Options

The Golf Thread

Comments

• Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Tiger's back!

(until the inevitable US Open implosion)

:lol: he's always "back" when he plays well. I do hope he plays well in two weeks
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,664
    Tiger motherfucking woods.
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I've never played a round of gold in my life.
  • Options
    Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    DS1119 wrote:

Never too late to start
  • Options
    Musicismylife where you at?
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,268
    DS1119 wrote:
    Amazing courses here in AZ!
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    mca47 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Yeah I know. Might have to eventually take it up. ANd bring a shogun for the snakes and shit.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,268
    DS1119 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Yeah I know. Might have to eventually take it up. ANd bring a shogun for the snakes and shit.
    I saw snake tracks in a sand trap a couple weeks ago. Didn't see the actual snake, but it looked like it was a big one! ~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    when i'm wrong, i'm wrong and after seeing this i now agree with those that say that tiger is washed up and done with golf...if this shot doesn't prove that he sucks, well i don't know what does

http://youtu.be/Tu5IZ_TJU7c
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,707
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I'll say it for him.....

"fuck tiger" :evil:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Fuck yeah!!!!!!!! That was awesome. God I hate sabattini

hey - how do you feel about sabattini? ... :lol::lol:
  • Options
    That was obviously over the moment tiger made thy chip and sabattini heard that roar. It's been a while since we heard a roar like that. Awesome stuff. Looked relaxed this week, even being sick.

What's absolutely insane is that rory now has as many missed cuts in his career as tiger. Insane!
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    That was obviously over the moment tiger made thy chip and sabattini heard that roar. It's been a while since we heard a roar like that. Awesome stuff. Looked relaxed this week, even being sick.

What's absolutely insane is that rory now has as many missed cuts in his career as tiger. Insane!
    Yeah, that's crazy. My cousin sent me a text saying Rory has been on the tour 4-5 years and has already missed 8 cuts, while Tiger's been on the tour for 17 years and has missed only 8 cuts. Amazing.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,789
    I shot 10 over par the other day....my all-time best score to par.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

im here. tournament wins are just that. He's now won a few tournament, what is it 3 tournaments in 2 plus years? Thats still hardly what i would consider a good stretch of play. And we've also seen it multiple times, heading into a major, he wins some tournament, and people start suggesting we etch his name onto the trophy right now. What Tiger has shown though is to start the parade early is a big mistake

This hasnt changed or proven anything. My stance for years has been he will never win another major. Winning this tournament says absolutely nothing about his chances at the US Open.
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

im here. tournament wins are just that. He's now won a few tournament, what is it 3 tournaments in 2 plus years? Thats still hardly what i would consider a good stretch of play. And we've also seen it multiple times, heading into a major, he wins some tournament, and people start suggesting we etch his name onto the trophy right now. What Tiger has shown though is to start the parade early is a big mistake

This hasnt changed or proven anything. My stance for years has been he will never win another major. Winning this tournament says absolutely nothing about his chances at the US Open.
    Only a handful or so golfers have won multiple times in the same stretch. Pretty good especially to the hundreds of guys that haven't won. And obviously it does say something about his chances at the US Open.
    #FHP
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    :shock:

Tiger, Phil and Bubba are grouped together for the first two rounds of the US Open

so what do ya think, 20,000? 30,000 following them the first 2 rounds? :lol::lol:
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,127
    I bought a Taylormade Rocketballz driver (a name so stupid it somehow works) and it actually increased my drives 30 - 40 yards, just like the marketing claimed it would. I really couldn't believe it. :shock:

Granted my last Nike driver is 10 years old, but I was hoping for maybe 10-20 extra yards at most. The damn thing works like a charm. :thumbup:
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    :shock:

Tiger, Phil and Bubba are grouped together for the first two rounds of the US Open

so what do ya think, 20,000? 30,000 following them the first 2 rounds? :lol::lol:

That's insane and all kinds of awesome.

Given the number of tickets they sell to the Open, I'd say that's accurate
  • Options
    Horos wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Only a handful or so golfers have won multiple times in the same stretch. Pretty good especially to the hundreds of guys that haven't won. And obviously it does say something about his chances at the US Open.

I disagree. he won prior to the masters didnt he this year? he didnt win the masters. We are seeing the same thing here. A win headed into the major. If anything I think it proves the opposite.
  • Options
    I wouldnt consider tiger a favorite for any major. Pick any of the major winners of the last few years. they all have better shots at winning a major than tiger.
  • Options
    I wouldnt consider tiger a favorite for any major. Pick any of the major winners of the last few years. they all have better shots at winning a major than tiger.

You're fucking lost dude. Give it up. Dude isn't going to go through a stretch like he did when he was the most dominant golfer in the world every week, but if you watched any of last weekend, you saw a dude who is finally comfortable with his swing and I believe was the leader in GIR. If he can get it tee to green like he did last week, in rough conditions, he has a better shot than anyone.
  • Options

How about last years British open winner you really think he's got a better shot than Tiger?
  • Options
    The experts say, Tiger is 6/1. Bubba Watson 33/1. Schwartzel 60/1. McIlroy at 12/1. Darren Clarke 250/1. Keegan Bradley 60/1. Phil Mickelson 18/1. Graeme McDowell 60/1. Louis Oosthuizen 50/1. Martin Kaymer 55/1.

That's the last 2 years winners.
    #FHP
  • Options
    I disagree. he won prior to the masters didnt he this year? he didnt win the masters. We are seeing the same thing here. A win headed into the major. If anything I think it proves the opposite.
    He's won the previous tournament a number of times before but only gone on to win the US Open once. Winning twice in a row is hard for anyone.
    #FHP
  • Options
    FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    I like Kuch-dog
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Nice win by Dusty Johnson after his injury. Just a classy player. He deserves it.

On to Congressional...the circus resumes Thursday.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    Wow there's some awesome Open pairings this year

Tiger,Phil,Bubba
    Rory,Donald,Westwood

http://www.usopen.com/en_US/scoring/groupings.html
  • Options
    Anybody else watch The Big Break? I usually only get into the women episodes but really like this competition.

Way back when it was first starting I thought they should have done Big Break Fore and brought in a bunch of hackers to try these challenges.
    #FHP
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Horos wrote:
    I usually only get into the women episodes

:lol::lol:

i watch it on and off ... i'm never too sure what season i am watching ...

hoping for some carnage at the us open this year ... :corn: