>>>Official Lebron James Page

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I absolutely feel for the city of Cleveland but I don't understand how he is not loyal. He gave 7 years there and they didn't win shit. Why would he go back to the same team? He is taking less money to play and win. He does not owe anything to Cleveland. I also don't understand why Chicago fans are mad. He feels he has a better chance to win in Miami and that's it.

i'm not mad....but i still think net lebron, that the bulls have a better roster. but at least now, miami can put 5 guys on the court. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    norm wrote:
    they have scholarships for the university of phoenix?!! :lol::lol:

Funny, but mean, i like it.
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    However, there are other factors at play here. None of the Boston Big Three had a title, and all were seasoned vets thirsty for a title. The egos were much less of a factor, in part because of their maturity. I think all of the new Miami Big Three have made their maturity issues evident these last few weeks.

Anyone else reminded of the Gary Payton/Karl Malone to the Lakers experiment? How'd that work out? A team has to work together to get a title. These guys still have a lot to prove.
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    let me put it this way, who would you rather be right now, a Knicks fan, and Cavalier fan or a Heat Fan?
    it's kind of easy when spelled out.
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,126
    Just looked up espn.com to find out his decision (watched Big Brother on my DVR instead) and while it's understandable and expected, it's still disappointing.

Guess now we'll find out if I'm talking out my ass, which is probably the case because any time I predict anything, the opposite occurs....
  • stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    milarso wrote:
    However, there are other factors at play here. None of the Boston Big Three had a title, and all were seasoned vets thirsty for a title. The egos were much less of a factor, in part because of their maturity. I think all of the new Miami Big Three have made their maturity issues evident these last few weeks.

Anyone else reminded of the Gary Payton/Karl Malone to the Lakers experiment? How'd that work out? A team has to work together to get a title. These guys still have a lot to prove.

See: Boston Celtics

Terrible take
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    milarso wrote:

Excellent point. I agree. Ultimately, teams need to work as a cohesive unit to win in the playoffs. However, the difference with The Glove and The Mailman (I hate both, but you have to admit, there aren't many better nicknames in the last 20 years) is they were role players on Kobe's team. By the way milarso, that Pistons title against the Lakers was one of the top 5 happiest basketball moments of my life.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • JasonEJasonE Posts: 531
    I don't think this is good for basketball. These guys are in their prime and unless they really have issues playing together, which could happen, you mine as well hand them the trophy now. It's not even going to be competitive.
    "If you're not confused, you're not paying attention."

"Rise above principal and do what's right."
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    JasonE wrote:
    I don't think this is good for basketball. These guys are in their prime and unless they really have issues playing together, which could happen, you mine as well hand them the trophy now. It's not even going to be competitive.
    They still have to play well as a team. I bet the 1992 Bulls could have beaten the 1992 olympic dream team.
    JasonE wrote:
    They still have to play well as a team. I bet the 1992 Bulls could have beaten the 1992 olympic dream team.

jordan and pippen would negate each other since they were on both teams, so i would take the dream team. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    JasonE wrote:

I don't know. Obviously, you have to say they are the favorite right now. However, they also have a bulls eye on their back from the get go (has that ever happened to a non-title holder?). NBA players have a lot of pride, and you know every time any team plays the Heat, they are going to be giving their all. That means Miami is going to have one hell of a grueling season next year.

Also- food for thought- how are the refs going to be calling Miami games? In the past, to breath on either Wade or James was to get a foul. I think the refs are going to feel pressure to not give out as many "star" calls for fear of things starting to look ridiculous.
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    81 wrote:
    JasonE wrote:

jordan and pippen would negate each other since they were on both teams, so i would take the dream team. :lol:
    Hey, could you give Stacey Williams some cred.. :lol:
    By the way milarso, that Pistons title against the Lakers was one of the top 5 happiest basketball moments of my life.

I agree. Probably the last time you will ever see an NBA championship go to a team defined by its defense and with no real superstar.
  • JasonEJasonE Posts: 531
    JasonE wrote:

Yeah but chances are they'll be fine. Would have been so much better for any fan of basketball to see him go to Chicago or New York. How pathetic are the Nets after everything is said and done? All they could do is overpay for Travis Outlaw... so sad.
    "If you're not confused, you're not paying attention."

"Rise above principal and do what's right."
    Hey, could you give Stacey Williams some cred.. :lol:

if you're scared, buy a dog...his color commentary is as bad as his nba career

you know....cliff levingston (sp) did help lead that come back agaist portland :lol: and less we forget the 3 point bombs that craig hodges dropped on opponents
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • maynardsuxmaynardsux Posts: 1,089
    LeBron is a sell-out....like Bosh, u couldn't get the job done on your own so u hitch your wagon onto a proven winner like D-Wade.....what happened to athletes of the past that had a sense of loyality and showed that by being the best was winning with what u had and doing it as a team, not going out and buying a championship.....even if Lebron goes on to win a championship or two, his legacy will be forever tarnished because he needed the help of Rupaul and Dwade to do it and couldn't do it on his own....it wasn't like MJ was surrounded by greatness (with the exception of Pippen), the Pistons, or San Antonio (who drafted their stars Robinson and Duncan) and how ridiculous of James to compare his situation to those teams....the ego that exists in professional sports today (lebron and bosh calling themselves great players when they haven't won jack) is a joke, and the NBA proved that today.
    '93 Toronto
    '94 Detroit
    '10 Columbus
    '11 Detroit (Eddie solo), Toronto 1 and 2, Ottawa, Hamilton
    '13 London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    '14 Detroit
    '16 Ottawa, Toronto 1 and 2, Chicago 1 and 2
    '18 Chicago 1 and 2
    '22 Hamilton, Toronto
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    With all the LeBron mania going on, this is funny.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SPORT/07/08/leb ... tml?hpt=T2

You know he's broke and wants to get his name out for his 15 minutes of fame.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his “decision” unlike anything ever “witnessed” in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don’t deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

“I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE”

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our “motivation” to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that’s simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown “chosen one” sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And “who” we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called “curse” on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former “King” will be taking the “curse” with him down south. And until he does “right” by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day….

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue….

Dan Gilbert

Majority Owner

Cleveland Cavaliers

http://www.sportstalkcleveland.com/blog/?p=1348
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,126
    Newch91 wrote:
    With all the LeBron mania going on, this is funny.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SPORT/07/08/leb ... tml?hpt=T2

You know he's broke and wants to get his name out for his 15 minutes of fame.
    Stovell says he has been trying for three years to establish paternity and is seeking $4 million in damages. An earlier test ruled out the possibility, but he said the test could have been tampered with -- "and there are indications that there was a motivation."
    WTF? :roll:
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    norm wrote:
    Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his “decision” unlike anything ever “witnessed” in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don’t deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

“I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE”

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our “motivation” to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that’s simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown “chosen one” sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And “who” we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called “curse” on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former “King” will be taking the “curse” with him down south. And until he does “right” by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day….

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue….

Dan Gilbert

Majority Owner

Cleveland Cavaliers

http://www.sportstalkcleveland.com/blog/?p=1348

Wow. And why is he calling LeBron selfish if the Cavs were offering him more than the Heat?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    norm wrote:

wow... bitter much?

Cleveland should come out of this with some sympathy, but if this is how the owner acts, they deserve all the criticism that they can get... classless...
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Gilbert should shut the fuck up. He sure as fuck didn't make his bones by sticking by every person that helped him out along the way. What a bunch of fucking nonsense. On the other hand, he is really just trying to stop 15,000 people from turning in their season tickets tomorrow.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Gilbert should shut the fuck up. He sure as fuck didn't make his bones by sticking by every person that helped him out along the way. What a bunch of fucking nonsense. On the other hand, he is really just trying to stop 15,000 people from turning in their season tickets tomorrow.

Yeah.. this letter will be followed shortly by the season ticket renewal letters/invoices lol...
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    maynardsux wrote:
    LeBron is a sell-out....like Bosh, u couldn't get the job done on your own so u hitch your wagon onto a proven winner like D-Wade.....what happened to athletes of the past that had a sense of loyality and showed that by being the best was winning with what u had and doing it as a team, not going out and buying a championship.....even if Lebron goes on to win a championship or two, his legacy will be forever tarnished because he needed the help of Rupaul and Dwade to do it and couldn't do it on his own....it wasn't like MJ was surrounded by greatness (with the exception of Pippen), the Pistons, or San Antonio (who drafted their stars Robinson and Duncan) and how ridiculous of James to compare his situation to those teams....the ego that exists in professional sports today (lebron and bosh calling themselves great players when they haven't won jack) is a joke, and the NBA proved that today.

Give me a break. What the fuck did he owe Cleveland? How many players have gotten it done on their own throughout NBA history? Not many.

Sell out? He took less money for fucks sake.

MJ was not surrounded by greatness? Ha!

Lebron is 25 years old. In 20 years from now I bet you will be singing a different tune.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah.. this letter will be followed shortly by the season ticket renewal letters/invoices lol...

Yeah, exactly. What a clown. The guys franchise would be in the drain if not for Lebron.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, exactly. What a clown. The guys franchise would be in the drain if not for Lebron.

In what 7 seasons with LeBron, they didn't surround him with enough talent to win a championship, but now that he leaves, they will be really motivated to win one? If I'm a Cavs fan, I'm pissed that apparently their "energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience" wasn't directed at winning a championship for the last 7 years.

The more times I read this letter, the more of a douchebag that I think Dan Gilbert is.

"This shocking act of disloyalty..." He was a free agent that went to a different team... how shocking is that? I could see if he said all along that he was going to stay and pulled this, but he never committed (publicly) to anything. Just because he grew up there, doesn't mean that Cleveland owns him.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    ― Abraham Lincoln

In what 7 seasons with LeBron, they didn't surround him with enough talent to win a championship, but now that he leaves, they will be really motivated to win one? If I'm a Cavs fan, I'm pissed that apparently their "energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience" wasn't directed at winning a championship for the last 7 years.

The more times I read this letter, the more of a douchebag that I think Dan Gilbert is.

"This shocking act of disloyalty..." He was a free agent that went to a different team... how shocking is that? I could see if he said all along that he was going to stay and pulled this, but he never committed (publicly) to anything. Just because he grew up there, doesn't mean that Cleveland owns him.

All grat points. Mo Williams is the best guard you can give Lebron and you are suprised he is leaving? haha, yeah, you might have wanted to be motived while you had one of the best players on the planet, not after.

The thing is, Lebron has said all along that he signed the contract he did because it gave him the opportunity to become a free agent and make a decision to give himself the best chance to win. To him, Miami is clearly the best chance. He has stated all along exactly what he was going to do and he did it.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    thank god this is over. now espn can get back to brett favre coverage.

what a joke
    The Fixer wrote:
    thank god this is over. now espn can get back to brett favre coverage.

what a joke

Initially, I honestly didn't mind ESPN dedicating an hour to it (and I hate ESPN more than anything). I mean, it is a pretty big deal and people have been talking about today for a few years. But then the coverage was just fucking horrible and it took them 20+ minutes to get to Lebron after saying it would be announced within 10 minutes. But yeah, they had to show photoshops of Lebron in each uniform he talked to and a fucking map of where fans thought he would go. Fucking ESPN. Is there some way we can kick Bristol, Conn out of this country?
    if not all of bristol, at least stu scott. between his dopey expressions and eye brows and glasses....he is ok :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg