MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    edited July 2016
    The coolest stat you'll ever hear:
    Chris Davis of the O's has 45 HRs, 143 hits, and 111 RBI's over the last 365 days.

Khris Davis of the brewers has 45 HRs, 143 hits, and 111 RBI's over the last 365 days.

will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710

Chris Davis of the O's has 45 HRs, 143 hits, and 111 RBI's over the last 365 days.

Khris Davis of the brewers has 45 HRs, 143 hits, and 111 RBI's over the last 365 days.

That's wild. How about the fact that prince and Cecil fielder have the same number of home runs, and prince's career is in jeopardy
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,701

Would be cooler if they both spelled their first name with the same letter
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

Would be cooler if they both spelled their first name with the same letter
    Then you wouldn't be able to tell them apart.
    Matt Kemp goes from a good team to a bad team to a worse team
    I miss igotid88
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    I don't understand this trade at all from either side.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,119

I don't understand this trade at all from either side.

Salary dump for the Padres. Even after sending the $10M to the Braves as part of the deal, they'll wind up saving about $7M a year. I think I saw where they were wanting to DFA Olivera and call up their top OF prospect.

I don't get this move at all for the Braves. They need offense, but anything he provides at the plate is negated by poor defense and they're already pretty bad on defense. My guess is they'll keep him around for a year (maybe less) and try to flip him to an AL team (ideal DH) for a couple of mid-tier prospects. The team had been shopping Olivera ever since that domestic abuse case happened, so maybe that was the absolute best they could do. Some writers suggested they would take a bad deal to rid themselves of him and it looks like they were right.
  • Any predictions for the trade deadline?

I think Mets get Bruce as it starting to heat up.
    White Sox keep Sale but trade Quintana to D*dgers for a package that has Puig as the big piece.
    Rays do trade one of their starters. Hoping it is Moore to the Giants are rumors are starting to float.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,119
    Mets did, in fact, get Bruce. Traded OF prospect Brandon Nimmo plus 2 other low level minor league players to get Bruce.

Dodgers acquired Josh Reddick and Rich Hill from Oakland for 3 RHP prospects.

Mets did, in fact, get Bruce. Traded OF prospect Brandon Nimmo plus 2 other low level minor league players to get Bruce.

Bruce deal not done yet.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

Bruce deal not done yet.
    One of the prospects are hung up in the physical process.
  • Beltran now to the Rangers for last years 4th overall pick (and a couple smaller pieces).

Yankees have done really, really well this deadline.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    Wow, the Giants just gave up a whole lot for a below average middle reliever.
  • Agreed that they gave up to much for a reliever. I loved Susac 2 seasons ago. He is 26 and still in the minors and has not been able to stay healthy. Giants love the kid Brown who is now the backup catcher so Susac was blocked and expendable. Bickford is still in low A so while he has a lot of upside he is a ways away. Plus who knows if he makes it or not.

Now the trade for Moore I love. Gillapsie has made it to where Duffy was not needed. Add in Nunez and Duffy was prime trade bait.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    If there are any winners in this trade season not named the cubs, it has to be texas. They just got lucroy, jeffress, and beltran. They have a stacked line up and a legitimate closer with a legitimate 8th inning guy. Too bad all of their starters are frail. I see Texas making a deep playoff run if not losing to the cubs in the series!
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,747

Beltran now to the Rangers for last years 4th overall pick (and a couple smaller pieces).

Yankees have done really, really well this deadline.

Yeah, it does look like the Yankees did well, but won't really know for a few years though. I think they did the right thing by making these trades as they had to get younger.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    Mark Teixeira announcing retirement today, effective end of this season.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,857
    timmy needs to walk away. 3 WS rings; 2 Cy's and a healthy bank account. he'll always be remembered fondly in SF.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Damn. Arod retired. Hated the guy but one hell of a player.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle

Damn. Arod retired. Hated the guy but one hell of a player.

Arod and bonds are the two best players I have ever seen
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383

And 2 of the biggest pieces of shit to play the game. Baseball will become a better sport Friday when A Fraud is no longer playing it.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,857
    timmy designated for assignment.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    pureoc said:

And 2 of the biggest pieces of shit to play the game. Baseball will become a better sport Friday when A Fraud is no longer playing it.
    Coukdnt disagree more. The problem lies in that they were BOTH hall of fame players before they used PEDs. I'm of the opinion that the juicers should get in too. No asterisks but with a simple sentence added to the HOF plaque: "this player played in the steroid era." OR "this person tested positive for PEDs." It's that simple.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,721
    Ichiro 30th player to reach 3,000 hits in his career. image
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA

Ichiro 30th player to reach 3,000 hits in his career. image

He's is such an awesome player. 5 tool guy minus the power. But he could hit one out if he wanted to.

pureoc said:

Coukdnt disagree more. The problem lies in that they were BOTH hall of fame players before they used PEDs. I'm of the opinion that the juicers should get in too. No asterisks but with a simple sentence added to the HOF plaque: "this player played in the steroid era." OR "this person tested positive for PEDs." It's that simple.
    Agreed. And I wouldn't even go with the disclaimer. Then you'd have to add things like "this pitcher played in the dead ball era" etc.
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383

pureoc said:

To each their own. They don't belong in the hall. They got plenty, fame and a shit ton of cash to play a game. They cheated the fans, they got more than enough. In no way do they deserve to be given the highest honor in the game.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
    pureoc said:

pureoc said:

To each their own. They don't belong in the hall. They got plenty, fame and a shit ton of cash to play a game. They cheated the fans, they got more than enough. In no way do they deserve to be given the highest honor in the game.
    Lol they cheated the fans. What are you a little leaguer who believes in Santa?
    The fans loved it. Viewership was down since the '94 strike. MLB turns a blind eye to steroid use, suddenly everyone starts hitting 50-60 home runs, and baseball is loved once again!

pureoc said:

pureoc said:

Lol they cheated the fans. What are you a little leaguer who believes in Santa?
    Yea, if you feel cheated that pro athletes cheat, better stop watching professional sports.