Options

MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,638
    polaris_x said:

they didn't even let him start at 3B as he requested for his last game ... and if he was such a great locker room guy - why not keep him up to mentor the young guys if he's that great ... especially with september coming up and your rosters can expand ...

Because he wasn't going to play, wasn't happy he wasn't going to play and the Yankees didn't want that distraction. It's really that simple

We get it...you don't like anyone who took steroids and think they're all scumbags.
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559

polaris_x said:

they didn't even let him start at 3B as he requested for his last game ... and if he was such a great locker room guy - why not keep him up to mentor the young guys if he's that great ... especially with september coming up and your rosters can expand ...

Because he wasn't going to play, wasn't happy he wasn't going to play and the Yankees didn't want that distraction. It's really that simple

We get it...you don't like anyone who took steroids and think they're all scumbags.
    actually ... you don't get it ... I'm not a fan of assholes ... not all guys who took roids are assholes ...

i'm just trying to objectively reconcile what you guys are saying ... you guys clearly think he's this awesome person which doesn't reconcile ... teams carry veterans that don't get much PT all the time ... especially in baseball ... IF he was this great mentor - then that's a significant asset when you are playing young guys ...
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    polaris_x said:

He's a defensive liability at third. Even though the Yankees were sellers at the deadline, they are still in a playoff hunt. He got his send off at tbird. Girardi did a good job with it.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options

polaris_x said:

He's a defensive liability at third. Even though the Yankees were sellers at the deadline, they are still in a playoff hunt. He got his send off at tbird. Girardi did a good job with it.
    Sure ... but 1 game or 3 innings at 3rd? ... the way some people on this board talk up arod - he is a god living among men ... this is my point ... if he really was such a class guy and such a great mentor in the locker room ... you're telling me he couldn't play 3 innings at 3rd based on his final game? ... just doesn't reconcile unless maybe he's not the person some people think he is ...
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    polaris_x said:

polaris_x said:

Sure ... but 1 game or 3 innings at 3rd? ... the way some people on this board talk up arod - he is a god living among men ... this is my point ... if he really was such a class guy and such a great mentor in the locker room ... you're telling me he couldn't play 3 innings at 3rd based on his final game? ... just doesn't reconcile unless maybe he's not the person some people think he is ...
    Being a good locker room guy and a defensive liability are 2 completely different things. I'm telling you that Girardi was even worried about him being out there for 1 at bat, let alone 3 innings. The 2 things don't coincide.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options

polaris_x said:

polaris_x said:

Being a good locker room guy and a defensive liability are 2 completely different things. I'm telling you that Girardi was even worried about him being out there for 1 at bat, let alone 3 innings. The 2 things don't coincide.
    i dunno ... it looks like to me he hasn't been treated like the guy some people think he is ...
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Arod had to carry a card around for a while telling him to remember that other people have feelings. No 'good guy' has to be reminded that other people have feelings. He may have become a better teammate later on but dude was an asshat the first part of it.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,528
    polaris_x said:

polaris_x said:

he's had 2 hip surgeries. they operated on the wrong one the first time
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    polaris_x said:

polaris_x said:

he's had 2 hip surgeries. they operated on the wrong one the first time
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    polaris_x said:

polaris_x said:

actually ... you don't get it ... I'm not a fan of assholes ... not all guys who took roids are assholes ...

i'm just trying to objectively reconcile what you guys are saying ... you guys clearly think he's this awesome person which doesn't reconcile ... teams carry veterans that don't get much PT all the time ... especially in baseball ... IF he was this great mentor - then that's a significant asset when you are playing young guys ...
    I didn't say he was an awesome person. We are saying that by objective accounts he is not a clubhouse cancer and is extremely respected, especially with the younger players who he talks baseball with constantly. It's no coincidence that the guys that have thrown at him and have public problems with him are older veterans that have experienced all his nonsense first hand.

Arod is not on the team to be a mentor, even if it is something he is good at. Arod is not going to be happy and there are going to be issues if he is getting 2 at bats a week. It's just as simple as that. Teams do not waste roster spots on a DH who has no on field value.

There are a number of off the record opinions that Arod is a significantly better teammate than Jeter.

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,766
    Jeter's best teammates?
    Jessica Alba
    Jessica Beil
    Minka Kelly
    Jordana Brewster
    Vanessa Minnillo
    Scarlett Johansson
    Hannah Davis (wife now)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options

Jeter's best teammates?
    Jessica Alba
    Jessica Beil
    Minka Kelly
    Jordana Brewster
    Vanessa Minnillo
    Scarlett Johansson
    Hannah Davis (wife now)

Hell of a list.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    Curt Shilling. A turd in real life. Of course he is entertaining politics as his next move.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,272
    Phillies fans give visiting Chase Utley two minute standing O in 1st at-bat and two curtain calls after home runs last night. sometimes we get it right.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,127

Curt Shilling. A turd in real life. Of course he is entertaining politics as his next move.

I wonder with his strong political beliefs is he standing behind Trump?

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p said:

Peace

https://38pitches.wordpress.com/2016/05/13/why-i-will-vote-for-donald-trump/
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,766
    polaris_x said:

g under p said:

Peace

Reason #1
    I trust him.
    :rofl:
  • Options
    He probably should not try that catch in a regular season game that doesn't mean much but I love it. Great effort, great catch, great fun playing baseball. I am no Cubs fan (Redlegs) but how can you not clap for that?
    Nice catch, glad he didn't hurt himself!
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,272
    edited August 2016

Jeter's best teammates?
    Jessica Alba
    Jessica Beil
    Minka Kelly
    Jordana Brewster
    Vanessa Minnillo
    Scarlett Johansson
    Hannah Davis (wife now)

Jessica Alba
    Jessica Beil
    Minka Kelly
    Jordana Brewster
    Vanessa Minnillo
    Scarlett Johansson
    Hannah Davis (wife now)
    Hell of a list.
    Hall of Fame list right there. #respect #captip
  • Options
    Can't stand this dude.

http://deadspin.com/josh-donaldson-throws-post-strikeout-tantrum-yells-at-1785414035

Yes, I am aware that I like Paul O'Neill and can't stand Donaldson. O'Neill is the perfect guy to comment on that though. Dude is doing a lot of Yanks games these days.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Well the Marlins playoff hopes are all but gone.
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Since A-Rod might not play again. The player closest to 700 hr is Pujols. At the pace he's going he'll pass Ruth. Unless he breaks down. But he seems to play a lot
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    I wonder what type of offers Jered Weaver will get in the offseason given how bad he's been the last 3 seasons. He might need to take a one year deal to prove himself again.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    It was in this thread where we discussed the 30 for 30 on Doc & Darryl....and how at the end, in the diner scene, that Doc looked like he was jacked up pretty badly?
    :(
    espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/17362589/darryl-strawberry-fears-doc-gooden-says-complete-junkie-addict
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,603
    I hear the d-bags are cleaning house (again) :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    polaris_x said:

g under p said:

Peace

good enough reason not to vote for trump.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Wobbie said:

They will give them 1 more year. Coach may get fired now but Larussa and Stewart both get 1 more.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options

Wobbie said:

They will give them 1 more year. Coach may get fired now but Larussa and Stewart both get 1 more.
    damn. TLR is a giant douche.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14