Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    imalive wrote: »

Dude, this stuff is awesome. Baseball is the best. 96 days till pitchers and catchers.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,861
    Cliffy6745 wrote: »

plus, they've probably already got steroid guys.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Pedro Martinez, Randy Johnson, John Smoltz and Craig Biggio make up 2015 class in Baseball Hall
  • norm wrote: »
    Pedro Martinez, Randy Johnson, John Smoltz and Craig Biggio make up 2015 class in Baseball Hall

Great class.

15 voters didn't vote for Randy Johnson. 49 voters didn't vote for Pedro. Baseball HOF voters are the biggest bunch of elitist douchebags. How anyone could not vote for either of those 2 guys is a mystery to me.
    thank god we're keeping out ALL the steroid guys!!!

1990-Topps-Frank-Thomas-No-Name-on-Front-212x300.jpg

frank-thomas-steroids.jpg

these voters like to think they know everything, when they really just want to take the easy way out. they'll welcome Piazza next year; maybe Bagwell and, eventually, Pudge too.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • imalive wrote: »

these voters like to think they know everything, when they really just want to take the easy way out. they'll welcome Piazza next year; maybe Bagwell and, eventually, Pudge too.

Are you trying to say that my childhood hero Frank Thomas did steroids?!?!?!?

Obviously you can never know for sure, but his name was never mentioned with any of the steroid guys over the years and he has always been adamant that he never did steroids. Also- he looks pretty damn big in that rookie card picture you posted there and he was probably 20 years old. He never went through a massive change in his mid 30s like some others did.
    Frank probably did NOT take roids....altho he may have....no one outside of Canseco has willingly copped to it.

my thing all along has been a problem with the "oh, we KNOW he's clean" guys....guys like Palmiero, arod, Griffey, etc.....the voters don't KNOW very much.....yeah, they know bonds and McGwire used, but they really don't have a clue who DIDNT use.

Canseco said it was 85%, Gagne said 80%.....HOF voters need to end their sanctimonious hypocrisy and just vote in guys on achievement.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305

When Pudge retired, I posted something about it on another message board, congratulating him on an incredible career. Somebody immediately ripped into me about doping and how unworthy he is of the HOF. 8-| Seriously, is there anything left to say about steroids? The more time that goes by, the less the voters can take the "high road" and refuse to consider anyone that has the slightest suspicion of doping.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Congrats to the 4 players awarded this honor - especially those 3 amazing pitchers. I was lucky enough to see them all start min. 10 games each except for Smoltz but I saw him pitch at least that many times including closer times. I hated Pedro with such a passion but he was probably the best pitchers I feel like I ever saw throw live. I saw him just destroy hitters young with all of his stuff and old with all of his smarts.
    My wheelhouse will be the next few years....and I imagine there are many of us in the same age bracket given the band we are all connected by.
    Pretty cool to see these guys get voted in and not just say "Yeah, I know all about them" or "My dad told me all about them" but "Shit, I saw them play a ton in person and during playoffs/on tv, etc"

I only go to 5 games or so a year now (although I watch more on TV than I did) whereas I used to go to 40+ games a year. Shit. Getting old and boring. [And I refuse to drink and drive now so there goes going to the ballgame w/o a D.D. lol.]

Congrats to these awesome players.

Let Pete Rose and the Roiders In. Fuck it.
    "If you aint cheatin', you aint tryin'." All of these sports guys live by this. Griffey is my 2nd favorite player of all time and I am sure he did something we could consider cheating at one point or another.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • norm wrote: »

Great class.

15 voters didn't vote for Randy Johnson. 49 voters didn't vote for Pedro. Baseball HOF voters are the biggest bunch of elitist douchebags. How anyone could not vote for either of those 2 guys is a mystery to me.

They didn't get in unanimously as they should have thanks to the rule that a voter can only pick 10 on a ballot. Stark on ESPN linked to one of his writer friends that posted his ballot with a note that he was sorry he didn't vote for Pedro or the Unit. He needed those 2 votes to try and help keep others on the ballot he feared wouldn't get the 5%. I want the HOF to be for the best of the best and hard to get in but agree with Stark that if someone is a HOF'er they are a HOF'er. Its doesn't matter if they are 5 or 15 on the ballot who should qualify. You are one or you are not. He wants unlimited voting for the writers.

Thanks to the HOF blatantly going against the Steroid users (the shortening of eligibility from 15 to 10 years was purely to screw them over) Bonds may never get in as well as everyone else. They won't elect Piazza which is a travesty as well. Greatest hitting catcher ever who was only linked to Andro (legal both in MLB and to sell over the counter then) shows its a joke now.

Let the Roiders In! They are part of MLB history just the same as Ty Cobb is.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    edited January 2015
    Mike piazza should have been voted in. I agree with the four that got in. Bagwell should be in as well. Btw, I firmly believe Frank Thomas used PEDs. I can't think of many that didn't. I think Biggio did. It's not always about size. Cal ripken probably used. I'm sure my favorite player of all time, Rickey Henderson doped. What are ya going to do? Put the hall of famers in. Bonds, McGuire, Clemons.....they were HoFs before PEDs (in McGuires case, his whole career), but he's one of the greats. Most of the pitchers he was facing were juicing as well.
    Post edited by Last-12-Exit on
    Mike piazza should have been voted in. I agree with the four that got in. Bagwell should be in as well. Btw, I firmly believe Frank Thomas used PEDs. I can't think of many that didn't. I think Biggio did. It's not always about size. Cal ripken probably used. I'm sure my favorite player of all time, Rickey Henderson doped. What are ya going to do? Put the hall of famers in. Bonds, McGuire, Clemons.....they were HoFs before PEDs (in McGuires case, his whole career), but he's one of the greats. Most of the pitchers he was facing were juicing as well.

agreed on Rickey. No, not always about size....look at arod.

I'm fine with Piazza, Pudge and Bagwell getting in......as long as Bonds and Clemens get in TOO.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    edited January 2015

agreed on Rickey. No, not always about size....look at arod.

I'm fine with Piazza, Pudge and Bagwell getting in......as long as Bonds and Clemens get in TOO.

I'm ok with bonds and Clemons getting in at some point. They were HoFs before steroids. At some point, these arrogant sport writers are going to HAVE to let these guys in. They can't just ignore an entire generation of athletes that would have more than likely been in without the juice. I'm also ok with Guys like Sosa, Braun, and others who wouldn't even be on a roster without the steroids not being voted in.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,424

What kinda evidence is there against Big Hurt? A dude with his natural size and plate discipline is naturally gonna put up some impressive numbers. Never been a sniff of suspicion other than the era he played and his numbers seen an appropriate dropoff.

I think they should all be in, unless they're gonna banish guys like Mays, Aaron and Schmidt. Voters love putting guys like that up on a pedestal. If they wanna be the moral police, then it's pretty slim pickins throughout the history of the game.
    edited January 2015
    DewieCox wrote: »

What kinda evidence is there against Big Hurt? A dude with his natural size and plate discipline is naturally gonna put up some impressive numbers. Never been a sniff of suspicion other than the era he played and his numbers seen an appropriate dropoff.

I think they should all be in, unless they're gonna banish guys like Mays, Aaron and Schmidt. Voters love putting guys like that up on a pedestal. If they wanna be the moral police, then it's pretty slim pickins throughout the history of the game.

I have zero evidence other than the eye test. Frank Thomas was always a bug guy. By about his 6th year, he got huge.

Frank in his rookie year:
    1991+frank+thomas.jpg

Frank Thomas 1997 or 1998:
    112613-frank-thomas-600.jpg

I attributed his drop in numbers to him stopping the PEDs.
    Post edited by Last-12-Exit on
    I'm not saying he's shouldn't be in the HoF, I just think he was one of a lot of players who juiced up.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,401
    So Dickie Thon got screwed over yet again, huh?
    www.myspace.com
  • So Dickie Thon got screwed over yet again, huh?

hahah. Did you happen to see Darin Erstad's response to getting a single vote?

sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/darin-erstad-has-a-great-response-to-his-one-hall-of-fame-vote-210249998.html
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • High and mighty Schilling said he thinks Bonds should get into the HOF. It might actually help Bonds since Schilling has always been very vocal against those guys going back to the original congressional hearings. His theory was Bonds was HOF'er before steroids (very true) but then proceeded to say Clemens shouldn't get in. The theories with Clemens I have seen was that he started juicing after he left Boston in either Toronto or NY. Clemens had 3 cy youngs and a MVP before that which would probably have been enough to get him in had he retired then. His wins are not very impressive at that point but from 86 to 89 he was the greatest pitcher active. So as usual Schilling is out in left field by himself again. I love that he is giving support to Bonds but you can't really have Bonds in without Clemens to me. As a Giants fan I would gladly take just Bonds but for baseball purposes both need to be elected. Leave Aroid, Sosa and McGwire out if you will since they juiced their whole careers but the other 2 are 2 of the greatest players ever.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    cdysinge wrote: »
    I love that he is giving support to Bonds but you can't really have Bonds in without Clemens to me. As a Giants fan I would gladly take just Bonds but for baseball purposes both need to be elected. Leave Aroid, Sosa and McGwire out if you will since they juiced their whole careers but the other 2 are 2 of the greatest players ever.

agreed. I didn't know Schilling was getting behind Bonds. surprising, because Schilling has always been so high and mighty.

there's been a lot of talk/outrage/disbelief that Piazza didn't get in...."greatest hitting catcher, ever"....fine, put him in but most rational people believe he roided, so Bonds has got to be in too. and don't give me shit about "no evidence." ;)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    So Robinson Cano is a terrorist?

150107233102-paris-attack-suspects-03-super-169.jpg
  • robinson-cano3-379x540.jpg

Holy crap. I didnt realize Cano spends his off seasons in Paris
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle

Cliffy...... [-X

He used to be your boy!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

Cliffy...... [-X

He used to be your boy!

Hahahah. I still like Robbie. Doesn't mean he doesn't look like that dude though
    cdysinge wrote: »
    robinson-cano3-379x540.jpg

Holy crap. I didnt realize Cano spends his off seasons in Paris

Right?!?

Cliffy...... [-X

He used to be your boy!

Hahahah. I still like Robbie. Doesn't mean he doesn't look like that dude though

dude on the right kinda looks like the center for my utah jazz.

940x.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

Cliffy...... [-X

He used to be your boy!

dude on the right kinda looks like the center for my utah jazz.

940x.jpg

Hahah yeah, maybe
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,401
    they all look the same to you guys, huh? buncha racists...
    www.myspace.com