MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    imalive said:

i_lov_it said:

Here's to the CUBS or the YANKEES winning the World Series next year.

say what?
    aussie rules football fan.....or maybe rugby......or cricket.

Well I'm from WESTERN AUSTRALIA so it's definitely Not Rugby lol...But you're right about Aussie Rules and Cricket.
  • Dodgers added another outfielder. They either have trades brewing for two of their massively over paid guys or Fraudman really is going to make Giants fans happy. They must be smoking some really good cali weed If they really thought they were going to get back someone like Gaussman or Bundy back from the Orioles. Only way that would ever happen is if they picked up all the remaining dollars on his deal. Kemp may have been really good the second half of last season but he is now into his 30's and signed for a long time at star level money. I would be willing to bet they could get something decent for him but not those guys.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,861
    Hard to believe Torii Hunter can still make $10.5M per.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • ^^ Agree. Seems like a great guy but is very average player with no upside any longer.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710

^^ Agree. Seems like a great guy but is very average player with no upside any longer.

Does he though?

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/03/torii-hunter-calls-reporter-prick-after-question-about-gay-marriage-views/

He sucks as a player and as a person.
  • ^^ Agree. Seems like a great guy but is very average player with no upside any longer.

Does he though?

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/03/torii-hunter-calls-reporter-prick-after-question-about-gay-marriage-views/

Huh. Goes to show being a casual fan and making judgements can go both ways. (Assuming because a guy smiles all of the time on camera he is probably a really nice guy....and assuming the opposite if a guy doesnt smile.) I stand corrected -- what an asshat!
  • i_lov_it said:

Here's to the CUBS or the YANKEES winning the World Series next year.

I would give give the rest of my fingers on my left hand to see the cubs finally win. Sadly, I don't think that will be enough to see even a world series visit in my lifetime. But I will still watch them, go to Wrigley, go to Atlanta when they play the cubs, and get pissed off when they are out of the playoffs by July.
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    edited December 2014
    Everyone knows Bonds was an a-hole but that was only the surface. He once told a retired almost made it to the hall of fame pitcher (I cant remember who it was exactly) to pretty much go f himself when the pitcher presented him with a Jersey and asked him to sign it as his charity organization was doing a fund raiser for a childrens group and wanted to auction it off with other baseball memorabilia that was donated. All Bonds had to do was take the pen he was being handed and sign it. I took down all my Bonds stuff for a while after I read that in Game of Shadows. It was a good full year later before I made the decision I rooted for him as a Giants player and not as a person and put some back up. Still, what a freaking a-hole. Thank god a-rod came along and became pompous ass #1.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    Yikes, braves

Yikes, braves

bad signing. My Giants need to do something but I keep finding myself relieved when another overrated player signs elsewhere :))

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • imalive said:

Yikes, braves

bad signing. My Giants need to do something but I keep finding myself relieved when another overrated player signs elsewhere :))

Winning the WS every other year isn't enough? Sheesh!
    :))
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,401

^^ Agree. Seems like a great guy but is very average player with no upside any longer.

Does he though?

Huh. Goes to show being a casual fan and making judgements can go both ways. (Assuming because a guy smiles all of the time on camera he is probably a really nice guy....and assuming the opposite if a guy doesnt smile.) I stand corrected -- what an asshat!
    is he really that bad of a person? i think most of us disagree with him on his views on gay marriage and he certainly didn't handle those questions well at all....but i think there are far worse people in mlb and sports in general than torii hunter. unless i'm missing something else he did?
    www.myspace.com

Does he though?

is he really that bad of a person? i think most of us disagree with him on his views on gay marriage and he certainly didn't handle those questions well at all....but i think there are far worse people in mlb and sports in general than torii hunter. unless i'm missing something else he did?
    The way he handled himself at the press conference earned him the title of Asshat for at least a day.
    HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Braves. WTF.
  • White Sox making some serious moves. Love the Samardzija trade and Robertson signing. That's going to be a pretty nastsy 1-2 punch at the top of the rotation with Sale and Samardzija. Robertson along with Duke will really help out what was a pathetic bullpen last year. Can't believe I'm excited for baseball already.
    Glad you're excited. Sox face an uphill battle...tough division.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • I'm super excited. The Reds made......oh yeah, never mind. No moves! :(
    Payroll being what it is and allocated where it is, it looks like no big moves.
    Love that baseball is close to being "in the air" though.
  • No I have to hate shark. Of all the fucking team, it had to be the Sox.
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
    Cubs sign Lester for 6 years and $155 million. Crazy money. Wow
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11

Cubs fan, I assume?

Cubs fan, I assume?
    Yes, fortunately sharks loves the cubs. I see him playing one season on the devils side of Chicago then resigning with the cubs afterwards.

Cubs fan, I assume?
    Yes, fortunately sharks loves the cubs. I see him playing one season on the devils side of Chicago then resigning with the cubs afterwards.
    He also grew up a Sox fan in Indiana. Hopefully the Sox can work out something w/ him long term.

You seem to have some hate for the Sox there. Always blows my mind when Sox/Cubs fans are so concerned about the other team in town....only time I care about the Cubs is the stupid 3-4 games they play the Sox in the regular season.
    The long rumored Porcello-Cespedes trade is happening.

Not a little bit nervous about Boston's rotation as of now. Some young and potentially good pitchers, but nothing that makes me nervous.
  • Wow for the Dodgers. Friedman making moves right and left. NL West will be a lot more interesting if the Dodgers are actually run with some competence. I'm not sold on the Rollins trade but they are definitely getting better.

Hopefully the Giants can pull of the Upton trade they are shooting for in response.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    What an insane day
    Boston, you're not fooling anyone with that rotation.

Then again, either are the Yankees.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,928
    The game has definitely swung in the balance of prospects, but I gotta say - I think last year was just a preamble to this season, as well as the complete polar opposite. I guess you'll see a lot more activity in the future during the off-season and not quite during the trade deadline.
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    edited December 2014

No I have to hate shark. Of all the fucking team, it had to be the Sox.

Cubs fan, I assume?
    He also grew up a Sox fan in Indiana. Hopefully the Sox can work out something w/ him long term.

You seem to have some hate for the Sox there. Always blows my mind when Sox/Cubs fans are so concerned about the other team in town....only time I care about the Cubs is the stupid 3-4 games they play the Sox in the regular season.
    Yes. I hate the Shiite Sox. Should it surprise anyone that a life long, die hard cub fan doesn't like their cross town rival?
  • The long rumored Porcello-Cespedes trade is happening.

Not a little bit nervous about Boston's rotation as of now. Some young and potentially good pitchers, but nothing that makes me nervous.

Is Porcello that good? His career era is very high. Are there other players involved?

Cubs fan, I assume?

Yes. I hate the Shiite Sox. Should it surprise anyone that a life long, die hard cub fan doesn't like their cross town rival?
    Shiiite Sox...that's a good one. Real original. I'm a lifelong, die hard Sox fan and I could give 2 shits about the Cubs....don't root for them, don't root against them. I'm indifferent.

Funny that you throw the word rival around. Up until interleague play started 15years ago, they didn't even play in the regular season! Like I said in my original comment, it amazes me that so many people are so concerned about the other team when in reality, they have little to no impact on each other. There will always be a little shit-talking amongst your friends who like the other team, but I'll never understand the people that have the absolute hatred for the Cubs or Sox. Seems silly to me.