MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• they all look the same to you guys, huh? buncha racists...

I suppose we all look alike to you, right Costanza?
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,861
    they all look the same to you guys, huh? buncha racists...

you can take your "racist" talk over to the MT.

Image-2-28-13-at-9.33-AM.png
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    edited January 2015
    I really do not understand Beane and the A's at all. So are they reloading or are they going for it next season? Trading 2 good prospects for Zobrist makes no sense unless you are going for it and are only looking short term. With their payroll strange trade for them

Unless this was purely to fuck the Giants for the San Jose fiasco. Everyone knows the Giants were hot for him but also didn't want to over pay. Since the Giants don't have the best prospects anyways why not over pay and take him off the table.

Fuck you Beane!
    Post edited by Amongst the Ani on
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    I don't get that trade either.
  • PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 787
    Vote this guy in..first ballot
    ed75_zps11d3d476.jpg
    I could have put this in the Giants thread, but it should be enjoyed by all...

pencehair_eg5z74t5.gif

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote: »

pencehair_eg5z74t5.gif

Lol. Is that Hunter pence??

pencehair_eg5z74t5.gif

you're damn straight that's hunter pence!

the juggler thought his Phillies got over on the Giants in that trade.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    I remember when Glenallen played for the Giants....dude never met a pitch he didn't like.

http://m.mlb.com/video/v25549985/milchc-hills-blast-hits-wrigleyville-rooftop/?query=Glenallen+Hill

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    I remember when Glenallen played for the Giants....dude never met a pitch he didn't like.

http://m.mlb.com/video/v25549985/milchc-hills-blast-hits-wrigleyville-rooftop/?query=Glenallen+Hill

I remember his days with the cubs.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,415

pencehair_eg5z74t5.gif

Hunter wasn't very good in Philly. he wilted under the pressure especially when Ryan Howard was injured. he struggle at the plate and in the field. Nice complimentary piece but when we needed him to be more he couldn't do it here.
    pjhawks wrote: »

pencehair_eg5z74t5.gif

Hunter wasn't very good in Philly. he wilted under the pressure especially when Ryan Howard was injured. he struggle at the plate and in the field. Nice complimentary piece but when we needed him to be more he couldn't do it here.

it's those asshole philly fans!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    edited January 2015

pencehair_eg5z74t5.gif

Damn Philly fans. I think most would agree they are assholes. I know quite a few as my companies US headquarters is in Philly and the good ones agree. Only the true assholes don't. Been there many times and it seems to be a great city other than the sports. Pence was a godsend to SF and I doubt they would have won the last 2 without him. He helped make being a Giants fan fun again.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,041
    edited January 2015
    cdysinge wrote: »

pencehair_eg5z74t5.gif

Damn Philly fans. I think most would agree they are assholes. I know quite a few as my companies US headquarters is in Philly and the good ones agree. Only the true assholes don't. Been there many times and it seems to be a great city other than the sports. Pence was a godsend to SF and I doubt they would have won the last 2 without him. He helped make being a Giants fan fun again.

As a transplant I disagree with this. In the nearly 3 years I have lived here I came to have a change of heart....are there drunken, rowdy, asshole fans? Sure. Perhaps more than in LA, Chicago, SF, Oakland, New York, Boston or many of the other places I have seen completely disgusting behavior at various sports events. The fact that the national media has vilified them actually makes some of these assholes behave in a worse fashion I believe.

However the average Philly fan is deeply invested in their teams and I respect that. I dont root for any of the home teams and I still am not wearing my team jerseys when the Reds, Kings, 49ers come into town to play and I go to the games.....but I do go and cheer for them (loudly), I am just smart enough not to make myself a target.
    [This is something I stopped doing in LA for Reds/Dodgers games years ago....I had so much shit go down just for wearing Reds gear that I knew I would enjoy the event much more if I just left the gear at home.]

If you go to games in Philly than I think you can comment.

If your point is the average fan from Philly is an asshole when you speak about sports in a non-stadium setting....well, I agree since I think the average person is an asshole. Anywhere!

Based on your statement, only the true assholes dont agree with you. Guess that is me.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    That is going to be a pretty pretty good rotation
    edited January 2015
    I was really hoping the cubs couldve signed scherzer. The nats, on paper, have the best pitching staff in baseball.
  • I was really hoping the cubs couldve signed scherzer. The nats, on paper, have the best pitching staff in baseball.

I read they were going to look at trading Zimmerman now...
    I was really hoping the cubs couldve signed scherzer. The nats, on paper, have the best pitching staff in baseball.

I read they were going to look at trading Zimmerman now...

They should. He's the worst pitcher on that staff now. They could get a real good hitter for him.
  • I'd take Zimmerman over Roark, Mr Fister, and think he might be in a dead heat with Gio.
    Disclaimer, I have liked Zimmerman since he came up and just think he is a stud pitcher. I am not a Nats guy so dont have all of the stats to back that up.

Either way Mad Max is a hell of an addition.
    I'd take Zimmerman over Roark, Mr Fister, and think he might be in a dead heat with Gio.
    Disclaimer, I have liked Zimmerman since he came up and just think he is a stud pitcher. I am not a Nats guy so dont have all of the stats to back that up.

Either way Mad Max is a hell of an addition.

I forgot about gio. Zimmerman is better. Gio is on the down side of his career. I think he juiced for a minute. But he's the only lefty in the rotation, so I doubt they would trade him.
  • I'm praying for a Zimmerman trade to SF. Either he or Desmond who is also supposedly on the block also due to the Scherzer signing. That signing is nuts. Great pitcher but the back end will be brutal. The deferral helps but damn. 210 million to a pitcher already in his 30's.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    cdysinge wrote: »
    I'm praying for a Zimmerman trade to SF. Either he or Desmond who is also supposedly on the block also due to the Scherzer signing. That signing is nuts. Great pitcher but the back end will be brutal. The deferral helps but damn. 210 million to a pitcher already in his 30's.

They will be paying him for 14 years. 14 years!
  • Olney was really down on the Scherzer signing. Point was they had the best starting pitching in baseball before the move. This makes they marginally better (difference between he and Zimmerman) and had to sign 7 years to do it. 1 extra win for all that money.

I'm assuming they are probably hedging bets for when others (Zimmerman now and then Fister next offseason, Strasburg next) might leave, them assuming all 3 wouldn't stay.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    Let's not get to simplistic over this. Scherzer is worth more than zimmerman. He's better. Did the nats overpay? Absofreakinlutely. But name a superstar free agent in any sport that hasn't been over payed in the last 10 years.
    edited January 2015
    Its a lot closer than you think. This isnt an apples to apples comparison due to the AL/NL thing, but helps paint a picture:

Games Started:
    Scherzer - 33
    Zimmerman - 32

Innings Pitched:
    Scherzer: 220
    Zimmerman: 192

ERA:
    Scherzer: 3.15
    Zimmerman: 2.66

Strike Out per Nine:
    Scherzer: 10.83
    Zimmerman: 8.2

Walks per Nine:
    Scherzer: 2.6
    Zimmerman: 1.3

Fielding Independent Pitching:
    Scherzer: 2.89
    Zimmerman: 2.68

WHIP:
    Scherzer: 1.175
    Zimmerman: 1.072

Scherzer had one extra start than Zimmerman, pitched a little deeper into games and had more strike outs. In every other way Zimmerman was the better pitcher last season. I would rather have Scherzer as I like power pitchers in the post season lif we are only looking at the next season or two only. If they were both signed to the same 5 year deal I wouldn't trade you Zimmerman for Scherzer straight up. 2 years younger, 300 less innings and should age better.

This isnt as bad as it looks though. They know they probably won't be re-signing Strasburg (Boras client) and that Zimmerman was as good as gone next season also. Plus they might lose Fister as well. Scherzer helps with the Strasburg loss if he leaves and he allows you to trade Zimmerman and get a really good prospect plus some decent ones to go with.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,701
    R.I.P. Mr. Cub Ernie Banks
    I miss igotid88
    Miami gets the 2017 All Star Game....maybe they can get the local taxpayers to pay for all the festivities. :angry:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,401
    imalive said:

Miami gets the 2017 All Star Game....maybe they can get the local taxpayers to pay for all the festivities. :angry:

I hate that stupid stadium. It reminds me of an old lady's bathroom.
    www.myspace.com