MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• When Josh was playing here, he would point out that anything associated with him involved drama. I think that idea tends to trivialize his problems.

If the Angels try to unload him, it's going to be hard to find any takers.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,861

When Josh was playing here, he would point out that anything associated with him involved drama. I think that idea tends to trivialize his problems.

If the Angels try to unload him, it's going to be hard to find any takers.

I thought Prince Fielder was untradeable but look what happened....where'd he go again?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Aargh! You know better than to say that name to me!!!!
    :lol:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."

Aargh! You know better than to say that name to me!!!!
    :lol:

he says he's ready to go....hope springs eternal.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,725
    hope Josh gets the treatment he needs. feel bad for him.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    I think this is the MLB thread....

just saw an ESPN poll....70% believe Bagwell should be in the HOF......that's fine as long as Bonds is in, too :rage:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • I still dont see why Bonds isnt in. If he had retired in the late 90's he was still only the second player to go 400/400 and by the time he supposedly really got into roids he was already a 500/500 player. He was the second greatest hitter ever behind Ruth and the 3rd greatest positional player behind Ruth and Mays.

Plus all they have on him for Roids was the failed anonymous test and a conviction for obstruction of justice. The failed test the players were told by baseball would be completely anonymous and shouldn't be used against him in anything to do with baseball itsekf. Just because a court of law used it the players were told when they took it the results would never be used against the individually. That should include the HOF. And the obstruction charge is also bullshit. No one had ever been convicted before of Obstruction without some undelying thing like perjury. He didn't directly answer the question if he saw his trainer hand anything to any other players the first time but answered it a minute later. I get why the fans of other teams hate him but him not so much mlb as a whole.

So far as Hamilton I hope he can pull through this. He didn't have to turn himself in and may not have even failed a test (he hadn't yet by the time he did turn himself in). It was a mini cry for help. Give him a month suspension to get his support system in a better place and let him back in. Its a self induced disease. Yes he caused it much like some people inflict diabetes on themselves. He still deserves some compassion as he obviously cares about trying to get better.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    cdysinge said:

I still dont see why Bonds isnt in. If he had retired in the late 90's he was still only the second player to go 400/400 and by the time he supposedly really got into roids he was already a 500/500 player. He was the second greatest hitter ever behind Ruth and the 3rd greatest positional player behind Ruth and Mays.

Plus all they have on him for Roids was the failed anonymous test and a conviction for obstruction of justice. The failed test the players were told by baseball would be completely anonymous and shouldn't be used against him in anything to do with baseball itsekf. Just because a court of law used it the players were told when they took it the results would never be used against the individually. That should include the HOF. And the obstruction charge is also bullshit. No one had ever been convicted before of Obstruction without some undelying thing like perjury. He didn't directly answer the question if he saw his trainer hand anything to any other players the first time but answered it a minute later. I get why the fans of other teams hate him but him not so much mlb as a whole.

most of the voters wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.....the problem is his personality, more than anything else.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Feeling better and better about Giants having traded Zach Wheeler. As it goes with pitching prospects you don't count your chickens until they have hatched. Maybe the Giants have a pre-cog on staff. This is the second supposed young ace they have traded in the past 10-15 seasons and the second to have his career de-reailed by injuries. Francisco Liriano being the first.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    ^^^^ that said, they were still terrible trades.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • I understood the Beltran trade even though I wasn't a huge fan. They were coming off the first world series and couldn't have known 2 more were coming. They were trying to get a second ring and that I understand. Beltran was a monster who delievered in the post season. To trade Liriano for Pierzinski was stupid then and still now even though Liriano only developed into a mid rotation piece.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    cdysinge said:

I understood the Beltran trade even though I wasn't a huge fan. They were coming off the first world series and couldn't have known 2 more were coming. They were trying to get a second ring and that I understand. Beltran was a monster who delievered in the post season. To trade Liriano for Pierzinski was stupid then and still now even though Liriano only developed into a mid rotation piece.

yeah, I know, the fan base was wanting Beltran....it was a big move, it just didn't work out.

I'd say Liriano has developed beyond your take and we threw in Nathan, too. SF was like the only place AJ didn't fit in....but, from what I read, it was all HIS fault. fuck him.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    let's all laugh at the angels
  • They were the stupid ones that took that risk.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,821
    edited April 2015
    Can't believe baseball season is already here. I'm pretty damn excited about the white sox. I definitely think they'll challenge for the division. I'll be at the home opener next Friday...can't wait.
    Post edited by Indifference71 on
  • I think the White Sox will be decent. It being an odd year Giants won't even make playoffs.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,725
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,424
    Picked a bad matchup to debut the live strike zone box. The combination of 2 pitchers getting calls and a pretty inconsistent strike zone is making this uno look atrocious.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,236
    Is there a way to watch games in full after they end, like the next day for free online? No cable, no expensive MLB membership.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,893
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Is there a way to watch games in full after they end, like the next day for free online? No cable, no expensive MLB membership.

I have the same issue and I don't think so. You can get the radio only app for 20 thats not too bad. I have a feeling in a few hours I will be shelling out for the internet package which is a 140 but will let me get on all my devices plus through the mlb app via Roku on the TV's.

Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    Padres :tired_face:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    GO ASTROS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • imalive said:

Padres :tired_face:

Yeah no kidding wtf are they thinking making that last trade? Their bully was awesome last year...and they pick up all sorts of salary for a great closer...but one they didn't need.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    Watching a show on Matt Harveys rise to the big leagues. Harvey get drafted in the 3rd round and is offered $1 million dollars. He wanted 2 mil. Nobody pays him so he goes to school. The rules state that he can't be drafted again for three years. That's a crazy rule. Why couldn't he go to school and get drafted again the next hear?

I know why. College baseball, just like college football, and basketball is a FREE minor league for the pros. It sickens me to see these style rules. An 18 year old stud basketball player that could be playing in an all star game his rookie year is now forced to go to college for at least a year. Why? So the pros can get another year to see if he can play. Fuck that.

They're not going to school to learn. They are going to get paid. And they are being forced to play ball for free all the while racking up financial debt. All in hopes he doesn't hurt himself in the process.

I do think there should be some guidelines basically to keep the agents at bay. But how can you deny an 18 year old person the right to work if he's capable? The answer is money. If the kid is good enough to play in the big leagues, let him. Let the team take the chance on him.
    whatever :lol:

cain to the DL.

belt leaves tonight's game with apparent leg injury.

peavy has a sore back.

fuck me.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • ^^^^^^^^^^^NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I already have 3 guys on the DL in our fantasy league. I would have to keep Belt active while hurt. He was my sleeper this year. He was hitting for more power in spring ball than I have ever seen. I was thinking .270 with 25 HR's and he would take Sandoval's old spot in the order behind Posey. Than you add Pence when back to the 5 slot and its their best middle of the order in a very long time.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    edited April 2015
    cdysinge said:

^^^^^^^^^^^NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I already have 3 guys on the DL in our fantasy league. I would have to keep Belt active while hurt. He was my sleeper this year. He was hitting for more power in spring ball than I have ever seen. I was thinking .270 with 25 HR's and he would take Sandoval's old spot in the order behind Posey. Than you add Pence when back to the 5 slot and its their best middle of the order in a very long time.

Drop the bum. Now way he hits those numbers this year. The one thing that I'd put $500 on before the season started is over/under 60: games belt is on the dl or considered day to day. I'm going with the over
  • I won't drop as I'm an idiot and refuse to believe he won't become the guy that won tripple a player of the year. The Giants messed with his head his rookie year by keeping benching him every time he made a mistake and playing Huff. They and he have even so much as admitted to it. I have watched him in spring training his whole career and this was the year he was dropping balls into the back of the lawn like never before. He kept saying his confidence to hit for power was back.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle