MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    edited October 2014

I really think gordon could have scored on that. He was halfway to third when they finally fielded it.

How they didn't send him home is beyond me. This is the world series, there's 2 outs, make the Giants make the play. If the throw is there and on time, lay into Posey with everything you got.
    Post edited by he.who.forgets on
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,725
    sucks KC lost but congrats SF Giants. Bumgarner was pretty much the only reason they won .
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,861

Joe was slurping Wainwright pretty hard in Game 5 of the NLCS, as well.

Kershaw should back up to the podium when he gets his Cy.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • I really think gordon could have scored on that. He was halfway to third when they finally fielded it.

How they didn't send him home is beyond me. This is the world series, there's 2 outs, make the Giants make the play. If the throw is there and on time, lay into Posey with everything you got.
    Exactly the point. It's game 7 of the world series and there are 2 outs!!! You don't send a guy home hoping for the other team to make a mistake. The 3B coach would have been crucified if he did that and Gordon was thrown out. I can't believe this is the big discussion today.

I really think gordon could have scored on that. He was halfway to third when they finally fielded it.

not allowed to do that......it's called "The Posey Rule"

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Didn't realize how little I paid attention to baseball this past year until I saw who won the AL cy young award and said to myself "who is that?" Never heard of him.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,401
    imalive said:

not allowed to do that......it's called "The Posey Rule"

irony.
    www.myspace.com
    I pretty much HATE everything about the d**ger organization....always have, always will.

that said, this is great. Clayton is so much more cut out to be a Giant. Oh well. I despise the rest of his team but he's cool. Even those meaningless Cy Youngs are cool (sorry, couldn't resist).

always wondered how weird it would be to hang with your boys....when you're making $600,000 PER WEEK and they're working at the local bank. Hopefully, Clayton picks up the checks for pizza and sodas.

P.S. my god, that is about the WHITEST bunch of dudes I have ever seen. I heard J Crew has a 25% off sale going on.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:11866880

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive said:

I pretty much HATE everything about the d**ger organization....always have, always will.

that said, this is great. Clayton is so much more cut out to be a Giant. Oh well. I despise the rest of his team but he's cool. Even those meaningless Cy Youngs are cool (sorry, couldn't resist).

always wondered how weird it would be to hang with your boys....when you're making $600,000 PER WEEK and they're working at the local bank. Hopefully, Clayton picks up the checks for pizza and sodas.

P.S. my god, that is about the WHITEST bunch of dudes I have ever seen. I heard J Crew has a 25% off sale going on.

you racist.
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,415

imalive said:

you racist.
    they look like a bunch of Duke or Nova guys.

pitchers shouldn't win MVP. thankfully for Clayton playoff performances don't matter for individual awards

imalive said:

you racist.
    Dude......look at them. It's almost like a parody!

$300M for Stanton? @-) I don't see it.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,040
    edited November 2014
    imalive said:

imalive said:

you racist.
    Dude......look at them. It's almost like a parody!

$300M for Stanton? @-) I don't see it.
    Does Whiteist bunch of dudes = upper level of socio-economic scale? If you asked my friends to gather for something formal we would all have suits and look like that (or "whiter") with cocktails in hand.

Is that bad? (And I do have friends of other races that would dress like that as well, but just so happens not to be in core group of friends that would gather for something like this)

If it was an informal setting we would all be in tees, shorts, flops with cans of beer in hand.

$300M for Stanton is sick, good as he is. The Marlins are a total fucking joke.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    alright, alright.....let's not turn this into the Moving Train @-)

The ONLY reason I'd like to see Stanton stay in Miami is that he remains no threat at all to my team. With that much $$$ committed to him, it would pretty much guarantee they can put nothing around him. They should have contracted that franchise when they had a chance.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • imalive said:

alright, alright.....let's not turn this into the Moving Train @-)

The ONLY reason I'd like to see Stanton stay in Miami is that he remains no threat at all to my team. With that much $$$ committed to him, it would pretty much guarantee they can put nothing around him. They should have contracted that franchise when they had a chance.

Sorry you are right....I was just sayin'....:)
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    $325 over 13 years :)) :))
    norm said:

is that on the table? Did you get a tweet? ;)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    imalive said:

norm said:

is that on the table? Did you get a tweet? ;)

that's what the twatter is telling me
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
    norm said:

I read that on mlbtraderumors. Crazy money

PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Good for Stanton. Trout can't be thrilled. If anyone is going to get a contract that size, at least it's a 25 year old.
    jervin007 said:

norm said:

ha...i work at a mortgage company and we have a banner ad on mlbtr. the other day some idiot called the phone number on the ad and spoke with a guy who sits near me....apparently all the guy wanted to talk about was the cubs and joe madden--he had no idea he was calling a mortgage company. thought he was calling mlbtr to talk a lil' baseball. people are morons.
    www.myspace.com

jervin007 said:

norm said:

ha...i work at a mortgage company and we have a banner ad on mlbtr. the other day some idiot called the phone number on the ad and spoke with a guy who sits near me....apparently all the guy wanted to talk about was the cubs and joe madden--he had no idea he was calling a mortgage company. thought he was calling mlbtr to talk a lil' baseball. people are morons.
    your co-worker should have transferred the guy to you. maybe you coulda talked a li'' cole hamels....

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Good for Stanton. Trout can't be thrilled. If anyone is going to get a contract that size, at least it's a 25 year old.

The way these contracts are going up, Stanton might think he's being underpaid in 10 years. I think it's too long for a guaranteed contract no matter how old the guy is. How many guys are that consistent over a dozen years? It's getting out of control. I loved Cano, but I am happy the Yanks learned their lesson with Arod and didn't give him ten years. Although we did make a couple dumb signings for less time in recent years.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710

Good for Stanton. Trout can't be thrilled. If anyone is going to get a contract that size, at least it's a 25 year old.

The way these contracts are going up, Stanton might think he's being underpaid in 10 years. I think it's too long for a guaranteed contract no matter how old the guy is. How many guys are that consistent over a dozen years? It's getting out of control. I loved Cano, but I am happy the Yanks learned their lesson with Arod and didn't give him ten years. Although we did make a couple dumb signings for less time in recent years.
    I don't disagree at all. And the chances Stanton plays out that contract in Miami is 0. I am just saying that when looking at lengths of contracts the kershaw/Stanton deals are much much much better than the arod/pujols deals. They will get so much more for their buck.

Beltran signing was the worst..ugh. I was okay with it at the time. Didn't like the third year but didn't see the worst case scenario playing out like it did.

How about the v Mart contract? Another bad one.

• imalive said:

jervin007 said:

norm said:

your co-worker should have transferred the guy to you. maybe you coulda talked a li'' cole hamels....

This is a conversation I had with my 9 year old nephew this AM as we got him ready for the school bus.

Nephew: Do you think Cole Hamels could throw a piece of cereal into your mouth from across the table at breakfast?
    Me: No. Where did that come from?
    Nephew: I was thinking about doing it and thought you might be mad if I missed.
    Me: Well, Hamels stinks so I think he might hit me in the eye and blind me. Good call on not throwing the cereal at me.
    Nephew: I thought Hamels was awesome.
    Me: You think Ryan Howard is awesome too.
    Nephew: He is.
    Me: He is a broken down old man they are trying to trade, but nobody will take him.
    Nephew: At least they are not trading Chase Utley.
    Me: They would love to.
    Nephew: What about J-Roll?
    Me: Another guy nobody will overpay.
    Nephew: So, you are telling me that the Phillies stink?
    Me: Sorry bud, but yes. The Phillies stink, and they need to get rid of all of the old guys.
    Nephew: I bet they are all younger than you, that means if you played for the Phillies you would be old and you would stink?
    Me: The bus is coming soon, lets go.

So a 9 year old cannot clearly see it....but the rest of us can. At least Philly got a World Series out of this. I am a Reds fan and would happily trade spots to have won a WS in recent times.

• I agree that there is no way Stanton plays out that deal in Miami. I see him in Yankees or Dodgers lineup w/in 4-5 years.
  • Its risky, but I think Stanton should have waited two years and gone the free agent route for his payday. No way I'd want to be tied to Loria.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Ahh crap, the Cards get better. They must have been update that the Giants are trying to one up them.

espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/11892064/atlanta-braves-trade-jason-heyward-jordan-walden-st-louis-cardinals-shelby-miller-tyrell-jenkins