Options

**********2018 DALLAS COWBOYS**********

Comments

• Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Good decision. Now Romo has a couple of weeks to get healthy because they're on a bye next week.

Weeden looked good on both drives last week. He should have finished the game. Looking forward to seeing how he performs through 4 quarters today.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    they're in London next week. the bye is week 11
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Weedon is terrible, just terrible ... He looks so unprepared. If it wasn't for all the Arizona dropped balls this game would be a blowout.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    After these last 2 weeks this team looks like team I thought they were going to be...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158

Oh are they?

They sure are playing a lot of games in London this year. This'll be the third one. If I'm not mistaken they usually only play one game per year at Wembley Stadium.

I really hope they don't get a franchise over there. Keep it the NATIONAL football league.

Anyway, I agree Lukin2006 - Here we go again. May not finish 8-8, but might not be much better.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,312
    how do you guys feel about romo starting?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Oh are they?

They sure are playing a lot of games in London this year. This'll be the third one. If I'm not mistaken they usually only play one game per year at Wembley Stadium.

I really hope they don't get a franchise over there. Keep it the NATIONAL football league.

Anyway, I agree Lukin2006 - Here we go again. May not finish 8-8, but might not be much better.

Oh are they?

It kind of looks that way. I am hoping we're wraong and these last 2 games are just a blip. They really messed up on the backup QB ... of course I'm not sure how many good one's were available when Orton pushed Dallas into a corner. I was really hoping Weedon would have played well then they could have rested Romo till after the bye. The O-line better be prepared tomorrow, the jags are second in sacks ... I suspect we'll see a lot of Murray and Randle, wouldn't surprise me if they run 40 times. It would also help if Dez shows up.

I say this if we win ... and Romo finishes the game, then the team is in good shape, 7-3 and would currently be holding the the 1st wildcard position.

Lose and I see an implosion and another 8-8 year.

• Options
    Do they really need Romo to beat the lowly Jaguars? The Dallas D should be able to handle that themselves. JAX is 0-5 on the road and have 1 win so far. If DAL needs Romo for this game then they have problems.

This is a good opportunity to rest Romo. Plus they have the bye week next week. I don't see the need to play him Sunday. He shouldn't even be joining the team in London. Just stay home.

He may go out there and perform well and get the win, but it's a hell of a risk. It's not like they are in panic mode just yet. PHI has CAR this week, so there's a good chance DAL will be tied with the Eagles for first place.
  • Options

Do they really need Romo to beat the lowly Jaguars? The Dallas D should be able to handle that themselves. JAX is 0-5 on the road and have 1 win so far. If DAL needs Romo for this game then they have problems.

This is a good opportunity to rest Romo. Plus they have the bye week next week. I don't see the need to play him Sunday. He shouldn't even be joining the team in London. Just stay home.

He may go out there and perform well and get the win, but it's a hell of a risk. It's not like they are in panic mode just yet. PHI has CAR this week, so there's a good chance DAL will be tied with the Eagles for first place.

....you think the eagles are going to lose to carolina?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Actually I do think they need Romo ... Weedon was terrible last week, that was just some awful QB play. Even though the D looks better this year, that has a lot to do with the fact that the O has done a good job controlling the time of possession. My hope for tomorrows game is Dallas can get up by 17-21 and then maybe bring in Weedon to hand the ball off to Murray and Randle.

And at this point I'm pretty sure Romo's playing.

And I am not underestimating the Jags ... I believe they are second in the league with 28 sacks.

they may have only 1 win but on any given Sunday ...

• Options

No. You know what I did? I saw CAR, but I was thinking Arizona Cardinals. Weird Eh. Pretty sure I've never done that before. I wish they were playing the Cardinals! Anyway, sorry. My bad!
  • Options
    edited November 2014

No. You know what I did? I saw CAR, but I was thinking Arizona Cardinals. Weird Eh. Pretty sure I've never done that before. I wish they were playing the Cardinals! Anyway, sorry. My bad!
    haha...

i think the risk outweighs the reward in playing romo this week. they should be good enough to beat them without him playing. but if they lose, so what? you have 7 games to play, including 2 against the eagles.

the jags stink, but their defense is 3rd in the league in sacks.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,492
    so.......sunday night game followed by thursday afternoon? that's fucked up.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    imalive said:

so.......sunday night game followed by thursday afternoon? that's fucked up.

Yes I agree, but who's fault is that? I believe teams are consulted ... Jerry could have objected, but it's an opportunity to play in prime time and I'm thinking he didn't think the cowboys would be 7-3 and were going to be limited to primetime games this season ... just my guess ...

Not an issue if Dallas jumps out to a little bit of a lead and are able to bring in backups by the 4th quarter ... however I don't expect that to happen and the giants will play us tough.

• Options
    I'm already worried about thanksgiving. :-S

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Hard fought win, defence played well after allowing touchdowns on the giants first 3 possessions.

Some thoughts ...

-a competitive Sunday Night Game
    -Odem catch ... best I've ever seen
    -Both QB's played well, Romo was exceptional in the second half
    -the cowboys last drive, what a job by the O-line ... just great.

Now on to the turkey day game ...

• Options
    Thanksgiving could be ugly....hope I'm wrong.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Bring on the Eagles!!
  • Options
    Biggest game of the season by far. I like their chances. Romo is Mr. November and 6-1 on thanksgiving. Actually ai just realized last night that I was at the 1 game he lost, which was 2 years ago against the Redskins!

I think it'll be a close game though. Cowboys by a field goal, maybe?
  • Options
    I am very thankful that Simms and Nance are doing the early game. God, they annoy me.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive said:

I am very thankful that Simms and Nance are doing the early game. God, they annoy me.

My thoughts exactly.

Bring on a Buck and Aikman!
  • Options
    I am thinking if Dallas starts off slow like they have at times this year they'll find themselves in trouble. They will need to run the ball and control the clock and the D will once again have to perform above expectations ... I am not particularly confident that they'll prevail, but thats why they play the game.

As for announcers I prefer Johnson over Aikman ... and really don't like Strahan on the pregame show.

• Options
    Bradshaw and Sharpe would be the ultimate.
  • Options
    fuck jason garrett.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    It's just one game, they got their ass handed to them ... not totally unexpected. 8-4 is what is surprising for me.

• Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    I love watching Dallas lose.
  • Options
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,936

I love watching Dallas lose.

I was thankful for this today :-bd
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    sorry for all the blowouts, guys.

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadelphia-eagles/blowout-wins-dallas-cowboys-nothing-new-eagles

Blowout wins in Dallas nothing new for Eagles

ARLINGTON, Texas — If you hate the Cowboys, the Eagles are definitely the team for you.

The Eagles blew out the Cowboys Thursday, but that’s nothing new. They’ve done that better than anyone else, more often than anyone else, more consistently than anyone else and in more meaningful games than anyone else.

With no sign of letting up.

The Eagles’ recent domination over the Cowboys is astonishing.

Since 2000, the Cowboys have lost 19 games by 22 or more points. The Eagles have handed them more than half of those losses.

Blowout wins over the Cowboys have become par for the course for the Eagles.

After their 33-10 win at AT&T Stadium on Thursday, the Eagles own 10 of the 19 biggest wins over the Cowboys since the start of the 2000 season.

The only other team with more than one such win over Dallas is the Saints, who’ve done it twice.

Curiously, those blowout wins have come in four different stadiums — the Vet, the Linc, Texas Stadium and AT&T Stadium.

Andy Reid beat the Cowboys more than any other head coach in NFL history, and he got the blowout trend started on opening day 2000.

That was the Pickle Juice Game, when the Eagles opened with an onside kick, Duce Staley ran for 201 yards and the Eagles left Texas Stadium with a 41-14 win that put them on the map after three straight non-winning seasons.

From 2000 through 2004, the Eagles registered at least one blowout win over the Cowboys each year, two each in 2001 and 2002. The season-ending 44-6 win at the Linc in 2008 improbably propelled the Eagles into the playoffs, and a 34-7 win on a Sunday night at the Linc in 2011 was the Eagles’ last lopsided win over Dallas.

Until Thursday night.

OK, now here’s the insane part.

Five of the blowout losses the Eagles have handed the Cowboys since 2000 have come in Dallas. During the same span, the Cowboys have lost only one other home game by 22 or more points — 42-17 to the Saints in 2006.

Going back to 1989, the Eagles have handed the Cowboys seven of their eight worst home losses in a 26-year span.

That includes the five since 2000, 27-0 in 1989 — the Eagles picked off Troy Aikman three times — and 24-0 in 1991, the famous 11-sack game with Jim McMahon at quarterback.

Here’s a look at the Eagles’ 10 wins against the Cowboys by 22 or more points since 2000:

Sept. 3, 2000: Eagles 41, COWBOYS 14 (Texas Stadium)
    With game-time temperature of 109 degrees, it was John Harbaugh’s idea to open the game with an onside kick if the Eagles lost the toss. They did, Reid gave the OK, and Dameane Douglas recovered David Akers’ perfect boot. Moments later, Donovan McNabb threw a one-yard TD pass to Jeff Thomason, and the rout was on. Aikman lasted only five passes — he completed none — and Randall Cunningham of all people finished the game at quarterback for the Cowboys. The Eagles ran for 306 yards in all.

Sept. 30, 2001: EAGLES 40, Cowboys 18 (The Vet)
    A couple Tim Seder field goals gave the Cowboys an early 6-0 lead, but the Eagles scored 40 straight points behind three McNabb touchdowns — two to Chad Lewis, one to Todd Pinkston — and 99 rushing yards from Correll Buckhalter.

Nov. 18, 2001: Eagles 36, COWBOYS 3 (Texas Stadium)
    Jeremiah Trotter and William Hampton returned interceptions of Ryan Leaf for touchdowns, Staley ran for 100 yards and Akers made five field goals.

Sept. 22, 2002: EAGLES 44, Cowboys 13 (The Vet)
    The Cowboys actually led 10-3 early in the second quarter after a 100-yard kickoff return from Reggie Swinton, but McNabb had one of his best days against the Cowboys with three TDs, no interceptions, 67 rushing yards and a TD run. Antonio Freeman had his best day as an Eagle with 118 receiving yards, and James Thrash caught six balls for 70 yards.

Dec. 21, 2002: Eagles 27, COWBOYS 3 (Texas Stadium)
    A.J. Feeley threw for 253 yards and a TD pass to Pinkston, and Shawn Barber had an 80-yard interception return for a touchdown off Chad Hutchinson. Ndukwe Kalu had two of the Eagles’ seven sacks, Staley ran for a TD and Brian Westbrook gained 55 yards on just eight carries.

Dec. 7, 2003: EAGLES 36, Cowboys 10 (The Linc)
    This one was tied at halftime, but the Eagles outscored the Cowboys 26-0 in the second half. McNabb threw TD passes to Westbrook, Staley and L.J. Smith; Sheldon Brown and Bobby Taylor picked off Quincy Carter; and Buckhalter ran for 115 yards.

Nov. 15, 2004: Eagles 49, COWBOYS 21 (Texas Stadium)
    The two teams combined for 42 second-quarter points, a franchise-record 28 of them from the Eagles, who were unstoppable late in 2004 on their way to the Super Bowl. McNabb threw four TDs — three to T.O., one to Pinkston, and Lito Sheppard had a 101-yard INT return for a touchdown off Vinny Testaverde. The 49 points are the most the Eagles have ever scored against the Cowboys

Dec. 28, 2008: EAGLES 44, Cowboys 6 (The Linc)
    McNabb had TD passes to Brent Celek and Buckhalter, but the real star of the Eagles’ most lopsided win ever over the Cowboys was the defense. Joselio Hanson and Chris Clemons returned third-quarter fumbles for touchdowns — 96 yards for Hanson, 73 yards for Clemons. The Eagles went into the day needing the Raiders to upset the Buccaneers and the Texans to beat the Bears just for their late game against the Cowboys to mean something. The Raiders and Texans took care of business, the Eagles handled theirs and went all the way to the NFC Championship Game for the fifth time in eight years.

Oct. 30, 2011: EAGLES 34, Cowboys 7 (The Linc)
    Michael Vick completed 21 of 28 passes for 279 yards, threw TDs to Celek and Jeremy Maclin and ran for 50 yards, and LeSean McCoy ran for 185 yards and a couple more TDs.

Nov. 27, 2014: Eagles 33, COWBOYS 10 (AT&T)
    In a battle of 8-3 teams, McCoy ran for 159 yards, Maclin went over 100 yards for the 14th time in his career and Fletcher Cox highlighted a ferocious defensive effort that held NFL rushing leader DeMarco Murray to a season-low 73 yards.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,936

sorry for all the blowouts, guys.

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadelphia-eagles/blowout-wins-dallas-cowboys-nothing-new-eagles

Blowout wins in Dallas nothing new for Eagles

ARLINGTON, Texas — If you hate the Cowboys, the Eagles are definitely the team for you.

The Eagles blew out the Cowboys Thursday, but that’s nothing new. They’ve done that better than anyone else, more often than anyone else, more consistently than anyone else and in more meaningful games than anyone else.

With no sign of letting up.

The Eagles’ recent domination over the Cowboys is astonishing.

Since 2000, the Cowboys have lost 19 games by 22 or more points. The Eagles have handed them more than half of those losses.

Blowout wins over the Cowboys have become par for the course for the Eagles.

After their 33-10 win at AT&T Stadium on Thursday, the Eagles own 10 of the 19 biggest wins over the Cowboys since the start of the 2000 season.

The only other team with more than one such win over Dallas is the Saints, who’ve done it twice.

Curiously, those blowout wins have come in four different stadiums — the Vet, the Linc, Texas Stadium and AT&T Stadium.

Andy Reid beat the Cowboys more than any other head coach in NFL history, and he got the blowout trend started on opening day 2000.

That was the Pickle Juice Game, when the Eagles opened with an onside kick, Duce Staley ran for 201 yards and the Eagles left Texas Stadium with a 41-14 win that put them on the map after three straight non-winning seasons.

From 2000 through 2004, the Eagles registered at least one blowout win over the Cowboys each year, two each in 2001 and 2002. The season-ending 44-6 win at the Linc in 2008 improbably propelled the Eagles into the playoffs, and a 34-7 win on a Sunday night at the Linc in 2011 was the Eagles’ last lopsided win over Dallas.

Until Thursday night.

OK, now here’s the insane part.

Five of the blowout losses the Eagles have handed the Cowboys since 2000 have come in Dallas. During the same span, the Cowboys have lost only one other home game by 22 or more points — 42-17 to the Saints in 2006.

Going back to 1989, the Eagles have handed the Cowboys seven of their eight worst home losses in a 26-year span.

That includes the five since 2000, 27-0 in 1989 — the Eagles picked off Troy Aikman three times — and 24-0 in 1991, the famous 11-sack game with Jim McMahon at quarterback.

Here’s a look at the Eagles’ 10 wins against the Cowboys by 22 or more points since 2000:

Sept. 3, 2000: Eagles 41, COWBOYS 14 (Texas Stadium)
    With game-time temperature of 109 degrees, it was John Harbaugh’s idea to open the game with an onside kick if the Eagles lost the toss. They did, Reid gave the OK, and Dameane Douglas recovered David Akers’ perfect boot. Moments later, Donovan McNabb threw a one-yard TD pass to Jeff Thomason, and the rout was on. Aikman lasted only five passes — he completed none — and Randall Cunningham of all people finished the game at quarterback for the Cowboys. The Eagles ran for 306 yards in all.

Sept. 30, 2001: EAGLES 40, Cowboys 18 (The Vet)
    A couple Tim Seder field goals gave the Cowboys an early 6-0 lead, but the Eagles scored 40 straight points behind three McNabb touchdowns — two to Chad Lewis, one to Todd Pinkston — and 99 rushing yards from Correll Buckhalter.

Nov. 18, 2001: Eagles 36, COWBOYS 3 (Texas Stadium)
    Jeremiah Trotter and William Hampton returned interceptions of Ryan Leaf for touchdowns, Staley ran for 100 yards and Akers made five field goals.

Sept. 22, 2002: EAGLES 44, Cowboys 13 (The Vet)
    The Cowboys actually led 10-3 early in the second quarter after a 100-yard kickoff return from Reggie Swinton, but McNabb had one of his best days against the Cowboys with three TDs, no interceptions, 67 rushing yards and a TD run. Antonio Freeman had his best day as an Eagle with 118 receiving yards, and James Thrash caught six balls for 70 yards.

Dec. 21, 2002: Eagles 27, COWBOYS 3 (Texas Stadium)
    A.J. Feeley threw for 253 yards and a TD pass to Pinkston, and Shawn Barber had an 80-yard interception return for a touchdown off Chad Hutchinson. Ndukwe Kalu had two of the Eagles’ seven sacks, Staley ran for a TD and Brian Westbrook gained 55 yards on just eight carries.

Dec. 7, 2003: EAGLES 36, Cowboys 10 (The Linc)
    This one was tied at halftime, but the Eagles outscored the Cowboys 26-0 in the second half. McNabb threw TD passes to Westbrook, Staley and L.J. Smith; Sheldon Brown and Bobby Taylor picked off Quincy Carter; and Buckhalter ran for 115 yards.

Nov. 15, 2004: Eagles 49, COWBOYS 21 (Texas Stadium)
    The two teams combined for 42 second-quarter points, a franchise-record 28 of them from the Eagles, who were unstoppable late in 2004 on their way to the Super Bowl. McNabb threw four TDs — three to T.O., one to Pinkston, and Lito Sheppard had a 101-yard INT return for a touchdown off Vinny Testaverde. The 49 points are the most the Eagles have ever scored against the Cowboys

Dec. 28, 2008: EAGLES 44, Cowboys 6 (The Linc)
    McNabb had TD passes to Brent Celek and Buckhalter, but the real star of the Eagles’ most lopsided win ever over the Cowboys was the defense. Joselio Hanson and Chris Clemons returned third-quarter fumbles for touchdowns — 96 yards for Hanson, 73 yards for Clemons. The Eagles went into the day needing the Raiders to upset the Buccaneers and the Texans to beat the Bears just for their late game against the Cowboys to mean something. The Raiders and Texans took care of business, the Eagles handled theirs and went all the way to the NFC Championship Game for the fifth time in eight years.

Oct. 30, 2011: EAGLES 34, Cowboys 7 (The Linc)
    Michael Vick completed 21 of 28 passes for 279 yards, threw TDs to Celek and Jeremy Maclin and ran for 50 yards, and LeSean McCoy ran for 185 yards and a couple more TDs.

Nov. 27, 2014: Eagles 33, COWBOYS 10 (AT&T)
    In a battle of 8-3 teams, McCoy ran for 159 yards, Maclin went over 100 yards for the 14th time in his career and Fletcher Cox highlighted a ferocious defensive effort that held NFL rushing leader DeMarco Murray to a season-low 73 yards.

hoping for another blowout win for the birds in a few weeks :D
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly