Options

**********2018 DALLAS COWBOYS**********

Comments

• Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    edited May 2014
    Think about it... The Redskins gave up 3 First Round Picks and a two #2's for RGIII .. Manziel is not worth that.. The Cowboys have too many wholes to fill on Defense. I would love to see him wearing a star, but unfortunately I don't see it happening.

Is there a scenario Johnny could drop? Maybe... now that would open things up for trades, but still unlikely. Romo as trade bait?... not likely for two reasons...age & recent back surgery.

If Manziel does drop to 16, then I think Jerry cannot resist pulling the trigger. Bring the circus back to Jerry World.. I can already see the Pizza commercials.
    Post edited by myoung321 on
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,448
    edited May 2014
    myoung321 said:

If Manziel does drop to 16, then I think Jerry cannot resist pulling the trigger. Bring the circus back to Jerry World.. I can already see the Pizza commercials.

many "draft experts" have it happening. if it does, I'll go down to Dallas and punch Jerry in his new face,
    Post edited by Wobbie on
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    themessengerthemessenger Dallas Posts: 1,320
    Not going to lie, I love Manziel...but I'm an Aggie and saw him play live 3 times in College Station. The cowboys have way too many needs on defense to draft a 1st round QB, so I'm hoping they pass on him.
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Dallas is not drafting a QB in round 1. I can see them trading down for extra picks. The 7th is make or break round for this team ... I just hope they quit drafting guys who were hurt in college.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    Please do it jerry
  • Options
    Dooooooooo it
  • Options
    Dammit
  • Options
    WOW... I was actually wanting them to take him.. shocks me Jerry passed on him, but they got a stud for the OL.

• Options
    So will skipping him come back to haunt them? aka..Randy Moss or Steven Jackson

• Options
    WHEW!! can't believe Jerry didn't pull the trigger.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,422
    imalive said:

WHEW!! can't believe Jerry didn't pull the trigger.

I'm glad they didn't. We hear about the Cowgirls too much as it is>LOL!!

• Options
    not the sexy pick, but a good pick ... we should have a solid O-line for awhile now. Now they need to draft defence in the coming rounds.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    Glad they didn't draft Manziel, Jerry finally avoided becoming even more of a circus for once. Thought the draft picks were okay, still think the D needs a lot of help. I don't think we have a safety on the roster who should be starting in the NFL. Not sure what expectations are like down in Dallas but I don't think this team does any better than 8-8 as usual.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    themessengerthemessenger Dallas Posts: 1,320
    Best case scenario we finish 9-7 and win the NFC East and then get curb stomped by New Orleans or Green Bay in the playoffs.
  • Options
    It would have been pointless drafting a QB at this stage ... for 1, for better or worse Romo is the likely starter for the next 3 years (contract dictates this), for 2 the O-line still needed improvement ... you win in the trenches.

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,248
    lukin2006 said:

It would have been pointless drafting a QB at this stage ... for 1, for better or worse Romo is the likely starter for the next 3 years (contract dictates this), for 2 the O-line still needed improvement ... you win in the trenches.

you gotta be concerned about his back though, right?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

lukin2006 said:

you gotta be concerned about his back though, right?
    For sure ...

If Orton is his back up then I can live with that.

Our offence wasn't the problem last year. If our offence is somewhat as decent as last season and the defence even improves into top 20 then we could be alright.

At this point wasting a pick on a QB when we have so many needs would have been a mistake.

I think we take A QB in the second or third round next year.

I thought Dallas had good off season ... Not so sure Jerry is running the show anymore hehehehe.

They needed to get younger and they are.

• Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    This news sucks and i'm an Eagles fan.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    yeah i've always been a sean lee fan. really wanted the birds to draft him. if this guy could just stay on the field, he could be a monster in this league. now? not.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    That's a devastating injury for the cowboys. But in all honesty I do not think he will ever stay healthy and I believe his contract is incentive based so I think even Jones knew he'd have trouble staying on the field.

• Options
    If the 2014 Cowboys win 5 games I'd be surprised, it would not surprise me in the least if they are picking top 5 in the 2015 draft ...

• Options
    lukin2006 said:

If the 2014 Cowboys win 5 games I'd be surprised, it would not surprise me in the least if they are picking top 5 in the 2015 draft ...

O/U 7.5

this team looks awful. i like the under...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

lukin2006 said:

O/U 7.5

The worst part of this team ... Tony Romo is going into year 1 of his contract extension and he just had back surgery in the past 2 off seasons and he's 33 ...

• Options
    lukin2006 said:

lukin2006 said:

O/U 7.5

The worst part of this team ... Tony Romo is going into year 1 of his contract extension and he just had back surgery in the past 2 off seasons and he's 33 ...
    what do you make of jones having to be almost physically restrained from not taking johnny douchebag a few months ago?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    lukin2006 said:

SI has them at 5-11.

Gonna be a long season....the fraud in me says " go pack go"

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive said:

lukin2006 said:

SI has them at 5-11.

...don't do it!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

imalive said:

lukin2006 said:

SI has them at 5-11.

...don't do it!
    I already am :))

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

lukin2006 said:

lukin2006 said:

O/U 7.5

what do you make of jones having to be almost physically restrained from not taking johnny douchebag a few months ago?
    I like that fact that he wasn't drafted by the cowboys ... and of course Jones would have loved him in a cowboys jersey ... the problem is Romo is going into year 1 and guaranteed a pile of cash, unless there is an injury Johnny football likely would not be playing anytime soon ... soon his son did him a huge favour.

The division is the eagles to win ...

• Options
    imalive said:

lukin2006 said:

SI has them at 5-11.

yes very long season ... fortunately I enjoy football in general so the rest will be fun.

• Options
    Well, if it wasn't clear before, it sure is now. JJ's inability to field a winning team is due to his main criteria for picking players - those who generate the most controversy and/or media attention - most recently Michael Sam and Josh Brent. So surprised we never got Michael Vick, since a felony conviction seems to increase desirability as a potential Cowboy.