Options

**********2018 DALLAS COWBOYS**********

Comments

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,783
    Looks like the Cowboys are for real. Very impressive win today.
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    The win was impressive, no doubt. If it wasn't for the Cowboys special teams this game wouldn't have been close ...

Rolando McClain has to the pick up of the year, can't say enough good things about him.

This team will go as far as the o-line and running takes them and so far they have them at 5-1 ... And they were impressive today against a very good Seattle D.

This was 2 weeks in a row that Dallas wide receivers made ridiculous catches late to keep drives alive.

I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    Wow.... So I get to see PJ twice this week..then my Cowboys go into Seattle and not only win, but kick ass!!!..... wow...5-1 The Boys are Back! What'a week!
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,425
    All I can say is THANK FUCKING GOD someone finally went into Seattle and won! So sick of hearing about the god damn 12th man and everyone shoving a microphone in Richard Sherman's ugly mug to get his retarded opinion on something.
  • Options
    I will say this team has definitely exceeded my expectations ... 6-1 ... Never saw that coming.

Great o-line play
    Great running game which is opening up the pass game
    Good QB play
    Surprisingly the defence has been pretty good so.

Go boys.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    edited October 2014
    lukin2006 said:

I will say this team has definitely exceeded my expectations ... 6-1 ... Never saw that coming.

Go boys.

I don't think anyone did. My expectations were pretty low considering theIr record the previous 3 seasons. And now they have Washington next Monday night, which means they should easily be 7-1. Can't complain about that record!

Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options

lukin2006 said:

Go boys.

I don't think anyone did. My expectations were pretty low considering theIr record the previous 3 seasons. And now they have Washington next Monday night, which means they should easily be 7-1. Can't complain about that record!

What's most impressed me is that when JG took over they were the oldest NFL team and they are now the 4th yougest ... He did all this and they stayed competitive.

They are in a good spot at this point in the season. The D might get better, Bruce Carter and their number 2 pick Lawrence will be back for the Arizona game and hopefully Lawrence can provide some pass rush.

Got to really love the talent on the offensive side of the ball and was pleased that Escobar was getting involved ... And theres a lot of youth on the offensive side of the ball.

The D has been the most surprising, but will need some attention in the off season.

But so far looking good. Hopefully it continues to roll on.

• Options
    jopetto75jopetto75 Posts: 397
    There playing good football in every phase
    Murray tons of Love to the O Line and the whole organization!
    Seems like a humble player who we need to find a way to get him and Dez locked up this
    offseason!!!
    Right now it's about this year after 8-8 3 years its finally coming together for us Cowboy fans who have been hating life for tooo long!! This is fun right now!!!
    There D isn't a championship D right now, but your right get a pass rush with D Law coming soon cant wait to see what kind of impact he has.
    Was nice to actually get more fans into the stadium than opposing teams fans today. Thats probably been the most frustrating thing about this team this year!
    But it all falls on the Coaches so I give them all the credit. Love how Linehan is coming out with
    different looks all the time, really looking good on that side of the ball!!!
    until next time......
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,831
    edited October 2014

Looks like the Cowboys are for real. Very impressive win today.

Or Seattle isn't as good as everyone believes - I'm leaning more in this direction.

See you fools on Thanksgiving. I'll be watching the game in the Dominican, with I'm sure a bunch of fraudulent tourist fans from places with such rich traditions of being Dallas fans - like those from Des Moines, or all the way from the heart of Texas like.....Salt Lake City...

Try not to run Murray into retirement between then and now. Thanks.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • Options
    Seattle is still a good team even better at home. This team has exceeded my expection ... Which is good, they will be judged by how they finish the season.

What does absolutely amazes me is Philadelphia sports fans ... a team that has NEVER won a super bowl from a city with so few championship TEAMS seem to be the biggest TRASH talkers
    :)) :)) :)).

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,470
    lukin2006 said:

Seattle is still a good team even better at home. This team has exceeded my expection ... Which is good, they will be judged by how they finish the season.

What does absolutely amazes me is Philadelphia sports fans ... a team that has NEVER won a super bowl from a city with so few championship TEAMS seem to be the biggest TRASH talkers

man, you cockroaches are so thin skinned. jeez...

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

lukin2006 said:

if you say so ... Of course I don't want to argue with someone from Philadelphia who's most successful athlete was a fictional boxer.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    lukin2006 said:

lukin2006 said:

if you say so ... Of course I don't want to argue with someone from Philadelphia who's most successful athlete was a fictional boxer.
    awww....that's cute. who is the most successful athlete from whatever canadian city you are from?

you know, back in this board's hay day these cowboys threads had people who were sorta fun to go back and forth with. now it seems like all we do is hurt your feelings or something.

buck up, people. we may have a fun stretch run on our hands.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Yeah I agree. It's going to be fun to watch it all unfold. And we still have both Cowboys-Eagles games to look forward to- including Thanksgiving Day, which I'm sure will not disappoint.

I love the NFC East divisional games the most out of the entire league. Sure I'm definitely more of a Cowboys fan- but if the Eagles take the division then they deserve it. I'm not going to hate them for it. And if they are the only NFC East team to make the playoffs - or last team left- then I will root for them. I know this is not the norm, but that's the kind of fan I am. I just enjoy the game too much to hate anything about it, I guess.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    That's right - this is the dude all the way from the deep heart of Texa......Canada?

Canadian Cowboy. Makes perfect sense.

After all, Canada is America's hat.
  • Options

That's right - this is the dude all the way from the deep heart of Texa......Canada?

where's metsfan? we need that guy back
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Another one that makes perfect sense. Did he get booted? And whatever happened to 81? Why do people get so hush-hush about someone getting the boot? Did he kill newborn babies?
  • Options

Another one that makes perfect sense. Did he get booted? And whatever happened to 81? Why do people get so hush-hush about someone getting the boot? Did he kill newborn babies?
    i don't know about metsfan. i do know 81 is on facebook though. he left here voluntarily.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    caifan82caifan82 Mexico City Posts: 321
    I do have 3 questions about all these "fraud" rules...
    1- What nfl team, if any, is someone from Canada allowed to root for?
    2- How about someone from Mexico?
    3- How about a half French, half Mexican dude, who spent 2 years at El Paso, and currently lives in Mexico City?

Just trying to realize what my "frauditude" level is ;)
    Mexico City - July 17th 2003
    Mexico City - July 18th 2003
    Mexico City - July 19th 2003
    Monterrey - December 7th 2005
    Mexico City - December 9th 2005
    Mexico City - December 10th 2005
    Mexico City - November 24th 2011
  • Options
    Still very fraudulent. And I'm glad this came up. The timing is perfect with Magary's Jambaroo. Pretty funny - http://deadspin.com/your-local-team-s-fanbase-should-be-dying-why-isn-t-it-1649752263

Also -

And

(I like America's Pants better)

• Options
    caifan82caifan82 Mexico City Posts: 321
    That's a really nice beard and all, but it doesn't answer any of my questions ;)
    Mexico City - July 17th 2003
    Mexico City - July 18th 2003
    Mexico City - July 19th 2003
    Monterrey - December 7th 2005
    Mexico City - December 9th 2005
    Mexico City - December 10th 2005
    Mexico City - November 24th 2011
  • Options
    caifan82 said:

That's a really nice beard and all, but it doesn't answer any of my questions ;)

It does if you read the beginning of the article. 8-> :-@ :x :)>- :bz ~O) ;) Emoticons! Yeah!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Well that was a blown opportunity. They could've gone up 2 games on the Eagles. Instead they lose to the Redskins - and Colt McCoy - at home. Now they have ARI next week. Fuck.

I usually defend Romo, but not tonight. I think he should have stayed out of the game. They had some good momentum going with Weeden - he took them on back to back scoring drives. The Redskins' defence weren't getting to him with the pass rush like they were against Romo.

I think Romo was too focused on himself being the hero, rather than thinking what was best for the team. Plus he ended up getting flattened again on the second snap and very nearly - should have - turned the ball over. I don't know how that Redskins player didn't cover the ball up.

Anyway, now they fall to 6-2 and quite possibly will be 6-3 going into the bye week if they lose to ARI. I wonder if they have peaked? You know every opponent going forward is going to study tonight's tape and do the same thing the Redskins did tonight. Too bad they don't have the bye next week because they could use it to reassess and give Romo time to heal.

I don't have a good feeling about the game against the Cardinals.
    Post edited by The Waiting Trophy Man on
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    I absolutely love watching the cowboys lose
  • Options
    Lol. Lots of people do.

I can't believe they lost. 10 point favourites to win and a third string QB who hadn't played in 3 years went into AT&T stadium and got the win. Pathetic.
  • Options
    To be honest ... I think many fans would be elated at 6-2 after 8 games, we have a solid shot at being 7-3 at the bye. They were due for a game like that ... this isn't all on Romo, if Murray doesn't fumble at the 10 thats a guaranteed 3, Dez dropped a sure TD from Weedon thats 4 points, not too mention all the other drops, the play calling in OT was horrible, if your Running Back put 140 yards on them then keep running in OT till they stop it. The O-line did a poor job at stopping the blitz as well.

As for the D ... they were horrible. Didn't tackle well, didn't cover well and maybe my biggest beef didn't get off the field enough when Washington was starting deep in their own territory, just didn't flip field position on them enough.

I agree Romo should not have been back in the game.

All and all just a bad game, the kind of game we'll see every once in a while from a young team.

On the positive this game could serve as a wakeup call ...

Durant done for the season, thats not good.

Lawrence will get his first game action next week ... hopefully he'll provide some sort of pass rush.

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,664
    Murray gets 8 yards on their first play in OT.......then, the geniuses (who, I'm not exactly sure) decide to throw it 3 times. Game over. Drive safely. Fuck me. X(
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive said:

Murray gets 8 yards on their first play in OT.......then, the geniuses (who, I'm not exactly sure) decide to throw it 3 times. Game over. Drive safely. Fuck me. X(

Probably Lineham ... And throwing 3 times with'a QB that spent much second half in the locker makes even less sense.

• Options
    imalive said:

if i were ever to meet jason garret, i would ask him: "so, what would you say it is....that...ya do here?" haha. so many cooks in the kitchen.

gotta say-- that was a fantastic football game. i'd say that if you guys pulled it out too. thanksgiving cannot get here soon enough.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    brandon weeden is your starting quarterback today.
    chinese-happy.jpg