Options

**********2018 DALLAS COWBOYS**********

Comments

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,480
    imalive wrote: »
    Can't say I'm sorry to see Suh suspended for a week.

Yes!! I was already worried about him getting to Romo. This is great news.

goddam it!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    Does this change the odds to the game?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    I don't even know what the spread is yet. Might be too early.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Damn, just read that it was reduced to a 70k fine and he is going to play. F***
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298

Odds have been out since Sunday night Still Dallas -7
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Odds have been out since Sunday night Still Dallas -7

Ok thanks.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    edited December 2014
    I will bet the first person that pm's me $20. I get Detroit plus the game time spread. I hate Dallas. Any takers?

Where you at TWTM?? =))
    Post edited by Last-12-Exit on
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    I will bet the first person that pm's me $20. I get Detroit plus the game time spread. I hate Dallas. Any takers?

Where you at TWTM?? =))

i will give you 7... for 20 American....
  • Options

Where you at TWTM?? =))

i will give you 7... for 20 American....

Ok. I'll take 7 and Detroit for $20 American. You're on.
  • Options
    Darn I was too late, lol.
    Actually I've already got money on this game with my cousin. I'll just get the $20 from him, lol
  • Options
    No surprise you Dallas fans have been quiet here. You're embarrassed. You should be. You didn't win that game. It was a gift from the zebras. If you expect to beat Green Bay with that slack ass offense, well, I just can't wait to your collective faces when they lose by 2 tds.
  • Options
    HATERS GONNA HATE... HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!!!

-HGH
  • Options
    No surprise you Dallas fans have been quiet here. You're embarrassed. You should be. You didn't win that game. It was a gift from the zebras. If you expect to beat Green Bay with that slack ass offense, well, I just can't wait to your collective faces when they lose by 2 tds.

beware of the sour grapes, they are going around....

-Rod Marinelli
  • Options
    C'MON MAN!!!!! who turns to social media forums after a big time playoff win??? America was celebrating, not hangin in forums... CMON MAN!!!! God Bless America and The Dallas Cowboys
  • Options
    C'MON MAN!!!!! who turns to social media forums after a big time playoff win??? America was celebrating, not hangin in forums... CMON MAN!!!! God Bless America and The Dallas Cowboys

America was puking. Self proclaimed America's team. Sad.
  • Options

last exit is really having a hard time with this.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,303
    Just seeing Fat boy Cristie jumping around with jones is enought to make me hate Cowboys even more ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

last exit is really having a hard time with this.

That made me laugh. Good one.
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    I'm embarrassed with the awful start ... Plain and simple Dallas didn't start on time, not embarrassed by the refereeing as I have no say over whats called . As for the officiating it is what it is ... I don't think I've seen a play where the penalty was announced and yards marched off then the penalty is reversed ... but I've certainly seen plenty of penalties where the flag is picked after a discussion ... might be a result that these crews are working together for the first.

The real story of this game is the second half ... Dallas had 4 possesions in the second half and scored on 3 of them and missed a field goal on another and scored on their last posession of the first half, against the number 2 defence, the lions just got 6 points in the second half and nine total since their 1st 2 drives ... thats to me is the story of the game.

This clip shows the lions also got away with one on that controversial call, unless grabbing the face mask is allowed by wide receivers ... of course nobody is talking about that.

I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    Just seeing Fat boy Cristie jumping around with jones is enought to make me hate Cowboys even more ....

that WAS a little awkward, huh?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

that WAS a little awkward, huh?

As pissed as I was when they scored that td, I laughed so hard when I saw that "hug."
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    edited January 2015
    I am emerging from my long hiatus just to comment on this game. That was a bad call. A bad bad call. One of the worst. Plus Dez not getting a personal foul was horrible too.

However. No one can predict the future. You can't know if the Lions would have scored. After all, Dallas got that interception deep in Detroit territory and came away with nothing. So there are no guarantees.

The refs screwed up. But the refs were not responsible for Calwell's gutless, cowardly decision to punt on 4th and 1 in Dallas territory. This is the playoffs!! Man up and get 1 yard!! You don't trust your offense to get 1 yard? They convert and this is a non-discussion because no one would care about that call.

The refs did not cause the Lions to shank the punt. The refs did not prevent Detroit from stopping Dallas on 4th and goal from the 1. When Dallas was faced with 4th and 6, Dallas did the gutsy thing and went for it and the refs didn't fall flat and allow them to convert. The refs didn't force Stafford to fumble twice (!) with two minutes to go and a time out. A championship team takes that situation and drives down the field and wins the game. The refs didn't hold Detroit to 6 points in the final 45 minutes of the game.

You want to win the game? Play better!!! The Lions had multiple opportunities to win that game and blew all of them. Every one. The better team won, sorry.

Dallas may well get blown next week. Maybe so, but no shame in that. I actually feel better about their chances against the Packers. I think Dallas can move the ball and put up points on them. I didn't want the Lions from day 1. They scare me. They were the one team I did not want to play. I'm 43 and have watched the Cowboys all my life and weird stuff happens with Detroit. I am so glad to get by them.
    Post edited by Flagg on
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    ^^^^^^ good to see you! Juggler was looking for you in the NFL thread.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Great post, Flagg. Totally valid points. Couldn't have said it any better!
  • Options
    Flagg wrote: »
    I am emerging from my long hiatus just to comment on this game. That was a bad call. A bad bad call. One of the worst. Plus Dez not getting a personal foul was horrible too.

However. No one can predict the future. You can't know if the Lions would have scored. After all, Dallas got that interception deep in Detroit territory and came away with nothing. So there are no guarantees.

The refs screwed up. But the refs were not responsible for Calwell's gutless, cowardly decision to punt on 4th and 1 in Dallas territory. This is the playoffs!! Man up and get 1 yard!! You don't trust your offense to get 1 yard? They convert and this is a non-discussion because no one would care about that call.

The refs did not cause the Lions to shank the punt. The refs did not prevent Detroit from stopping Dallas on 4th and goal from the 1. When Dallas was faced with 4th and 6, Dallas did the gutsy thing and went for it and the refs didn't fall flat and allow them to convert. The refs didn't force Stafford to fumble twice (!) with two minutes to go and a time out. A championship team takes that situation and drives down the field and wins the game. The refs didn't hold Detroit to 6 points in the final 45 minutes of the game.

You want to win the game? Play better!!! The Lions had multiple opportunities to win that game and blew all of them. Every one. The better team won, sorry.

Dallas may well get blown next week. Maybe so, but no shame in that. I actually feel better about their chances against the Packers. I think Dallas can move the ball and put up points on them. I didn't want the Lions from day 1. They scare me. They were the one team I did not want to play. I'm 43 and have watched the Cowboys all my life and weird stuff happens with Detroit. I am so glad to get by them.

Ladies and gentlemen who post in this thread: may I present to you, the only real Cowboys fan of these here forums.

How goes it man?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Ladies and gentlemen who post in this thread: may I present to you, the only real Cowboys fan of these here forums.

I was a fan when flagg was born. we are both "real."

stay out of our fucking thread. :wink:

(that's a wink, even tho it's barely recognizable)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    goodforyou19goodforyou19 Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin Posts: 74
    Well it's been a while since I posted to this forum but given that the Cowboys are playing GB and I am from Wisconsin I had to chime in. Flagg, I am right there with you. About to turn 43 myself and been a fan since I was 5. Quite honestly I thought this was a 5 win team at the start of the year based solely on their defense and losing Sean Lee. The way they have played all year and last week the adjustments they made at halftime shows that the coaches have done an incredible job to turn this thing around. The Packers are going to be tough to stop. Rodgers doesn't throw picks. Lacy does fumble occasionally and the Pack's special teams sucks (7 blocked kicks/punts??) so maybe they can get some turnovers there. If the Cowboys don't get down by 3 TDs and can keep their balance on offense I think they can put up points.

Should be fun. I'm considering going but tickets are pricey. Almost as much as the PJ Wrigley show!
  • Options

it doesn't matter how long....i know plenty of cowboys fans who've been fans for 30, 40 years. they're still frauds.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

it doesn't matter how long....i know plenty of cowboys fans who've been fans for 30, 40 years. they're still frauds.

MY HOMETOWN DIDNT HAVE A FUCKING TEAM, YOU MORON!!!!!!!!

: wink :

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    Oh Juggler, get out of here with your fraudulent bs. Get over it, you and your bum football team are watching the playoffs from the couch. =; :wink: