Options

**********2018 DALLAS COWBOYS**********

Comments

• Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    8-0 home team vs 8-0 road team. Apparently it's the first time since 1972 this has happened. Get ready for a shootout!
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    Cowboys fan here since the late 70s when I was only seven years old. Still remember my dad telling me I couldn't cry when my team lost. (Jackie Smith dropping that TD pass) There were just so many more important things to let your emotions control you. Oh, I still let my emotion control me on sports, but I'm a little more tame about it.

I live in Madison WI now and it's so exciting to be in the Packers back yard for this game. I really like the Cowboys match-ups for this game. The Packer D is not as physical upfront like the Lions, but they will come after you and try to force turnovers. As we all know, a certain QB reacts to these pressures at just the right time. Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on Romo, I'm just hoping he doesn't hold onto the ball as long and plays the game at what the Packers give him.

I'm also curious about Rodgers injury. If he's dealing with that calf strain in this weather and it hinders him, the Packers will be in trouble. Dallas will be able to bring pressure without worrying about Rodgers scrambling ability.

Weather isn't looking too bad. Sure it will be cold, but both teams can run the ball. I say Rodgers is able to finish the game, but will not be healthy and the Packer offense will stall in certain situations. Dallas, feeling this can stick to their power running game and not worry about a few stopped drives and wear the Packer D down.

Dallas wins 23-20.
    92- Austin
    92- Houston
    95- Austin
    00- Paris
    00- Houston
    03- San Antonio
    06- Milwaukee-Summerfest w/ Tom Petty
    07- Lollapalooza - Chicago
    08- EV-Solo - Milwaukee
    09- Chicago
    10- Indy
    11- PJ 20
    14- Milw
    16- Wrigley 2
    18- Wrigley 1
    23- Chicago 2
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,304
    Flagg wrote: »
    I am emerging from my long hiatus just to comment on this game. That was a bad call. A bad bad call. One of the worst. Plus Dez not getting a personal foul was horrible too.

However. No one can predict the future. You can't know if the Lions would have scored. After all, Dallas got that interception deep in Detroit territory and came away with nothing. So there are no guarantees.

The refs screwed up. But the refs were not responsible for Calwell's gutless, cowardly decision to punt on 4th and 1 in Dallas territory. This is the playoffs!! Man up and get 1 yard!! You don't trust your offense to get 1 yard? They convert and this is a non-discussion because no one would care about that call.

The refs did not cause the Lions to shank the punt. The refs did not prevent Detroit from stopping Dallas on 4th and goal from the 1. When Dallas was faced with 4th and 6, Dallas did the gutsy thing and went for it and the refs didn't fall flat and allow them to convert. The refs didn't force Stafford to fumble twice (!) with two minutes to go and a time out. A championship team takes that situation and drives down the field and wins the game. The refs didn't hold Detroit to 6 points in the final 45 minutes of the game.

You want to win the game? Play better!!! The Lions had multiple opportunities to win that game and blew all of them. Every one. The better team won, sorry.

Dallas may well get blown next week. Maybe so, but no shame in that. I actually feel better about their chances against the Packers. I think Dallas can move the ball and put up points on them. I didn't want the Lions from day 1. They scare me. They were the one team I did not want to play. I'm 43 and have watched the Cowboys all my life and weird stuff happens with Detroit. I am so glad to get by them.

Good to see you around & congrats on your boys win ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    8-0 home team vs 8-0 road team. Apparently it's the first time since 1972 this has happened. Get ready for a shootout!
    Ha, if you consider green bay winning 43-20 a shootout!
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    edited January 2015
    W L T Pct PF PA Net Pts TD
    12 4 0 .750 467 352 115 56 DAL
    12 4 0 .750 486 348 138 58 GB

DAL averaged 29.2 points per game; GB averaged 30.4

#6 offense(GB) vs #7 offense (DAL)

Both defenses give up an average of 22 PPG.
    Post edited by The Waiting Trophy Man on
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    imalive wrote: »
    I am emerging from my long hiatus just to comment on this game. That was a bad call. A bad bad call. One of the worst. Plus Dez not getting a personal foul was horrible too.

However. No one can predict the future. You can't know if the Lions would have scored. After all, Dallas got that interception deep in Detroit territory and came away with nothing. So there are no guarantees.

The refs screwed up. But the refs were not responsible for Calwell's gutless, cowardly decision to punt on 4th and 1 in Dallas territory. This is the playoffs!! Man up and get 1 yard!! You don't trust your offense to get 1 yard? They convert and this is a non-discussion because no one would care about that call.

The refs did not cause the Lions to shank the punt. The refs did not prevent Detroit from stopping Dallas on 4th and goal from the 1. When Dallas was faced with 4th and 6, Dallas did the gutsy thing and went for it and the refs didn't fall flat and allow them to convert. The refs didn't force Stafford to fumble twice (!) with two minutes to go and a time out. A championship team takes that situation and drives down the field and wins the game. The refs didn't hold Detroit to 6 points in the final 45 minutes of the game.

You want to win the game? Play better!!! The Lions had multiple opportunities to win that game and blew all of them. Every one. The better team won, sorry.

Dallas may well get blown next week. Maybe so, but no shame in that. I actually feel better about their chances against the Packers. I think Dallas can move the ball and put up points on them. I didn't want the Lions from day 1. They scare me. They were the one team I did not want to play. I'm 43 and have watched the Cowboys all my life and weird stuff happens with Detroit. I am so glad to get by them.

Ladies and gentlemen who post in this thread: may I present to you, the only real Cowboys fan of these here forums.

I was a fan when flagg was born. we are both "real."

stay out of our fucking thread. :wink:

(that's a wink, even tho it's barely recognizable)

it doesn't matter how long....i know plenty of cowboys fans who've been fans for 30, 40 years. they're still frauds.

MY HOMETOWN DIDNT HAVE A FUCKING TEAM, YOU MORON!!!!!!!!

: wink :

It seems I have struck a nerve.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856

However. No one can predict the future. You can't know if the Lions would have scored. After all, Dallas got that interception deep in Detroiry and came away with nothing. So there are no guarantees.

Ladies and gentlemen who post in this thread: may I present to you, the only real Cowboys fan of these here forums.

How goes it man?

Going well, thanks. Been a crazy ass year.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,480

it doesn't matter how long....i know plenty of cowboys fans who've been fans for 30, 40 years. they're still frauds.

morons get on my nerves.

:wink: the wink that no longer looks like one

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

morons get on my nerves.

:wink: the wink that no longer looks like one

Yeah, Chris Christie really gets on my nerves too
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Apparently Rodgers has a torn calf, but still expected to play.
  • Options
    Apparently Rodgers has a torn calf, but still expected to play.

Won't matter. Green bay-38
    Dallas-17
  • Options
    wpg pearlwpg pearl Posts: 1,258
    LOL DALLAS
    ajb
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    What comes around goes around. The team that shouldn't have been there to begin with got sent home on a GOOD CALL. That was not a catch. I love watching them lose.
  • Options
    Does Garrett come back next year?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,256
    You guys got ripped off. Tends to happen when you play the Packers.
  • Options
    mca47 wrote: »

That's laughable.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,256
    mca47 wrote: »

That's laughable.

Did you laugh?
  • Options

Absolutely. No doubt about it.
  • Options
    I didn't agree with the call. But I also didn't agree with the play call on 4th and 2. I agree they should have went for it, but should've just tried to pick up the 2 yards. Give it to Murray. Or a slant pass to Beasley or Witten. Ah well. Made for an exciting finish. Dallas had a superb year.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    Condolences. That is a tough way to lose a game.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options

His contract is up. So is Scott Linehan's. Dez and Demarco are up for new contracts also and the Cowboys are not in a good salary cap position. Will be an interesting off season.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

His contract is up. So is Scott Linehan's. Dez and Demarco are up for new contracts also and the Cowboys are not in a good salary cap position. Will be an interesting off season.

They can't afford to keep them all?
  • Options
    I didn't agree with the call. But I also didn't agree with the play call on 4th and 2. I agree they should have went for it, but should've just tried to pick up the 2 yards. Give it to Murray. Or a slant pass to Beasley or Witten. Ah well. Made for an exciting finish. Dallas had a superb year.

we sure are a classy bunch.

like you, I don't agree with the call. I got a little confused when mike pereira was talking about "the process" (of the catch). I mean, fuck, these rules are like the tax code. I full realize that, even with a TD, Aaron Rodgers may very well have driven the Pack for another score.

Go Pack Go.....beat the sea hags.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Overachieved. Cowgirls fans should be proud of them. But she. Your quarterback lets a shotgun snap go right through his hands one third and one you know... You know... Same ol Romo haha
  • Options
    Overachieved. Cowgirls fans should be proud of them. But she. Your quarterback lets a shotgun snap go right through his hands one third and one you know... You know... Same ol Romo haha

get out of here before you piss me off....romo had a fine game....I hardly think the play you're referencing determined the outcome.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

get out of here before you piss me off....romo had a fine game....I hardly think the play you're referencing determined the outcome.

Calls us cowgirls and refers to Romo as a 'she.' Seems to have hatred towards women in general. They probably hate him, too.
  • Options

Calls us cowgirls and refers to Romo as a 'she.' Seems to have hatred towards women in general. They probably hate him, too.

Probably so.

besides, shouldn't he (she?) be commenting on CFL or hockey?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Actually I did not intentionally call Romo "she" lol. My IPad autocorrected it but I have to admit it looked funny.
    I called the team cowgirls, not you. It's a playful term just like calling the Broncos "donkeys".

You are pretty sensitive haha
  • Options
    I call the team cowgirls as well.
  • Options

Probably so.

besides, shouldn't he (she?) be commenting on CFL or hockey?

Hahaha so not only are you sensitive and (incorrectly) making assumptions about my prowess with the ladies (I retired btw, met the women of my dreams), now you think a Canadian has no knowledge of American football? Lol
    You watch the same drivel on tv that I do from the same talking heads. *shakes head*

I thought they were going to win, until they blew it at the end of the 1st half, starting with Romo inexplicably letting a perfect shotgun snap go through his hands lol. Same ol Tony, and I actually defend him more often than not. He was my backup in fantasy this year haha.