Options

**********2018 DALLAS COWBOYS**********

Comments

• Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    big showdown sunday night!

:lol::lol: Do the Eagles have any players left that haven't been cut or put on IR? Seems like both of these teams have lost quite a few players. I bet NBC is thrilled to have this on primetime :roll:

We already know Andy Reid is a dead man walking, if Dallas loses this one maybe Jerry can go ahead and fire Garrett after the game too.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,307
    dougfloyd wrote:

:lol::lol: Do the Eagles have any players left that haven't been cut or put on IR? Seems like both of these teams have lost quite a few players. I bet NBC is thrilled to have this on primetime :roll:

We already know Andy Reid is a dead man walking, if Dallas loses this one maybe Jerry can go ahead and fire Garrett after the game too.

i wonder why they did not flex this one back to fox? i don't know anyone here who is excited about watching it. i'm actually a little pissed i will have to wait to watch boardwalk and homeland. :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Yep, I have to stay interested until they are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs :D If Dallas can start winning some games they still have a shot. I love playing with this thing every year: http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    dougfloyd wrote:
    Yep, I have to stay interested until they are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs :D If Dallas can start winning some games they still have a shot. I love playing with this thing every year: http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

I played with it for a minute. The only way THAT thing has Dallas making the playoffs (or finishing above .500) is if you change the criteria to Defensive Rank, then they make it in on the wild card.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Sunday night? Yes, that is correct. Big showdown? Nope, not this year...not these two teams..we could call this one the "Bad Coaches Bowl" :lol:

Like you I wonder why NBC didn't flex this back to Fox......I guess that they couldn't take the Stealers-Ravens game from CBS for the second time this season.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    dougfloyd wrote:

I played with it for a minute. The only way THAT thing has Dallas making the playoffs (or finishing above .500) is if you change the criteria to Defensive Rank, then they make it in on the wild card.

If the Cowboys win out and the Giants lose twice then they can still win the division. Other thing I thought was interesting is the Jets actually still have a chance of getting a wild card, wow.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    On Twitter, Peter King commented that the reason for not flexing out of this game was the marginal play-off chances that the 'Boys have....
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    dougfloyd wrote:

i wonder why they did not flex this one back to fox? i don't know anyone here who is excited about watching it. i'm actually a little pissed i will have to wait to watch boardwalk and homeland. :lol:

I agree ... should have been flexed.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    The Cowboys will have a tough time winning a single game after this weekend ... we play the Steelers, Bengals, Saints and Washington ... 6-10 is a strong possibility. I hope Jones don't use injuries as a reason to keep Jason.

But its the same old line ... wait till next year, it's been 15 years ... I don't expect Super Bowls every year or even the playoffs, just a sense that the Cowboys are building toward respectability.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/i ... erry-brown

Josh Brent arrested after fatal crash

IRVING, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys nose tackle Josh Brent was arrested early Saturday morning for intoxication manslaughter after a one-vehicle accident that killed teammate Jerry Brown.

According to Irving police, Brent's car was traveling at a high rate of speed on a State Highway 114 service road before he hit the outside curb. The car flipped at least one time before coming to a rest in the middle of the service road.

When police arrived Brent was responsive and spoke to police officers. Brown was unresponsive and taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Brent, a three-year veteran, was booked in the Irving city jail at 4:14 a.m. Saturday morning.

Brown was signed to the Cowboys' practice squad earlier this season. He was also Brent's college teammate at Illinois.

"We are deeply saddened by the news of this accident and the passing of Jerry Brown," Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said in a statement. "At this time, our hearts and prayers and deepest sympathies are with the members of Jerry's family and all of those who knew him and loved him."

The Cowboys are flying to Cincinnati for Sunday's game against the Bengals and had no comment on the accident, other than to say Brent did not make the team's charter. The players were told on the plane just before takeoff of what happened after non-team personnel were asked to go outside.

In June 2009, Brent was sentenced to two years of probation and 60 days in jail as part of a plea agreement stemming from a drunken driving arrest in Champaign County in Illinois.

Brent had been starting for the Cowboys with nose tackle Jay Ratliff sidelined by a groin injury. The Cowboys promoted nose tackle Rob Callaway off the practice squad Saturday.

Brown was signed by the Indianapolis Colts as an undrafted free agent on May 23 but was waived on Aug. 31. He was then signed to the Cowboys' practice squad on Sept. 1 and elevated to the active roster on Oct. 10.

Brown played in one game against the New York Jets in Week 6 before being waived on Oct. 16 and signed to the practice squad the following day.

"Sad news for the Illini #Family today," Illinois coach Tim Beckman tweeted. "Jerry Brown, former Illini and current NFL player has passed away. Keep him in your prayers."

This is the second time since 2003 a Cowboys player has been involved in a fatal car accident. On Jan. 14, 2003, Dwayne Goodrich, a second-round pick in 2000, was involved in a hit-and-run accident in which two people were killed.

Goodrich was convicted later that year of two counts of criminally negligent homicide and was released from prison in October 2011.

When will knuckleheads learn its just not ok drive intoxicated, under the influence of legal or illegal narcotics ... :nono: :nono:

RIP Jerry Brown :cry:

• Options
    cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    Thoughts and prayers go to the family of Jerry Brown. RIP... :(
  • Options
    It's December time for the Cowboys .... our favorite month :lol:.

This is the year Romo has to shine in December ... or the Cowboys need some changes at the position.

Could this be the end of the Ryan era :lol:? Jones called out the D this week ... I would say if the D falters Ryan might be let go .... or the entire staff might be let go :lol:.

• Options
    Good to see Dallas once again disappoints in December and Romo sucks again in a December game...maybe the 4th will be better but won't hold my breath.

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Good to see Dallas once again disappoints in December and Romo sucks again in a December game...maybe the 4th will be better but won't hold my breath.

I put a lot more of the blame on the O line in this game, they aren't giving Romo any time at all. Both teams seem to be dropping a lot of passes. And what is going on with our punter???
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    dougfloyd wrote:
    And what is going on with our punter???

I haven't been watching the game. What IS going on with your punter?
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    dougfloyd wrote:
    And what is going on with our punter???

I haven't been watching the game. What IS going on with your punter?

Poor punts ... Looks like he's getting the same poor protection that is Romo is getting.

• Options
    Well less than 4 minutes down by 3 .... Can Romo lead this team to field goal range?

• Options
    Really don't understand why there in a hurry?

• Options
    What a difference Murray makes ...

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

I agree, that was stupid to run another play before the 2 minute warning.

Huge run by Murray there.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Wow ... Nice victory ... And I'll give credit to Romo he played well down the stretch ... But I really thought Murray was the difference ... And is the difference on this team, he can do so much.

I thought the D was just so so at times...Cincy dropped some pass's and didn't finish drives very well.

Dallas was very fortunate to win and are still in the hunt and as a fan that's what you want ... The games to mean something down the stretch. 2 big home games coming up, so we'll see what happens.
    Post edited by lukin2006 on

• Options
    dougfloyd wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

I agree, that was stupid to run another play before the 2 minute warning.

Huge run by Murray there.

The only thing I can figure is with Cincy out timeouts it didn't much matter.

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Wow ... Nice victory ... And I'll give credit to Romo he played well down the stretch ... But I really thought Murray was the difference ... And is the difference on this team, he can do so much.

I thought the D was just so so at times...Cincy dropped some pass's and didn't finish drives very well.

Dallas was very fortunate to win and are still in the hunt and as a fan that's what you want ... The games to mean something down the stretch. 2 big home games coming up, so we'll see what happens.

Yep, agree with all those points, Murray makes them a much better team, O line can't pass block, Def did not look good, got lucky with Cin dropped passes. Somehow the freakin' Redskins came back and won in OT. Now rooting for the Saints to beat the Giants.

Not feeling very confident about these last 3 games but I guess if the Chargers can beat the Steelers then maybe we've got a better shot than I thought we would.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
  • Options
    Pick six thrown by Eli :lol::lol:
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
  • Options
    dougfloyd wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

Yep, agree with all those points, Murray makes them a much better team, O line can't pass block, Def did not look good, got lucky with Cin dropped passes. Somehow the freakin' Redskins came back and won in OT. Now rooting for the Saints to beat the Giants.

Not feeling very confident about these last 3 games but I guess if the Chargers can beat the Steelers then maybe we've got a better shot than I thought we would.

The Steeler haven't looked really great this year ... Or at least the games I've seen. NO I think is beatable and Washington that's a tough one, however, if we didn't turn the ball over on thanksgiving we win that game, so I think Washington is beatable...the question is can this Cowboy team run the table? Stay tuned...

• Options
    dougfloyd wrote:
    Pick six thrown by Eli :lol::lol:

I believe if NY loses they drop to 3rd place in the division and Washington's in 1st...who would have thought that with 3 games left :lol::lol::lol:.

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

The Steeler haven't looked really great this year ... Or at least the games I've seen. NO I think is beatable and Washington that's a tough one, however, if we didn't turn the ball over on thanksgiving we win that game, so I think Washington is beatable...the question is can this Cowboy team run the table? Stay tuned...

I can't believe you of all people are allowing this team to suck you back in to believing in them :lol: I'll remain cautiously optimistic, but not getting my hopes up just yet. This season feels like it's going to end like the year where they had a chance to make the playoffs in week 17 and got blown out by the Eagles.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
  • Options
    dougfloyd wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

I can't believe you of all people are allowing this team to suck you back in to believing in them :lol: I'll remain cautiously optimistic, but not getting my hopes up just yet. This season feels like it's going to end like the year where they had a chance to make the playoffs in week 17 and got blown out by the Eagles.

:lol:

Good point ... This team tends to do that to me :lol:. Just glad that these games are at least meaningful.

I will say this team seems to have no quit in them ...

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,491
    for once, they actually picked up a couple first downs to make it a makeable kick for bailey.....and garrett didn't freeze his own kicker :lol:

think I would've stopped the clock a bit earlier in case of a bad snap...
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive wrote:
    for once, they actually picked up a couple first downs to make it a makeable kick for bailey.....and garrett didn't freeze his own kicker :lol:

think I would've stopped the clock a bit earlier in case of a bad snap...

There for a second I thought he was going to just have them kneel down and settle for a 50 yard FG, kind of like how he screwed up the clock mgmt at the end of the BAL game.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley