Options

**********2018 DALLAS COWBOYS**********

Comments

• Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Buck is back with Aikman! My favourite commentators.

Go Cowboys!
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087

Go Cowboys!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    See Romo try and move the ball with his foot? Lol

Doesn't he have a near-perfect record in November?

This is a good game. :ugeek:
  • Options
    groovemegrooveme Posts: 353

Go Cowboys!

Agreed! We're not good enough to get them much any more I guess.

Just heard a snippet of "Unthought known"
  • Options
    grooveme wrote:

Go Cowboys!

Agreed! We're not good enough to get them much any more I guess.

Just heard a snippet of "Unthought known"

I heard that too. I guess Buck is still promoting PJ on Fox Sports.
  • Options
    This is essentially the 4th game in a row Romo hasn't been sharp ...

This team is done ... No way should this game have been like this.

Late in the 4th quarter only 9-10 runs :lol::lol::lol:

People can blame the D but this O only has 1 offensive touchdowns today.

Just pathetic ... Such a shame to see how far this franchise has fallen.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    I don't know about that. They had a nice 2minute, 90 yard drive at the end to take the lead. That is what I was most concerned about. Nice to know they can pull it off. The defence had a pick. Romo wasn't amazing, but he wasn't horrible. Was probably something like 30/40 and 300 yards. And they won, which is the main thing.
  • Options
    I don't know about that. They had a nice 2minute, 90 yard drive at the end to take the lead. That is what I was most concerned about. Nice to know they can pull it off. The defence had a pick. Romo wasn't amazing, but he wasn't horrible. Was probably something like 30/40 and 300 yards. And they won, which is the main thing.

I don't take a lot of confidence from this game ... Just too many mistakes.

Up next NO ... Oh boy I can see them putting up a pile of points.

Yes Romo had decent numbers ... But he was off again until that final drive, he'll need to be on next week, I would think.

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

Yes Romo had decent numbers ... But he was off again until that final drive, he'll need to be on next week, I would think.

NYJ beat NO today. And the O for DAL had 2 TDs, not 1.

I feel good after watching this game. The D is where they have struggled and they had a fumble recovery in the end zone for a TD and a pick. Plus the D held min to under 400 total yards, lol
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

NYJ beat NO today. And the O for DAL had 2 TDs, not 1.

I feel good after watching this game. The D is where they have struggled and they had a fumble recovery in the end zone for a TD and a pick. Plus the D held min to under 400 total yards, lol

Yeah they ended up with 2 TD's, when I posted that they only had 1. That last drive was so effective because Romo moved the ball to multiple receivers ... And they used Beasley on that last drive, I wish Beasley was made much more a part of the offense. They only ran the ball 9 times or something like that ... Not a winning recipe. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they won ... But the Vikings had only 1 win and this is a team they have to beat.

Next week we'll see ... Hopefully Ware is back, he'll help ... And run the ball.

• Options
    groovemegrooveme Posts: 353
    They are looking better than last season, but it seems that they play up or down to the level of their opponent somehow. Keeps it interesting, in a bad way
  • Options
    it will be a shootout im guessing but you never know if we just play our game.
    get Ware back and that will help, and then the bye.
    we just need to play better up front and in the secondary
    and we will be ok on our run into the playoffs!
    After that its a new ballgame we just got to get in so we can have a rematch with Denver in the super bowl :D
    until next time......
  • Options
    I'm not sure what to think of this Cowboy team, it appears they have good talent, they just make to many mistakes. Against NO this D defintely will have its work cut out for them, will need to play very well.

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    hey good game last night, guys.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

You know, I stick my neck out for this team and Romo in particular, and this is the kind of performance they show in a big game before a bye week? What are they gonna do if/when they have to play the Saints in the playoffs? Are they gonna play like THAT again?

Where was the fire and the talent they showed against Denver a month ago? They looked weak out there.
  • Options

You know, I stick my neck out for this team and Romo in particular, and this is the kind of performance they show in a big game before a bye week? What are they gonna do if/when they have to play the Saints in the playoffs? Are they gonna play like THAT again?

Where was the fire and the talent they showed against Denver a month ago? They looked weak out there.

unfortunately I've become used to it ... before Jones bought this team they always had an identity, they prided themselves on great O-Line and D-Line play and the the only time since Jones owned this team that they can say they had great line play was under Johnson. Now the identidy is talent at the skill position and ignoring both lines for the most part ... and this is what we are stuck with. they've got 2 excellent pieces on the O - Line in Fredericks and Smith but really thats it, on the D-Line other than a Ware that has battled injury the last 2 years they have very little.

I don't think we'll ever see if Romo is the type of player than can lead the team to a championship game simple because the O-Line play is not very good, he also seems like he is throwing the ball away before he has to, probably tired of getting hit.

Truthfully it really is time for this team to part ways with a lot of players and seriously build the o-line and d-line, players I'd like to see gone are Carr, Ware, Spencer, Hatcher, Scandrick on defence ... Austin, Romo, Witten, Murray and the Free on the o-lone. Big changes I know but this team is not very good.

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

unfortunately I've become used to it ... before Jones bought this team they always had an identity, they prided themselves on great O-Line and D-Line play and the the only time since Jones owned this team that they can say they had great line play was under Johnson. Now the identidy is talent at the skill position and ignoring both lines for the most part ... and this is what we are stuck with. they've got 2 excellent pieces on the O - Line in Fredericks and Smith but really thats it, on the D-Line other than a Ware that has battled injury the last 2 years they have very little.

I don't think we'll ever see if Romo is the type of player than can lead the team to a championship game simple because the O-Line play is not very good, he also seems like he is throwing the ball away before he has to, probably tired of getting hit.

Truthfully it really is time for this team to part ways with a lot of players and seriously build the o-line and d-line, players I'd like to see gone are Carr, Ware, Spencer, Hatcher, Scandrick on defence ... Austin, Romo, Witten, Murray and the Free on the o-lone. Big changes I know but this team is not very good.

I think this is their last "do or die" season. Seriously. If they don't win the division AND 1 playoff game, I think you're right - they should gut the team.

There is no excuse for them to fall short this time. The Giants started 0-6; the Eagles haven't won a single home game; the Redskins are 3-6. It should be easy and they're making it hard on themselves. This thing is gonna come down to the wire in week 17 at home against the Eagles.

It's like that Eminem song, Lose Yourself. That should be their goddamn anthem this year, lol. They should listen to it on the plane/bus to every game, workout to it and come out to it. They should fall asleep to it every night.

This is it. Time to shine, 'Boys.
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

I think this is their last "do or die" season. Seriously. If they don't win the division AND 1 playoff game, I think you're right - they should gut the team.

There is no excuse for them to fall short this time. The Giants started 0-6; the Eagles haven't won a single home game; the Redskins are 3-6. It should be easy and they're making it hard on themselves. This thing is gonna come down to the wire in week 17 at home against the Eagles.

It's like that Eminem song, Lose Yourself. That should be their goddamn anthem this year, lol. They should listen to it on the plane/bus to every game, workout to it and come out to it. They should fall asleep to it every night.

This is it. Time to shine, 'Boys.

I agree with you about those other teams. The problem is we all are fooling ourself thinking the talent level is better on team than those team. On D we have Lee and Ware neither can stay healthy, on O we have Witten, Bryant and Williams's.

• Options
    4-0 In the division!

Nice drive at the end to run out the clock and kick the FG. That's how you do it. Romo looks confident.
  • Options
    4-0 In the division!

Nice drive at the end to run out the clock and kick the FG. That's how you do it. Romo looks confident.

For sure a much needed win. Now let's win Thursday and then I think they'll have 11 days off until Chicago on Monday night.

• Options
    Big win nice drive they just played there game Giants tried
    hard to trash talk there way to a win.
    Cowboys had no part and just went into a hostile
    and horrible weather conditions environment and came out victorious
    is huge. Just a big momentum builder
    until next time......
  • Options
    I also thought the play calling was the best it's been since the Denver game. I'm not going to get to pumped over this win, the giants 4 game win streak was against average quarterbacks at best and the cowboys D gave up over 200 yards on the ground. Now if we beat Oakland Thursday, that'd be nice to get 2 games above 500.

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    I also thought the play calling was the best it's been since the Denver game. I'm not going to get to pumped over this win, the giants 4 game win streak was against average quarterbacks at best and the cowboys D gave up over 200 yards on the ground. Now if we beat Oakland Thursday, that'd be nice to get 2 games above 500.

I thought the D looked the best they have this year. Didn't they stop the Gmen on 4th down, twice? Still work to be done, but I see signs of improvement.

We HAVE to beat Oakland. I'm not even gonna go there. Obviously it would not be good.
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

I thought the D looked the best they have this year. Didn't they stop the Gmen on 4th down, twice? Still work to be done, but I see signs of improvement.

We HAVE to beat Oakland. I'm not even gonna go there. Obviously it would not be good.

We did stop them on 4th down twice, the last 5 are all winnable games ...

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

Giants are terrible and have no offensive line. Nice win, but don't make this out to be any more than it was. A game they should and did win. If possible, the Giants are worse than their record indicates, and I would not be surprised to see them only win another game or 2 unless they get some more 3rd string QB's to play against.

I would not trust this Cowboys D in a big spot against a real offensive line/QB. And it's not like they were very good before Sean Lee was out, so I don't see how that will change anything.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options

Giants are terrible and have no offensive line. Nice win, but don't make this out to be any more than it was. A game they should and did win. If possible, the Giants are worse than their record indicates, and I would not be surprised to see them only win another game or 2 unless they get some more 3rd string QB's to play against.

I would not trust this Cowboys D in a big spot against a real offensive line/QB. And it's not like they were very good before Sean Lee was out, so I don't see how that will change anything.

Well whatever, the Giants were on a 4 game winning streak - regardless - and their defence hadn't given up 1 passing TD during that stretch. Plus they had home field advantage in cold, windy weather. Cowboys went in and did what they had to do. Nothing more; nothing less.
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

Agree ... And I didn't get overly excited.

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,501
    :mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Dallas look just awful for the first 28 minutes, then looked like world beaters after that. Is it me or does it seem like it takes the Dallas coaches far to long to make the necessary adjustments? At least they got the win, now 11 days off ... Let's hope they get even more healthy, hoping Lee and Claiborne return for the Chicago game and hoping Dunbars knee sprain isn't to serious. So now the all important December is upon this team, now they need to rise up and knock the monkey off their back, a 3-1 or 2-2 December would be nice a 1-3 or worse would be totally unacceptable, especially with 2 home games.

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    must be december, eh fellas?

37599683_its_the_most_wonderful_time_of_the_year_small_answer_10_xlarge.png
    chinese-happy.jpg