Options

**********2018 DALLAS COWBOYS**********

Comments

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    The Cowboys will never win another Super Bowl as long as the Jones family owns this team. Heck I read this week that Jones wants to open up contract talks with Romo...why? Wait till season ends...if they made the playoffs and some noise in the playoffs, then maybe! If not, cut him and go with Orton and draft a quarterback for the future...and at the same time start drafting offensive and defensive lineman.

But the one thing that really bugs me about how this team is run is for some reason they think guys should play just because they are high draft picks. Jones shouldn't be playing, that punk Bryant should have been cut and Robinson signed.

And that offensive line is completely pathetic.

Jones is more of a "I want it RIGHT NOW" type, and not much of a "building for the future" type of guy.

Exactly...except by hiring the right personnel it shouldn't take that long...look at what Harbaugh has done in San Francisco, Sean Patton, etc.. The problem is Jones thinks he built that 90's team and can do it again, but he didn't build the 90's team...Jimmy Johnstone did. Jones is not a football GM. As an owner he's good, maybe one of the best.

The only way Jones will ever get it is when he starts to show up for home games and the stadium is half full...other than that forget it.

It's one game. one loss. Romo is NOT the problem. There was a letdown. Let's not judge the whole season on 1 game. Sure, that's what the media does week in and week out and that's why they suck. :)
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,482
    :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    lukin2006 wrote:

Jones is more of a "I want it RIGHT NOW" type, and not much of a "building for the future" type of guy.

Exactly...except by hiring the right personnel it shouldn't take that long...look at what Harbaugh has done in San Francisco, Sean Patton, etc.. The problem is Jones thinks he built that 90's team and can do it again, but he didn't build the 90's team...Jimmy Johnstone did. Jones is not a football GM. As an owner he's good, maybe one of the best.

The only way Jones will ever get it is when he starts to show up for home games and the stadium is half full...other than that forget it.

It's one game. one loss. Romo is NOT the problem. There was a letdown. Let's not judge the whole season on 1 game. Sure, that's what the media does week in and week out and that's why they suck. :)

Nope same old excuses.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options

we'll talk when your Eagles have photos taken in colour of their NFL championship ;).
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

we'll talk when your Eagles have photos taken in colour of their NFL championship ;).

Looks like you and Jiggsy won't be talking for quite some time :lol:
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544

+1 Yesterday was a horrible performance by the entire team, Romo included. But it's a long season, can't overreact to every week. I don't understand how everyone thinks it's so easy to just go get another quarterback and even if they did draft a replacement for Romo, do you really trust Jerry to draft a good one? Romo is what he is at this point, never going to be elite but he's good enough for them to succeed with him if everybody on the team executes and does their job.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    dougfloyd wrote:

+1 Yesterday was a horrible performance by the entire team, Romo included. But it's a long season, can't overreact to every week. I don't understand how everyone thinks it's so easy to just go get another quarterback and even if they did draft a replacement for Romo, do you really trust Jerry to draft a good one? Romo is what he is at this point, never going to be elite but he's good enough for them to succeed with him if everybody on the team executes and does their job.

but thats just it...he's not good enough to succeed because the team is not having any real success. No I don't think its easy to find a QB. You just said what the problem is...JERRY. Jones is in love with hollywood type players...this team needs less flash and more grit...especially on the lines.

And after Felix fumbled that ball to open the game...Jason should have sat him the rest of the game.

This team will not make the playoffs.

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

Looks like you and Jiggsy won't be talking for quite some time :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,666
    this is why I refuse to put any emotional investment into this fucking organization (these days) :x
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    dougfloyd wrote:

but thats just it...he's not good enough to succeed because the team is not having any real success. No I don't think its easy to find a QB. You just said what the problem is...JERRY. Jones is in love with hollywood type players...this team needs less flash and more grit...especially on the lines.

And after Felix fumbled that ball to open the game...Jason should have sat him the rest of the game.

This team will not make the playoffs.

I pretty much agree with all of that but Jerry isn't going anywhere so it is what it is.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    I have only three words to say:

Fuck.
    Jerry.
    Jones.

Carry on!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Fuck.
    Jerry.
    Jones.

Carry on!

Oh get back over to your Packers thread! :lol:
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Fuck.
    Jerry.
    Jones.

Carry on!

:clap::clap:

• Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    dougfloyd wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Fuck.
    Jerry.
    Jones.

Carry on!

Oh get back over to your Packers thread! :lol:

:mrgreen:

Oh come on!! We all know he is a supreme douchelord!!!!!!!!!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    Thought the NFL was trying to rid this crap from the game. To me it looks like he went for Lee's head and tried to spear him at the same time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpEzLr7wJeY

Jerry Jones expects Golden Tate to get fined

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/ ... -get-fined

• Options
    London BridgeLondon Bridge USA Posts: 4,733
    Same old Cowboys :lol:

They'll be sitting on the couch watching the playoffs this year because they don't win the easier games on the schedule. Just the way I like it :lol:
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Thought the NFL was trying to rid this crap from the game. To me it looks like he went for Lee's head and tried to spear him at the same time.

Yeah, he will get fined. The refs actually called a personal foul on Bruce Carter on that play! :fp:
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

Yeah, he will get fined. The refs actually called a personal foul on Bruce Carter on that play! :fp:

Yes he pushed the QB out even though the QB had 1 foot inbounds...

• Options
    Why did Rob Ryan play so soft vs. Seahawks?

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/ ... s-seahawks

My answer is simple...Ryan's are over rated coaches.

• Options
    dougfloyd wrote:

Romo has been the starting QB for 6 or 7 seasons, any judgement made about his abilities are likely formed from watching him over time, and not some overreaction to yesterday's game. I didn't even see the game yesterday, except the very end, but I still say you guys aren't going to win a Super Bowl with Romo. Well, it's possible he could win a ring, but he would have to have an incredible team around him. He is not the type of guy that can take an OK to mediocre team to the championship on the strength of his leadership and talent.

Romo is just one of the problems the Cowboys have, I don't think anybody is saying that replacing Romo would translate into immediate success. It can't hurt though. Or, as others have said, at least let the season play out and see if he's improved before you go talking about a 5 year contract extension. What would that extension be based on? Jersey sales? See how he performs and make the decision based on that.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    dougfloyd wrote:

Romo has been the starting QB for 6 or 7 seasons, any judgement made about his abilities are likely formed from watching him over time, and not some overreaction to yesterday's game. I didn't even see the game yesterday, except the very end, but I still say you guys aren't going to win a Super Bowl with Romo. Well, it's possible he could win a ring, but he would have to have an incredible team around him. He is not the type of guy that can take an OK to mediocre team to the championship on the strength of his leadership and talent.

Romo is just one of the problems the Cowboys have, I don't think anybody is saying that replacing Romo would translate into immediate success. It can't hurt though. Or, as others have said, at least let the season play out and see if he's improved before you go talking about a 5 year contract extension. What would that extension be based on? Jersey sales? See how he performs and make the decision based on that.

1 thing is I don't think there in the playoffs mix at the end of the year...a real possibility to have a top 15 or higher pick. How many of those 14 teams or so will be in the market for a QB considering 5 rookies QB's are starting now and over the last few years many other teams have spent high picks on QB's...this might be a good opportunity to get a good QB without actually having the number 1 pick. Then they need to spend the next 2 drafts on some high quality lineman.

I totally agree with you that Romo will not lead them to the promise land...and to lock him for 5 more years is just silly...but thats what jones does...

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

1 thing is I don't think there in the playoffs mix at the end of the year...a real possibility to have a top 15 or higher pick. How many of those 14 teams or so will be in the market for a QB considering 5 rookies QB's are starting now and over the last few years many other teams have spent high picks on QB's...this might be a good opportunity to get a good QB without actually having the number 1 pick. Then they need to spend the next 2 drafts on some high quality lineman.

I totally agree with you that Romo will not lead them to the promise land...and to lock him for 5 more years is just silly...but thats what jones does...[/quote]

\

Now, this is just getting silly :) Again, Romo is NOT the problem and is a good qb(a super bowl away from being elite). The guy has put up some incredible numbers over the years and has been the NFL's best qb in the 4th quarter over the last five years(look at the stats). It is unfortunate that everyone still rags on him just because he is the Cowboys qb.

Do you think he was the problem last year? If so, you must not have watched the defense all season long.

Yesterday, the game was lost in the trenches. Our O line had Romo running for his life and couldn't create any holes for Murray. Our D line got beat repeatedly and allowed Lynch to run all over us and couldn't get off the field.

It's amazing how this whole Romo talk comes about after 1 loss. Yes, 1 loss and he wasn't even the problem. Unreal. Save the 'let's fire Romo' shit until the dust settles and the season is over. :)
  • Options
    HartydogHartydog Posts: 2,060
    This performance was just dumbfounding. I can't believe how bad the D got run over in the 2nd half. And Felix, oh Felix - take a seat.
    Boston 9-28-04, 5-24-06, 5-25-06, 5-17-10, 8-5-16, 8-7-16, 9-2-18, 9-4-18
    Hartford 5-13-06, 6-27-08, 10-25-13
    Mansfield, MA 6-30-08, 6-28-08, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 9-15-98, 9-16-98
    Worcester 10-15-13, 10-16-13
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

I totally agree with you that Romo will not lead them to the promise land...and to lock him for 5 more years is just silly...but thats what jones does...

\

Now, this is just getting silly :) Again, Romo is NOT the problem and is a good qb(a super bowl away from being elite). The guy has put up some incredible numbers over the years and has been the NFL's best qb in the 4th quarter over the last five years(look at the stats). It is unfortunate that everyone still rags on him just because he is the Cowboys qb.

Do you think he was the problem last year? If so, you must not have watched the defense all season long.

Yesterday, the game was lost in the trenches. Our O line had Romo running for his life and couldn't create any holes for Murray. Our D line got beat repeatedly and allowed Lynch to run all over us and couldn't get off the field.

It's amazing how this whole Romo talk comes about after 1 loss. Yes, 1 loss and he wasn't even the problem. Unreal. Save the 'let's fire Romo' shit until the dust settles and the season is over. :)[/quote]

Yes he has put up incredible numbers...thats just it...I don't care about the numbers...at the end of the day he'll probably hold every Cowboy passing record...but he'll never win a super bowl...some guys just have it and know how to win (Eli Manning), some guys don't (Romo), he's won 1 maybe 2 meaningful games.

He's not the entire problem...but unless he has a great team I doubt he'll be winning.

I just don't see whats the need to rush into signing him. See how the season plays out, see where your drafting, who's ahead of you and what QB's will be available.

• Options
    HartydogHartydog Posts: 2,060
    Romo is definitely not the problem. The roster is thin. Jerry the owner needs to fire the GM.
    Boston 9-28-04, 5-24-06, 5-25-06, 5-17-10, 8-5-16, 8-7-16, 9-2-18, 9-4-18
    Hartford 5-13-06, 6-27-08, 10-25-13
    Mansfield, MA 6-30-08, 6-28-08, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 9-15-98, 9-16-98
    Worcester 10-15-13, 10-16-13
  • Options
    Hartydog wrote:
    Romo is definitely not the problem. The roster is thin. Jerry the owner needs to fire the GM.

He'll be the problem if he's signed to a 5 year extension. That's the problem with Jones GM...he signs these guys in their 30's to these extensions, and most footballs players are on the downside of their career after 30.

With so many teams taking QB's the last 2-3 years and if the Cowboys miss the playoffs then this might be as good as time as any to draft a QB of the future and the then start building the O line and D line.

I'm just not kidding myself anymore...this team is not that good...

On defense I think they got the talent to keep this team in games...but lets be real Rob Ryan is so over rated.

Why did he blitz a rookie QB so little...especially a vertically challenged QB.

Another problem with Jones the GM...he saw how poorly the D played last year...Jack Del Rio became available...out goes Ryan in come Jack...you solve 2 problems...you upgrade your coaching on defense and you have Garetts replacement...because Jack did a hell of a job coaching in Jacksonville with far less resources than the coach's in Dallas have.

But your right owner Jerry needs to replace GM Jerry...and this team will never win with GM Jerry.

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Hartydog wrote:

He'll be the problem if he's signed to a 5 year extension. That's the problem with Jones GM...he signs these guys in their 30's to these extensions, and most footballs players are on the downside of their career after 30.

With so many teams taking QB's the last 2-3 years and if the Cowboys miss the playoffs then this might be as good as time as any to draft a QB of the future and the then start building the O line and D line.

On defense I think they got the talent to keep this team in games...but lets be real Rob Ryan is so over rated.

Another problem with Jones the GM...he saw how poorly the D played last year...Jack Del Rio became available...out goes Ryan in come Jack...you solve 2 problems...you upgrade your coaching on defense and you have Garetts replacement...because Jack did a hell of a job coaching in Jacksonville with far less resources than the coach's in Dallas have.

But your right owner Jerry needs to replace GM Jerry...and this team will never win with GM Jerry.

lol, now Jack Del Rio is Jason Garrett's replacement and did a hell of a job in Jacksonville? A below .500 record(69-73) is a hell of a job? You certainly have a point about GM Jerry but you are losing credibility with everything else you are ranting about. If you claim Jerry is such a bad GM, what makes you think it will be easy to replace a guy like Romo(in one draft)?? Do you remember how long it took to replace Aikman?

Also, Rob Ryan didn't get a full training camp last year to be properly evaluated so why would they dump him for Del Rio?
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Hartydog wrote:

lol, now Jack Del Rio is Jason Garrett's replacement and did a hell of a job in Jacksonville? A below .500 record(69-73) is a hell of a job? You certainly have a point about GM Jerry but you are losing credibility with everything else you are ranting about. If you claim Jerry is such a bad GM, what makes you think it will be easy to replace a guy like Romo(in one draft)?? Do you remember how long it took to replace Aikman?

Also, Rob Ryan didn't get a full training camp last year to be properly evaluated so why would they dump him for Del Rio?

he did a hell of a job in 1 of the smallest football markets with far less resources than the Cowboys have...and I said as possible replacement if Jason does't workout...but as D Coordinator he is way better than Ryan. Ryan lost all credibility with me last Sunday...you got 5'10" QB and you hardly blitz him...did he not see the game film from when he played Arizona and Arizona blitzed and the results Arizona got.

And really Jason has proven himself to you...have you seen the job Harbaugh's doing in his second year in San Fran, and many other coach's after 2-3 years...as far as I'm concerned this team is run like a little league team...Jason wants everyone to play...he should have sat Felix after that fumble and Bryant after that drop, neither have a track to offer me the benefit of the doubt and Bryant doesn't deserve the 88 on his back.

Romo is incapable of being a big time QB...heck he's barely the 3rd best QB in the division...

Do I trust Jerry to get it right with the QB...I don't know...but if their drafting in the top 15 there is real possibility that they could get one of the top 2-3 QB's available...shouldn't be that hard...

The question should be do we trust the Cowboys to develop a future QB?

Every thing I read is that Jason has a lot more say over player personell than most Cowboy coach's have. If this is true he isn't much better that Jones a drafting top talent.

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

he did a hell of a job in 1 of the smallest football markets with far less resources than the Cowboys have...and I said as possible replacement if Jason does't workout...but as D Coordinator he is way better than Ryan. Ryan lost all credibility with me last Sunday...you got 5'10" QB and you hardly blitz him...did he not see the game film from when he played Arizona and Arizona blitzed and the results Arizona got.

And really Jason has proven himself to you...have you seen the job Harbaugh's doing in his second year in San Fran, and many other coach's after 2-3 years...as far as I'm concerned this team is run like a little league team...Jason wants everyone to play...he should have sat Felix after that fumble and Bryant after that drop, neither have a track to offer me the benefit of the doubt and Bryant doesn't deserve the 88 on his back.

Romo is incapable of being a big time QB...heck he's barely the 3rd best QB in the division...

Do I trust Jerry to get it right with the QB...I don't know...but if their drafting in the top 15 there is real possibility that they could get one of the top 2-3 QB's available...shouldn't be that hard...

Every thing I read is that Jason has a lot more say over player personell than most Cowboy coach's have. If this is true he isn't much better that Jones a drafting top talent.

Certainly, these can all be good arguments but not after 1 loss. Maybe at the end of the season if all goes to shit. Didn't Romo just play arguably his best regular season game 12 days ago? Didn't the defense look great in stopping the defending champion Giants and holding them under 300 total yards?

I say let's not blow this out of proportion just yet since it is only one loss. However, as I've mentioned, you do have some really good offseason topics to discuss if the Boys crumble and miss the playoffs.

Also, Romo is the 2nd best qb in this division, hands down. People argue that he is better than Eli but that is a tough one since Eli's defense showed up at the right time and helped hand him 2 super bowl trophies. There is no way I would want Vick as my qb and the jury is still out on a rookie in Washington.
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

Certainly, these can all be good arguments but not after 1 loss. Maybe at the end of the season if all goes to shit. Didn't Romo just play arguably his best regular season game 12 days ago? Didn't the defense look great in stopping the defending champion Giants and holding them under 300 total yards?

I say let's not blow this out of proportion just yet since it is only one loss. However, as I've mentioned, you do have some really good offseason topics to discuss if the Boys crumble and miss the playoffs.

Also, Romo is the 2nd best qb in this division, hands down. People argue that he is better than Eli but that is a tough one since Eli's defense showed up at the right time and helped hand him 2 super bowl trophies. There is no way I would want Vick as my qb and the jury is still out on a rookie in Washington.

QB's in the division
    Manning - 2 SB, nuff said
    RG3 - what Cowboy fan wouldn't take him over Romo. The jury's not out for me.
    Romo
    Vick - but Vick is 2-0 and has lead his team back so that might give him an edge

The problem I have with this team is you get a win against the Giants...Jason has 10 days to get them prepared for Seattle, they looked like they just started training camp. Being unprepared is very much on the coach's. I really don't see how you can just throw away games in the NFL, especially with such a tough schedule ahead of them...they had a solid chance at going 4-0 before the bye week. Rob Ryan is over rated as a coach...