**********2018 DALLAS COWBOYS**********

Comments

• FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Flagg wrote:
    And the worst sports week in recent history continues. Someone make it stop.

Where are the Dallas Sidekicks when you need 'em? They were the most consistently successful franchise Dallas has ever had, but they are no more.

I remember them! And the Dallas Tornadoes!

Let's go Mavs and Stars! When the Mavs come back that is.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Flagg wrote:
    Flagg wrote:
    And the worst sports week in recent history continues. Someone make it stop.

Where are the Dallas Sidekicks when you need 'em? They were the most consistently successful franchise Dallas has ever had, but they are no more.

I remember them! And the Dallas Tornadoes!

Let's go Mavs and Stars! When the Mavs come back that is.

Yeah, I used to go to Sidekicks games all the time, especially as a kid when I played soccer. In 20 years they only missed the post-season 3 times, made it to the championship game 8 times, won 3 times.

I'm not really a Stars fan, but I love Joe Nieuwendyk. Mostly for his time as a Toronto Maple Leaf, and not so much Stars. So I like the fact he's the GM for Dallas.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    Well, can't blame Romo for this one.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Bright spot seems to be Murray...

Why is Brookings still on the team, he looks very old out there.

I gotta remember with this jason as the coach, this is like little league, everyone plays...like Bennet.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    good game.
    www.myspace.com
    good game.

:sick:
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Posts: 2,580
    That was brutal. They usually at least make it competitive before ripping my heart out at the end of the game. That one was over in the first quarter... Sigh...
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
    2024 - Noblesville, Wrigley
  • Glad to discover the Cowboys forum on PJ's site! Somewhere I can vent my frustrations... Last night, obviously a failure in all areas. Same old Cowboys. Other teams rally at halftime and come out fighting. Not the Cowboys. They are yawning on the bench and show no fight whatsoever. Lowlights:

Brooking & James - old and slow, exploited time and again on crossing patterns. Could a Victor Butler be any worse than these guys? At 24-0 why not try something new? Carter isn't ready, but hell, throw him out there for a play or two to get his feet wet in a blowout.

Romo - hard to believe he can't at least try a throw or two to Dez or Miles at some point in the first three quarters. Rushed his passes even when the pass rush wasnt' there. Was off target a lot. Yes, Philly knew they were going to throw after the 1st quarter but before that Romo showed nothing. Again. Why not stick Kitna in there in the 2nd half to try to give the team something. Romo was sleepwalking through this game.

Two roster spots taking up space at this point - Marty B and David Buehler. Why are these guys still around, really? Phillips is a better TE than Bennett and deserves more playing time. Is he hurt?
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453

Two roster spots taking up space at this point - Marty B and David Buehler. Why are these guys still around, really? Phillips is a better TE than Bennett and deserves more playing time. Is he hurt?

As far as I know, Phillips is not hurt and would've made that catch that Bennett dropped and tipped to Asomugha.

So tired of Bennett as well. I'm annoyed just by seeing him trot onto the field..
  • crazypjfan wrote:

As far as I know, Phillips is not hurt and would've made that catch that Bennett dropped and tipped to Asomugha.

So tired of Bennett as well. I'm annoyed just by seeing him trot onto the field..

I got a kick out of his reaction after, hitting his facemask with his hand. Yeah, Marty, the ball did just hit you right in the face and you didn't catch it! I see Jermichael Finley up here in GB every week - just unstoppable. Then you see Marty B who was supposed to have a similar skillset and its not even close...
    Awesome pickup and a great person! Nice work, Laurent.

Cowboys' Laurent Robinson spiked football against Eagles for boy battling cancer

At first glance, many wondered Sunday night why in the world Cowboys wide receiver Laurent Robinson was so animated in spiking the football after his touchdown cut Philadelphia's lead to 34-7.

Robinson beat the Eagles' coverage and worked his way behind the secondary, catching a pass down the right sideline from Tony Romo. Robinson raced 70 yards for his first touchdown as a Cowboys player that broke the shutout with 12:53 to play in the fourth quarter.

After the score, Robinson jumped in the air and emphatically spiked the football into the end zone with his right hand.

The celebration seemed over the top considering the score, but there's a back story that explains Robinson's spike.

During the Cowboys' bye in early October, Robinson met a young boy from Dallas named Tyler who was fighting brain cancer. One of Tyler's wishes was to meet a player from his favorite team, and Robinson obliged.

During the visit, Tyler told Robinson that during one of his youth football games he scored a touchdown and spiked the football, receiving a 15-yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

Robinson promised Tyler that when he scored his first touchdown as a Cowboys player that he would spike the football in honor of him.

Robinson, who led Dallas with five catches for 103 yards against Philadelphia, held true to his word. Cancer battles are close to Robinson's heart. His mother, Linda Brown, is a 12-year survivor of breast cancer.

After spiking the ball, Eagles fans booed him and threw a few items in his direction near the back of the end zone. Robinson quickly retrieved the bounding ball and carried it to the sideline.

He won't keep the ball that represents his first touchdown as a Cowboys player. Instead, he plans to give it to Tyler.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Awesome pickup and a great person! Nice work, Laurent.

Cowboys' Laurent Robinson spiked football against Eagles for boy battling cancer

At first glance, many wondered Sunday night why in the world Cowboys wide receiver Laurent Robinson was so animated in spiking the football after his touchdown cut Philadelphia's lead to 34-7.

Robinson beat the Eagles' coverage and worked his way behind the secondary, catching a pass down the right sideline from Tony Romo. Robinson raced 70 yards for his first touchdown as a Cowboys player that broke the shutout with 12:53 to play in the fourth quarter.

After the score, Robinson jumped in the air and emphatically spiked the football into the end zone with his right hand.

The celebration seemed over the top considering the score, but there's a back story that explains Robinson's spike.

During the Cowboys' bye in early October, Robinson met a young boy from Dallas named Tyler who was fighting brain cancer. One of Tyler's wishes was to meet a player from his favorite team, and Robinson obliged.

During the visit, Tyler told Robinson that during one of his youth football games he scored a touchdown and spiked the football, receiving a 15-yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

Robinson promised Tyler that when he scored his first touchdown as a Cowboys player that he would spike the football in honor of him.

Robinson, who led Dallas with five catches for 103 yards against Philadelphia, held true to his word. Cancer battles are close to Robinson's heart. His mother, Linda Brown, is a 12-year survivor of breast cancer.

After spiking the ball, Eagles fans booed him and threw a few items in his direction near the back of the end zone. Robinson quickly retrieved the bounding ball and carried it to the sideline.

He won't keep the ball that represents his first touchdown as a Cowboys player. Instead, he plans to give it to Tyler.
    Let's keep this as the only reminder of the beatdown this past Sunday night....looks like someone on this team has a heart.....hope its contagious.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    tybird wrote:
    Let's keep this as the only reminder of the beatdown this past Sunday night....looks like someone on this team has a heart.....hope its contagious.

I agree...two things are certain...it only counted as 1 loss and our schedule looks easy.

we should still win the division unless there is a total meltdown..
    Did anybody catch Pardon The Interruption yesterday? Tony and Mike were pretty hard on Rob Ryan. Especially over his quote of blaming the loss on himself. Personally I thought he said the right thing (for once) as his comments supposedly fired up the Eagles. But Tony and Mike took it as him trying to act like he was the head coach. And he is the defensive coordinator, of a defense that was inept at best, so he should have taken the blame. But the offense didn't do much better so there's plenty of blame to go around.
    of a defense that was inept at best

So they had a meltdown on Sunday..I still think they have a good defense and will continue to get better and learn from their mistakes. I would start to make improvements by benching Brooking for Bruce Carter since Lee is a little banged up.
    For fucks sake, really Jerry??

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones: TE Martellus Bennett is here to stay

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones was asked Friday morning on 105.3 FM about tight end Martellus Bennett, and if his next mistake will be his last on this team.

"Well no, it's not. We need him," Jones said. "He's doing an outstanding job in parts of what we're going to need as we go along."

Bennett, who will be a free agent after this season, has three dropped passes this season in a limited number of chances. His drop Sunday against Philadelphia turned into an interception when he tipped the ball into the air and allowed cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha to make a diving catch near the sideline.

Bennett's first drop of the season came in the end zone in the fourth quarter of the home opener against Washington. A catch would have given the Cowboys the lead at the time.

"Martellus certainly has the ability to be an outstanding receiver, but more importantly, he is a tremendous blocker," Jones said. "Martellus Bennett could be a tackle. He has real strong hands, long arms, has natural feet, the ability to reset and do all the things you want in a blocker. So we benefit from his work in there.

"No one wants to catch the ball more than he does. The good news is he can catch it and he can go high and catch it, which is a big item. He's got a 41-inch vertical and he has long arms and if the ball is right, he should be an effective weapon. You combine that with his blocking, as we look ahead, I'm glad we've got him as we move on to where we're trying to get to as the season goes along."
    crazypjfan wrote:

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones was asked Friday morning on 105.3 FM about tight end Martellus Bennett, and if his next mistake will be his last on this team.

"Well no, it's not. We need him," Jones said. "He's doing an outstanding job in parts of what we're going to need as we go along."

Bennett, who will be a free agent after this season, has three dropped passes this season in a limited number of chances. His drop Sunday against Philadelphia turned into an interception when he tipped the ball into the air and allowed cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha to make a diving catch near the sideline.

Bennett's first drop of the season came in the end zone in the fourth quarter of the home opener against Washington. A catch would have given the Cowboys the lead at the time.

"Martellus certainly has the ability to be an outstanding receiver, but more importantly, he is a tremendous blocker," Jones said. "Martellus Bennett could be a tackle. He has real strong hands, long arms, has natural feet, the ability to reset and do all the things you want in a blocker. So we benefit from his work in there.

"No one wants to catch the ball more than he does. The good news is he can catch it and he can go high and catch it, which is a big item. He's got a 41-inch vertical and he has long arms and if the ball is right, he should be an effective weapon. You combine that with his blocking, as we look ahead, I'm glad we've got him as we move on to where we're trying to get to as the season goes along."

Phillips is a better TE...imo.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

Mistakes, mistakes and more mistakes and penalties...why challenge that play...seriuosly, did not look like he was down and Garrett has a tv timeout to determine that.

lukin2006 wrote:
    Mistakes, mistakes and more mistakes and penalties...why challenge that play...seriuosly, did not look like he was down and Garrett has a tv timeout to determine that.

Yeah, that was a bad challenge. I'm not sure it will matter, this Seahawks team is awful. They're 2-5, one of the worst ranked offenses in the league, and I'm not sure how their defense is ranked, but if I had to guess from watching, pretty bad too. The Cowboys should be up 21-0 right now if it weren't for their mistakes. Their offense is clicking, defense doing alright except for a dumb pass interference penalty. I have no doubt they'll win, unless they let these mistakes demoralize them. The crowd sounds demoralized, and the Cowboys have the lead.
    lukin2006 wrote:

Yeah, that was a bad challenge. I'm not sure it will matter, this Seahawks team is awful. They're 2-5, one of the worst ranked offenses in the league, and I'm not sure how their defense is ranked, but if I had to guess from watching, pretty bad too. The Cowboys should be up 21-0 right now if it weren't for their mistakes. Their offense is clicking, defense doing alright except for a dumb pass interference penalty. I have no doubt they'll win, unless they let these mistakes demoralize them. The crowd sounds demoralized, and the Cowboys have the lead.

Seattle's D is supposed to be good...3 members of secondary are 6' 3" and their run D was only allowing 3.2 yards per carry...you are right should be 21-0...red zone O sucks, has been ever since Garrett been there.

I wish they would hire an O Coordinator to call plays...they won't.

2 real bright spots of this season...finding a field goal kicker, and Murray. No way can they give Jones the starting job back, can they?

Run D looks very average without Lee...Brookings is too old.

lukin2006 wrote:

I'm surprised he's in. There was an article in the paper Friday saying he was going to get benched. Either they changed the mind or the person writing the article needs to get better sources.
    lukin2006 wrote:

I'm surprised he's in. There was an article in the paper Friday saying he was going to get benched. Either they changed the mind or the person writing the article needs to get better sources.

I'd like to see Carter...I thought today's game would be perfect...against Seattle!!!

I like Murray though...

crazypjfan wrote:

Has Bennet even been on the field today?

They run the ball so well in the first half...so far in 2nd half it seems like they abandon it. Murray only 13 carries through 3 quarters...unacceptable as far as I'm concerned!

Edit make that 14 carries.

A win is win
    -need to play better run D
    -red zone O is not good
    -penalties
    -mistakes
    -injuries are piling up...but many other teams have this problems.
    -bryant way to inconsistant

Positives
    -Murray...was solid again
    -Bailey looks like he has solved our kicking problems...release Beulhler already.
    -even the replacement punter was decent

If Austin is out for any length of time the O will struggle.

Still way more negatives than positives...imo, against a poor Seattle team.

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    lukin2006 wrote:
    A win is win
    -red zone O is not good
    -penalties
    -mistakes

Positives
    -Bailey looks like he has solved our kicking problems...release Beulhler already.

My mantra.....a win is a win, but you are correct....too many issues raised their heads during the game....I would say that the entire effort was inconsistent....but am I happy with a win? Hell Yeah!!! :twisted:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    tybird wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    A win is win
    -red zone O is not good
    -penalties
    -mistakes

Positives

My mantra.....a win is a win, but you are correct....too many issues raised their heads during the game....I would say that the entire effort was inconsistent....but am I happy with a win? Hell Yeah!!! :twisted:

I'll take the win...it shouldn't have been this difficult though. The Pats losing to the Giants sucked.

Dallas should win 3 of the next 4, maybe all 4...2 of their big nemesis from the skins won't be available, Moss and Cooley. So that should help. If they can get a win against Buffalo them maybe they can put together a winning streak.

We need Lee back...another week of Brookings will not do.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    this team doesn't look very good.
    www.myspace.com