Options

**********2018 DALLAS COWBOYS**********

Comments

• Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    THIS is why I hate the Dallas city government. They are the reason the Cowboys play in Arlington. They are the reason the Rangers play in Arlington. They are the reason the NASCAR track is in Ft. Worth. It is amazing they were able to convince Ross Perot to build that arena in Dallas to keep the Mavericks and Stars. They are a joke.

Basically the Mayor Pro-Tem (whatever the fuck that is) who no one has ever heard of does something that the mayor is supposed to do (giving away keys to the city) without the mayor's knowledge or permission and now the mayor has to go ask the city manager to clarify the rules. WTF?

Dallas is the largest city in the country with the City Council-Manager/Weak Mayor form of government and it makes no sense. This kind of stuff happens all the time and nothing ever gets accomplished. Dallas likes to pretend they are a big time city, but lacks the ability to get anything done.

Sorry, for the long rant, but that Vick story is Dallas' biggest problem in a nutshell.

Oh, and by the way Jeags. I am laughing with you on this one. What a complete joke.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,138
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Michael Vick gets key to Dallas

ESPNDallas.com

Dallas Mayor Pro Tem Dwaine Caraway gave the key to the city to Michael Vick, the quarterback for the rival Philadelphia Eagles, causing an uproar among animal rights activists Saturday.

In 2007, Vick was convicted of a felony related to a dogfighting ring and served 19 months in prison.

"The message and the kids are far greater than all this response about, 'Why give him the key to the city?'" Caraway told ESPNDallas on Monday afternoon. "He is telling kids and exchanging with them the rights and wrongs of the things that he did and encouraging kids to further their education and to not deal with the drugs. To obey their parents and pick the people they hang around.

"That's a message I would challenge anybody to say that not one kid across America shouldn't hear from people in notoriety such as Michael Vick."

Dallas Mayor Tom Leppert distanced himself from the action later Monday.

"The action taken was not sanctioned by my office and was not an official ceremonial honor on behalf of the City of Dallas," he said in a statement. "Official Keys to the City are presented by the Mayor, or an elected official designated by the Mayor, and reserved, on a limited basis, for an elected official of international status. Clearly, this was not the case in this situation and done without my knowledge or approval."

Local radio reporter Richard Hunter attended the event and filmed it. In the video, Hunter says that he actually adopted one of the dogs from Vick's home and he tries to speak with the Philadelphia quarterback at Saturday's event. Vick does not speak to him.

After serving his prison time, Vick was signed by the Eagles in 2009. This past season he was named NFL Comeback Player of the Year after making the Pro Bowl with the Eagles.

Caraway is a city council member and as Mayor Pro Tem serves the role that a vice-mayor would if Dallas had that office.

I'm all for redemption but in this case I have to say WHAT :?: ;)Come On, mann!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,541
    Flagg wrote:
    THIS is why I hate the Dallas city government. They are the reason the Cowboys play in Arlington. They are the reason the Rangers play in Arlington. They are the reason the NASCAR track is in Ft. Worth. It is amazing they were able to convince Ross Perot to build that arena in Dallas to keep the Mavericks and Stars. They are a joke.

Basically the Mayor Pro-Tem (whatever the fuck that is) who no one has ever heard of does something that the mayor is supposed to do (giving away keys to the city) without the mayor's knowledge or permission and now the mayor has to go ask the city manager to clarify the rules. WTF?

Dallas is the largest city in the country with the City Council-Manager/Weak Mayor form of government and it makes no sense. This kind of stuff happens all the time and nothing ever gets accomplished. Dallas likes to pretend they are a big time city, but lacks the ability to get anything done.

Sorry, for the long rant, but that Vick story is Dallas' biggest problem in a nutshell.

Oh, and by the way Jeags. I am laughing with you on this one. What a complete joke.

what is a pro-tem? i just assumed your mayor had an odd name or something....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Like a Vice Mayor.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    Dale Hansen (local sports anchor on channel 8) had the following to day about the Super Bowl debacle:

"Albert Einstein said three great forces rule the world: Stupidity, fear and greed and we had all three at Super Bowl XLV.

I've seen the NFL experience, and unless the Cowboys are playing, I'm not going to another one. But since I am 62... and Jerry's the general manager... I'm not going to another one."
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    I really like the hiring of Jimmy Robinson from GB. This could prove to be a key addition to our passing game.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news. ... 103C1995F3
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    crazypjfan wrote:
    I really like the hiring of Jimmy Robinson from GB. This could prove to be a key addition to our passing game.

I agree, I thought GB has a good a group of wide receivers as any team in the nfl.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

I agree, I thought GB has a good a group of wide receivers as any team in the nfl.

And it is nice that he worked with Jason Garrett in the past. Should help with the development of Bryant as well.
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

And it is nice that he worked with Jason Garrett in the past. Should help with the development of Bryant as well.
    This is true. I also like the hiring or potential hiring of the strength and conditioning coach from NE. Plus both these guys bring winning attitudes with them which helps. So far Jones seems to be letting Jason make the decisions. I just hope come Draft day and the FA period the same holds true. I think with this new wide receiver coach I might be inclined to give Williams 1 more year, at a reduced salary as the 3rd WR.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    Flagg wrote:
    Dale Hansen (local sports anchor on channel 8) had the following to day about the Super Bowl debacle:

"Albert Einstein said three great forces rule the world: Stupidity, fear and greed and we had all three at Super Bowl XLV.

I've seen the NFL experience, and unless the Cowboys are playing, I'm not going to another one. But since I am 62... and Jerry's the general manager... I'm not going to another one."

I've never been interested in going to a super bowl, live across from Detroit and they hosted 2. Just seems to busy and many hassle's and major $$$$.

Now the local sports radio here has said Dallas will likely get another SB. The guys from here who went praised the city and the stadium and sounded like they had a really good time. They also said the NFL likes money, the allure of playing in stadiums that can seat almost 100,000 is probably to much to pass over.

I know I enjoyed the game.

• Options
    discuss.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/ne ... id=6296430
    Martellus Bennett high on Jon Kitna

By Tim MacMahon
    ESPNDallas.com
    At least one member of the Dallas Cowboys hopes three-time Pro Bowl quarterback Tony Romo has to earn the right to retain his starting job.

The Cowboys went 1-5 when Romo started last season. They won four of nine games started by 38-year-old backup Jon Kitna after Romo suffered a broken collarbone, including a stretch of three wins in four games immediately after head coach Wade Phillips was fired and replaced by offensive coordinator Jason Garrett.

"I loved playing with Kitna," tight end Martellus Bennett said during a Tuesday appearance on ESPN 103.3's Ben & Skin Show. "Kitna is one of my favorite people to play with. Just being out there on the field with that guy just makes you play even harder. He made some things happen in limited time, so I think if he got a longer chance, he'd be able to do more.

"I hope there's a chance for a quarterback competition this year. Every position, I think we need to put more competition into it."

Bennett, who has 68 catches for 702 yards and four touchdowns in three seasons since the Cowboys drafted him out of Texas A&M with a second-round pick, added that he thought Romo was "awesome."

Bennett isn't the first Dallas offensive player to suggest that Kitna could compete with Romo if given the chance. On the night Romo was injured, receiver Roy Williams declared that Kitna "is just as good," a point Williams reiterated on a few occasions.

However, Dallas' decision-makers have no plans for a quarterback competition. Owner/general manager Jerry Jones has made it very clear that he's committed to Romo, who has three seasons remaining on a six-year, $67.4 million contract, as the Cowboys' franchise quarterback for the foreseeable future.

Romo has a 39-22 record as the Cowboys' starter during the regular season, having thrown for 16,650 yards and 118 touchdowns and setting franchise records for yards and touchdown passes in a season. Green Bay's Aaron Rodgers, San Diego's Philip Rivers and Hall of Famer Steve Young are the only quarterbacks with better career passer ratings than Romo's 95.5.

Kitna embraces his role as Romo's backup. Kitna, a former starter for the Seahawks, Bengals and Lions, threw for 2,365 yards and 16 touchdowns with a passer rating of 88.9 last season.

"[Romo] understands that my role here is to support him and to serve him the best way that I can," Kitna said during the season. "There's no awkwardness at all. He understands that, and more importantly, I understand that. That's my job."
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    the dez bryant shit is even funnier. never saw that one coming :? :? . that dude will be in jail within three years. book it
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    the dez bryant shit is even funnier. never saw that one coming :? :? . that dude will be in jail within three years. book it

true. then again, who amongst us isn't in debt to his jewler for 250 grand? :lol::lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Circle the Dates
    'Boys Open At Jets, One Of Six National TV Games
    -Rob Phillips

2011 SCHEDULE

IRVING, Texas - Put "Rob vs. Rex" in Broadway lights.

The Cowboys' 2011 regular season (barring a labor stoppage) will open Sept. 11 on NBC Sunday Night Football in New York, pitting new head coach Jason Garrett and defensive coordinator Rob Ryan against Rob's twin brother, Rex, and the Jets - one of six nationally-televised games for Dallas.

Although the current NFL lockout could threaten the start of the 2011 season, the league on Tuesday released the full schedules for all 32 teams. The Cowboys, third-place finishers in the NFC East at 6-10 a year ago, are tied for the 15th-toughest schedule -- calculated and ranked based on their opponents' combined 2010 winning percentage (.504).

The Cowboys will play only seven games against teams with 2010 winning records: the Patriots (14-2), Jets (11-5), Eagles twice (10-6), Giants twice (10-6) and Buccaneers (10-6).

In addition to six division games against each other, the NFC East (Cowboys, Eagles, Giants and Redskins) will play the eight teams from the AFC East (Bills, Dolphins, Jets, Patriots) and NFC West (49ers, Cardinals, Rams, Seahawks). The Cowboys' remaining two opponents are fellow third-place teams from the NFC South (Buccaneers) and NFC North (Lions).

The prime-time opener in New York marks the seventh time in the last eight seasons that the Cowboys have started on the road. They open the season with back-to-back road games for the first time since 1997, and only the 11th time in club history.

The Cowboys' Sept. 26 home opener against the Redskins - their lone Monday Night Football appearance - marks the latest date for a home opener in a 16-game season in club history.

Their four other national TV games include two more Sunday Night Football tilts (Oct. 30 at the Eagles and Dec. 11 at the Giants), the annual Thanksgiving Day game against the Dolphins at Cowboys Stadium and an NFL Network game at the Bucs on Dec. 17.

Here's a game-by-game look at the Cowboys' 2011 regular-season schedule:

at NY Jets (Sept. 11) The 10th anniversary of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks in New York will surely provide an emotional backdrop. The Cowboys must counteract the Jets' defense, which has finished first (2009) and third (2010) in Rex Ryan's first two seasons. 2010 Record: 11-5

at San Francisco (Sept. 18) The '90s rivalry has yet to be renewed - only five clashes since 2000, and none in the playoffs. 2010 Record: 6-10

vs. Washington (Sept. 26) The Redskins' quarterback probably won't be Rex Grossman on their next trip to Dallas. Then again, it won't be Donovan McNabb either. 2010 Record: 6-10

vs. Detroit (Oct. 2) The teams' ninth meeting in the last 11 seasons; the Cowboys are 5-3 in that stretch. The Lions are improving but need a healthy Matthew Stafford. 2010 Record: 6-10

Bye (Oct. 9)

at New England (Oct. 16) Only the 11th all-time meeting and the third against Tom Brady. The Pats are 66-12 at home since 2001. 2010 Record: 14-2

vs. St. Louis (Oct. 23) This is the fourth game against the resurgent Rams in the last six seasons, but only the fifth meeting since 1992. The most recent, of course, was an embarrassing road loss in 2008 to, as Pacman put it, "the Rams, dude." 2010 Result: 7-9

at Philadelphia (Oct. 30) For the first time since 2008, the Cowboys' regular season won't end against the Eagles. 2010 Record: 10-6

vs. Seattle (Nov. 6) The Seahawks won one more game than the Cowboys last season, but somehow got to the NFC Divisional Round via a pitiful NFC West and a Wild Card upset of the Super Bowl champion Saints. 2010 Record: 7-9

vs. Buffalo (Nov. 13) Chan Gailey's group could get a boost from this year's No. 3 overall pick, but there's a long way to go. Only the Lions and Bills haven't made the playoffs since 2000. 2010 Record: 4-12

at Washington (Nov. 20) Blame last year's loss at FedEx Field on Alex Barron's holding penalty, but the Cowboys made too many mistakes before the final play - a precursor to the entire season. 2010 Record: 6-10

vs. Miami (Nov. 24) The Dolphins still have deep Cowboys ties, starting with head coach Tony Sparano and general manager Jeff Ireland, but Big Bill no longer leads the brain trust. 2010 Record: 7-9

at Arizona (Dec. 4) Almost feels like Arizona is still an NFC East foe. This will be the seventh meeting since the Cards flew to the NFC West in 2002. The Cowboys have dropped two straight in Glendale. 2010 Record: 5-11

vs. NY Giants (Dec. 11) Things were bad before the Giants' Oct. 25 visit to Cowboys Stadium, but Tony Romo's fractured collarbone plunged a disappointing season to new depths. 2010 Record: 10-6

at Tampa Bay (Dec. 17) New head coach Raheem Morris has the Bucs on the rise. 2010 Record: 10-6

vs. Philadelphia (Dec. 24) The Cowboys beat up Michael Vick last time, but they still couldn't stop him. 2010 Record: 10-6

at NY Giants (Jan. 1, 2012) Jason Garrett's head coaching debut in the Meadowlands last November was a success. 2010 Record: 10-6
  • Options
    So, I guess we can start the draft talk a little bit even though it is going to be hard to get excited because of the nonsense going on :roll:

I am thinking the 'Boys take a CB or O-Lineman. I would prefer if they were to get a solid cb, most likely Amukamara. WIll Tyron Smith be available? Will we trade a 3rd round pick to move up a few spots to get what we need? It seems like Dallas loves ditching that 3rd round pick over the years :lol:

What do you guys think?
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:
    So, I guess we can start the draft talk a little bit even though it is going to be hard to get excited because of the nonsense going on :roll:

I am thinking the 'Boys take a CB or O-Lineman. I would prefer if they were to get a solid cb, most likely Amukamara. WIll Tyron Smith be available? Will we trade a 3rd round pick to move up a few spots to get what we need? It seems like Dallas loves ditching that 3rd round pick over the years :lol:

What do you guys think?

remember all the shit talking we had this time last year? :lol: i've barely even thought about the draft this this time around.

i only hope something happens today and the eagles are able to trade kolb tonight....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:

What do you guys think?

remember all the shit talking we had this time last year? :lol: i've barely even thought about the draft this this time around.

i only hope something happens today and the eagles are able to trade kolb tonight....

They'll probably trade him...and as usual they'll draft well...as for the cowboys, I expect the same might get a good players in the early rounds but will most likely miss in the later rounds.

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

What do you guys think?

They'll probably trade him...and as usual they'll draft well...as for the cowboys, I expect the same might get a good players in the early rounds but will most likely miss in the later rounds.

well they cannot trade him yet. the nfl is appealing the stay in the 8th circuit. if they don't or cannot trade him for draft choices tonight, the eagles are probably screwed and resigned to keeping him this year and letting him walk with nothing in return next year.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    discuss.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/ne ... id=6296430
    Martellus Bennett high on Jon Kitna

By Tim MacMahon
    ESPNDallas.com
    At least one member of the Dallas Cowboys hopes three-time Pro Bowl quarterback Tony Romo has to earn the right to retain his starting job.

The Cowboys went 1-5 when Romo started last season. They won four of nine games started by 38-year-old backup Jon Kitna after Romo suffered a broken collarbone, including a stretch of three wins in four games immediately after head coach Wade Phillips was fired and replaced by offensive coordinator Jason Garrett.

"I loved playing with Kitna," tight end Martellus Bennett said during a Tuesday appearance on ESPN 103.3's Ben & Skin Show. "Kitna is one of my favorite people to play with. Just being out there on the field with that guy just makes you play even harder. He made some things happen in limited time, so I think if he got a longer chance, he'd be able to do more.

"I hope there's a chance for a quarterback competition this year. Every position, I think we need to put more competition into it."

Bennett, who has 68 catches for 702 yards and four touchdowns in three seasons since the Cowboys drafted him out of Texas A&M with a second-round pick, added that he thought Romo was "awesome."

Bennett isn't the first Dallas offensive player to suggest that Kitna could compete with Romo if given the chance. On the night Romo was injured, receiver Roy Williams declared that Kitna "is just as good," a point Williams reiterated on a few occasions.

However, Dallas' decision-makers have no plans for a quarterback competition. Owner/general manager Jerry Jones has made it very clear that he's committed to Romo, who has three seasons remaining on a six-year, $67.4 million contract, as the Cowboys' franchise quarterback for the foreseeable future.

Romo has a 39-22 record as the Cowboys' starter during the regular season, having thrown for 16,650 yards and 118 touchdowns and setting franchise records for yards and touchdown passes in a season. Green Bay's Aaron Rodgers, San Diego's Philip Rivers and Hall of Famer Steve Young are the only quarterbacks with better career passer ratings than Romo's 95.5.

Kitna embraces his role as Romo's backup. Kitna, a former starter for the Seahawks, Bengals and Lions, threw for 2,365 yards and 16 touchdowns with a passer rating of 88.9 last season.

"[Romo] understands that my role here is to support him and to serve him the best way that I can," Kitna said during the season. "There's no awkwardness at all. He understands that, and more importantly, I understand that. That's my job."

Totally agree with him...every job on the football team should be open for competition. In fairness to Romo...I thought the team played much harder for Garrett. Romo has also been know to have really good camps...so I suspect he would win the job anyways. Based on last years camp Bennett would have lost his job to Phillips and I doubt any of the current TE will supplant Witten.

The Cowboys problems aren't at camp anyways...if they don't start drafting better they won't get better...they got to quit overpaying for under performing players, ie Williams, Barber and so on.

• Options
    I'll be honest I haven't been following all the legal mumbo jumbo with the lock out...thanks for clearing that up.

Would they release him to save money if their is a cap? What about at the deadline? If their is a season.

• Options

Yeah, I miss that for sure! It's a weird feeling this time around.

Anyway, I hope you get stuck with Kolb and can't deal him for anything decent! :lol::lol:
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    I'll be honest I haven't been following all the legal mumbo jumbo with the lock out...thanks for clearing that up.

Would they release him to save money if their is a cap? What about at the deadline? If their is a season.

no they wouldn't release him. if they can't trade him, he's a valuable back to vick who can easily get hurt.

from what i've read, if the lockout is determined to remain lifted they will operate under last year's rules for this year meaning there won't be a cap again anyway.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    from what i've read, if the lockout is determined to remain lifted they will operate under last year's rules for this year meaning there won't be a cap again anyway.

So, as of right now, they would play games if the NFL's appeal is denied?

I haven't followed the details of the situation in that much depth.
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:

yes. if this last appeal is not granted and the nfl doesn't operate as business as usual, they'd be held in contempt (i think that's the term) for not following the judge's order. they could also be brought up on charges of collusion like mlb back in the 80's.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

no they wouldn't release him. if they can't trade him, he's a valuable back to vick who can easily get hurt.

Wow...didn't realize that...so it could be business as usual...interesting.

• Options
    crazypjfan wrote:

yes. if this last appeal is not granted and the nfl doesn't operate as business as usual, they'd be held in contempt (i think that's the term) for not following the judge's order. they could also be brought up on charges of collusion like mlb back in the 80's.

Interesting...
  • Options
    Cowboys select USC OT Tyron Smith with ninth overall pick

The Cowboys used the ninth overall pick of the NFL Draft to select USC offensive tackle Tyron Smith on Thursday.

It's the first time the Cowboys have taken an offensive lineman in the first round since 1981 when they drafted Howard Richards with the 26th pick.

Smith, 20, is 6-5 and weighs 307 pounds. A junior, he was an early entrant in the draft after starting the final 24 games he appeared in during his college career.

Smith has a long wingspan and wowed the Cowboys staff at the USC's pro day, where he leaped 29 inches in the vertical jump, completed the short shuttle in 4.68 seconds, and did 31 reps on the 225-pound bench press. He is viewed as an athletic player who has upside and the potential to develop into a top-flight tackle.

Earlier in the day, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said that the team was "looking, certainly, at helping our offensive line."

Apparently, their eyes were set on Smith.

--- I am happy with this pick. It's about time they realized that games are won and lost in the trenches and you need a solid O-line.

I am thinking S or Cb with their first pick tonight, unless Jerry decides to step in and screw it up! :lol:
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    i am very unhappy, very unhappy. i wanted prince or if jerry was gonna take a T, he shoulda traded back and taking costanzo . hopefully jerry drafts a CB today and 1 more tomorrow along with a S.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    again right position wrong player and again when is jerry gonna draft DB's
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276