the lottery is crap, ten club bullshit!

Comments

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,831
    CJMST3K wrote:

I just believe that "winning" the lottery shouldn't push people back. Or, if this is a new policy for TC members, just tell us. We can handle the truth.
    thats what Im saying
    the long time member didnt get pushed back to row 10-with his number, he can only get front row I am guessing.
    Although, we will never know the member number the person that got pushed back to row 10.
    But row ten is still a lottery winner.

I would guess that the 10c doesnt have much flexibility when it comes to the lottery seats-question is what would they have done if they didnt have a spare set of first row tickets lying around?

EDIT: and I think a lot of people are missing the point (or maybe I am)
    the OP is upset that someone got bumped from front row back to tenth so the lower number member (his buddy) could sit in the front row. He is saying his buddy should have been third row instead (which I think is wrong if he won the lottery and had a such a low number). I guess its the manipulation of the tickets at the window that bothers him-10c should have this all sorted out before the ticket windows open-switching tickets raises all sorts of other questions.

but thats just masturbatory speculation on my part ;)

anyway...
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    KO282453 wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:
    I guess what it boils down to is it would be nice to have clarification of the TC policies. No?

Bingo :mrgreen: :::holding my breath::: :lol:

+1
  • B-RyeB-Rye Posts: 130
    Get_Right wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:

EDIT: and I think a lot of people are missing the point (or maybe I am)
    the OP is upset that someone got bumped from front row back to tenth so the lower number member (his buddy) could sit in the front row. He is saying his buddy should have been third row instead (which I think is wrong if he won the lottery and had a such a low number). I guess its the manipulation of the tickets at the window that bothers him-10c should have this all sorted out before the ticket windows open.

but thats just masturbatory speculation on my part ;)

anyway...

That's the read I get too...but it's all speculative on our parts. We don't know if they had extra sets of tickets set aside for a problem such as this, if they realized their error and fixed it, or if another 10c'er that should have been 1st row with a lottery win got pushed back to 10th row.

Btw, what is masturbatory speculation exactly? I would google it but I'm at work and I'm afraid of what I'll see
  • sweet adelinesweet adeline Posts: 2,191
    so the secret to getting a front row seat is to complain to the people handing out tickets by saying that "i am always in the front row, i should be there for this show too."?

i'll be sure to try that next time ;)
  • pjtaper wrote:
    a friend gets front row, without the lottery, at EVERY SHOW, because he joined the 10C early, and he deserves to be there... got his tickets last night, 10th row... not third, where he should have been, because he "won" the lottery, as in 10th row... or 9th, 1st, or 2nd. they are lottery rows...
    What did the 10C do? Took tickets out of a front row lottery winner's envelope who didn't show up before us, it was maybe 5PM at the latest, switched the seats, my buddy got front row. He should have gotten third, not another fan's lottery winning ticket.
    MY FRIEND DID NOTHING WRONG, he offered his tickets to everyone, realizing how messed up it was...

thanks for all the hatred in your posts, time to email the 10C, I won't respond IN THIS thread anymore, too much hatred from 10C ass kissers.

Well, look at it this way. What SHOULD they have done?

Wouldn't moving him to row 3 have caused some kind of big fucking chain reaction? Like bumping someone in 3 back further, and so on and so on?

They probably don't know EXACTLY where everyone is sitting anyway. I'd imagine that the 10C gives them a box of envelopes for regular seats, 1-2, and 9-10 that's alphabetized if they were able to give him row 1 seats instead. In all likelihood, the guy that got bumped from row 1 to row 10 was shitting bricks and HAVING THE TIME OF HIS LIFE because he'd never even been that close before. See no evil hear no evil. I'm sure that's what the ticket person thought when they swapped them.

I'm not saying it was your friend's fault that someone else got screwed, but if I was the one graced with the PRIVILAGE of always being that close to the stage show after show because of seniority I would have just accepted the 10th row seats, knowing that someone else who probably has a really shitty number is enjoying the show more then they ever could have hoped for before. So he didn't add to his McCready pick collection this time, or share wine with Ed, but he was still in WAY better seats than anyone with a 448XXX number that is sitting in the far back of the floor or the 300s at a show like Chicago 1 in 09.

I got 9th row center at Portland last year on my birthday. It was an AMAZING experience to me, and probably the best birthday present I could have ever asked for. I'm expecting to be back in row 25+ or back on the side in the 2nd section lower rows like normal with my 245XXX # at the Indy and Cleveland shows. I'm happy I got that opportunity JUST ONCE.
    I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    CJMST3K wrote:
    I just believe that "winning" the lottery shouldn't push people back. Or, if this is a new policy for TC members, just tell us. We can handle the truth.

it's been my understanding that everyone regardless of number is eligible for rows 1 & 2...if your # would normally get you 1 or 2 you are then assigned in rows 3-8 by seniority...rows 9 & 10 are lottery for people that normally get rows 10+

it seems like in tapers friend case, he was mistakenly assigned to row 10 where he should have been row 3...he complained and the box office called 10c and they rectified the situation

as for the 'shady' part of giving someone else lottery tix, it sounds like the wrong tickets were put in the low number member envelope and the higher # member was supposed to receive row 10 all along so 10c told the box office to switch them

but thats just masturbatory speculation on get_right's part ;) :P
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    My apologies if I misunderstood the issue at hand earlier.

One question, and further apologies if this has already been asked: Your friend who "offered his tickets to everyone, realizing how messed up it was", was he unable to find a taker for them? No one wanted front row? Really?

I do find that part hard to believe.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Nittany1bnNittany1bn Posts: 214
    here's a better lottery idea...randomly assign NEW numbers to everybody. "I have been a member so long i should get to towel off ed's face when he gets too sweaty, this is my 250th show and i can't believe some guy who payed EXACTLY the same amount of money as me could be so close to my greatness!" someone bitching about getting 10th row instead of 3rd? what if 10c didn't have access to the third row for that show? so the only choice is 1-2 or 9-10? they don't get to choose from every seat in the house at every show. Randomly allocate new numbers to everyone for a tour...every good seat will be a lottery winner. i have a high nuber because i never knew about the 10 club ticket presales, i've been going to see them since '96 but i only joined up in 2006. my 10 club tickets heve gotten better every tour and mostly i'm just happy to be in the show and happy to get a shot at tickets before the public ticketmaster sale. anytime somebody isn't happy with 10th row they can call me up and i'll trade them my halfway back-halfway up tickets, anytime
  • wnh1977wnh1977 Posts: 618
    I have a member # of 148xxx. I was lucky enough to win the lottery for Kansas City, sit in the 1st row and even had Eddie pour a big swoosh of red wine into my cup. I, for one, do not think the lottery is crap!

I'm not sure why somebody would claim the lottery is bullshit. It seemed very, very fair to me... and that's not just because I won. From what I could tell, it was a mix of old and new up there.

By the way, my member # scored me Row 8 (Stone's side) for St. Louis.
    1998: 6/26, 6/27, 6/29
    2000: 8/15, 8/18, 10/9, 10/11, 10/12
    2003: 6/18, 6/21, 6/22
    2005: 9/9, 9/28
    2006: 5/16, 5/17, 6/26, 6/27
    2007: 8/5
    2009: 8/23, 8/24
    2010: 5/3, 5/4, 5/21
    2011: 9/3, 9/4, 9/11, 9/12
    2013: 7/19, 11/16
    2014: 10/3, 10/9, 10/12, 10/17
    2016: 4/16, 8/20, 8/22
    2018: 8/18, 8/20, 9/2
    2022: 9/18
    2023: 8/31, 9/2, 9/5
    2024: 5/18, 6/29
    Masturbatory speculation
    means, Im just yanking my chain speculating on someone else's issue when I wasnt there and dont really know what went down-beyond what is posted.

:mrgreen:
  • traveljunkietraveljunkie Posts: 663
    MG79478 wrote:
    For the original topic, I don't think we can assume that the tickets were taken from another member, they could have been from the band's allotment of seats.

This sounds the most logical to me. Otherwise, wouldn't many envelopes have had to be sifted through in order to find a pair in the front row?

I see that there are still many pages left in this thread that I've yet to read and by now maybe this is all sorted out! :lol::lol:
    “I worked really hard on this set. I just told you we’re gonna have a great night, so I don’t need any fuckin’ help from anybody.” EV, 7/2/09
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,232
    Get_Right wrote:
    Masturbatory speculation
    means, Im just yanking my chain speculating on someone else's issue when I wasnt there and dont really know what went down-beyond what is posted.

I should be ok for Hartford & Newark :) ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • hinsey21hinsey21 Posts: 583
    wnh1977 wrote:
    I have a member # of 148xxx. I was lucky enough to win the lottery for Kansas City, sit in the 1st row and even had Eddie pour a big swoosh of red wine into my cup. .

that is pretty awesome
    Get_Right wrote:
    Masturbatory speculation

I should be ok for Hartford & Newark :) ..
    cant wait

no speculation there :lol:
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    norm wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:

it's been my understanding that everyone regardless of number is eligible for rows 1 & 2...if your # would normally get you 1 or 2 you are then assigned in rows 3-8 by seniority...rows 9 & 10 are lottery for people that normally get rows 10+

it seems like in tapers friend case, he was mistakenly assigned to row 10 where he should have been row 3...he complained and the box office called 10c and they rectified the situation

as for the 'shady' part of giving someone else lottery tix, it sounds like the wrong tickets were put in the low number member envelope and the higher # member was supposed to receive row 10 all along so 10c told the box office to switch them

I may have misunderstood what happened to who.

...though I thought that some people from the 300xxx have gotten first two rows too. no?

And be careful how much "speculating" you're doing. You'll grow hair on your palms!
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • mavimavi Posts: 941
    :yawn:
    "He who hears music, feels his solitude peopled at once" R. Browning
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    CJMST3K wrote:
    norm wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:

...though I thought that some people from the 300xxx have gotten first two rows too. no?

read again chris "everyone regardless of number is eligible for rows 1 & 2"...i'm 327 and got front row

CJMST3K wrote:
    And be careful how much "speculating" you're doing. You'll grow hair on your palms!

it's the blindness i'm worried about :shock:
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,903
    norm wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:
    norm wrote:

read again chris "everyone regardless of number is eligible for rows 1 & 2"...i'm 327 and got front row

CJMST3K wrote:

just ask BD!!!!!! :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    NO MATTER WHAT VENUE WHAT CLUB WHAT SITE ...TICKETS ARE ALWAYS ALITTLE FISHY

the powers that be in the box office will always do whatever they want in any situation

ITS LIFE DEAL WITH IT
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    norm wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:
    norm wrote:

CJMST3K wrote:

gotcha... i misread what you wrote. I think the way you described it is how I understood it to begin with.

...and by now you are one blind and hairy man. :lol:
    10C could print our names/numbers onto sticky labels and when putting them into their respective envelopes, sticky the back of one ticket with the label. This way the tickets that go into the envelope that has our name/number on it will have something inside with our name/number on it. There ends the issue of To Seal or Not To Seal.

I swear that makes perfect sense in my head.
    “I worked really hard on this set. I just told you we’re gonna have a great night, so I don’t need any fuckin’ help from anybody.” EV, 7/2/09
    Wish I Was wrote:
    10C could print our names/numbers onto sticky labels and when putting them into their respective envelopes, sticky the back of one ticket with the label. This way the tickets that go into the envelope that has our name/number on it will have something inside with our name/number on it. There ends the issue of To Seal or Not To Seal.

BUT YOU'RE NOT THE BOX OFFICE...PERIOD
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Wish I Was wrote:

Why are you yelling at me?
    Wish I Was wrote:

His idea actually makes a lot of sense, except they would have to pay money to have an additional staff person handle just the stickering the tickets, since that's not as easy as it sounds. However I DO like the idea. :)

One day I hope PJ can do what the Grateful Dead used to do, and print their own decorative tickets. GD's used to have raised printing with glitter ink and everything.
    Wish I Was wrote:
    Wish I Was wrote:

Why are you yelling at me?

sorry to lazy to take caps off :mrgreen: not yelling
    CJMST3K wrote:
    Wish I Was wrote:

His idea actually makes a lot of sense, except they would have to pay money to have an additional staff person handle just the stickering the tickets, since that's not as easy as it sounds. However I DO like the idea. :)

One day I hope PJ can do what the Grateful Dead used to do, and print their own decorative tickets. GD's used to have raised printing with glitter ink and everything.

dude u worked there and i know many people there (MSG)

the box office does what it wants ...even with 10c tickets

nothing anyone can do about it

im pretty sure most venues are like this

nobody is telling the arena box office how to do things
    CJMST3K wrote:

ahhhhhh sparkly tickets! Talk about suspicious ticket allocations!

In addition to administrative work-the current system of allocation the tickets does not appear to take into consideration the occasional low number member that wins the 10th row lottery!
    Sticky the tickets and they wouldnt be able to correct the problem.

dude u worked there and i know many people there (MSG)

the box office does what it wants ...even with 10c tickets

nothing anyone can do about it

im pretty sure most venues are like this

nobody is telling the arena box office how to do things

Yup. MSG even has an (invisible) do not cross point in the box office to keep tour and promoter staff at least 20 paces away from the windows. Between that and the "no closed envelope" policy, its a different world in THAT box office.

But that aside, stickers on the back of ticket pairs, while completely labor intensive, would solve the issue since there is virtually no possibility for fraud once the sticker is on there.

Of course, the band could just rent space at the Pennsylvania Hotel and hand out tickets there across the street from the venue, if they really wanted to lock-down... but I don't know if that's necessary.
  • tacettacet Posts: 323
    Sit in the first row every show - less chance of you sitting next to me.
    I prefer to be surrounded by positive energy at a show.
    Then again this whole post is negatively charged but in a positive way.
    we're all sentient snowflakes
    (posting this in here, since it's relevant)

AmyMoore wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:
    AmyMoore wrote:
    Virginia Beach 2008 people with numbers very close to mine were in the 4th and 5th row.
    My seats were in the 10th row.

What number are you?

106###.

You indeed got pushed back. My number is not as good as yours, and I was 6 rows in front of you.

This seems to confirm that "winning" the lottery can move you backwards. :?
This discussion has been closed.