the lottery is crap, ten club bullshit!

Comments

• tbhooptietbhooptie Posts: 137
    Why not just let us know... you can post what you saw and save another 10c member from potentially being victim to some shady actions! I understand waiting to allow him to tell us... but that is like witholding valuable info that may save someone else's day...
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,444
    Ok taper, you are awake....

Lets hear it!!!!
    What the fuck happened?????
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    a friend gets front row, without the lottery, at EVERY SHOW, because he joined the 10C early, and he deserves to be there... got his tickets last night, 10th row... not third, where he should have been, because he "won" the lottery, as in 10th row... or 9th, 1st, or 2nd. they are lottery rows...
    What did the 10C do? Took tickets out of a front row lottery winner's envelope who didn't show up before us, it was maybe 5PM at the latest, switched the seats, my buddy got front row. He should have gotten third, not another fan's lottery winning ticket.
    MY FRIEND DID NOTHING WRONG, he offered his tickets to everyone, realizing how messed up it was...

thanks for all the hatred in your posts, time to email the 10C, I won't respond IN THIS thread anymore, too much hatred from 10C ass kissers.
    iwasthere wrote:
    Last I heard, Taper was going to be pulling an all nighter before an early morning flight, so it may be a few more hours before you here from him. Since there is this entire thread, I will let him tell the story, but I will say this. I was there yesterday when the incident that caused this thread happened. It is of my opinion as well, that he has a valid point here. Also, he was able to get great seats. I was able to get great seats. I am very happy about it and for the most part I love 10c. There was an incident last night though, during ticket distribution, that appeared to be shady at best.
    thanks bud!
    yeah, I got great seats, we all get great seats, I love the 10C, but they shouldn't be giving away front row seats :!:
    pjtaper wrote:
    a friend gets front row, without the lottery, at EVERY SHOW, because he joined the 10C early, and he deserves to be there... got his tickets last night, 10th row... not third, where he should have been, because he "won" the lottery, as in 10th row... or 9th, 1st, or 2nd. they are lottery rows...
    What did the 10C do? Took tickets out of a front row lottery winner's envelope who didn't show up before us, it was maybe 5PM at the latest, switched the seats, my buddy got front row. He should have gotten third, not another fan's lottery winning ticket.
    MY FRIEND DID NOTHING WRONG, he offered his tickets to everyone, realizing how messed up it was...

thanks for all the hatred in your posts, time to email the 10C, I won't respond IN THIS thread anymore, too much hatred from 10C ass kissers.

Yeah, that is pretty shady!!! I feel bad for the guy / gal that SHOULD have gotten the 1st Row seats...
  • 4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,224
    pjtaper wrote:

so it looks like your friend hit lotto for the 10th row and someone else hit and got 1st row. But because your friend always gets first row he complained and they switched the tix with another lotto winner (who for all we know could have a 400,XXX number) ? What is the problem? If your friend who always gets to sit up close could have just dealt with being 20 feet further away from the stage for one show , someone else could have had their one chance to sit front row.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• MC1173MC1173 Posts: 12
    I also found it interesting that someone who would normally sit it rows 3 to 8 (due to a very low membership number), could "win" the lottery and be sent back to row 9 or 10. I would have just assumed that if the lottery pick downgraded your seat, they would just pick someone else instead.

Although I find it odd, I'm not complaining too much. Overall it must be hard work to set all these tickets up for fans, and I'm glad the Ten Club does this service.
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    pjtaper wrote:

As far as lottery pushing people back, this goes to the heart of the question that has been asked many times.
    LOTTERY CAN PUSH PEOPLE BACK!!??

This question was asked in this thread, and it certainly is now answered.
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=127932

As far as them taking the tickets from another envelope, did you see them open other envelopes? Some clarification would help.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,679
    The annual taper scandal. Buddy was upset about being in 10th row instead of 3rd. So to accomodate someone got 10th row instead of 1st and were probably happay as can be. Scandalous indeed!

SHOW COUNT: (157) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=97, US=116, CAN=15, Europe=20 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    I'm confused, who shot who?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    I guess your buddy must have complained vehemently and demanded his 'due' for the ticket people to seem to swap tickets. If you have WITNESSED without doubt the change (and are sure these were some other fan's tickets, not 'spares'), then this should be taken up with 10C.
    For some people.. 10th row is just not good enough...

VERY SAD

Shady, yes that they did that.. but at the same time to complain about being in 10th row when you WANTED 3rd.. meanwhile the remaining 90% of the 10c is beyond Row 10... now thats the epitome of being a whiner in my book!!! I will be pumped if I get halfway up in the pavilian seating area of a venue...

"I got 10th row... I refuse..." thats like Paris Hilton complaining that a 3 carat diamond isnt big enough... she wants a 5 carat!!!
    this thread is pathetic. you are complaining about where in the first 10 rows you are sitting ??? Really? Maybe if we keep complaining 10club will stop doing tickets and we can all battle the scalpers on ticketmaster.

be grateful you get to sit that close EVERY show. at the next show turn around and look at the nosebleeds and realize how fortunate you are.

• BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    edited May 2010
    MC1173 wrote:
    I also found it interesting that someone who would normally sit it rows 3 to 8 (due to a very low membership number), could "win" the lottery and be sent back to row 9 or 10. I would have just assumed that if the lottery pick downgraded your seat, they would just pick someone else instead.

Untrue. (At least previously untrue...this may have been a glitch)
    Post edited by BinFrog on
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    Does not compute.

So he was 'downgraded' to 10th row (never been that close in more than a dozen shows personally).
    He must have complained for them to do something drastic like switch the tickets and give him front row. Then he thought it was BS and unjust and "tried" to give the 1st row tickets away?
  • bry321f11bry321f11 Posts: 326
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Has anyone figured the odds of winning the lottery:

Does this make sense?

15,000 capacity = 1,500 10C Seats

36 seats per row x 4 rows = 144 Seats total for rows 1,2,9 & 10

144/1500 = 9.6% chance of hitting the lottery.
    i need u to come and fix Greek Economy

hahahahha
  • Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,342
    I haven't been this let down since they rolled out the Segway.
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
    This is not the most likely scenario, but worth discussion.

If someone was going to a show where it has a low number of TC sold, or it's a venue that has very few TC members going for whatever reason, and you are 282xxx. In that venue, your normal 282xxx seniority would put you in lets say row 5 and your other friends who are 291xxx are all sitting in row 5 too. When you get tickets and they are row 10. I wouldn't be surprised if people ask the box office if the lottery pushed them back, regardless of their number, especially if others with higher numbers are sitting rows closer.

It would be nice to get TC's confirmation whether the lottery pushes people back or not.

I'm not going to judge members based on where their seniority normally places them. I'm just curious about the policy itself.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    4Powers20 wrote:
    this thread is pathetic. you are complaining about where in the first 10 rows you are sitting ??? Really? Maybe if we keep complaining 10club will stop doing tickets and we can all battle the scalpers on ticketmaster.

be grateful you get to sit that close EVERY show. at the next show turn around and look at the nosebleeds and realize how fortunate you are.

That is not what this thread is about, it's about false advertising if you imply a rows 1,2,9,10 are a lottery 10 Club upgrade, then make it so. Random allocation = bullshit lawyer talk for cover OUR ASS for doing what ever the F we want.
  • ElzarElzar Posts: 966
    this ticket swapping business has happened before ....to me......twice at least....i'm 90% sure

this would all be solved if they just print our name(s) on the tickets, it cant be that hard - it will prevent this ticket swapping at the box office and maybe reduce scalping.
    Elzar wrote:
    this ticket swapping business has happened before ....to me......twice at least....i'm 90% sure

this would all be solved if they just print our name(s) on the tickets, it cant be that hard - it will prevent this ticket swapping at the box office and maybe reduce scalping.
    :!:
  • ereeper1ereeper1 Posts: 233
    Maybe 10c knew that this person was not coming.

My wife has a friend with a very low number. Much better then mine and when we went together to get our tickets for Chicago 1 they didn't even have my wife's friend listed for tickets. After what seemed like forever they gave her tickets out of an envelope from a 10c member who bought tickets for the show, but they knew was unable to attend. I think it was 5th row. I will give 10c the benefit of the doubt on this one.
    KO282453 wrote:
    4Powers20 wrote:

That is not what this thread is about, it's about false advertising if you imply a rows 1,2,9,10 are a lottery 10 Club upgrade, then make it so. Random allocation = bullshit lawyer talk for cover OUR ASS for doing what ever the F we want.

again you are worried about being moved from row 3 to row 10. Get over it, or keep complaining and maybe they will end the tix completely and you will never get decent seats again.

"false advertising" please.

• Elzar wrote:

thats not how ticketmaster prints their tickets. but the 10c could seal the envelopes that have our names on them and give us sealed envelopes...that way, we know there were no swaps.
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • ElzarElzar Posts: 966
    Elzar wrote:

thats not how ticketmaster prints their tickets. but the 10c could seal the envelopes that have our names on them and give us sealed envelopes...that way, we know there were no swaps.

sounds good! lets do this!
    Elzar wrote:

Wow! That's messed up.
    Taping the envelopes closed would help, unless it's TC doing it, but they typically hand a box of envelopes to the box office staff.

WATCH OUT FOR THIS AT MSG!!!

I'm not saying it will happen, but MSG has (or used to) have a strict "no closed envelope" policy. Only venue I've worked that I've seen that. Their house-envelopes don't even have a fold-over to close, and they won't allow them to be taped closed.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    I'm not worried, i'll be happy no matter what, it's simply the principle of the matter. if your pissing down my back, don't tell me its raining. i get enough of that in the corporate world, don't need w/ my rock as well.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    CJMST3K wrote:
    Elzar wrote:

Wow! That's messed up.
    Taping the envelopes closed would help, unless it's TC doing it, but they typically hand a box of envelopes to the box office staff.

WATCH OUT FOR THIS AT MSG!!!

I'm not saying it will happen, but MSG has (or used to) have a strict "no closed envelope" policy. Only venue I've worked that I've seen that. Their house-envelopes don't even have a fold-over to close, and they won't allow them to be taped closed.

EXACTLY and people like me and you who have hook ups in there get whatever we want :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,868
    i don't see the problem...

your friend won the lottery, but was pushed backed (probably accidently or else i'm sure we would have heard many other complaints about this happening since the lottery was established). So the staff member switched the ticket to a lottery row that your friend would benefit from.

one randomly allocated lottery ticket was switched with another randomly allocated lottery ticket.

a mistake was made and handled in the most fair way possible.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
    i don't see the problem...

your friend won the lottery, but was pushed backed (probably accidently or else i'm sure we would have heard many other complaints about this happening since the lottery was established). So the staff member switched the ticket to a lottery row that your friend would benefit from.

one randomly allocated lottery ticket was switched with another randomly allocated lottery ticket.

a mistake was made and handled in the most fair way possible.

There's an assumption too that it was taken out of an envelope. Correct?

I think the only thing that is solid here is that "winning" the lottery can indeed move people back, which would be nice if TC confirmed.
This discussion has been closed.