the lottery is crap, ten club bullshit!

Comments

• usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    pjtaper wrote:
    I won't respond IN THIS thread anymore.

;)
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Havent won the lottery in 7 tries, got 4 more coming up. Ended up in the first 5 rows for 2 Eddie shows, cant complain there.

I really like the system as it is now. I feel like it gives nobody a legitimate reason to complain, and is best for everyone.

Based on my super-duper scientific eqation, you are due to hit the lottery bythe 11th show!
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    So there are two penguins sitting on an iceberg. In an instant the iceberg is split in two and the two penguins begin drifting apart on their own smaller icebergs. What does one penguin say to the other?

"Pass the chips."

THAT makes more sense than this nonsense of a thread.
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    edited May 2010
    Good luck
    Post edited by PJ_ROCKS on

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    So there are two penguins sitting on an iceberg. In an instant the iceberg is split in two and the two penguins begin drifting apart on their own smaller icebergs. What does one penguin say to the other?

"Pass the chips."

THAT makes more sense than this nonsense of a thread.
    cute kid.
    life is too fucking short. i'm out of here.
  • releesemereleeseme Posts: 387
    i have been away from this board for a couple of 2 or 3 years now. this thread reminds me partly of why...
    8-20-92 \ 6-16-08
    10-4-96 \ 5-6-10
    9-6-98 \ 5-7-10
    4-19-03 \ 9-22-12
    10-6-04 \ 7-19-13
    6-24-06 \ 12-6-13
    10-1-14 \ 4-16-16
    \ 4-26-16 \
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    Yeah, he is cute. He gets pissed when he wants to drink from his green bottle but instead he gets the red bottle... and then he writes about it on the baby message board.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    This thread is a great reminder of how our society is on a great downturn. People come to conclusions without knowing all of the actual facts...hooray for the uninformed mob mentality!
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    you're right...there is a giant ticket-window-lady conspiracy going on here.

watch your back.

no need to poke fun at her weight
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    this thread just wasted a good 30 min of my work time!!!!!!!!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Lizard wrote:

where's sweet adeline?!?! ;):lol::lol:
  • PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    This thread is getting very close to the limit switch.

IBFTL
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • B-RyeB-Rye Posts: 130
    I was bored at work and decided to read through most of this thread. A few thoughts:

1. I think it's great that the 10c rewards long time members
    2. I don't think that people with higher numbers should have to be penalized
    3. The lottery is an attempt to find a balance between these two extremes, but isn't perfect.
    4. It would be nice to know the exact ticket policies, but it's not that huge of a deal, I'm assuming most people would buy the tickets regardless
    5. People have an unreasonable sense of entitlement (I'm guilty of this too).
    6. Life is what you make it...if you are expecting to sit in row 3 and end up in the 300 section, is it really the worst thing that could happen? At Chicago I last year I was at the center 300 section with 10c tickets but it ended up being a great show and I had a blast. I feel sorry for anybody that could only focus on the fact that they should be sitting in the 100's or on the floor and missed out on a great concert. ****
    7. That being said, if something shady did happen, by all means, say something, let somebody know...but to get unreasonably upset over something that at the end of the day makes no difference is just plain silly.

PS - If I don't win the lotto in Buffalo I'm going to throw jellybeans at the people in the first row all night to make myself feel better. And not the good ones either, the black ones.

**** Full disclosure: I have a 333xxx number but never had any seats worse than midway up the 100 right beside the stage so I expected a lot better
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    norm wrote:
    Lizard wrote:

good times never seemed so good

so good!!

so good!!

so good!!
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    B-Rye wrote:
    PS - If I don't win the lotto in Buffalo I'm going to throw jellybeans at the people in the first row all night to make myself feel better. And not the good ones either, the black ones.

...and I will enjoy them, as I love black jellybeans. :D
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    norm wrote:
    Lizard wrote:

That's right!!!!!!!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    B-Rye wrote:

Damn, I wish I was there and had a mouth on the back of my head! :D
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    CJMST3K wrote:
    B-Rye wrote:

Dammit...I knew there were some freaks on here, but black jellybeans?

On second thought, how about I trade you some black jelly beans for your front row seat. Win-win!
  • DiRtYyELLoWoCeAnDiRtYyELLoWoCeAn Posts: 1,605
    CJMST3K wrote:
    B-Rye wrote:

Yeah.... you'll probably be enjoying from "backstage" with all your "hookups" :twisted: :mrgreen: in before the LOCK!
    BOS 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    MTL 9/15/05
    HRTFD 5/13/06
    BOS 5/24/06, 5/25/06
    VEGAS 7/6/06
    CHI 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19/08
    NYC 6/25/08
    HRTFD 6/27/08
    MANSFLD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    E.V. BOS 8/1/08
    CHI 8/23/09, 8/24/09
    PHILLY 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    BOS 5/17/10
    CHI 7/19/13
    WOOSTA 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HRTFD 10/25/13
    BOS 8/5/16, 8/7/16
    BOS 9/2/18, 9/4/18

• jethrojam420jethrojam420 Posts: 1,075
    So to solve this big fiasco let me take an idea of one person and add to it.

In order to avoid people at the ticket counter switching tickets on you, there should be an unsealed envelope with your name on the envelope and a corresponding number (your TC number perhaps) on both the ticket and the envelope. If they don't match then something is askew...

To make it "fair" to those that have been members since TC's inception as well as those that keep forgetting to renew on time or young or whatever the reason maybe....why not adopt an NBA style draft for the tickets, you can set up a numbers program to weight highly those that have been in TC for a long time with the good seats, but also those in the 1,000,000's still have an outside shot at even the 20th row. There ends up being just as good a shot of the first TC member being in the back of the floor seats as the one that signed up minutes before the tour was announced to be in the front row....plus PJ can allocate the good seats they need to dole out for friends family etc without people assuming that there is a conspiracy....

sound good?
    8/29/00*5/2/03*7/2/03*7/3/03*7/11/03*9/28/04*5/24/06*6/28/08*5/15/10*5/17/10* 10/16/13*10/25/13* 4/28/16*4/28/16*8/5/16*8/7/16 EV 6/15/11 Brad 10/27/02
    CJMST3K wrote:
    B-Rye wrote:

Yeah.... you'll probably be enjoying from "backstage" with all your "hookups" :twisted: :mrgreen: in before the LOCK!

Only before the MSG show. During the show, I'm in TC seats with everyone else. :)
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    lesson learned: GO EARLY to pick up your tickets ... :o

it's pretty obvious the 10C isn't perfect ... they are doing their best and i'm pretty sure that they aren't purposefully trying to screw people around ... in this example - they tried to appease the OP's friend by swapping tickets with someone who got moved up ... two things stand out:

1. how did they know the tickets they were swapping out were indeed better if the tickets are supposed to be in envelopes and sorted alphabetically?

2. looks like they tried to make one fan happy at the slight risk of hurting another
  • I'm going to Buffalo and all i know is...i fuck'n better not get hit with any jellybeans!! .......especially the black ones! YUK!! :mrgreen:
    I'm going to Buffalo and all i know is...i fuck'n better not get hit with any jellybeans!! .......especially the black ones! YUK!! :mrgreen:

I found my first victim...but my number is so bad I might be in the 300's again so I probably won't come anywhere close so you're probably safe. Add to that the fact that I'm a hockey player and not a baseball player and I'd say you're definitely safe.

For now. ;)
  • PJ doesn't have to hook us up....they do becuz they cool like that.....but it really puts a shit stain on the whole thing when you get a bunch of brats crying about where they should and shouldn't be sitting....ya know my man Jose has an awesome 10c # and i have never heard him once bitch about being pushed back a few rows and he hooks mad peeps up with his extra for face instead of trying to flip it for big $ like he could...that's how all you tenured 10c people should be!!

count your fucking blessings instead of bitching about them!

and this isn't to the OP...everyone has a right to voice a legitimate bitch, so get off his back.
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,988
    Un-Fucking-Believable!!!!

You are crying to the wrong people.

Lets see if we can define what constitutes your entitlement mentality...

20 years in the fan club (your choice) X $25 / year = $500

$500 spent for the OPPORTUNITY to get pre-sale, preffered seating, and other non-member benefits (vinyl, clothing, posters, anything else limited to club card holders)

You have been well compensated.

Your $500 initial investment has returned itself 10 fold ;)

The band thanks you for your initial $500, and your continued support is appreciated (look up the word "appreciated" in the dictionary)

$500 wouldnt buy the toilet paper to whipe your whiney ass though, so I feel for you.

Fuckin cry me an entitlement river....
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Digital TwilightDigital Twilight Posts: 5,642
    It's a privilege to get seats so close NOT a right.

At least the person who got front row would have appreciated a lot more then you and your buddy would have done since for them its a one off and not the norm.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,832
    edited May 2010
    pjtaper wrote:
    a friend gets front row, without the lottery, at EVERY SHOW, because he joined the 10C early, and he deserves to be there... got his tickets last night, 10th row... not third, where he should have been, because he "won" the lottery, as in 10th row... or 9th, 1st, or 2nd. they are lottery rows...
    What did the 10C do? Took tickets out of a front row lottery winner's envelope who didn't show up before us, it was maybe 5PM at the latest, switched the seats, my buddy got front row. He should have gotten third, not another fan's lottery winning ticket.
    MY FRIEND DID NOTHING WRONG, he offered his tickets to everyone, realizing how messed up it was...

thanks for all the hatred in your posts, time to email the 10C, I won't respond IN THIS thread anymore, too much hatred from 10C ass kissers.
    but he won the lottery
    and since he cant be pushed back, he got the best they can do for him
    they did the right thing IMHO
    the front row winner get 10th instead which is still a lottery win (I would guess).

both got lottery tickets and no seniority conflict.
    whats the problem here? Im sure that once in a while four or five digit fan club members hit the lottery and the 10c has to sit them based upon seniority within the lottery rows. I would guess that is the only solution when all the tickets are already allocated.
    EDIT: love the lottery-because it doesnt really change seniority seating and gives EVERYONE a chance at front row
    Post edited by Get_Right on
    Get_Right wrote:
    pjtaper wrote:
    a friend gets front row, without the lottery, at EVERY SHOW, because he joined the 10C early, and he deserves to be there... got his tickets last night, 10th row... not third, where he should have been, because he "won" the lottery, as in 10th row... or 9th, 1st, or 2nd. they are lottery rows...
    What did the 10C do? Took tickets out of a front row lottery winner's envelope who didn't show up before us, it was maybe 5PM at the latest, switched the seats, my buddy got front row. He should have gotten third, not another fan's lottery winning ticket.
    MY FRIEND DID NOTHING WRONG, he offered his tickets to everyone, realizing how messed up it was...

thanks for all the hatred in your posts, time to email the 10C, I won't respond IN THIS thread anymore, too much hatred from 10C ass kissers.
    but he won the lottery
    and since he cant be pushed back, he got the best they can do for him
    they did the right thing IMHO
    the front row winner get 10th instead which is still a lottery win (I would guess).

both got lottery tickets and no seniority conflict.
    whats the problem here? Im sure that once in a while four or five digit fan club members hit the lottery and the 10c has to sit them based upon seniority within the lottery rows. I would guess that is the only solution when all the tickets are already allocated.

I just believe that "winning" the lottery shouldn't push people back. Or, if this is a new policy for TC members, just tell us. We can handle the truth.
  • pjtaper wrote:

you really have no idea how spoiled you sound, do you? hahah.
This discussion has been closed.