the lottery is crap, ten club bullshit!

Comments

• in eds treein eds tree Posts: 539
    you're right...there is a giant ticket-window-lady conspiracy going on here.

watch your back.
    keep on rockin' in the free world.
    Cooter wrote:
    I got 3rd row at an ED show with the random seating they had set up and I wish PJ would go to random seating. It was a great experience and I wish more people got the chance to be in the front.

You do get spoiled sitting in a certain area. And everyone has valid points. Seniority should reward long-time supporters. Young fans should have a chance and not get penalized for being young and not being born in the early 90s.

Personally, I usually get great seats, but I was "moved back" if you will for the Ed shows at the Ryman due to the random nature, but I didn't get pissy. It made me appreciate the work that the 10C put into it. And it was pretty cool when I met a young guy who just got into PJ in 2008 who got front row and had the time of his life that night.

People bitch to bitch, I understand that, but I will certainly not complain with whatever seats I get. If I "win" the lottery and get moved back, c'est la vie!

i take issue with your use of the term "supporter".

i am 27 years old, and have been a fan since i was ten years old. die hard, at that. to the point that my older sister hates pearl jam with an angry passion. just because i did not have $$ to throw at a fan club does not diminish my "fanaticism" if you will haha in any way. i just came back from stl where i sat sec 118 row f mikes side, and before that i was in kc row 22 behind a guy who was like 6'4 and ya know what? i still rocked my ass off! this is petty fucking bullshit bickering and completely out of line. i just wish some of the long time members would take a step back and see how dickish you are being saying you are bigger fans or more deserving of anything and everything pearl jam.

wwaaaaaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. i'm entitled!
  • pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    It is stuff like this that makes me wish there was no seniority any longer. While the lottery is cool and all(and no I have never won), having to go to my seats and listen to people complain about where they should or shouldnt be is really a downer. Having to come here and see the same thing, right, wrong or indifferent is comical at best. I mean being the in the 10C all these years has been cool, and they have tried their best to change and tweak things to accommodate the different ages and numbers, but imho, all is has done is create this certain level of entitlement that I think has gotten a bit out of hand, and it is times like this that I am shamed to be associated with some of you.
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • JimMacLeodJimMacLeod Posts: 107
    Who cares? Is this really that important?

I bet the person who got "screwed" out of their original first row tickets was estatic when they opened their envelope and saw 10th row tickets. They never knew what they lost, so no harm, no foul.

And the self righteous senior member got to see a show they from seats they felt entitled to.
  • VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,924
    edited May 2010
    Oh whaaaa he would have had to sit in 10th row. I would be so excited if I could get in 10th row. I got 3rd row at an ED show with the random seating they had set up and I wish PJ would go to random seating. It was a great experience and I wish more people got the chance to be in the front. Personally I think 10club should flip the tickets so that the whinny brats that always get first row are in the back and the new people that actually still like the band get the front row. Being in the 10 Club longer does NOT make you a bigger fan and it does NOT make you more deserving then other members. The elitism and misplaced sense of entitlement that some people with low numbers have is just the antithesis of everything Pearl Jam stands for.

I laughed my ass off when at Grand Rapids, a few years back, a mishap happened. Basically many if not all of the 10c seats got reversed and the higher number people ended up in the front, and the low 10c numbers were in the back of the 10c section. All I remember was that all of the crying by the low 10c number people sent the river 10 feet above flood stage and the salt killed all the fish. The high 10c people had a once in a lifetime opportunity as the lottery was implemented later on. These people who were just as much fans, just mostly younger, were elated and it made me feel good to see it happen. I wish the lottery was implemented in a fashion where a higher 10c number had a higher probability. These people are just as much fans, and just mostly younger. Too young to have purchased memberships back then. My son just turned 20. He was 5 in 1995. He was 13 in 2003. In 2003, at the age of 13 could have gotten 250,000 which is pretty bad. I have 25x,xxx and would like to see someone with 400,000 have a better chance than me. I'd like a better chance than 100,000. To some extent it is age discrimination. I'm glad 10c is doing what they are doing. I trust they are following through with what they say. Understand the occasional glitch or mistake.
    Post edited by Veddernarian on
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    ::sigh:: right just keep kissing ass no matter what. :| because if we don't hold the band to the standards they proclaim, it will happen automaticaly.
  • ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    Cooter wrote:
    I got 3rd row at an ED show with the random seating they had set up and I wish PJ would go to random seating. It was a great experience and I wish more people got the chance to be in the front.

You do get spoiled sitting in a certain area. And everyone has valid points. Seniority should reward long-time supporters. Young fans should have a chance and not get penalized for being young and not being born in the early 90s.

Likewise, long-time supporters who, for a whole host of reasons, have crappy numbers should also have the chance. I am as big a fan and supporter as anyone, but I don't have any seniority in terms of 10c... c'est la vie. This whole "my number proves I'm a bigger fan than you and if I'm not in 'x' row every show, I'm going to b*tch and moan until the cows come home" really bugs me. Seeing PJ is a privilege, not a right. If you get to do that in a really good seat, more power to you. I will still rock out in my 410XXX seats and have a blast!
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • edited May 2010
    i could understand being pushed way back to the next deck or something at every show you go to, but moving back a few rows every once in a while? are you that out of touch with reality?

step back and get some perspective.

what are you gonna do? stop going? we all know someone so obsessed with being up at the front isnt going to quit now.

im sorry you cant pretend to have a close personal relationship with Ed fromt he tenth row, but no one cares about your problem.
    Post edited by LikeAnOpeningBandForTheSun on
  • NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    edited May 2010
    Veddernarian, you must be thinking of the 2006 Grand Rapids show, I think first row started with numbers around 200,000 (maybe a little lower than that). I ran into someone who was kinda far back on the sides crying about how he is ALWAYS in the first 10 rows. It took a lot of restraint to hold my laughter until after I walked away. My wife (Uninvited Guest) and I ended up with some great seats for that show.
    Post edited by NeilJam on
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    I guess what it boils down to is it would be nice to have clarification of the TC policies. No?
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    CJMST3K wrote:
    I guess what it boils down to is it would be nice to have clarification of the TC policies. No?
    agreed and I'd like to know what this pick up your lottery tickets by 5pm thing is all bout.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• It is stuff like this that makes me wish there was no seniority any longer. While the lottery is cool and all(and no I have never won), having to go to my seats and listen to people complain about where they should or shouldnt be is really a downer.
    yeah if it were my band i'd just cancel seniority for awhile and let some of these freaks gain some perspective. PJ would probably be better off if they got some new blood in the front anyway, so the fact that they still do anything for the seniors should have them relentlessly kisssing their ass, not complaining about it.
    i guess i don't understand why it's a problem that A.) band give tix to family/friends. it's their show, right? jesus christ. B.) mistakes happen. sorry. the 10c is NOT perfect. wtf? how dare they show signs of humanity. C.) you have been a member for 20 years but you MIGHT have someone with a higher number in front of you. GET OVER IT. pass the torch. be happy for your brethren. jesus, we're all fans here, right?
  • NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    MrSmith wrote:
    It is stuff like this that makes me wish there was no seniority any longer. While the lottery is cool and all(and no I have never won), having to go to my seats and listen to people complain about where they should or shouldnt be is really a downer.
    yeah if it were my band i'd just cancel seniority for awhile and let some of these freaks gain some perspective. PJ would probably be better off if they got some new blood in the front anyway, so the fact that they still do anything for the seniors should have them relentlessly kisssing their ass, not complaining about it.

THIS

I think having "new blood in the front" contributed to making the 2006 Grand Rapids show so great.
  • WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE COMPLAINING? If the guys in the band want to give front row seats to their buddies, it is their perogative. If you don't like the Ten Club, Pearl Jam, or whatever your problem is, the solution is easy enough GO AWAY!!!!!! I can't believe people come on here and say "Fuck Pearl Jam."

IF this guy complaining about the lottery, spends a lot of time on here complaining, maybe THAT is why he got shitty seats (if that is his beef) cuz he's a freakin unappreciative cry baby.

I don't doubt for a minute that the people who run this club may read the blogs and assign the assholes the seats in the back! That's what I would do if I had the POWER? Oh yeah? Fuck Pearl Jam? FUCK YOU!!!! lol

:-) I am one happy camper. I have been in the fan club for 16 years, my number is 79thousand something and I got third row in Kansas City on Monday.. Friday, I will be in INDY! YAY!!!!!!!
    tammymarie67
    7/8 & 9 95; 6/26/98, 10/8/00 ;10/9/00;4/23/03; 6/18/03; 6/21/03; 5/17/06; 6/26/06; 6/29&30/06; 8/5/07; 8/23 and 8/24/09;5/3/10;5/7/10; PJ20 9/3 and 9/4/2011; 9/30/2012,7/19/13, 10/3/14, 10/20/14, 4/26/16, 8/20/16, and 8/22/16
    CJMST3K wrote:

Bingo :mrgreen: :::holding my breath::: :lol:
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    CJMST3K wrote:
    :!:
  • VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,924
    NeilJam wrote:
    Veddernarian, you must be thinking of the 2006 Grand Rapids show, I think first row started with numbers around 200,000 (maybe a little lower than that). I ran into someone who was kinda far back on the sides crying about how he is ALWAYS in the first 10 rows. It took a lot of restraint to hold my laughter until after I walked away. My wife (Uninvited Guest) and I ended up with some great seats for that show.
    Thank you, I made the change.

I will also add that my 5 year old daughter hums Unthought Known, and when the Deadliest Catch previews were out with Rise as the background music, she screamed out, "that's Eddie Vedder". She'll be able to buy a 10c membership in about 13 years from now. She'll probably have membership number 1,500,000. No less a fan. Hope she, if she is a fan at the time, gets a chance to see them close at least once. By then, some of the 1st 10 row regulars may have been in the 1st 10 rows over 100 times. I hope they can cope with steping aside just once or twice.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
    NeilJam wrote:
    Thank you, I made the change.

I will also add that my 5 year old daughter hums Unthought Known, and when the Deadliest Catch previews were out with Rise as the background music, she screamed out, "that's Eddie Vedder". She'll be able to buy a 10c membership in about 13 years from now. She'll probably have membership number 1,500,000. No less a fan. Hope she, if she is a fan at the time, gets a chance to see them close at least once. By then, some of the 1st 10 row regulars may have been in the 1st 10 rows over 100 times. I hope they can cope with steping aside just once or twice.

i wish you were my dad 8-) , he listened to barry manilow :cry:
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    JimMacLeod wrote:
    Who cares? Is this really that important?

I bet the person who got "screwed" out of their original first row tickets was estatic when they opened their envelope and saw 10th row tickets. They never knew what they lost, so no harm, no foul.

And the self righteous senior member got to see a show they from seats they felt entitled to.

This is a GREAT point -- if I opened my envelope and saw 10th row I would be thrilled. I'm sure first row is amazing, but sitting 10th row would be pretty damn good too. Not a 1-for-1 equivalent but this is not completely unlike winning PowerBall for $250 million and being upset because the last guy won $300 million.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • DiRtYyELLoWoCeAnDiRtYyELLoWoCeAn Posts: 1,605
    i honest think 1st row is too close.... as fucked up as that sounds i'd love to be in the first section though....
    BOS 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    MTL 9/15/05
    HRTFD 5/13/06
    BOS 5/24/06, 5/25/06
    VEGAS 7/6/06
    CHI 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19/08
    NYC 6/25/08
    HRTFD 6/27/08
    MANSFLD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    E.V. BOS 8/1/08
    CHI 8/23/09, 8/24/09
    PHILLY 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    BOS 5/17/10
    CHI 7/19/13
    WOOSTA 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HRTFD 10/25/13
    BOS 8/5/16, 8/7/16
    BOS 9/2/18, 9/4/18

i honest think 1st row is too close.... as fucked up as that sounds i'd love to be in the first section though....

Ditto, too much pressure being in the first row.
  • CooterCooter Posts: 157
    Cooter wrote:

Personally, I usually get great seats, but I was "moved back" if you will for the Ed shows at the Ryman due to the random nature, but I didn't get pissy. It made me appreciate the work that the 10C put into it. And it was pretty cool when I met a young guy who just got into PJ in 2008 who got front row and had the time of his life that night.

People bitch to bitch, I understand that, but I will certainly not complain with whatever seats I get. If I "win" the lottery and get moved back, c'est la vie!

i take issue with your use of the term "supporter".

Dude, I was supporting your point. Whatever word you want to call it supporter, fan...whatever. I think both points are valid. I don't think I have a sense of entitlement. Nor do I think that you should be penalized for being too young to buy into the 10C at your young age.

I simply said that this seems to be the fairest way they've come up with so far and I support that. I even said I'd have no problem moving back because I know how special it is to sit close.
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    this could possibly be the biggest clusterfuck of misinformation ever on this board

or at least this week

people aren't even reading what happened... they're just bitching off someone else's misinterpretation of what someone else guessed

and now we've got people asking about phantom rules...

where are you getting 5pm from metsfan?? taper was simply sharing what time it was when this went down... there is no 5pm rule

wow
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,868
    where are you getting 5pm from metsfan?? taper was simply sharing what time it was when this went down...

wow

So you're saying the holiday single is being released when you get your tickets after 5 pm?
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • ed72ed72 Posts: 37
    I'm pissed now, me and my 12yr old son won Row 2 for monday in Kansas. Last night anything under Row 25 would have been good but those ******** at tenclub put us in Row 2 again................. ;)
    24x,xxx
  • nothingman4nothingman4 Posts: 794
    where are you getting 5pm from metsfan?? taper was simply sharing what time it was when this went down...

wow

So you're saying the holiday single is being released when you get your tickets after 5 pm?
    :lol::lol::lol:
    2005:Calgary, Edmonton
    2008:Bonnaroo
    2009:Virgin Fest Calgary, Outside Lands
    2010:Boston, MSG1, MSG2
    2011:EV Seattle (x2), PJ20(x2), Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver

"You are the luckiest fan in the board having heard oceans, release and hard to imagine three shows in a row!!"
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    http://www.eatgarbanzo.com/

mmmmmmmmmmmm, so glad to be back in Denver...
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    wow. i just don't get it. you get to sit in the first 10 rows to watch one of the best (if not the best) live bands of all time & you're complaining? i'd hate to see what happens when life hands you a REAL problem. not trying to attack the OP or anyone else, but it seems like some folks need to gain some serious perspective on things.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Has anyone figured the odds of winning the lottery:

Does this make sense?

15,000 capacity = 1,500 10C Seats

36 seats per row x 4 rows = 144 Seats total for rows 1,2,9 & 10

144/1500 = 9.6% chance of hitting the lottery.
    i need u to come and fix Greek Economy

Too late for that...did the olympics cause this?
This discussion has been closed.