the lottery is crap, ten club bullshit!

Comments

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    At the KC show I met alot of great people all of whom were hoping to win the lottery. I wish all these great people would have a chance to sit down front once and experience the show with the band like that. They love Pearl Jam they just didn't join the fan club in the 90's. I think if those with seniority knew what it meant to others they would share in their joy.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    •Ten Club tickets are for reserved seating and allocated by membership seniority, with the exception of rows 1-2 and rows 9-10 which will be used for random allocation.

Maybe I'm wrong, but i took this as a members only benefit.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Noload wrote:
    The lottery is crap..but the ten club overall is great. Wish they would go back to a complete seniority based system.

+1
  • dislocateddislocated Posts: 599
    For fuck's sake people, life's not fair....move on!
  • ski4ski4 Posts: 261
    pandora wrote:
    At the KC show I met alot of great people all of whom were hoping to win the lottery. I wish all these great people would have a chance to sit down front once and experience the show with the band like that. They love Pearl Jam they just didn't join the fan club in the 90's. I think if those with seniority knew what it meant to others they would share in their joy.

full on agree!!!

i joined finally and a day late cuz i could never even get seats but have been a loyal and happy fan as long as anyone and prolly longer than most
    i don't think the same people should always get that front row seating seniority has it's benefits indeed but
    there is not any good reason some of the younger members shouldn't be able to get up front with out dropping 400 dollars+.
    "The only thing I ever saw that came close to Objective Journalism was a closed-circuit TV setup that watched shoplifters in the General Store at Woody Creek, Colorado." hst
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,988
    Ok Taper you have our attention,

... but you will only get my sympathy if you had to sit in the mens shitters while someone ripped up the left over Emeks from KC and pasted them over your stall door!

Anything else will fall on deaf ears. I had a great seat. But it was at work, and I couldnt really feel the energy that you did, or should have. I hope you enjoyed the show and waited until after YL to fill up the pissy meter.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • BlackCorduroyBlackCorduroy Posts: 1,374
    The lottery enabled me to sit FRONT ROW CENTER last night. HOLY SHIT. So I'm feeling pretty good about it right now :D:D:D
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    The lottery enabled me to sit FRONT ROW CENTER last night. HOLY SHIT. So I'm feeling pretty good about it right now :D:D:D

Congrats on your win
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    i wish seating was random. i've hung out with people who have had front row for the last 20 years...bitching about being in the 12th row one time in 2000. such a joke

at least with the lottery i have a slim shot of being close..or at least someone that still really appreciates it
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    Havent won the lottery in 7 tries, got 4 more coming up. Ended up in the first 5 rows for 2 Eddie shows, cant complain there.

I really like the system as it is now. I feel like it gives nobody a legitimate reason to complain, and is best for everyone.
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,099
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Havent won the lottery in 7 tries, got 4 more coming up. Ended up in the first 5 rows for 2 Eddie shows, cant complain there.

I really like the system as it is now. I feel like it gives nobody a legitimate reason to complain, and is best for everyone.
    As someone who has never won the lottery but has been fortunate enough to see Pearl Jam from both near and far (seventh row thanks to a great Chicagoan called Larry), I know being up close is a privilege - not a right - and is icing on a cake - not the cake itself. Enjoy a show for what it is, accept that if you get picked to move closer, that's karma working in your favour, and appreciate that most people in the world, by sheer percentages, will never have the chance to see this spectacular band.

The lottery is a kind gesture offered to newer fans by the band, though I do feel for the older members - they were playing the seniority 'game' and then suddenly the rules changed. I can respect how that would be aggravating.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    MayDay10 wrote:

i got 7th row for the 2 ed shows i was lucky enough to get 10 club to. but those were random seats all around..would like that for pj
  • edvedderrocksedvedderrocks Posts: 1,001
    i got 7th row for the 2 ed shows i was lucky enough to get 10 club to. but those were random seats all around..would like that for pj[/quote]

me too... but I can see how that would suck for those with "seniority". I have been going to see PJ since '96 - just never knew about 10c and their ticket system. I was one of the crazy people that would wait hours in line to get seats. Had I known... imagine where I would be sitting now.

On the flip side of the arguement, I have been to almost 25 shows (in the US and Europe) and have a high 10c number. I wish I would win the lottery, but usually don't have luck like that. Random seating would be cool, but I'll take what I can get. I can say that I met Eddie Vedder, so that was good enough for me!!! ;)
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
    i got 7th row for the 2 ed shows i was lucky enough to get 10 club to. but those were random seats all around..would like that for pj

me too... but I can see how that would suck for those with "seniority". I have been going to see PJ since '96 - just never knew about 10c and their ticket system. I was one of the crazy people that would wait hours in line to get seats. Had I known... imagine where I would be sitting now.

On the flip side of the arguement, I have been to almost 25 shows (in the US and Europe) and have a high 10c number. I wish I would win the lottery, but usually don't have luck like that. Random seating would be cool, but I'll take what I can get. I can say that I met Eddie Vedder, so that was good enough for me!!! ;)[/quote]

for sure i will always take what i can get..you are right on

my 10club seats in chicago last year were in the back rows of the 300's. had a great time.

but it would be cool to get close w/o camping out for 7 hours at a festival ;)
  • The lottery enabled me to sit FRONT ROW CENTER last night. HOLY SHIT. So I'm feeling pretty good about it right now :D:D:D

Awesome!
    Austin, TX
  • BraceYourSelfBraceYourSelf Posts: 814
    I got row 10 at Philly 1. I was happy. With the exception of their ticket servers, TC is fine for me.
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder Posts: 9,117
    even though I have good seniority and 99 out of 100 times the lottery will push me back 2-4 rows, I think its an amazing thing this band and the 10c offers us with seniority in general and the lottery. if the 10c or the band decides to give one or more pairs to someone, so be it. it is their tix to do so
    even though I have good seniority and 99 out of 100 times the lottery will push me back 2-4 rows, I think its an amazing thing this band and the 10c offers us with seniority in general and the lottery. if the 10c or the band decides to give one or more pairs to someone, so be it. it is their tix to do so
    you are cool :D
  • CooterCooter Posts: 157
    Wow, to hear such bickering over something like this is crazy. I think we all need perspective here. You are bitching about being really close, but not close enough? Have you ever been to a PJ show that you didn't have the time of your life at?

I'm hitting the 10 spot in Columbus tomorrow and #11 the next night in Indy and I can't say I ever had a bad time at a PJ show no matter where I sat. 10C or otherwise. I remember when they did the block system where a range of numbers would get certain tickets and the earlier you got there, the better your seats were. Yes, I took off work on concert days to camp out for better seats.

The bottom line is that no system is perfect, but at least the 10C is trying things out to make it as fair as possible. Will it ever be truly, indisputably fair? No. But, it's better than 99% of the other ticketing policies out there by other bands.

We are lucky to have a band that cares as much about its fans as these guys do.

I'm looking forward to my two shows this week. Am I going to bitch if I don't win the lottery? No. Am I going to bitch because I might be back 2 rows from where my seniority would place me? Hell no. What I am going to do is enjoy the show with a great friend and immerse myself in the live experience that is Pearl Jam.

I'm Cooter, member number 142XXX, come say hi, have a libation or three with me and let's get our rock and roll on!!
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    pjtaper
    Last visited:
    05 May 2010 09:06

Come on... you're awake. Spill it.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    i would have been happy just to be in the building. but hey...that's me.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    CJMST3K wrote:
    pjtaper
    Last visited:
    05 May 2010 09:06

Come on... you're awake. Spill it.
    17:30 here!!come on waiting all day :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • tbhooptietbhooptie Posts: 137
    Are we still waiting for an explanation???

"Ten Club Bullshit"?? Only got row 15 and not closer!?! I am a 448XXX... I will be at the back of the 10c seats (only can blame my stupid self for forgetting to renew my membership!!). But I am just glad to be part of the 10c seating!! Now if they tossed me in the lawn I would not be happy!!! ;)
  • iwasthereiwasthere Posts: 511
    Last I heard, Taper was going to be pulling an all nighter before an early morning flight, so it may be a few more hours before you here from him. Since there is this entire thread, I will let him tell the story, but I will say this. I was there yesterday when the incident that caused this thread happened. It is of my opinion as well, that he has a valid point here. Also, he was able to get great seats. I was able to get great seats. I am very happy about it and for the most part I love 10c. There was an incident last night though, during ticket distribution, that appeared to be shady at best.
    tacos
  • ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    of course friends and family and even 10c staff (i sat next to a girl that works for the 10c) get seats right up front. they dont claim to put their friends and family behind us anymore--even though they really did used to put 10c members ahead of their friends and family. so what. some of you need to grow up and learn about how the real world operates. we get the best seats they can get us and they give some away...omg...how shocking. :roll:

Boom's daughter was behind me in Seattle.
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • ed72ed72 Posts: 37
    tbhooptie wrote:
    Are we still waiting for an explanation???

"Ten Club Bullshit"?? Only got row 15 and not closer!?! I am a 448XXX... I will be at the back of the 10c seats (only can blame my stupid self for forgetting to renew my membership!!). But I am just glad to be part of the 10c seating!! Now if they tossed me in the lawn I would not be happy!!! ;)

I heard the view from the lawn at Scottrade was not very good last night :lol:
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    I have been to over 15 lottery shows with no luck. My number (179K) isn't the greatest but I am usually happy with my seats. However, it would be nice to win the lottery at some point ;)
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    iwasthere wrote:
    Last I heard, Taper was going to be pulling an all nighter before an early morning flight, so it may be a few more hours before you here from him. Since there is this entire thread, I will let him tell the story, but I will say this. I was there yesterday when the incident that caused this thread happened. It is of my opinion as well, that he has a valid point here. Also, he was able to get great seats. I was able to get great seats. I am very happy about it and for the most part I love 10c. There was an incident last night though, during ticket distribution, that appeared to be shady at best.

Fair enough... but to start this thread with NO info, and a general accusation of "shady bullshit" and the title "the lottery is crap, ten club bullshit" is just like handing gasoline and matches to a pyromaniac.

Do you want to tell us what YOU observed?
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • shepshep Posts: 5,764
    Just to throw in my two cents:

I am kind of disappointed to realize that not all of the entire rows 1,2,9, and 10 are allocated at random. I'm usually a bit of a pessimest, but I guess an optimistic bone in my body had thought that all of those rows were allocated at random to 10C memebers.

However, in saying that, I realize that it makes sense that this is their policy. After all, Pearl Jam like any other major ticket draw has a right to do what they want with their seating, and they're not going to have their friends/family sitting in the 400's at any venue. I mean, is this any worse then professional sports ticketing policy? I know for a fact that for every game someone in the NHL plays, they get free tickets at ice level to do with as they please. 2 tickets for away games, 4 tickets for home games. This keeps their fans from getting the best seats in the house, but it's the policy.

Being with someone who deals with a lot of numbers, I had always figured that there was about a 10% chance of hitting the lottery if I had 10C tickets (with a couple of assumptions mixed in that I don't need to go into detail about, i figured it would range from about 6-13% depending on the given venue and demand). I've been to 5 shows on my 10C tickets, and haven't won the lottery yet, and was figuring by the time I get to around 15 I should have scored (I realize that with the stats by 10 I should have scored, but I say 15 because of I have terribly shitty luck). Anyway, it's good to know now, and I won't ever expect to hit the lottery. I only joined the 10C in 05, so I will be more than happy to be at the mid-back of floor. Frankly, I think being in the building is enough! And besides, back of the floor, next to the sound booth has the best acoustics in the house.

Anyway, it would have been nice if 10C was more transparent about their ticketing policies. I think that's why a lot of people here are irked. The way that the 10C has worded the situation, it leaves a lot of ambiguity about exactly how the lottery works and how many seats are available.

All this being said, my fingers are still crossed for the lottery in Boston! :D I mean, at least I have a chance there, and a chance is something. I didn't score 10C tickets in Hartford, so no chance there, I know where my seats are and that's that. And I could care less. I'm in the building, and that's all I really need.

Thanks for the chance 10C!
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    pandora wrote:

You took the words right out of my mouth. I didn't join 10c back in the 90s because I lived in Australia and they didn't tour much, I just didn't see the benefit. Doesn't make me less of a fan. I've been a fan from the beginning, but I have a shitty number (a number that represents when I moved over here and realised that I could see them every year). I don't care cause seeing PJ is a gift. I am fortunate that I have friends that have great numbers and share their spares with me. There are some amazing people in this community. Share the wealth and share the opportunity to witness these guys up close. Bucket loads of thanks to those amazing fans who have shared spares with me and will in the upcoming shows. I remain grateful. :)
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
This discussion has been closed.