the lottery is crap, ten club bullshit!

Comments

• cadyetxcadyetx Posts: 8
    I got front row center my very first time, so I hit the jackpot! Yay, lottery!
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    demetrios wrote:
    Veddster wrote:
    i thought they reserved the closest side section to the stage for friends and family?

guess that wasnt good enough :roll:

Imagine if 10club member's gave out lottery ticket's to be on stage, watching the whole show on the side of Mike or Stone, or even score backstage passes?

It's tough to make every fan happy @ the show's. Personally, it must be fait but I don't gamble cause it's a sin. And I guess that's why I don't win in these lottery things. When 10club announced about the lottery during the Ed Solo show's April '08, i've been to 16+ show's using my 10club ticket's and haven't scored a row 1, 2, 9 or 10. I've seen many many friends & people on the same tour's that I know who did these show's with me & they scored maybe 3 to 4 times in those row's. I thought too that once you get that lottery hot seat, your name is out of the lottery hat for the next shows. Let the other 10club member's who are @ those show get a chance to score a piece of the action. But I guess that doesn't work at all. :(

I'm 0 for 6 thus far since the lottery has been installed..........I agree that once you win, you should be out (at least for that particular tour)
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    UpSideDown wrote:
    I'm 0 for 6 thus far since the lottery has been installed..........I agree that once you win, you should be out (at least for that particular tour)
    It's probably not worth it. The extra work to keep track of who won and who didn't compared to the probability of someone winning it more than once. If the probability of winning the lottery is 10%, then the probability of two shows is only 1%!

I'd be bummed if I'd been to 16 shows and no lottery though, what are the chances?!
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    bazzer wrote:
    UpSideDown wrote:
    It's probably not worth it. The extra work to keep track of who won and who didn't compared to the probability of someone winning it more than once. If the probability of winning the lottery is 10%, then the probability of two shows is only 1%!

I'd be bummed if I'd been to 16 shows and no lottery though, what are the chances?!

Yeah, but D won the "I have an awesome high paying job and can take as much time off as I want" lottery. :clap::D:mrgreen:
  • CJMST3K wrote:
    I know back in 08 or 06 there was a scam at at least one amphitheater where box office staff was giving TC the far away tickets, presumably to hand the good ones to scalpers. I don't know if it was officially proven, but it was widespread at that venue from what I recall on the thread.

Is this along those lines?
    That was me. It wasn't 10C that screwed me though. Some asshole at the ticket window. Curiosity is killing me on where my seats were at. Fortunately, 10C hooked me up in Columbia on the 6th row. Lottery would be nice, but I'm happy that they are still touring...and together. If I see someone fumbling my tickets this time I'm jumping the counter.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,389
    Wilds wrote:
    bazzer wrote:
    UpSideDown wrote:

Yeah, but D won the "I have an awesome high paying job and can take as much time off as I want" lottery. :clap::D:mrgreen:

I wish! :shock: Or maybe you got me mixed up with dimitrispearljam. If I was rich I wouldn't have to be on my hands & knee's breaking my back each day, especially the weekends, laying Made in Chinese crap & swearing @ the ceramic tiles while I try to install them evenly @ the job site. I would of been to tonight's show & especially each & every Boston Bruins playoff games.

And yes, i'm totally bummed out that I haven't won the lottery but it's all good. I'm there, with my friend sharing my 10club ticket & having a good time. Wherever they play. Indoors or outdoors. Watching our favorite band play. :)
    demetrios wrote:

I wish! :shock: Or maybe you got me mixed up with dimitrispearljam. If I was rich I wouldn't have to be on my hands & knee's breaking my back each day, especially the weekends, laying Made in Chinese crap & swearing @ the ceramic tiles while I try to install them evenly @ the job site. I would of been to tonight's show & especially each & every Boston Bruins playoff games.

And yes, i'm totally bummed out that I haven't won the lottery but it's all good. I'm there, with my friend sharing my 10club ticket & having a good time. Wherever they play. Indoors or outdoors. Watching our favorite band play. :)

Yeah.... just fooling around. I'm 'rich' by most standards. I live paycheck to paycheck. Work like a dog all over the state of California, but have seen PJ 10 times since the 'lottery'. (well PJ/EV)....

Totally blessed to have that opportunity and the money to make it happen.

Just sayin' anyone who can go to 10/16 or whatever shows already hit the lottery!

I hit the 'lottery' by being in the building and I know you share that sentiment! :thumbup:
    Wilds wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

Yeah.... just fooling around. I'm 'rich' by most standards. I live paycheck to paycheck. Work like a dog all over the state of California, but have seen PJ 10 times since the 'lottery'. (well PJ/EV)....

Just sayin' anyone who can go to 10/16 or whatever shows already hit the lottery!

I hit the 'lottery' by being in the building and I know you share that sentiment! :thumbup:

OK, soapbox time. So I can justify what I mean by 'rich'.

My world view, having traveled quite a bit, really makes me understand how lucky we are in North America, Europe, and Australia. Pretty much all the places PJ goes.

Most people don't have the luxury to worry about sitting in the first row. They have to worry about the next meal. Even in America we have so many poor people.

I read a statistic once that said, if you ever reach down and have spare change in your pocket, you are probably among the top 6% of the richest people on earth.

Now I don't know if that is true by the numbers, but I do know that as a 'middle class' American I have all the food I could ever want, a nice place to live, two cars (mine and the wife's), we are clothed to our hearts desire, and vacation and do fun stuff all the time.

So by rich, I mean all of us, and at that point it is just fun to point in out (in jest) how lucky we are when it comes to following this amazing band, and how much happiness that brings us all.

This type of thing should probably be pointed out every time some spoiled whiner comes on here with a thread that starts with. "the lottery is crap, ten club bullshit!".
  • LoveBoatAdmiralLoveBoatAdmiral Posts: 1,191
    I have no idea what this particular drama is, but I have to say that I find it slightly unsettling that the ticket window operators take your tix out of the envelope before they give them to you. In Toronto last year, the woman giving me my tickets was facing the ticket stacks for a long time, and it appeared she pulled a pair of tickets, put them back, and pulled another pair and gave them to me. I'm not accusing anyone of anything, but my spidey senses were tingling.
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
    Wilds wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

I sure do! :) I guess my lottery win is when I'm online, having a hard time breathing, sweating, flipping out, hand's & arm's numb, climbing the walls & blood rushing to the head while I try for 10club ticket's. That is my lottery winning. No lottery winning seats. In the end, it's about being inside the building and seeing Pearl Jam at work. That's all that matters. :)
  • Wilds wrote:
    Ya all are jumping to conclusions and that's making me sick. Taper (the OP) still hasn't yet come out and said what's grieving him. Nothing was said that the band gave ANY seats away to friends and family. Seriously, what friends and family are going to St Louis of all places to see the band? NYC I can understand, I remember seeing Jill and the Olsen twins at MSG in 08, and they were off to the side of the stage. Trust me, 10C seats were better than theirs. But that's besides the point. Until someone actually makes some kind of proof of a claim, stop jumping to conclusions and making assumptions about what MIGHT be going on

That is fair, but of course there is going to be a shit storm when someone starts a thread like this and then disappears.

Like the 'Barf-O-Rama' in Stand by me.
    btw the original post was absolutely stupid heh. "hey guys i hate something! i'll tell you what it is later. bye"

gotta love worthless contributions to the interweb.
    I have no idea what this particular drama is, but I have to say that I find it slightly unsettling that the ticket window operators take your tix out of the envelope before they give them to you. In Toronto last year, the woman giving me my tickets was facing the ticket stacks for a long time, and it appeared she pulled a pair of tickets, put them back, and pulled another pair and gave them to me. I'm not accusing anyone of anything, but my spidey senses were tingling.

In Toronto '09, did you get your tickets outside by the tent? I didn't have a problem when I picked mine up. Showed them my drivers license. They looked through the shiny tin box. Found my name. Opened the envelope to make sure 2 tickets were there. Then she passed me the tickets.
  • it is shitty if the band is handing out front row seats to their buddies, especially if said buddies have had multiple opportunities to view shows from that vantage point. fuck pearl jam. creed would never do that to its fan.
    BS. PJ should have whoever they want, sit wherever they want at anytime. It's THEIR show. If they didn't play a show, would we be having this convo? It's their tickets to do as they please.
    Straight down the center for a hot chicken dinner!
    demetrios wrote:

In Toronto '09, did you get your tickets outside by the tent? I didn't have a problem when I picked mine up. Showed them my drivers license. They looked through the shiny tin box. Found my name. Opened the envelope to make sure 2 tickets were there. Then she passed me the tickets.

Yea, same situation, it just took her a long time to "find" my tickets and I sensed that there was more than one pair of tickets pulled. I'm not calling shenanigans cause I don't know for sure, but something seemed off at the time.
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    it is shitty if the band is handing out front row seats to their buddies, especially if said buddies have had multiple opportunities to view shows from that vantage point. fuck pearl jam. creed would never do that to its fan.
    BS. PJ should have whoever they want, sit wherever they want at anytime. It's THEIR show. If they didn't play a show, would we be having this convo? It's their tickets to do as they please.

The internet has yet to master the subtlety of sarcasm.
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    demetrios wrote:

Yea, same situation, it just took her a long time to "find" my tickets and I sensed that there was more than one pair of tickets pulled. I'm not calling shenanigans cause I don't know for sure, but something seemed off at the time.

How were your seats?
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Jesus this thread has gone mental since last night :shock:

I got lottery seats in MSG 08 on my 1 and only pj gig in the US (thanks again 10c) but here's a wee idea, all of you who are goin to more than 1 gig on a tour, save your money, come to Europe and you can pretty much sit on mikes headstock during the gig, most euro fans will put you up for free (well maybe the price of a few pints)!

Just an idea ;)

ps I know taper is sittin back laughin his ass off reading this thread go :)
    I need a coffee!
  • WM31482WM31482 Posts: 563
    Friends and family are usually put in the sections right next to the side of the stage...
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,051
    so i read 6 pages of this to find I have no idea what pissed this guy off.

I dont think i will even care when i do find out, its probably just a guy whining he didnt get close enough...
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    I need to WIN the $$$~~~L O T T E R Y~~~$$$
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Has anyone figured the odds of winning the lottery:

Does this make sense?

15,000 capacity = 1,500 10C Seats

36 seats per row x 4 rows = 144 Seats total for rows 1,2,9 & 10

144/1500 = 9.6% chance of hitting the lottery.
    i need u to come and fix Greek Economy
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

Does this make sense?

I lost him AFTER the FIRST line!...lol
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    edited May 2010
    I saw the same guy who won front row to the Ed solo show on the big screen in the front row at 2 other shows I was at. Good for him, but I think that after you win it once, let someone else have a chance. But hey, just happy that there are fan club seats in the first place....

coincidence ? i think not

That is why it's called a lottery. Some people are luckier than others and can be on a winning streak. And if you do win the lottery, why should your name be 'taken out of the bag'? If you win a tiny amount at lotto, should you not be able to have a chance again (maybe to win big money?). Lottery.
    Post edited by redrock on
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

Does this make sense?

Hey D do me a favour...stop being so damn fucking funny :lol::lol:
    I need a coffee!
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,051
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

Does this make sense?

its fixed D, with that imaginary money they printed.....

the worlds economy is all based on this now so i wouldnt worry too much, its like monopoly notes these days
    Irish Al wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

Does this make sense?

Hey D do me a favour...stop being so damn fucking funny :lol::lol:
    Allen,he is a talent,i need to grab him,before portugal does..+ i bneed to save my ass,all europe fans will ask me their money back on tour!!!especially the fans from Scotland!!:lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    pdalowsky wrote:

its fixed D, with that imaginary money they printed.....

the worlds economy is all based on this now so i wouldnt worry too much, its like monopoly notes these days
    the people own Monopoly here,cut me 350 euros per month
  • dustinparduedustinpardue Posts: 1,829
    There is 9.6% chance i will bitch for a few minutes when I again don't win the lottery, but I will feel better after a beer and a smoke. :D
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
    There is 9.6% chance i will bitch for a few minutes when I again don't win the lottery, but I will feel better after a beer and a smoke. :D
    :evil: people like u make Greek economy so bad,cos they stop do serious things and go for smoking and drinking...ok,,was the 96% of them... :lol:

p.s. 0.00001% go on tour with pearl jam 8-)
  • NoloadNoload Posts: 1,630
    The lottery is crap..but the ten club overall is great. Wish they would go back to a complete seniority based system.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
This discussion has been closed.