Dark Knight Rises 7 20 12

Comments

• PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    "Updated at 6:25 a.m. ET: At least 14 people were killed early Friday when at least one gunman opened fire at a midnight screening of the summer blockbuster "The Dark Knight Rises" near Denver, authorities and witnesses said.

Aurora police chief Dan Oates told reporters that 10 people died at the scene and four others died after being taken to local hospitals. At least 50 other people were injured, Oates said"

So sad!!!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• curlygirly9curlygirly9 Posts: 1,872
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    "Updated at 6:25 a.m. ET: At least 14 people were killed early Friday when at least one gunman opened fire at a midnight screening of the summer blockbuster "The Dark Knight Rises" near Denver, authorities and witnesses said.

Aurora police chief Dan Oates told reporters that 10 people died at the scene and four others died after being taken to local hospitals. At least 50 other people were injured, Oates said"

So sad!!!

I just got home from the screening, then read this! WTF is wrong with people?! :(
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
  • I'll be seeing it Saturday morning first thing. Hopefully nobody is up yet so I have the place to myself.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Shocked that the suspect was taken into custody alive.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,779
    Anne Fuckin Hathaway and JGL are incredible.... Loved the movie. Action was crazy.

Sad about Colorado news :( fucked up
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    I'll throw out the first meh. Alfred was terrific as usual though.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    RiotZact wrote:

maybe you just need to see it 10-20 more times to fully get it. :wave:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    WB cancels Fridays premiere in Paris due to the tragedy...classy move
    81 wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:

maybe you just need to see it 10-20 more times to fully get it. :wave:

2 or 3 should do :lol:
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,788
    Next step for me is seeing it in IMAX. I dug Anne has Catwoman and JGL as the policeman/detective was a nice touch especially the ending (not gonna spoil it ;) ). Also kinda funny to see the Pittsburgh Steelers in it :lol:

Still can't get over the shooting in CO. :(
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    I thought it was brilliant. The themes and plot are terrifyingly realistic.

Great acting too! Tom Hardy was so, so good.
    Honestly I was bored. Even at the climax of the movie I wasn't even on the edge of my seat. Anne was ok but not nearly as good as Michelle Pfeiffer. I thought Bane was EXTREMELY boring, his back story was pretty interesting though. I also think most of the "twists" and "surprises" just seemed like random ways to excite things. It was a good movie and I'm glad I went but holy shit is there way to much hype.

And wow is Hans Zimmer a genius.
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

So sad!!!

I just got home from the screening, then read this! WTF is wrong with people?! :(

Just woke up & read about this. Ridiculous. You hit the nail on the head: wtf IS wrong with people?

Sigh. :cry:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    So sad to hear about the tragedy in Colorado. These were passionate fans who were killed seeing something they were waiting a long time for. My thoughts go out to then and their family and loved ones.
    My showing starts in a minute. Can't wait much longer!
  • bionicamybionicamy Posts: 424
    Our hearts are filled with pride and sorrow here.
    We are so excited to see our son in the movie :D
    But at the same time our thoughts are with victims and their families :cry:
    “This is a ah another request fulfillment. If none of the other of you like it at least one guy does. Actually it’s a girl, she’s right back there.”
    SMILE Eddie Vedder Cleveland 06.....
  • musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
    bionicamy wrote:
    Our hearts are filled with pride and sorrow here.
    We are so excited to see our son in the movie :D
    But at the same time our thoughts are with victims and their families :cry:

who is your son?
  • bionicamybionicamy Posts: 424
    edited July 2012
    He is an orphan..... It's toward the end when there is snow.
    Post edited by bionicamy on
    “This is a ah another request fulfillment. If none of the other of you like it at least one guy does. Actually it’s a girl, she’s right back there.”
    SMILE Eddie Vedder Cleveland 06.....
  • thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    RiotZact wrote:
    Honestly I was bored. Even at the climax of the movie I wasn't even on the edge of my seat. Anne was ok but not nearly as good as Michelle Pfeiffer. I thought Bane was EXTREMELY boring, his back story was pretty interesting though. I also think most of the "twists" and "surprises" just seemed like random ways to excite things. It was a good movie and I'm glad I went but holy shit is there way to much hype.

And wow is Hans Zimmer a genius.

Just go watch The Avengers for the 20th time... :lol::lol::lol:

But that's the same thought I had with The Avengers....Too much hype for stupid "Super Heroes" flying around fighting aliens.... :roll: :lol: I can't say about this movie yet because I won't see it until August... :roll:

Sad to hear about victims in Colorado.... :cry: What's wrong with people...
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
    I was not impressed with this film. I have been a big fan of Nolan's movies for a long time and can say safely that The Dark Knight Rises is the weakest of his career. It just felt like he tried too hard to create an 'epic' feel for the movie, but ultimately it fell flat. I couldn't get a good feel for the new characters; they felt undeveloped and the acting wasn't as strong as one would expect from these actors.

As an avid comic book reader and film fan, none of the twists were surprising for me. That's not to say that the movie wasn't without its merits. The direction in the action scenes was well done and the special effects were great.

On IMDB I ranked this film 7/10 upon first viewing.
  • RobbyD462RobbyD462 Posts: 4,809
    It's Good!!
    I just got home. :D:D
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/4/24

I was not impressed with this film. I have been a big fan of Nolan's movies for a long time and can say safely that The Dark Knight Rises is the weakest of his career. It just felt like he tried too hard to create an 'epic' feel for the movie, but ultimately it fell flat. I couldn't get a good feel for the new characters; they felt undeveloped and the acting wasn't as strong as one would expect from these actors.

As an avid comic book reader and film fan, none of the twists were surprising for me. That's not to say that the movie wasn't without its merits. The direction in the action scenes was well done and the special effects were great.

On IMDB I ranked this film 7/10 upon first viewing.

I respect your opinion.This is a disaster movie vs a crime drama like dark knight. I enjoyed Bruce's journey in this one, being both mentally and physically destroyed. The dark knight story was more self contained as this one was a mucher bigger world or scope.

I would say the script isn't as good, the action is better and The ending is terrific.

And yes some of the twists were seen a mile away unlike let's say when Joker escapes for instance. It's tough living up to the last film.... But if Nolan's primary goal was to wrap up loose ends and close out a trilogy, big success IMO

The dark knight was revolutionary... This is more conventional in the story. It felt like it grabbed pcs from other big budget movies

But like I said I felt it was done well

I'd say now after letting it sync in

The Dark Knight- 9/10
    The Dark Knight Rises 8.5/10
    Batman begins 8/10

But in 70mm IMAX the set pcs were crazy :thumbup:
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    WOW!

Christopher Nolan is a genius. Still amazed by the movie. Definitely going to see it again. I haven't been able to get the ending out of my head all night.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
    gonna see it again today. went to the midnight showing then went straight to work so i didnt get a chance to see it last night cause i needed some sleep. i really liked it but i have to see it more then once to compare it fairly to DK, which i saw like a million times. I thought bane was great. joker was out to prove gotham was full of crazy people, bane just wanted to destroy them, starting with the rich (most powerful). i felt this one was bleaker and had less humor in it. no jokes between alfred and bruce, or bruce playing up the careless playboy. nothing like that. everything was serious in this one.

i thought there was some loose ends in here, but there was in DK too. my main complaint was nolan pretty much promised the trilogy would have a conclusion for no sequels, so no one could pick it up in hollywood. but the movie ended with all kinds of possible options for future movies.
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    This movie badly needed to just say to hell with it and take the R rating. I can't stand it when 2 characters are brutalizing each other on screen yet neither has a scratch or bruise. People getting shot all over the place yet never any blood. Not that I want unnecessary gore, but c'mon, it's almost like the old cartoon GI Joe/Cobra war where there were never any casualties. Anytime a plane blows up you see the pilot parachute to safety. Also, as much as I love him as "joker" in "Full Metal Jacket", Matthew Modine was awful in this film. Still enjoyed it, but at times I felt like George Lucas wrote some of the cheesy dialogue.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    I liked it. It was as good as Batman Begins.

Not as good as The Dark Knight, but I never thought it would be. TDK is the greatest superhero movie ever.
  • curlygirly9curlygirly9 Posts: 1,872
    Heisenberg wrote:
    This movie badly needed to just say to hell with it and take the R rating. I can't stand it when 2 characters are brutalizing each other on screen yet neither has a scratch or bruise. People getting shot all over the place yet never any blood. Not that I want unnecessary gore, but c'mon, it's almost like the old cartoon GI Joe/Cobra war where there were never any casualties. Anytime a plane blows up you see the pilot parachute to safety. Also, as much as I love him as "joker" in "Full Metal Jacket", Matthew Modine was awful in this film. Still enjoyed it, but at times I felt like George Lucas wrote some of the cheesy dialogue.

I agree with you. I really liked the movie still, it's hard to beat the Dark Knight, which it certainly didn't, but I noticed the bad dialogue too, and I actually didn't realize it wasn't rated R until hearing about the shootings and all the young kids in the theater. I remember thinking how violent it was when watching it, but not in a gory way, and was curious about the rating. It was pretty brutal despite the rating, I thought.
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    TDK is the greatest superhero movie ever.
    100% agree. No superhero movie will be able to compare to TDK.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    everyone knows R rating means less $$

These type of films will always be PG 13
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Newch91 wrote:
    TDK is the greatest superhero movie ever.
    100% agree. No superhero movie will be able to compare to TDK.
    Watchmen < TDK imo

So Crojam, How was it? sounds like i heard wrong.