Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    edited September 2011
    i was kind of hoping they'd go more in this direction for catwoman:

http://a1.l3-images.myspacecdn.com/imag ... a72d/l.png
    :)
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
  • Didn't Joker kidnap Gordon in a graphic novel once? Something like that would have been cool. Make it personal between Batman and Joker.

well gordon has been abducted several times throughout the batman story line, the one you may be thinking about is "the killing joke"

joker kidnaps barbara, gordon's daughter. he photographs her nude as he tortures her, shooting her, leaving her paralized. Thats how she ends up becoming oracle. Sends the photos to gordon as the cherry on top.

some of these story arcs are just plain effed up!
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
    hathaway's on conan tonight
    www.myspace.com
    i was kind of hoping they'd go more in this direction for catwoman:

http://a1.l3-images.myspacecdn.com/imag ... a72d/l.png

:)

anne hathaway as catwoman pics:
    http://www.mtv.com/photos/analyzing-cat ... hoto.jhtml

i prefer my first suggestion.
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,788
    Some of my friends got to see 8 minutes of the movie in philly the other night. Guess they were doing a screening of it. Thanks guys for inviting/telling me :x :lol: They said it was real good.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    Some of my friends got to see 8 minutes of the movie in philly the other night. Guess they were doing a screening of it. Thanks guys for inviting/telling me :x :lol: They said it was real good.

Those friends need FIRED! :lol:
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,779
    From what I've seen as of late, the choice to use Bane as the main villain could work very well.

Ive seen both the prologue and 2nd trailer....it's pretty awesome stuff. The prologue in IMAX is wowwwww

And all I gotta say is the scene at Heinz field has some serious promise.

I got to witness some filming around the Trump building in NYC in November and was on the lower level of the 59th street bridge while Nolan and his crew were topside filming

Didn't know until I got home and saw it on the news. Traffic sucked that day

its playing before the new mission impossible movie in imax...first 7 minutes of the movie. they did the same thing for dark knight.
    www.myspace.com
  • EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    PLAY THE SOUTH
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775

:lol:

i didn't HATE batman forever and batman & robin. i thought the goofy comic book feel wasn't terrible after coming off two dark burton movies.

am i alone? :lol:
    rival. wrote:

i didn't HATE batman forever and batman & robin. i thought the goofy comic book feel wasn't terrible after coming off two dark burton movies.

i think you are. :lol: ...burton's batman was great. batman returns was decent. batman forever wasn't that great but isn't as bad as some remember it. batman and robin...... :lol: i don't think i've even seen the whole thing.

is anyone else a little confused by the lack of promotion so far? i read something that wondered if warner bros isn't happy with it.... :?
    www.myspace.com
  • rival. wrote:

i think you are. :lol: ...burton's batman was great. batman returns was decent. batman forever wasn't that great but isn't as bad as some remember it. batman and robin...... :lol: i don't think i've even seen the whole thing.

is anyone else a little confused by the lack of promotion so far? i read something that wondered if warner bros isn't happy with it.... :?

I don't think they need to have much promotion right now. It is a sequel to the biggest comic book movie of all time and that pretty much sells itself. Now, if it is this quiet come May...then I'd be confused.

If You Like Crunchy Guitar Riffs, Powerful Vocals, Melodic Guitar Solos, And Meaningful Lyrics..then you need to check out one of the most refreshing new hard rock bands in quite some time...-->The Liberty Underground<--
    New trailer is out :)

It's pretty fucking spectacular!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g8evyE9TuYk

Enjoy
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    New trailer is out :)

It's pretty fucking spectacular!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g8evyE9TuYk

Enjoy

Wow. God damn I can't wait for this movie.
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    looks pretty sweet. i saw the dark knight 5 times in the theatres last time. i wonder how many times ill see it this time around
    davidtrios wrote:
    looks pretty sweet. i saw the dark knight 5 times in the theatres last time. i wonder how many times ill see it this time around

Double the amount of IMAX footage!

Buy in bulk
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    davidtrios wrote:

Double the amount of IMAX footage!

Buy in bulk

sweet...cant wait for this movie!
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    Pretty excited for this, not nearly as much as I am for the Avengers or Spiderman. I highly doubt it can live up to the last one but I hope I'm proved wrong. I'm watching batman begins right now, it's pretty good but not even on the same level as the dark night. I'm assuming dark night rises will be closer to the level of batman begins but like I said I hope I'm wrong. I just think the Heath's Joker and just the nature of the Joker character were a huge part of why the dark night was so good.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I can see this movie as not being as good as the Dark Knight, but better than Batman Begins.

Whats with Banes voice, he sounds sort of like a british butler.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    I can see this movie as not being as good as the Dark Knight, but better than Batman Begins.

Whats with Banes voice, he sounds sort of like a british butler.

apparently its a lot clearer than than in the first trailer....which is a big relief.

sounds like batman's voice is a lot clearer and less raspy than in dk.

haven't been this fired up for a move since.......well, since the dark knight. ;)
    www.myspace.com
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Discusses if Batman should live or Die in finale:
    (possible spoilers, I think)

http://entertainment.msnbc.msn.com/_new ... ight-rises

My gut reaction was die.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684

THIS IS GONNA BE AWEEEEEEEEESOOME!!!!! :D:D:D:D
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
    Its officially July :D

I've got 6 tickets for the midnight showing in IMAX, gonna make a few mixed drinks for the road...vodka-red bulls should keep me going for the nearly 3hr runtime

Looks like they arent gonna hold back on this one, suppose to have a ton more action than the previous films.

Will Batman live or die?

I'm guessing Live :roll: You cant kill him off, can you?

The new tv spot which features alot of Anne...Wa wa we wa, her backside is looking tyght :thumbup:

Just guessing here...but I have a feeling Bane is Ra's al Ghul...that he survived(needs the mask cause of the injury) and bulked up to kick Batman's ass...just a hunch
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    The film is two weeks away from release, but yesterday the producers of The Dark Knight Rises, the last installment of Christopher Nolan's Batman/Dark Knight trilogy, dropped a nearly 50-page PDF of detailed production notes on the film's official web site. Beyond the bits of dialogue, character notes and cast bios is a surprising amount of production detail straight from the mouths of Nolan and his team. In this age of Twitter/Facebook, it's a smart move to create and widely post a heftier press packet that can be parsed out in crunchy bites in the days prior to the film's release. And at 49 pages, there's something for everyone. Here are nine interesting tidbits that prove TDKR filmmakers are at the top of their craft. (Note: The original link has mysteriously gone offline since I first downloaded it earlier today, so maybe the wide-release "press packet" wasn't meant for all eyes after all.)
    1. Nolan still cares deeply about the IMAX film format. Nolan shot roughly half the film on large-format cameras with ultra resolution 15 perf/65-millimeter film, which is why he's bullish on how the film will be presented. “It is very important to me that we show The Dark Knight Rises in the IMAX film format wherever possible," he explains. "Audiences everywhere should be assured that every presentation of the film will be of the highest standard—having benefited from the clarity and depth IMAX cameras offer."
    2. More IMAX cameras and footage this time around means an even more immersive experience. “We got great results with the IMAX cameras on the last film," Nolan says. "I appreciate what it offers from the technical side, but I’m most interested in what it can give me as a storytelling tool. How can it help me pull the audience deeper into this world? IMAX provides the broadest possible canvas, creating the most immersive experience…it adds scale and broadens the tableau of the image. We learned a lot with our use of the cameras on The Dark Knight, so we were able to refine our techniques to give us better exposure and so forth. There was a lot of technical innovation, which enabled us to take it to the next level.”
    3. Speaking of innovation, DP Wally Pfister shot more scenes in lower light and got to work with a better viewfinder and lens. Says Pfister, who won an Academy Award for his work on Nolan's Inception, "We spent about six months working with Panavision and IMAX to retool the viewfinder on the cameras and craft new lenses, which allowed us to shoot in very low-light conditions. With those advancements, we were able to do things we couldn’t do on the previous film.”
    4. Nolan pushes the action as far as physical reality will take it, but Oscar-winning VFX supes Paul Franklin and Chris Corbould still make magic. The Dark Knight's new flying machine in this film, The Bat, is equal parts Apache attack helicopter, Osprey prop jet and Harrier jump jet, with an awful lot of moving parts. Says Chris Corbould, “The cockpit opens; the aerial flaps all operate; and it has working rotors and lights. It’s nearly 30 feet long and 17 feet wide and weighs about 3,000 pounds; it’s a big piece of machinery. We employed a variety of different methodologies to make The Bat ‘fly,’ because Chris’s mantra is he wants to do as much as possible before letting CGI take over. So we had it supported on wires, running along high lines, suspended from cranes or helicopters, and mounted on a specially constructed vehicle fitted with hydraulic controls.” In a scene at Heinz Field, home of the Pittsburgh Steelers, real exploding turf (scheduled to be replaced for the upcoming football season) and a massive platform extend the illusion of a digitally rendered chasm executed by Paul Franklin's VFX team.
    5. The action continues to serve character development, not the other way around. In the words of Producer Emma Thomas, “Right from the start, Chris set out to make each of these films something that could not be categorized into any one genre. The Dark Knight Rises has all of the excitement and fun that a big summer movie ought to have. The action is huge, but the story and characters are equally, if not more, important, because it’s hard to care about all the bells and whistles if there isn’t something to engage you in an emotional way.”
    6. The soundtrack's crowd-sourced experiment actually worked. Thousands of random chants, recorded and sent by normal folks from around the world via the SoundCloud app UJAM, were synched to add a signature and eerie texture to the film's soundtrack. Composer Hans Zimmer admits, “I suggested to Chris that this was a way to give something back to the fans and let them be a real part of this world. There was some question about if it would work, but it all came together beautifully.”
    7. Anne Hathaway's stunt double isn't just some guy in Catwoman clothing. It turns out that pro motocross racer and stunt rider Jolene Van Vugt—the first woman (on record) to backflip a full-size dirt bike—stepped in for Hathaway during scenes when Catwoman speeds through the streets of Gotham in her Bat-Pod.
    8. Actual Pittsburgh Steelers were cast in the film. In another nice touch of authenticity, the film brings 11,000 Steelers fans (as extras) to Heinz Field and drafts a few star players to the fictional footbal team, the Gotham Rogues. Pittsburgh's mayor, Luke Ravenstahl, appears as a kicker for the opposing team, the Rapid City Monuments.
    9. New York City is the true heart of Gotham. New Yorkers remember when Nolan temporarily occupied Wall Street and shut down the Queensboro Bridge while filming scenes in the city last year. Those minor inconveniences have been rewarded with a higher profile for NYC this time around, even though Los Angeles, Scotland and Pittsburgh were also prominent locations. “Gotham has always drawn a lot from New York," says Nolan. "It’s a heightened version of it, but that was always the inspiration, hence the name Gotham. So I felt that we should get more of New York into this film, specifically because The Dark Knight Rises is very much about Gotham…more than the previous two films have been.” In those past two films, as some will recall, Chicago doubled as Gotham City.
    It's been screened and for what it's worth it has received excellent reviews ;)

Audience gave it a standing O !
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    hi there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    gonna try and catch a midnight screening at the local theater :)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Lizard wrote:
    hi there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well Hello 8-)

But this is Batman, Lizard is a Spiderman thing ;)

Hope your summer has been good!