Dark Knight Rises 7 20 12

Comments

• pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    pjfan31 wrote:
    i can't wait to see what nolan does with catwoman...

Well lets hope she has as much 'exposure' as what she did in love and other drugs
    you get to see anne hathaway boob in that movie?!?

and to think i laughed when a female friend invited me to see it

*leaves for theater in trench coat* :twisted:

Mate, the wardrobe department spent $0 on that movie. She was naked for most of it....
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    I've only seen Alice in Wonderland so I can't really say if this is good or bad. I think after the work he's done on the previous batman films and Inception we should trust him. (Although I was really puzzeled to Ellen page's charcter and casting in Inception) Either way i'm looking forward to this, such a shame Heath Ledger isn't around :cry:
    i think its safe to assume that nolan - like guy ritchie - does not do convincing female roles

too much awesome testosterone

ellen page was like a black hole in that movie... every time she opened her mouth it was just stupidity... granted, she's a shittier actress than hathaway

Yeah she was the worst thing about Inception. If you want the best architect why don't go to someone how has done it for years and is acclaimed and 'the best in the world'? Would have made more sense then a student!

Is Catwomen a villian or an ally to Batman? I'm guessing a villian but I really hope she isn't a love interest, it would destroy what was accomplished by Rachel's death. To suddenly forget and discard that story arc from Batman's character will just be sad.

I do agree with you about strong female charcters with Nolan but with perhaps as Rachel the only exception.

i've read that naomi watts was being considered for vicki vale...this was when eva green was linked to the catwoman role though. batman-on-film.com is usually the best site for actual tdkr news without the bs rumors...
    www.myspace.com
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2011/04/20 ... /?hpt=Sbin

Is it just me or is the role of 'John Blake'- Gotham Cop played by Joseph Gordon-Levitt fake?
    I am willing to bet that he will reprise the role of Joker. He is a great actor and kinda looks like him.
    Davidtrios wrote:
    http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2011/04/20/new-dark-knight-rises-roles-revealed/?hpt=Sbin

Is it just me or is the role of 'John Blake'- Gotham Cop played by Joseph Gordon-Levitt fake?
    I am willing to bet that he will reprise the role of Joker. He is a great actor and kinda looks like him.

based on what the dude who runs the batman on film site says, i would not be surprised if some kind of switcharoo happens. i don't think he's playing the joker though.

http://www.batman-on-film.com/THE-DARK- ... 19-11.html

"Like I said, "Wow!" And for the time being, I shall keep my mouth shut. But just remember...

With Chris Nolan, it's never, Never, EVER as it seems. "
    www.myspace.com
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,779
    Marion is so effin hot....damn
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,843
    Was I the only one who was wildly underwhelmed with The Dark Knight?

No I was too. While I thought Ledger was great as the Joker, all the non-joker stuff fell kinda flat with me. I thought Batman Begins was better.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    The-Dark-Knight-Rises-Poster-280x413.jpg

1st poster came out this week, teaser trailer being shown with the new Harry Potthead movie. It leaked online, not great quality....but leave it to Nolan to make you feel like something big is coming from not very much footage.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    CROJAM95 wrote:

1st poster came out this week, teaser trailer being shown with the new Harry Potthead movie. It leaked online, not great quality....but leave it to Nolan to make you feel like something big is coming from not very much footage.

cool poster

Which this biatch came out this summer !
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    i'm waiting for the actual trailer in a few days....
    www.myspace.com
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    CROJAM95 wrote:

That poster is badass.
    I hope Bale gets some coaching on his over the top grumbly voice that was inconsistent all through the last one.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    I can't wait to see it! :mrgreen:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Jon ChorbaJon Chorba Posts: 268
    Trailer is bad ass!

This movie is gonna dominate!!!!

If You Like Crunchy Guitar Riffs, Powerful Vocals, Melodic Guitar Solos, And Meaningful Lyrics..then you need to check out one of the most refreshing new hard rock bands in quite some time...-->The Liberty Underground<--
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    Yeah, great teaser trailer- hope this does turn out to be the best of the three.

on a side note, The Avengers teaser trailer was nice as well, assuming Captain America does not suck
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Marion is so effin hot....damn

She's kinda creepy too. I thought she was one of the best things about Inception.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    I'm looking forward to this as well.

I consider The Dark Knight to be a wonderfully crafted film from start to finish. The opening sequence alone was spectacular.

I'm genuinely interested in how Nolan will follow up.

Based on the trailer, it seems this film and the the first film will share a lot of similarities.

Can't wait to see it.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
    I consider The Dark Knight to be a wonderfully crafted film from start to finish.

I sure don't. It was good. And every scene with The Joker was riveting. But everything else fell kinda flat with me. I think Batman Begins is a much better film from start to finish.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    I think Batman Begins is a much better film from start to finish.

I like Batman Begins...I think The Dark Knight had a better storyline and just never let up from the get-go.

Admittedly, I saw TDK before Batman Begins, so I may be biased. However, I specifically remember going into the theater without many expectations and being blown away by how good it was.

I thought Ledger did a remarkable job as The Joker.

I'm not trying to sell you on liking TDK...I'm just giving you my point of view as someone who didn't have a frame of reference going into the movie and came out a fan.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
    I wonder if they will go as far as to have Bane break Batman's back?
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11

I like Batman Begins...I think The Dark Knight had a better storyline and just never let up from the get-go.

Admittedly, I saw TDK before Batman Begins, so I may be biased. However, I specifically remember going into the theater without many expectations and being blown away by how good it was.

I'm not trying to sell you on liking TDK...I'm just giving you my point of view as someone who didn't have a frame of reference going into the movie and came out a fan.

PBM

No I'm not expecting you to try to sell me. I do think it's a good movie. But I don't think it's as great as people make it out to be. Every Ledger scene is fantastic...but that's all for me. I thought the Bruce/Rachel/Dent love-triangle was horribly done. I thought they switched Dent to a bad guy too quickly. In fact, I could have lived without Dent turning to Two-Face till the end so there'd be more Joker. The action scenes (opening bank robbery, armored car chase, Batman in Japan, the hospital explosion) were cool on the first viewing but came off as Michael Bay-like filler on my second viewing. Again, it's good, I just don't think it's a masterpiece like many others do.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    jervin007 wrote:

wouldn't be surprised that happens in the scene we see in the trailer....

and ledbetterman, i think dark knight is great, yet i understand where you're coming from regarding the dent/rachel storyline and them switching him to two face too fast......even with all that, though, i consider this the best movie ever made of it's genre.

i disagree that it looked like a michael bay movie though. disagree completely actually. bay uses cgi in every fucking scene he directs. i don't believe nolan used it once. the realness of the action sequences are one of the things i like best about dk.
    www.myspace.com
    Yes, please keep Michael Bay's name as far away from this thread as possible.

All his movies are garbage.

He has exploited the fact that most people want to sit in a nice air conditioned theatre in the summer and just watch shit blow up, with no story or depth of any of his characters
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217

PBM

No I'm not expecting you to try to sell me. I do think it's a good movie. But I don't think it's as great as people make it out to be. Every Ledger scene is fantastic...but that's all for me. I thought the Bruce/Rachel/Dent love-triangle was horribly done. I thought they switched Dent to a bad guy too quickly. In fact, I could have lived without Dent turning to Two-Face till the end so there'd be more Joker. The action scenes (opening bank robbery, armored car chase, Batman in Japan, the hospital explosion) were cool on the first viewing but came off as Michael Bay-like filler on my second viewing. Again, it's good, I just don't think it's a masterpiece like many others do.

I agree with you man. I also thought the scenes with Joker were good, but left feeling like I missed something. There was no back story or explanation of Jokers motives or anything. He was just a whack-job. I liked Nicholsons Joker.. he was entertaining, and had a good back story and motive. I just felt like the adversary between batman and joker was just a push pull battle.. no substance. I also thought the fight scenes in Batman Begins were just messy and confusing. All I saw was close-ups of hands punching and messy struggling..it was annoying and made me feel like I was 80 years old "how can these kids watch this ridiculous fighting?" :lol:

Dont even get me started on how boring Chicago is as Gotham. geesh..
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    There was no back story or explanation of Jokers motives or anything. He was just a whack-job. I liked Nicholsons Joker.. he was entertaining, and had a good back story and motive. I just felt like the adversary between batman and joker was just a push pull battle.. no substance.

See, that's what I ended up liking about this version of The Joker. He wasn't influenced by anything other than chaos.

As a kid, I loved the Tim Burton Batman movie and, going into TDK, didn't think Ledger could pull off a better Joker.

He was such a great dark character that just loved to bring out evil. A great character portrayal and miles ahead of Jack...blasphemy, I'm sure.

PBM

I agree with you man. I also thought the scenes with Joker were good, but left feeling like I missed something. There was no back story or explanation of Jokers motives or anything. He was just a whack-job. I liked Nicholsons Joker.. he was entertaining, and had a good back story and motive. I just felt like the adversary between batman and joker was just a push pull battle.. no substance. I also thought the fight scenes in Batman Begins were just messy and confusing. All I saw was close-ups of hands punching and messy struggling..it was annoying and made me feel like I was 80 years old "how can these kids watch this ridiculous fighting?" :lol:

Dont even get me started on how boring Chicago is as Gotham. geesh..

Yeah Batman Begins is far from perfect either. But like you said, Chicago was an amazingly lame Gothom....especially because they nailed it in Batman Begins. As for the Dark Knight, you're right, no substance in Batman vs Joker. Didn't Joker kidnap Gordon in a graphic novel once? Something like that would have been cool. Make it personal between Batman and Joker.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
    jervin007 wrote:

wouldn't be surprised that happens in the scene we see in the trailer....

and ledbetterman, i think dark knight is great, yet i understand where you're coming from regarding the dent/rachel storyline and them switching him to two face too fast......even with all that, though, i consider this the best movie ever made of it's genre.

i disagree that it looked like a michael bay movie though. disagree completely actually. bay uses cgi in every fucking scene he directs. i don't believe nolan used it once. the realness of the action sequences are one of the things i like best about dk.

The scene where they flip the tractor trailer truck is real.....and fucking badass! I can only imagine the amount of time that was put into that scene knowing that they really only had one shot to nail it.

In Nolan we trust.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • This will probably be the next movie I see at the theatre. The last one I went to see was The Dark Knight,
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self

...hmmm....not sure what to think of hathaway there....
    www.myspace.com
    Lots of unofficial footage.

PBM