Options

My Morning Jacket

Comments

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    same here, never really paid mmj much attention
    heck jim james stood next to me at storytellers-I was like big deal who the F is jim james
    :lol::lol::lol:
    I didnt really get into them until the radio city show a few years back-since then, they seem to get better and better
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    i caught them at bonnaroo in '08 tho i dont really remember much for other reasons dare to be described...too bad cuz they played for over 3.5 hrs in the rain w/many special guests

tho i did see them at MSG for the NYE '08 show and that was amazing!!! still looking for a boot of that show
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940

tho i did see them at MSG for the NYE '08 show and that was amazing!!! still looking for a boot of that show
    http://www.archive.org/details/mmj2008-12-31

enjoy

mmj is one of my top 10 fave bands and i have yet to see them live :oops: :(
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    metsfan wrote:

http://www.archive.org/details/mmj2008-12-31

enjoy

mmj is one of my top 10 fave bands and i have yet to see them live :oops: :(
    got an extra for tomorrow
    face plus the $20 you owe me :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
    I just want to say a huge word of thanks to Fenway Faithfull who hooked me up with Z and EU tickets for me and my friends. Sad that he could no longer go, but I wish him well in his studies. Glad to now know him personally, and it's funny how we had chatted at the Petty/MMJ show earlier this year and didn't know then that we knew each other as board members. When we met this week to do the exchange for the tickets, we both thought we looked familiar and then figured out we had met at the Petty show. And why am I still referring to him indirectly? Dude, if you are reading this, thanks!

I am not at Z tonight (obviously) but found three very happy takers for the tickets. I will be at Evil Urges tomorrow night and now that the work week is over, I am officially fucking BUZZING.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Fenway's a good dude. :thumbup:

enjoy the show tomorrow, man!! i've seen them live 4 times and they kill it every single time.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,922
    Loving Careless Whisper closing the show last night. Good stuff.
  • Options
    i got vids of off the record, anytime, and careless whisper last nite...i just gotta figure out how to upload them...also have bermuda highway from N2 and OBH from N3 tho the bass echoes really screw up the sound on video phones

see y'all tonite!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    gonzo
    Post edited by Get_Right on
  • Options
    I hope everyone enjoys EU tonight. Wish I could be there with y'all.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    EU tonight will be great... different MMJ album indeed.

lucky people who saw the great MMJ today. Been a huge fan since 2004 and seen them only one time :( Need to see them a whole lot more
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    i bought an extra copy of each limited edition vinyl picture disc (discovered that they're double LP when i transferred mine to the original record sleeves) for It Still Moves, Z, & Evil Urges....im gonna put 'em on the bay tomorrow unless I get an outstanding cash only offer here...can text pics to whomever requests as well

hoping to use the $$ from the auction/sale towards the 5 posters i missed out on all week...and what a great week it was!!!
  • Options
    i bought an extra copy of each limited edition vinyl picture disc (discovered that they're double LP when i transferred mine to the original record sleeves) for It Still Moves, Z, & Evil Urges....im gonna put 'em on the bay tomorrow unless I get an outstanding cash only offer here...can text pics to whomever requests as well

hoping to use the $$ from the auction/sale towards the 5 posters i missed out on all week...and what a great week it was!!!
    Rock on Bedwetter. I'd do the same thing to if I was in your position. Glad you had fun this week!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options

Rock on Bedwetter. I'd do the same thing to if I was in your position. Glad you had fun this week!
    how about offering them for face?

I have no problem with you reselling them for profit
    but dont do it here ok
  • Options
    So, I just wanna know...how awesome was Into The Woods? I'm super disappointed I missed this.
  • Options
    chimpatchimpat Posts: 590
    Had an awesome time at "Z" on Friday, loved the main set. Lucked out and got an aftershow pass from a friend and got to talk with Bo, Carl and Tommy..... real good guys. Put up a few pics/vids on my site:

http://thetremagazine.blogspot.com/2010 ... 02210.html
    "This is about as perfect a crowd as you can get. I hate to placate, I ain't placating...." - EV, 9/29/96

• Options
    wow your vids came out really well...my sound is all distorted thanks to the loud bass and echoes...i gotta go to AT&T and ask why cuz i have a great video recorder in terms of picture quality, etc. on the samsung captivate
  • Options
    chimpatchimpat Posts: 590
    Thanks man. Actually have this small camera I've been using for a couple of years now and it gets good quality audio (almost too good as you can hear a lot of the people around me drowning out Jim James at certain times, haha).
    "This is about as perfect a crowd as you can get. I hate to placate, I ain't placating...." - EV, 9/29/96

• Options
    I'm still somewhat new to this band (had a couple albums, saw them live 2-3 times) but this Portland show has sent me into the depths of addiction. I've been inhaling anything and everything MMJ for the past couple weeks.

I just have to say that Phone Went West is my new favorite song, ever.
  • Options
    There's so much to love about these guys. Phone Went West live is an experience.

So nobody wants to give me a quick fanview about "Into the Woods"? I gave up all my tickets to go this weekend and all I want is a little fanview from someone who was there about how awesome this song was. Humor me.
  • Options
    Fenway - u check out the MMJ boards? Im sure they got some more in depth reviews over there

I didn't realize "Wonderful" was a new song...I thought I had heard it before the Portland show, and I learned last night that I had....Jim played it at the Newport Folk Festival by himself....its one of those songs that you pretty much know all the words after the first verse...kinda like Smile...but I like it...cant wait for the new album and hopefully some news on what they're gonna do w/ all these T5 shows...Also still waiting to see if anyone taped the Portland show....
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    I just want to know when they're touring again.
  • Options
    Fenway - u check out the MMJ boards? Im sure they got some more in depth reviews over there
    I cant find shit over there, twisted.
  • Options

a kitten on fire
    a baby in a blender
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b66lS6zbRKM
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options

a kitten on fire
    a baby in a blender
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b66lS6zbRKM
    The sound quality is terrible, but it looks so awesome. This was the one song Im really disappointed I missed.

Now if you find you agree with what I just said, you'd better find a new love, and let 'em into your head.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    love "Into The Woods"....makes me think of a carnival for some reason.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    love "Into The Woods"....makes me think of a carnival for some reason.
    me too...gotta be the organs at the beginning
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    I've been listening to Carl Broemel's All Birds Say the entire weekend. It's so mellow. I'm hooked. He's the f'n man. On the Case(10), Different People(8), Questions(7) are my current favorites. I also love Enough(5). Great little tune.

He's doing 3 shows in October. Indy, Chicago and NY. :(

Edit: Lemme post those videos one more time.
    http://www.jambase.com/Articles/23937/Carl-Broemel--Three-Video-Performances

Just got this yesterday...Everybody in this thread should definitely check it out. Nice little mellow trip, with some cool sounds and harmonies. What a talented mf'er. After listening to it, it's hard to look at MMJ as the "Jim James Show" any more. Just didn't realize how much he brought to the table.

ALSO...Has everybody in this thread checked out the episode of American Dad featuring MMJ??? It's just awesome.
  • Options
    edited October 2010

I didn't realize "Wonderful" was a new song...I thought I had heard it before the Portland show, and I learned last night that I had....Jim played it at the Newport Folk Festival by himself....its one of those songs that you pretty much know all the words after the first verse...kinda like Smile...but I like it...cant wait for the new album and hopefully some news on what they're gonna do w/ all these T5 shows...Also still waiting to see if anyone taped the Portland show....

its a Jim James song off his solo record...its not a band song and its also not really a "new" song but still a gem to witness live during an encore of one of those shows (i believe it was N4 or N5 when we heard it...i didnt recognize it either but the guy next to me was belting it out so he obvi knew the record)

ALSO: i'll have pictures and multiple vids from each night (except N1) to post once i figure out my new phone/go to AT&T tho the vid quality may be raspy and distorted
    Post edited by Yellow Bedwetter on
  • Options

its a Jim James song off his solo record...its not a band song and its also not really a "new" song but still a gem to witness live during an encore of one of those shows (i believe it was N4 or N5 when we heard it...i didnt recognize it either but the guy next to me was belting it out so he obvi knew the record)

i thought i read somewhere it was gonna b on the new album - one of the reviews of the EU show i believe