Options

My Morning Jacket

Comments

• Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    Just back from At Dawn at TErminal 5. Mesmerizing.
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    meme wrote:

u guys got an amazing setlist!!!
    how was the venue??
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    I love phone went west, I should have gone!

Looking forward to tomorrow!
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    meme wrote:

how was the venue??

I adore that venue. The acoustics are perfect (although for some reason they were horrible during the Hacienda set). Small and embracing.
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    meme wrote:
    meme wrote:

how was the venue??

I adore that venue. The acoustics are perfect (although for some reason they were horrible during the Hacienda set). Small and embracing.
    it is a cool venue
    but the sound is actually hit or miss given the huge ceiling
    up close the sound is great, but step back and its echo city

but great bars and a very cool roof deck

should be interesting tomorrow and Sat.
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    As expected the Tennesse Fire night was out of this world.

That album has grown so much from it's originial state. Not that i don't love it as is but to see Nashville to Kentucky, They Ran, The Bear, Think i'm going to Hell, War Begun, Rocket Man, Tyrone, If All Else Fails, Picture of You, I will Be There When you Die, Old Sept...well, you get the point :D

The poster is really nice as well.

I'm certainly still a little bummed that i could only do the one show :cry:

very close to becoming my favorite band. which, at one point, was unthinkable
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    to the above poster.. they have been my fav band now for awhile just head PJ, r.e.m., wilco and the black keys.

to all the lucky bastards at T5 this week... I'm jealous.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    JenfarrJenfarr Posts: 631
    Getting psyched for tonight's show!!!
    "McCready played on, lending credence to the theory that he was actually built in Stone’s basement from spare truck parts and vinyl records." - Glide Mag. review of MSG 7/8/03
  • Options
    Jenfarr wrote:
    indeed!
    anybody know what time MMJ has been starting and ending?
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    small side note on T5. The roof deck was really cool but did the walk seem very long to anybody? like a half mile long. haha
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    chimpatchimpat Posts: 590
    Jenfarr wrote:

Jen, have an AWESOME time tonight! Would have loved to go but with the newborn, only going to make one show.... going tomorrow for Z.

Two of my favorite songs tonight though, "Steam Engine" and "One Big Holiday" (which is going to be INSANE in T5).
    "This is about as perfect a crowd as you can get. I hate to placate, I ain't placating...." - EV, 9/29/96

• Options
    Jenfarr wrote:

Tonights show will be epic!!! Wishing I could join you!!! Have a great time and report back.
    And get yourself a poster if u can!!
    Posters from TTF and AD are freakin sweet!!!
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,922
    If I could've made it to one T5 show, tonight would've been the night.

Hope everyone has a great time!

And Gardenparty......I couldn't agree more. I've always enjoyed them, and have seen them 3 times prior to Portland (2 opening for PJ and Lollapalooza in'07), but never totally got into them. But, something about seeing them last Friday in Portland just put me over the top. It's up there in my top 5 fave shows ever. Just an amazing live act and I cannot wait to see them again (in a headlining position).

Everyone have fun tonight!!
  • Options
    guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    Get_Right wrote:
    Jenfarr wrote:
    indeed!
    Nobody knows? We need an answer ;) .
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    chimpat wrote:
    Jenfarr wrote:

Jen, have an AWESOME time tonight! Would have loved to go but with the newborn, only going to make one show.... going tomorrow for Z.

Two of my favorite songs tonight though, "Steam Engine" and "One Big Holiday" (which is going to be INSANE in T5).

Pat! I'll keep an eye out for you tomorrow, as we are going the next three nights. I can do that with no kids!

Looking forward to hearing Golden and OBH tonight, but love both It Still Moves and Z equally.

Get Right - I've read that they have been playing from 9:30-11:30.
    "McCready played on, lending credence to the theory that he was actually built in Stone’s basement from spare truck parts and vinyl records." - Glide Mag. review of MSG 7/8/03
  • Options
    guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    Get_Right wrote:
    Jenfarr wrote:
    indeed!
    I hear 9:30 to 11:00. Bumped into you at the msg shows, maybe I'll see you again ;):mrgreen: .
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    3 down and 2 to go....so far my ranking is Thursday>Monday>Tuesday but tonite should top it all....Z is one of my favorite and top 10 records from last decade. I've been waiting for this show for a long time

Anyone know who the artists were for the posters on Monday and Thursday??? Last night kinda looked like Malleus but I couldn't tell...merch guy would only show me pic on camera. P.S. Sorry if i've been blocking anybody's view this week

YB
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    Anyone know who the artists were for the posters on Monday and Thursday??? Last night kinda looked like Malleus but I couldn't tell...merch guy would only show me pic on camera. P.S. Sorry if i've been blocking anybody's view this week

YB

Monday was Clinton Reno... http://clintonreno.com/blog/

Tuesday was Guy Burwell... http://www.guyburwell.com/index.php?pag ... ory=color#

I really liked Monday's owl themed poster. I didn't even see last night's poster, as we got there too late. :(
  • Options
    Thanks!!! Just PM'd Clint and joined his mailing list, already secured a Burwell poster after speaking to Guy thru email (he gave me his word), and last nite kinda looked like Malleus or Sperry but I couldn't be sure (tho their websites didnt indicate anything so i assume it's a "NO"). The merch guys wouldn't show me one which i can understand to avoid bending/rolling etc to someone's print but the guy showed me a pic on his camera which wasn't bad but too small to view an artist name.

Would really appreciate it if someone could buy me a "ticket" for a poster tonite...I'll buy ya some beers in return...and I'll be in line early on Saturday since that's a day I won't have to come from work in CT
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,922
    3 down and 2 to go....so far my ranking is Thursday>Monday>Tuesday but tonite should top it all....Z is one of my favorite and top 10 records from last decade. I've been waiting for this show for a long time

How was Mahgeetah for an opener? I've always loved that song.
  • Options
    absolutely awesome....spiked the energy in the crowd for the nite. Also, it was cool that they brought out Elvis Perkins and his band (the opener) to play horns on a couple songs. that was the first opener to partake in any songs so far this week....they've had a friend (maybe previous band member) play a song or two each nite it's hard to hear what jim says with the echo when youre at the back of the pit so idk much he's been saying or who he introduces but the songs come out pretty clear (the bass screws up phone video recordings)

Wordless Chorus should be the best opener of the week tho...i cant wait for tonite!! N1 they were learning the ropes of the venue, N2 they brought out all these red tapestries and projected the album cover on the curtain (didnt use a curtain N1) and they did the same thing last nite - i figure they'll have Z and Evil Urges covers on the curtain the next 2 nites. Buy tix on eBay, craigslist, etc ppl...you do not wanna miss tonite!!
  • Options
    great show
    great band
    great time

catch em if you can.

Run thru blew my socks off.

Thanks for the start times, although I was already in the city-timed perfectly anyway.
    Perhaps Saturday Joe!
  • Options
    chimpatchimpat Posts: 590
    How was "Steam Engine" last night? One of my favorite songs, absolutely love it.

Going tonight, can't wait.... going to be SICK.
    "This is about as perfect a crowd as you can get. I hate to placate, I ain't placating...." - EV, 9/29/96

• Options
    chimpat wrote:
    How was "Steam Engine" last night? One of my favorite songs, absolutely love it.

Going tonight, can't wait.... going to be SICK.
    It was fantastic. It was all there. Good room, good vibe, no hassles and the band delivered.
  • Options
    idk about no hassles....the pit is so jam packed its like everybody is dry humping each others' legs and back the whole time...but thats the pit i guess (still wouldnt trade the floor experience for balcony...dunno why ppl want that - ya u can lean on smthg but you cant really rock out as much imo)
  • Options
    Wordless Chorus should be the best opener of the week tho...i cant wait for tonite!! N1 they were learning the ropes of the venue, N2 they brought out all these red tapestries and projected the album cover on the curtain (didnt use a curtain N1) and they did the same thing last nite - i figure they'll have Z and Evil Urges covers on the curtain the next 2 nites. Buy tix on eBay, craigslist, etc ppl...you do not wanna miss tonite!!

I would give a kidney to be there for this one. Hope yall rock the fuck out!
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    Steam Engine opened in Mass
    Wordless opened in Portland

I couldnt have asked for a better opener at my first and only MMJ shows...they both kicked ass
    Steam Engine opener was fuckin A M A Z I N G
    best place for that song IMO...but its good no matter where they sneak it in...

• Options
    idk about no hassles....the pit is so jam packed its like everybody is dry humping each others' legs and back the whole time...but thats the pit i guess (still wouldnt trade the floor experience for balcony...dunno why ppl want that - ya u can lean on smthg but you cant really rock out as much imo)
    well yeah, its always packed up front-there are always hassles when you try to get real close
    I was able to score a spot on the side of the floor, not too far back and not under the overhang at about 9 pm
    perfect view and sound with no one trying to hump my leg :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    Steam Engine opened in Mass
    Wordless opened in Portland

I couldnt have asked for a better opener at my first and only MMJ shows...they both kicked ass
    Steam Engine opener was fuckin A M A Z I N G
    best place for that song IMO...but its good no matter where they sneak it in...

technically you've seen MMJ more than that if u caught them on the '06 tour opening for PJ (unless you were late or still tailgating)...thats really how i got into the band...and many bands thanks to being openers for our boys
  • Options
    technically you've seen MMJ more than that if u caught them on the '06 tour opening for PJ (unless you were late or still tailgating)...thats really how i got into the band...and many bands thanks to being openers for our boys

i was too busy tailgating
    im kicking myself in the arse for that now...
    i may have caught one or two of their songs at the end of their set in Boston '06
    "if i had known then, what i know now...." 8-)