Today, I almost

Comments

• LauriLauri Posts: 748
    'Open the fridge, now I know life is worth'

It's probably just 'cause I'm super hungry, but this thread reminds me of when I want something to eat and I have a house full of perfectly edible food, but nothing sounds good.

I think a lot of people on here have posted worthwhile suggestions. Maybe they'll sound good at another time.

Here's mine: It's Spring, what about joining a softball team or some other sports organization? I think there's a recreational league for just about anything out there, except sprinting. I've checked. Nothing for sprinters. If anybody hears of anything for sprinters, please send me the link. I don't even care if it's nowhere near me, I just want to know about its existence.

Lauri, you've mentioned budget restraints a few times. What's your fun budget? It might help narrow down some suggestions. Also, I understand if you want to remain as anonymous as possible, but telling us your metro area could be helpful as well.

I am on a team starting in June, it's just on weeknights. I can't afford a second team, it's pretty expensive, over $100 per season. My budget is...pretty close to $0. I really don't have any extra money after paying my bills. I spend a little for entertainment, but it's just like whatever I can come up with, I can't afford any like steady payments kind of thing.
    justam wrote:
    Lauri, I suggested TWENTY-SIX things. You had excuses for why you wouldn't want to do even one of these things.

Only one of them was to re-arrange your closet by color. And, some people would find that fun. (Comebackgirl and me!) Not you. You prefer to tell everyone why you can't do anything. And, in my defense, most of the things on my list are more interesting than re-arranging a closet!!

I am never going to give you the benefit of the doubt again. I wash my hands of this "Lauri" user name as well as all the other newer user names you will show up under in the future. And, we all know you WILL have more because in the past you have had quite a few.

my user name has been Lauri since 2003. It's my name! I'm not going to have a new one in the future, it's my name!

All of the things you suggested were just mocking me. All of those things were time wasters, not weekend activities. I'm sorry if you really wanted to suggest sock drawer arrangement or whatever it was, but it really read like hostile mocking to me, like you weren't taking me seriously. If that wasn't your intention I apologize, it just read like it the way you sort of listed all those mundane things.
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    Lauri - you've mentioned not having enough friends nearby to do a lot of things and not wanting to do certain things alone. I'm wondering if this is more about loneliness than boredom; lack of connection, etc.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    Lauri wrote:
    justam wrote:
    Lauri, I suggested TWENTY-SIX things. You had excuses for why you wouldn't want to do even one of these things.

Only one of them was to re-arrange your closet by color. And, some people would find that fun. (Comebackgirl and me!) Not you. You prefer to tell everyone why you can't do anything. And, in my defense, most of the things on my list are more interesting than re-arranging a closet!!

I am never going to give you the benefit of the doubt again. I wash my hands of this "Lauri" user name as well as all the other newer user names you will show up under in the future. And, we all know you WILL have more because in the past you have had quite a few.

my user name has been Lauri since 2003. It's my name! I'm not going to have a new one in the future, it's my name!

All of the things you suggested were just mocking me. All of those things were time wasters, not weekend activities. I'm sorry if you really wanted to suggest sock drawer arrangement or whatever it was, but it really read like hostile mocking to me, like you weren't taking me seriously. If that wasn't your intention I apologize, it just read like it the way you sort of listed all those mundane things.

Playing an instrument is mundane?
    Sitting under a tree and writing is boring?
    Learning to cook something new is dull?
    Getting a boyfriend to sleep with is a waste of time?
    Reading, drawing, hiking, these are not good activities?

As I said, I give up on believing that you are sincere. You've been doing this same thing under different names for years. You can deny it all you want, that doesn't change the truth. Everyone knows. Everyone who's been here for a while can spot you when you show up with a new name.

I don't really care that you do it, but why do you lie about it?!
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Lauri - you've mentioned not having enough friends nearby to do a lot of things and not wanting to do certain things alone. I'm wondering if this is more about loneliness than boredom; lack of connection, etc.

"its a disease...and they're all green...."
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers

"its a disease...and they're all green...."
    I know...I know... A mouse from the city ;). Can't help it. Reminds me of one of my students and she's gotten better (sort of) so I'm not giving up hope!

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    when im lonely or bored i tend to pick my nose for entertainment purposes only :mrgreen:
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    chadwick wrote:
    when im lonely or bored i tend to pick my nose for entertainment purposes only :mrgreen:
    I just used 2 Q-tips. It was FANTASTIC. :mrgreen:
    justam wrote:
    Lauri wrote:
    justam wrote:

Playing an instrument is mundane?
    Sitting under a tree and writing is boring?
    Learning to cook something new is dull?
    Getting a boyfriend to sleep with is a waste of time?
    Reading, drawing, hiking, these are not good activities?

As I said, I give up on believing that you are sincere. You've been doing this same thing under different names for years. You can deny it all you want, that doesn't change the truth. Everyone knows. Everyone who's been here for a while can spot you when you show up with a new name.

I don't really care that you do it, but why do you lie about it?!

I'm not lying about anything. I don't understand you. Why would I make this up? It doesn't make sense.

And it's exactly what I mean, I'm supposed to think you wrote "find a boyfriend to have sex with" as a serious suggestion? That's not a real suggestion, you can't just find a boyfriend, if it were that easy, I obviously that's what I'd be doing.

Some of these responses have gotten a little out of control and I can see no one is taking me seriously, so I'm just going to stop trying to explain myself. Think what you will. I don't think it's that bizarre of thing to post about, continued boredom, but apparently I am wrong. Discuss amongst yourselves I guess.
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    Lauri wrote:
    went to the office just because I had nothing else to do. I swear weekends are becoming so boring for me I just don't know what to do with myself. I went running yesterday (Saturday) and then was just like "now what?" I go and walk around my neighborhood, get lunch and dinner and coffee and ice cream when I'm not even hungry, and that's it. Last night I went and hung out at the pub, had two drinks, got bored sitting there, and left. It's getting to be a real problem. I sleep until noon on weekends because I know the only thing I have waiting for me is a trip to the gym, and then a lot of times I skip that because I get antsy knowing I'm wasting a weekend afternoon in the gym. I can't keep doing this for the rest of my life! I honestly went into Starbucks today and was jealous of the students in there working. When I was student, I was never bored- it's impossible to be bored, there's ALWAYS work to do. But I can't afford to go to grad school forever! I don't have any friends in town, every date I go on is a dud, there's nothing bad happening, but the boredom is making me lose my mind! I just hate sitting around more than anything in the world, and it's all I do! I just don't get it, what do other people do when they're not working?

Lauri, don't worry about these fools..I got your back....and you are right, weekends totally blow and are boring as training wheels...running is just a big waste of everyone's time and not to mention it wears out perfectly good new sneakers...walking and neighborhoods are overrated too, I feel you....lunch, dinner, coffee, ice cream can all go take a fucking hike for all I care...speaking of hikes, well that could be fun, wait no it can't....nothing ever good happens at pubs or as a result of drinking anyway.....come to think of it, sleeping really serves no purpose either, especially on weekends strategically planned for not going to the gym as that would just be a waste of an otherwise uneventful, boring, mundane afternoon....going on dates? Seriously, come on..nuff said...
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • The Champ wrote:
    Lauri wrote:
    went to the office just because I had nothing else to do. I swear weekends are becoming so boring for me I just don't know what to do with myself. I went running yesterday (Saturday) and then was just like "now what?" I go and walk around my neighborhood, get lunch and dinner and coffee and ice cream when I'm not even hungry, and that's it. Last night I went and hung out at the pub, had two drinks, got bored sitting there, and left. It's getting to be a real problem. I sleep until noon on weekends because I know the only thing I have waiting for me is a trip to the gym, and then a lot of times I skip that because I get antsy knowing I'm wasting a weekend afternoon in the gym. I can't keep doing this for the rest of my life! I honestly went into Starbucks today and was jealous of the students in there working. When I was student, I was never bored- it's impossible to be bored, there's ALWAYS work to do. But I can't afford to go to grad school forever! I don't have any friends in town, every date I go on is a dud, there's nothing bad happening, but the boredom is making me lose my mind! I just hate sitting around more than anything in the world, and it's all I do! I just don't get it, what do other people do when they're not working?

Lauri, don't worry about these fools..I got your back....and you are right, weekends totally blow and are boring as training wheels...running is just a big waste of everyone's time and not to mention it wears out perfectly good new sneakers...walking and neighborhoods are overrated too, I feel you....lunch, dinner, coffee, ice cream can all go take a fucking hike for all I care...speaking of hikes, well that could be fun, wait no it can't....nothing ever good happens at pubs or as a result of drinking anyway.....come to think of it, sleeping really serves no purpose either, especially on weekends strategically planned for not going to the gym as that would just be a waste of an otherwise uneventful, boring, mundane afternoon....going on dates? Seriously, come on..nuff said...

And the Champ still has it ;):lol:
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    beating-a-dead-horse.gif
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • beating-a-dead-horse.gif

:lol:

Now that does seem to be enjoyable.

. But would you rush into a burning building to save that horse????

Hmmm...now that could be a fun weekend activity. Good way to meet firemen :D;)

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    beating-a-dead-horse.gif

can you believe...i actually got bored of beating dead horses?? true story...one day i was pummeling this polo pony and i just didn't have that same passion that i had when i first started beating horses as a lad

i will say that i do get a lot of satisfaction out of smacking a congested sheep but it's not the same
  • norm wrote:
    beating-a-dead-horse.gif

can you believe...i actually got bored of beating dead horses?? true story...one day i was pummeling this polo pony and i just didn't have that same passion that i had when i first started beating horses as a lad

i will say that i do get a lot of satisfaction out of smacking a congested sheep but it's not the same

Norm you try some of this stuff, it helps with the boredom ;)

greentea.jpg
    NERDS!
  • norm wrote:
    beating-a-dead-horse.gif

I can't believe it! Maybe if you got bored of beating a dead horse I could suggest kicking a lame deer ;)
    norm wrote:
    beating-a-dead-horse.gif

Norm you try some of this stuff, it helps with the boredom ;)

greentea.jpg

peeing constantly is a good cure for boredom :thumbup:
    norm wrote:
    beating-a-dead-horse.gif

I can't believe it! Maybe if you got bored of beating a dead horse I could suggest kicking a lame deer ;)

ouch! no! ya know what? it gives you Plantar fasciitis...that shit is annoying painful
  • [/quote]ouch! no! ya know what? it gives you Plantar fasciitis...that shit is annoying painful[/quote]

Pinching old ladies on public transit? ....oh wait does that give you carpal tunnel? :lol:
    ouch! no! ya know what? it gives you Plantar fasciitis...that shit is annoying painful[/quote]

Pinching old ladies on public transit? ....oh wait does that give you carpal tunnel? :lol:[/quote]

yep!

and a peculiar rash :shock:
  • norm wrote:
    yep! and a peculiar rash :shock:

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    "Time, precious time."
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    I heard some people stare at goats.
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980

I'd try that but I just can't seem to work my way around the logistical mind field of opening my eyes and looking at something.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    eyedclaar wrote:

I'd try that but I just can't seem to work my way around the logistical mind field of opening my eyes and looking at something.

Spend too much time in that dark basement?
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    ouch! no! ya know what? it gives you Plantar fasciitis...that shit is annoying painful[/quote]

Pinching old ladies on public transit? ....oh wait does that give you carpal tunnel? :lol:[/quote]

I don't think it gives you carpal tunnel, but it does involve too much planning and effort and is just not worth the quick jolt of excitement it gives you during an otherwise overly boring train or bus ride.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    WOW this thread really went off on a huge tangent... :D
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Theovl316 wrote:
    WOW this thread really went off on a huge tangent... :D

Well, the main purpose was going absolutely nowhere... except maybe in circles. A tangent seemed more than appropriate.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977

. But would you rush into a burning building to save that horse????

Hmmm...now that could be a fun weekend activity. Good way to meet firemen :D;)

ahhhhhhhhhh the interconnectedness that is the AET. ;)

this weekend, i am getting my hair straightened again. that'll take up half of saturday. then maybe i will clean and do laundry. probably a nice home-cooked dinner saturday, maybe grilling if the weather cooperates, and then watch a DVD or 2. sunday i hope will be beautiful, spend the day out in the garden, hang with hubby and the dogs....probably food shop at some point. dinner/DVDs and then yea......there's the weekend. exciting! :mrgreen:

honestly i DO understand the emotion of 'is this all there is?'...i think we all have it from time to time. but honestly, life IS what you make it. even the small, mundane things. it's all attitude. and, i also think back even just 200 years ago. life was VERY different. the average person worked HARD, most of the time. there were no paid vacations, healthcare, or set time tables for working hours, etc. in fact, this idea of leisure for anyone outside of royalty/wealth, is VERY new. we are SO fortunate! i think often it's a good idea to reflect on this fact. in the scheme of things, we've got it pretty damn good, each and every one of us. just sayin'.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow