Today, I almost

Comments

• decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    I cut my toenails Saturday night

OMG
    winner!

and yes, i know my own declaration of such means jack shit....but seriously.....well done! i am still laughing.......hahaha.......... :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    know1 wrote:

Here is what I did this weekend:

3 loads of laundry
    Swept all the bare floors
    Scrubbed kitchen and 2 bathrooms
    Dusted the house
    Ran the dishwasher
    Took care of the cats
    Babysat a neighbor's 3 dogs
    Went to church
    Grocery shopped
    Went to the gym

Oh..and I did attend the local university's spring football practice scrimmage...by myself.

I think I was in bed each night by 10PM.

I hope this doesn't come off as bragging ;)

:mrgreen:
    you are a wild man know1....wish i knew this earlier. ;)

and it's not bragging - sharing your joy is always a good thing. :mrgreen:

btw - men who clean, most especially who scrub kitchens and bathrooms, are VERY sexy. but that's another topic... :oops:

As much as I clean, I must be way up the list in terms of sexiness (only wish that were true ;) )
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
    know1 wrote:
    know1 wrote:

Here is what I did this weekend:

3 loads of laundry
    Swept all the bare floors
    Scrubbed kitchen and 2 bathrooms
    Dusted the house
    Ran the dishwasher
    Took care of the cats
    Babysat a neighbor's 3 dogs
    Went to church
    Grocery shopped
    Went to the gym

Oh..and I did attend the local university's spring football practice scrimmage...by myself.

I think I was in bed each night by 10PM.

I hope this doesn't come off as bragging ;)

you are a wild man know1....wish i knew this earlier. ;)

and it's not bragging - sharing your joy is always a good thing. :mrgreen:

btw - men who clean, most especially who scrub kitchens and bathrooms, are VERY sexy. but that's another topic... :oops:

As much as I clean, I must be way up the list in terms of sexiness (only wish that were true ;) )

*feels faint*

men who cook are crazy-sexy too. thank bejeebus mr. dream is an awesome cook, and cooks for me nightly. :D however, on the rare occasions he actually scrubs the toilet? *swoons*

:lol:

so you bet, your wife is a lucky woman!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    nothing better than a man who smells like scrubbing bubbles I've been told

8-)
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    nothing better than a man who smells like scrubbing bubbles I've been told

8-)

beats old spice!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• normnorm Posts: 31,146

so while most girls in high school had crushes on the sexy english teacher, you had the hots for carl the janitor?

;) :P :lol::mrgreen:
    norm wrote:

so while most girls in high school had crushes on the sexy english teacher, you had the hots for carl the janitor?

;) :P :lol::mrgreen:

well, no.
    it's a taste i've acquired with age. ;)
    and being the sexy english teacher who ALSO scrubs the floors?!
    :shock:
    :o

let's just say....it cannot be politely discussed on an all-ages forum.
    and one would never be bored with such a scenario.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

oh and i love Q-Tips

never get bored when they're around 8-):mrgreen:
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    norm wrote:
    oh and i love Q-Tips

MMMMMMMMMMM QTIPS! Whoever says you don't go in the ear canal hasn't found that sort of ear bliss man lol

I adore them. My ears are super clean :D
    norm wrote:
    oh and i love Q-Tips

MMMMMMMMMMM QTIPS! Whoever says you don't go in the ear canal hasn't found that sort of ear bliss man lol

what was that movie where the guy laments the fact that his mother never let him use Qtips as a child?

ahhhhh...nevermind, i just remembered - prime.
    uma thurman, meryl streep. bit uneven yet still entertaining flick, and the whole Qtip thing was priceless.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

norm wrote:
    oh and i love Q-Tips

what was that movie where the guy laments the fact that his mother never let him use Qtips as a child?

ahhhhh...nevermind, i just remembered - prime.
    uma thurman, meryl streep. bit uneven yet still entertaining flick, and the whole Qtip thing was priceless.
    haha never seen it but what a horrific thought, to be deprived of Qtips as a kid! :shock:
    And damn I want a Qtip now, grrrrrrr

get on your bike and get some ;)
    norm wrote:

I don't know how to ride a bike :oops: I could get a pencil and some tissue but it's not the same *sigh* I'll have to wait when I get home. Oooooooh I can't wait lol
    norm wrote:

I don't know how to ride a bike :oops: I could get a pencil and some tissue but it's not the same *sigh* I'll have to wait when I get home. Oooooooh I can't wait lol

you remember bob i am sure?
    well, a bunch of us from here all took a trip down to the jersey shore oh many years ago, and he bought a box of W-tips. i shit you not. it was damn funny.

and yes, a great weekend too.
    8-)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Try volunteering in your community, you will meet people and help others at the same time

Call your local Red Cross chapter and find out becoming a volunteer for disaster relief
    Call your mayor's or local councilman's office and find out about helping AIDS patients in your community
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    norm wrote:

You are lucky that you don't know how to ride a bike. Ever since the day I learned how, my life has become insanely complicated. I mean, you need maps, schedules, a coordinated, strategic mindset for even getting around the block, AND a sense of balance. It's all a little much frankly.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
    edited April 2010
    Try volunteering in your community, you will meet people and help others at the same time

Call your local Red Cross chapter and find out becoming a volunteer for disaster relief
    Call your mayor's or local councilman's office and find out about helping AIDS patients in your community

covered on page 2:
    Lauri wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    Maybe try volunteering, working with pets, the elderly, terminally ill kids. When you do something for someone else it fills your heart and brings contentment. Also it helps you to appreciate just how blessed you are.

I'm not a good enough person to volunteer working with people, I couldn't handle it. Say what you will but some people are cut out for that sort work- and my hat is off to them- and some people aren't. I do environmental-type volunteerism occasionally, but honestly, working 7 days a week is not what I'm looking for. I'm trying to have some smidgen of fun of life, not spend 5 days a week trying to keep down the price and environmental impact of electricity and then another day or two crying over people and animals in tragic situations. Call me a horrible person but at least I am honest with myself. I also think my whole career is really "doing something for someone else"- my job benefits everyone, and I don't get any personal gain at all- every dime I make goes to pay back the student loans I took out to do the work in the first place.

excellent idea of course, but suggested and dismissed earlier.

eyed, you also need a pack of bike-riders who are at the EXACT fitness level as you, with the exact desires for what they want out of their bike rides or it just doesn't work.

who knew having fun was so complicated? :|
    nike apparently just didn't know wtf they were talking about when they came up with that silly "just do it" ad campaign. :? :D:lol:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• LauriLauri Posts: 748
    ....figure out ways to do such things. also realize, most people aren't out doing things/having a crazy-ass time EVERY weekend.

I try, I try really hard, but without fail, it's friday night, and I haven't come up with anything.

I realize people aren't out having fun every weekend, but I have NO fun EVER pretty much. I'm either at work/gym or sitting on my couch with my mind racing. And as I said, I TRY to go out and hang out in my neighborhood, but I get bored just wandering around. Even when I make myself go out to eat or something, I always leave as soon as I'm finished eating, it goes by really fast.
    you remember bob i am sure?
    well, a bunch of us from here all took a trip down to the jersey shore oh many years ago, and he bought a box of W-tips. i shit you not. it was damn funny.

and yes, a great weekend too.
    8-)
    :lol: Bob's awesome! I always have to bring a big ziplock bag of them when I travel. Buying a box really makes more sense lol
    eyedclaar wrote:
    You are lucky that you don't know how to ride a bike. Ever since the day I learned how, my life has become insanely complicated. I mean, you need maps, schedules, a coordinated, strategic mindset for even getting around the block, AND a sense of balance. It's all a little much frankly.

Well I'm glad you feel that way, I usually get made fun of when people find out I never learned how :oops: lol Managing not to fall when I'm just walking is enough, I don't need to add wheels to the mix!
    edited April 2010
    eyedclaar wrote:

hey WTF. I try to explain something to and I just get made of in two-way conversations, that's not fair. Forget I even said anything, I guess the people on this board are too immature to have any sort of meaningful conversation. Riding a bike seriously IS complicated but I guess you wouldn't know that if you never tried. Good lord I'm always reminded of why I go months at a time without visiting here. You can't get a serious response from anyone.
    Post edited by Lauri on
    edited April 2010
    Lauri wrote:
    ....figure out ways to do such things. also realize, most people aren't out doing things/having a crazy-ass time EVERY weekend.

I try, I try really hard, but without fail, it's friday night, and I haven't come up with anything.

I realize people aren't out having fun every weekend, but I have NO fun EVER pretty much. I'm either at work/gym or sitting on my couch with my mind racing. And as I said, I TRY to go out and hang out in my neighborhood, but I get bored just wandering around. Even when I make myself go out to eat or something, I always leave as soon as I'm finished eating, it goes by really fast.

i honestly just don't know what to say that. truly.
    and i do not mean this in a condescending or dismissive way at all - but damn, i feel for you. i do. idk how i would manage enjoying life at all if i thought like that. i just don't know how it's even possible to never have fun. hell, i imagine even the prisoners in auschwitz managed to laugh now and again, just to cope with their situation. i cannot imagine having a regular, pretty blessed life....and not ENJOY it most of the time.

i truly wish you luck.

and chica....... :lol: you kill me!

lauri - don't take it so personally, it's called....having FUN!

and idk, my husband is a pretty serious mountain biker. he and his friends simply have a standing date every sunday morning. texts are sent saturday to verify who's coming and when. then they all show up at a certain time/place, bikes in tow....get on said bikes...hit the trail, ride.....and then all go home. no maps involved, no mega planning. and no they are not all at the same fitness level, not even close. however, they have all collectively decided that making riding together a priority was more important than their individual fitness goals. it's all about choices....and making them.
    Post edited by decides2dream on
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Lauri wrote:
    eyedclaar wrote:

hey WTF. I try to explain something to and I just get made of in two-way conversations, that's not fair. Forget I even said anything, I guess the people on this board are too immature to have any sort of meaningful conversation. Riding a bike seriously IS complicated but I guess you wouldn't know that if you never tried.

Hey now, I can't speak for everyone... HOWEVER, I am extremely immature. ;)
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
    edited April 2010
    Lauri wrote:

and i do not mean this in a condescending or dismissive way at all - but damn, i feel for you. i do. idk how i would manage enjoying life at all if i thought like that. i just don't know how it's even possible to never have fun. hell, i imagine even the prisoners in auschwitz managed to laugh now and again, just to cope with their situation. i cannot imagine having a regular, pretty blessed life....and not ENJOY it most of the time.

i truly wish you luck.

well I enjoy moments with other people when I'm work or on the rare occasion I see friends, I just don't have any fun on my own free time. If in the rare event I have something to do I usually enjoy it, I usually enjoy pretty much anything I do. But I don't see how it's possible to have actual fun sitting around watching TV or working. I mean I don't have any fun activities to look forward to. When I come into work on friday morning and everyone's like, "thank god it's friday" I'm like "eh" cuz I don't have anything to look forward to.
    and idk, my husband is a pretty serious mountain biker. he and his friends simply have a standing date every sunday morning. texts are sent saturday to verify who's coming and when. then they all show up at a certain time/place, bikes in tow....get on said bikes...hit the trail, ride.....and then all go home. no maps involved, no mega planning. and no they are not all at the same fitness level, not even close. however, they have all collectively decided that making riding together a priority was more important than their individual fitness goals. it's all about choices....and making them.

yeah because they are all FRIENDS riding together. I used to do that to when I lived near friends. But I have to ride with an organized group, and in that case, yes you do have to have the appropriate skill level, fitness level, and take responsibility for being prepared. For example, if I'm out riding with a group of strangers, I have to know that I'm not going to hold anyone back and that I can take of any issues that might arise like getting lost or getting a flat. Joining an organized group is a lot different than riding for fun with friends. I used to go out with friends who were way slower than me, but it was ok because I knew I could go faster and they'd catch up and not take it personally. If you ride with a slower organized group, you have to stay behind the leader in the pace he sets for the ride, so it's quite a different atmosphere.
    Post edited by Lauri on
    Lauri wrote:
    Lauri wrote:

i truly wish you luck.

well I enjoy moments with other people when I'm work or on the rare occasion I see friends, I just don't have any fun on my own free time. If in the rare event I have something to do I usually enjoy it, I usually enjoy pretty much anything I do. But I don't see how it's possible to have actual fun sitting around watching TV or working. I mean I don't have any fun activities to look forward to. When I come into work on friday morning and everyone's like, "thank god it's friday" I'm like "eh" cuz I don't have anything to look forward to.

bottom-line, that's your CHOICE, not an absolute.
    you have myriad reasons why you can't have fun. why not invest all the energy you put into thinking up reasons why you can't...into why you CAN? happiness IS a choice....and having fun can be done in oh so many ways. you are a very intelligent woman, you should be able to figure out how to have fun. honestly, it's not nearly as difficult as you choose to make it.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

why not invest all the energy you put into thinking up reasons why you can't...into why you CAN?

what do you think I spend ever minute I can thinking about? I am afraid of weekends at this point, I just don't want them to come. I try to write lists of things I can do on the weekends, but I can't get them to work out right or I can't come up with the money...but the lists themselves are really short. I can't think of things to do. Not stuff that a person can just go out and do with no training or money or anything anyway.
    Lauri wrote:
    why not invest all the energy you put into thinking up reasons why you can't...into why you CAN?

what do you think I spend ever minute I can thinking about? I am afraid of weekends at this point, I just don't want them to come. I try to write lists of things I can do on the weekends, but I can't get them to work out right or I can't come up with the money...but the lists themselves are really short. I can't think of things to do. Not stuff that a person can just go out and do with no training or money or anything anyway.

well then, i think you should merely accept reality then. apparently it is totally impossible for you to have fun on weekends. ever. so you should simply resign yourself to a lifetime of unhappiness and misery. perhaps if you get in that mindset, you might actually, inadvertently, fall on top of an idea of how to have fun! or hell, at least find some contentment/peace. i mean shit, if i were 'panicked' about weekends, if i thought obsessively over them, well...that would be exhausting!

idk why i participate.
    what's the saying?
    insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. i don't think i REALLY expected different results, but i do always hope. i'm a dreamer afterall....;)
    seriously, i truly wish you could find a way to make yourself happy. you CAN, but you just.....don't. there is absolutely nothing else i or anyone can say. it's like any other life problem. one has to choose to see the issue and correct it, or nothing will change.
    good luck.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

Lauri wrote:
    hey WTF. I try to explain something to and I just get made of in two-way conversations, that's not fair. Forget I even said anything, I guess the people on this board are too immature to have any sort of meaningful conversation. Riding a bike seriously IS complicated but I guess you wouldn't know that if you never tried. Good lord I'm always reminded of why I go months at a time without visiting here. You can't get a serious response from anyone.

you asked
    Lauri wrote:
    what do other people do when they're not working?

and practically everyone here has tried to help with suggestions and you've rejected them in total...you have an excuse for everything...seriously, i never knew a fucking bike ride is like launching the space shuttle

people are trying to help but it doesn't sound like you want help but sympathy...and if that's the case, well i'm sorry you're bored...i'm sure it frustrating to find no joy in your non-work life...maybe some therapy would help
    edited April 2010
    norm wrote:
    Lauri wrote:

you asked
    Lauri wrote:
    what do other people do when they're not working?

and practically everyone here has tried to help with suggestions and you've rejected them in total...you have an excuse for everything...seriously, i never knew a fucking bike ride is like launching the space shuttle

people are trying to help but it doesn't sound like you want help but sympathy...and if that's the case, well i'm sorry you're bored...i'm sure it frustrating to find no joy in your non-work life...maybe some therapy would help

I only "rejected" people because they weren't taking the issue seriously. I mean that one person told me to organize my closet? Seriously, I'm supposed to think s/he was being sincere there? Right from the beginning people were bs'ing me. No one said, "I had the same problem and this is what I did" no one gave me real suggestions like organizations that do fun things. Ok I take that back, one or two people said volunteer, but when I said that wasn't what I was looking for, everyone got all huffy about it. I don't get it, all I said was I wasn't looking for volunteer work. Almost all of what people have said is just insulting, saying I feel this way because I'm selfish and trying to relive my 20s, and laughing and saying it's not really problem. Well, it is a problem for me, and I'm not saying it's the end of the world but I thought I could have a useful discussion about it, and I was wrong.

And I can't help it if you don't understand, but going for a proper bike ride does take a lot of preparation. There are issues involving safety, navigation, equipment, and group schedules to think about in advance. I like how you think that's funny even though I'm person that knows about it and you're not. Like anything else, you can sort of do something, but there's doing something and doing it right. If I want to ride long distances and accomplish my personal goals when it comes to biking, then yes, it is important to do it properly.
    Post edited by Lauri on
    Lauri wrote:
    I only "rejected" people because they weren't taking the issue seriously. I mean that one person told me to organize my closet? Seriously, I'm supposed to think s/he was being sincere there? Right from the beginning people were bs'ing me. No one said, "I had the same problem and this is what I did" no one gave me real suggestions like organizations that do fun things. Ok I take that back, one or two people said volunteer, but when I said that wasn't what I was looking for, everyone got all huffy about it. I don't get it, all I said was I wasn't looking for volunteer work. Almost all of what people have said is just insulting, saying I feel this way because I'm selfish and trying to relive my 20s, and laughing and saying it's not really problem. Well, it is a problem for me, and I'm not saying it's the end of the world but I thought I could have a useful discussion about it, and I was wrong.

everyone is different...to some people, organizing their closet is fulfilling...if it isn't for you simply say thank for the advice and move on

you really have to understand that most people don't have this problem and in fact find it unbelievable that you can't find fulfillment in your down time...once you realize this, try to point us into ways we can help

if you mentioned it early on, i probably missed it, but i don't remember you asking for organizations that do fun things...however, that is a very broad subject...gives us some clues as to what you find fun (and if you have, once again sorry)

to quote jerry macguire "help us help you" :)