May 18 Newark, NJ added

Comments

• SeaSea Posts: 3,011
    A warning to all...

See the Posting Guidelines
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=91525
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,980
    THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU

Many, many thanks for giving me another shot at seeing the guys on this tour -- shut out of both MSG shows, much to my and my boys' disappointment. I really appreciate this gesture.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Tone wrote:

You know there will be spares floating around and there are enough of us here and on FB to help each other out... despite some of the hostility in this thread, I have faith in the many PJ friends I have... you included and am sure we will all be rocking out together in Newark!

Right you are Tone...we'll be there! :D
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,224
    Yes thanks a ton 10C this should def prove to all the doubters that this is the best FANCLUB around :):)
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • cippociappocippociappo Posts: 692
    10C is great... :D
    Makes me ache, makes me shake...
    ...is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • For anyone that does not know how to get there...

www.njtransit.com

type in

Departure - New York Penn Station

Arrival - Newark Penn Station
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    This is really cool and reminds me of how they did the LA tickets last year (1 pair per show)... Worked really well in a small arena...

To give everyone a fair share at seeing them live is something no other band would do... I got my MSG's and am thrilled and it led me to travel a bit so I am not complaining :D
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    Hey,
    I am just happy to go to two shows. I scored tix to Boston and MSG (21st) through TM.
    If not feeling the need to see them in NJ makes me NOT a die hard fan well then so be it.

I just feel that I am letting another fan, maybe a first time fan, able to get tix. This is the mentality
    that we all should have. Yes its true the squeaky wheel gets the oil, However too much oil in an engine
    can cause pretty severe damage...

lets keep this in mind while you all are complaining.
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • WOW!

What an unexpected pleasure in my inbox :-)

i was one of those shut out from everything! the 10c sale, the tm presale, and then tm...i just figured it was meant for me not to go! I didnt bitch about it on here, cause i just saw them in oct in philly, so i just wrote it off and figured i would just sit this one out.

BUT NOW! I HAVE A CHANCE! WOOOOOOOOOOOOT! thanks 10c, how awesome is this! and only an hour from me, much much easier then treking into the city!

thanks, i hope i get through!
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    WOW!

i was one of those shut out from everything! the 10c sale, the tm presale, and then tm...i just figured it was meant for me not to go! I didnt bitch about it on here, cause i just saw them in oct in philly, so i just wrote it off and figured i would just sit this one out.

BUT NOW! I HAVE A CHANCE! WOOOOOOOOOOOOT! thanks 10c, how awesome is this! and only an hour from me, much much easier then treking into the city!

good luck mate!
    This is what's so awesome about this band! I was in the same boat as you -- shut out of all presales, and I decided not to make the trip to NY and save my cash, but it makes me happy to see others get a chance who tried so hard and were shut out.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    WOW!

Good Luck mama!
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • RE4790RE4790 Posts: 801
    I'm not trolling, I was just trying to put some perspective on this. I think it's amazingly generous of the band to add another show in the NYC metro area, I just don't like the idea of denying people access to a presale for getting lucky on another presale. I really believe that everyone should have an equal shot at any show, regardless of how far they have to travel or if they got tickets to a different gig. Yes, that means some people will get shut out, but it's the only way to be fair to everyone. I do hope everyone that was unlucky with MSG tickets, gets tickets to this and that show is amazing. They always are.
  • phungiphungi Posts: 641
    All I can hear I me mine, I me mine, I me mine.
    Even those tears I me mine, I me mine, I me mine.
    No-one's frightened of playing it
    Ev'ryone's saying it,
    Flowing more freely than wine,
    All thru' Your life, I me mine.

I-I-me-me mine,
    I-I-me-me mine,
    I-I-me-me mine,
    I-I-me-me mine.
    37 PJ Shows, 3 EV Shows, 1134 Total Songs, 24 Different Openers, 9 Different Closers, 252 Unique Songs (never enough)
  • thanks for the well wishes, now i hope i can do MY part and get through lol

i remember a few years back, i volunteered my msg tix for pnc tix, i forget what year that was. does anyone remember that?

its really hard to get a ticket here in the tri state area, so many people make a vacation out of it and travel here to the shows. its nice that the 10c took that into consideration when announcing this added bonus to give those that live here another chance! it must feel good for all of them to know how much we love them here!

thanks again 10c!!!

ps, i havent visited the board in a few weeks, so its time to catch up!
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    dont knoc k Newark to all the haters,

At least the facilities are relatively brand new,
    with plenty of ample parking and well as transportation linkups,

and really, we all know the worst place to play in NJ is Camden

Wonder how long till the Springsteen rumours start to pump out of the mill,.....
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    So they have no faith in the Devils either :lol:

:(
    After last night, I dont either....
    :(
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    Rubysdad wrote:
    Hey Members!....

ADDITIONALLY!

In an effort to provide more tickets to our fans who were unable to secure a pair to either of the MSG shows, for the first two hours the pre-sale will be restricted to members who do not already have MSG tickets. At 12 noon Pacific time this restriction will be lifted should any tickets remain in stock.

Pre-sales for any available tickets will remain open until Thursday, April 22nd at 5pm Pacific Time. Confirmations will not be sent until the pre-sale has ended. In the meantime you may view your order confirmation number in your online order history.

For wheelchair accessible seating, please contact us at 1-800-724-8038 before making a ticket purchase.

Visit this link http://www.pearljam.com/ten-club/tickets for information on the official rules, policies, and procedures for purchasing tickets from the Ten Club. We highly recommend that you read these details before purchasing tickets to a show so you are aware of how the ticketing system will work for you!

Questions about Ten Club tickets can be directed to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:tickets@tenclub.net">tickets@tenclub.net</a><!-- e --> or by calling 1-800-724-8038. Your patience is appreciated.

Public Ticket Sale: Public tickets go on sale Saturday, April 24th at 10 AM Eastern time at ticketmaster.

Another evidence that 10c does not care about their members. :P

Make sure to add this to list whenever somebody bitches about how 10c does nothing or not listening. ;)

I am happy for those who got shut out of MSG shows through 10c gets another opportunity through 10c! Good luck!!!

10c RULES!!!
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    WOW!

TheOffice-ThatsWhatSheSaid-Michael.jpg
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    56 minutes from my house, so sayeth Mapquest- I need to go!!!!!!!!

PRAYING my mom will let me go!!! (She doesn't quite understand my PJ obsession)
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Awesome!

During his '08 solo show in Newark, towards the end, EV did mention NWK was his newest fav. place to play, :D
    "Now when people ask me, where's my favorite place to play, I'll reply, Newark NJ!" -EV (solo '08)
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,980
    samjam wrote:

Well, you could go with me, LOL. {I'm female.} My husband is away that week, so if I can get tickets I will be going with my two boys (11 and 13). That means I will need to bring along a fourth person to keep an eye on the Boy Wonder while I enjoy my hypothetical 10C seats with the other kid. So you could tell your mom that you are going with someone else's mom and her two super-goofy (but kind of cute) boys. Crazier things have been done, I'm sure.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    edited April 2010
    samjam wrote:

Well, you could go with me, LOL. {I'm female.} My husband is away that week, so if I can get tickets I will be going with my two boys (11 and 13). That means I will need to bring along a fourth person to keep an eye on the Boy Wonder while I enjoy my hypothetical 10C seats with the other kid. So you could tell your mom that you are going with someone else's mom and her two super-goofy (but kind of cute) boys. Crazier things have been done, I'm sure.

And I've been a camp counselor since I was 14 & love kids- this could work!! :D
    Already looking bleak though, as my mom's gonna be on business :?
    But crossing my fingers REALLY tightly to be able to go to this show!
    Post edited by samjam on
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,924
    Seriously though, off the top of my head.

-Members bitch about the system crashing, so they stagger the sales.

-Members bitch about seniority issues so they introduce the lottery.

-Members bitch about getting shut out in their home town so now this.

-Members bitch about the lack of available 10c tickets so they push for more tickets to larger shows (Philly, Chicago, Seattle etc)

I think they are doing a fine job!

I can add
    -Members bitch about sitting in rear floor(2003) so they now go up the sides

-Members bitch about block seat assignments and having to wait in line so now they have specific seat assignments.

-Members bitch about 10c tickets for only 1 show per tour(2000) so now they opened it up so 10c members can get 10c tickets for multiple shows.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • This is awesome !! I got MSG so I won't be able to try for these but I am so happy that those that got shut out have another chance. What this club and band do for there fans is really remarkable!!

Just get involved with other bands or artists so called fan clubs and you will really appreciate what the Ten Club does for us. The others think that be giving a pre sale password to fans 1 hour before tickets on on sale at Ticketmaster is really "taking care of the fan" !!! Getting tickets to these artists/bands concerts are nearly impossible and getting good seat well forget about it unless you want to pay through the roof with a scalper !!!

Again Thank You Pearl Jam and the Ten Club for always going above an beyond for the fans !!! Love it !!!! :D:D:D
  • Do you see the band making any plans to come to Fl this tour??? :mrgreen:
  • I am going to try to get MSG tickets 2morrow wish me luck the one place that I have never seen a show there :mrgreen:
  • It is difficult to justify any comment that says it is unfair to get locked out of Newark if you already have MSG tix. For those of you complaining, you know you'll get in the building if you want to. Fair or not fair, there is no denying that it was a nice/generous thing for Ten Club to do. I was able to get tix for MSG and hopefully i'll get through at noon for newark.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    So, this means that people who got tix to MSG may potentially be shut out of 10c tix for NJ?
    exactly
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    Face it people - this totally sucks, I'm going to have to be online at 1am local time to try and get tickets!!! :lol:

Thanks 10c :)
  • TresentPenseTresentPense New York City Posts: 551
    Can't wait! Even though I'm "shut out" for this one for 10C seats, no complaints from me about the 2hr sale restriction. I'll still find my way in the door...
    '98: 8/22
    '00: 8/23 8/24 8/25
    '03: 4/30 7/2 7/3 7/8 7/9 7/11
    '04: 10/1
    '06: 5/13 5/27 5/28 6/1 6/3
    '08: 6/24 6/25 6/27 6/28 7/1
    '09: 10/30 10/31
    '10: 5/15 5/18 5/20 5/21 6/25
    '11: 9/3 9/4
    '12: 9/2 9/22
    '13: 7/19 10/18 10/19 10/21 10/22 11/23 11/24
    '14: 10/19