2010 Minnesota Twins

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    The Fixer wrote:

I'm hoping for a Twins/Rangers ALCS myself and then a Twins/Reds WS.

And I'm hoping to see Leprechauns and Unicorns

:lol::lol:

reds ws ??????????????????????

wanna bet on that?
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    can the people of minnesota tell me if teixeira's homerun has landed yet?

just curious.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Is Minnesota planning on choking the first round again???
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    The Fixer wrote:

I'm hoping for a Twins/Rangers ALCS myself and then a Twins/Reds WS.

And I'm hoping to see Leprechauns and Unicorns

classic :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

they are slowly turning into the atlanta braves of the AL. all these playoff appearances and nothing to show for it. shame.
    rival. wrote:

they are slowly turning into the atlanta braves of the AL. all these playoff appearances and nothing to show for it. shame.

mini atlanta. atlanta would make the series and lose, and make the nlcs and lose. mn gets it over in the 1st round.

i still hope they beat new york.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,734
    Hang in there Twins fans. The Twins lost but it was hardly a dominating victory. Pavano was great against NY last year and I think he'll do it again. The big thing for the Twins is to bounce back and stay of the "here we go again" mentality.

The Yankee thread is full of a lot of really vile smack talk but I'm staying out of it. That organization is ugly all around.

You talking to yourself? haha, only kidding.

Vile smack talk? If I am not mistaken, aren't you the one who said the Yankees can "lick my balls"?
  • Don't you guys have your own threads to run your mouths off in?
    So this life is sacrifice...
    6/30/98 Minneapolis, 10/8/00 East Troy (Brrrr!), 6/16/03 St. Paul, 6/27/06 St. Paul
  • Is Minnesota planning on choking the first round again???

This is always such a lame sour grapes statement. At least my team made it to the postseason.
    It's one game. Let's wait and see what happens.
    6/30/98 Minneapolis, 10/8/00 East Troy (Brrrr!), 6/16/03 St. Paul, 6/27/06 St. Paul
    [Hawk] It's Ovah [/Hawk]
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    [Hawk] It's Ovah [/Hawk]

There's an HTML tag for the Hawk? :D

This is always such a lame sour grapes statement. At least my team made it to the postseason.

Oh come on, like you wouldnt be saying the same if the Sox were in the postseason.

Oh come on, like you wouldnt be saying the same if the Sox were in the postseason.

But they're not, so there you have it.
  • vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,109
    Most of the above thread is why I hate trash-talk. Completely ruins the experience of sports.

What's so frustrating about last night is that the Twins 3-0 early lead was pretty deceptive; it felt like the Twins were going to win. But the Yankees, to their credit, were quietly accumulating hits, moving runners around and luckily Liriano kept working out of jams. The Twins runs, on the other hand, came on a 2R HR (which was an absolute rocket live, by the way), a wild pitch (after a freak 2 base sacrifice), and then a bases-loaded walk. In other words, they weren't knocking the ball around the park at all. Now, coaxing a walk with the bases full is great, but the Twins were 0-7 with runners in scoring position. In the playoffs. At home. That's like turning the ball over 5 times on the road in the NFC Championship Game...(there's gotta be a thread for that topic somewhere, right? ;) ). But throughout the game, several players had opportunities to put runs on the board and failed: Mauer, Thome, Span, Hardy, Valencia, Kubel. That's 2/3 of the lineup! And yes its easy to sit back and say "oh everyone should hit all the time"; that's just not realistic. But while not everyone will hit in every situation, sooner or later someone has to step up, get a clutch hit, put some distance between you and the opponent, and let the bullpen do the rest. At least, that's what needs to happen if the team truly is a World Series caliber team.

Another thing: Longest game ever. I'm sure its some mix of the Yankees (who traditionally stretch things out) and the TBS broadcast....but I am wrecked right now. Probably didn't help that I came in early to work so I could leave early to get to Game 2 this evening!

Anyway...here's to hoping the Twins can turn things around... :D
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
    2023-08-31 Wrigley 2
    2023-09-15 Fenway 1
  • vant0037 wrote:
    Most of the above thread is why I hate trash-talk. Completely ruins the experience of sports.

What's so frustrating about last night is that the Twins 3-0 early lead was pretty deceptive; it felt like the Twins were going to win. But the Yankees, to their credit, were quietly accumulating hits, moving runners around and luckily Liriano kept working out of jams. The Twins runs, on the other hand, came on a 2R HR (which was an absolute rocket live, by the way), a wild pitch (after a freak 2 base sacrifice), and then a bases-loaded walk. In other words, they weren't knocking the ball around the park at all. Now, coaxing a walk with the bases full is great, but the Twins were 0-7 with runners in scoring position. In the playoffs. At home. That's like turning the ball over 5 times on the road in the NFC Championship Game...(there's gotta be a thread for that topic somewhere, right? ;) ). But throughout the game, several players had opportunities to put runs on the board and failed: Mauer, Thome, Span, Hardy, Valencia, Kubel. That's 2/3 of the lineup! And yes its easy to sit back and say "oh everyone should hit all the time"; that's just not realistic. But while not everyone will hit in every situation, sooner or later someone has to step up, get a clutch hit, put some distance between you and the opponent, and let the bullpen do the rest. At least, that's what needs to happen if the team truly is a World Series caliber team.

Another thing: Longest game ever. I'm sure its some mix of the Yankees (who traditionally stretch things out) and the TBS broadcast....but I am wrecked right now. Probably didn't help that I came in early to work so I could leave early to get to Game 2 this evening!

Anyway...here's to hoping the Twins can turn things around... :D

All great points. The Twins just don't have the Puckett/Hrbek/Jack Morris type who can step up their game in the playoffs. That's been a problem since long before this postseason. I'm hoping Pavano can be that guy tonight. He pitched terrific in game 3 of the ALDS last year. I think Valencia can be that guy in the future. I like his attitude and he's got some swagger.
    vant0037 wrote:
    Oh, come on.. It's only trash talk if it isn't true. :D
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    Twinkies gotta stop playing like they're waiting for the floor to collapse. Tough one with that ball not being called a strike though.
    Well.. typical AL Central post season showing so far..
    :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
    Shhhhhhh
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Shhhhhhh

haha, I know. Almost didn't press submit. I am not real supersitious though.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Shhhhhhh

haha, I know. Almost didn't press submit. I am not real supersitious though.

I yelled at my girl to get off the phone after mauer :lol:
  • Why do you guys keep coming over here gloating? I fully admit to doing that on occasion too but this is just relentless dickery. It reflects badly on you as baseball fans and PJ fans. Again I admit to talking some crap but I've kept it mostly on my team's board and I've never taken it to the level some of you do. You guys are just ganging up like thugs. I don't expect much from Yankee fans but this is a new kind of low. It just proves my point that Yankee baseball has nothing to do with baseball and everyone to do with inflating one's feeling of superiority and self-importance. Thanks for proving this point over and over again.

A team with half your payroll is competing very capably here. Shouldn't you be happy for them since that helps your ridiculous "it's not just because we spend more money" arguments?
  • Well.. typical AL Central post season showing so far..

Not over yet...
    Why do you guys keep coming over here gloating? I fully admit to doing that on occasion too but this is just relentless dickery. It reflects badly on you as baseball fans and PJ fans. Again I admit to talking some crap but I've kept it mostly on my team's board and I've never taken it to the level some of you do. You guys are just ganging up like thugs. I don't expect much from Yankee fans but this is a new kind of low. It just proves my point that Yankee baseball has nothing to do with baseball and everyone to do with inflating one's feeling of superiority and self-importance. Thanks for proving this point over and over again.

A team with half your payroll is competing very capably here. Shouldn't you be happy for them since that helps your ridiculous "it's not just because we spend more money" arguments?

Oh stop dude. It's all in good fun and just a game. Take it easy.

I personally have always like the Twins. I was very happy when they signed Mauer, was excited about the new stadium and have always liked Gardenhire. I think it's great that they were able to sign their franchise player to a long term deal. It was a great thing for baseball in general.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Why do you guys keep coming over here gloating? I fully admit to doing that on occasion too but this is just relentless dickery. It reflects badly on you as baseball fans and PJ fans. Again I admit to talking some crap but I've kept it mostly on my team's board and I've never taken it to the level some of you do. You guys are just ganging up like thugs. I don't expect much from Yankee fans but this is a new kind of low. It just proves my point that Yankee baseball has nothing to do with baseball and everyone to do with inflating one's feeling of superiority and self-importance. Thanks for proving this point over and over again.

Oh stop dude. It's all in good fun and just a game. Take it easy.

I personally have always like the Twins. I was very happy when they signed Mauer, was excited about the new stadium and have always liked Gardenhire. I think it's great that they were able to sign their franchise player to a long term deal. It was a great thing for baseball in general.

Dude's just pissed right now because his team is getting smoked. So I understand him being upset, but at the same time it's called ball busting - and with such there's no such thing as boundary lines, which by the way, are meant to be crossed. And I'm not even a Yanks fan.
    And as I have mentioned in the Yankees thread, this is not talking shit but I don't understand how the Yankees have dominated the Twins like they have. It does not really make sense to me. The Twins are a big league club, a good one at that. This shit is pretty bizarre.
    darth, you are taking this thing way too seriously for reasons cliffy already mentioned. yankee fans have been called alot of things on this board, but thugs is definitely a new one. thanks for that.

watching the past two games, i was trying to find things i don't like about the twins, and i just can't think of any (aside from pavano, for obvious reasons). i just don't want them to beat the yankees. they play great baseball and are well coached.

thought gardenhire had a pretty classy post game interview. real stand up guy.
  • vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,109
    So down right now... I agree with a lot of what's been said; its bizarre how poorly the Twins have played against the Yankees. So much of sports is a mental thing, that maybe this group of guys just has it in their heads that they're going to lose. Or maybe they're all cold? I don't know. Watching the game last night, I've never seen a lineup so intent on killing momentum. Span gets on, Hudson GIDP. Hudson homers, Mauer grounds out. Young triples, Thome grounds out. Rauch gets 2 HUGE outs with the bases full against A-Rod and Cano; Cuddyer follows with a leadoff 3-pitch strikeout, Kubel fouls out and Valencia takes strike 3 with the bat on his shoulder.

Fans were pissed when Pavano didn't get strike 3 against Berkman (and Berkman hit the next pitch to deep left), but thats besides the point: if Pavano didn't walk Posada or get behind just about every hitter all night, maybe he gets that called 3rd strike. Baseball is a game of inches and with pitching, you have to get the ump to widen the strike zone by throwing strikes. Consistently walking people or missing your spots makes the ump narrow the strike zone and that's what happened with Berkman. Now, it looked like a strike to me, but again, I'm not surprised that the ump didn't give the call to a guy who labored most of the night.

Anyway...its Friday, I'm sick with a shitty fall cold, and college hockey starts tonight. Thank god. As a die-hard Twins fan, I'm not sure I can take much more of this. Here's to hoping they can pull off a miracle in NY. ;)
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
    2023-08-31 Wrigley 2
    2023-09-15 Fenway 1
  • is Pavano's mustache supposed to be a joke thing? OR is he is serious with that?
    Honestly wondering???
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra