2010 Minnesota Twins

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    I warned ya
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Just bumping a dead thread.. how's your team doing? :lol:

Our team is doing great now! How's yours doing? Have the nightmares of Jim Thome walk-offs subsided yet?

But hey you've got Manny now. A great right-handed hitter. He's also a classless idiot so he should fit right in with the White Sox.
    So this life is sacrifice...
    6/30/98 Minneapolis, 10/8/00 East Troy (Brrrr!), 6/16/03 St. Paul, 6/27/06 St. Paul
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,825
    Just bumping a dead thread.. how's your team doing? :lol:

Our team is doing great now! How's yours doing? Have the nightmares of Jim Thome walk-offs subsided yet?

But hey you've got Manny now. A great right-handed hitter. He's also a classless idiot so he should fit right in with the White Sox.

So the Sox are classless idiots??? Please do explain.
  • IwasBit10IwasBit10 Posts: 646
    He's also a classless idiot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCX_XlRYYDo
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
    there is no denying that manny is a clown, i don't see your blanket statement applying to the rest of the white sox.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Just bumping a dead thread.. how's your team doing? :lol:

Who else on the Sox is a classless idiot?

I want names and examples.
    anybody know if favre is going to play this year or retire again
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Not so much the White Sox players, more the fanbase:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IG8nYtDkkqE

Although it was especially nice how Sox infield did nothing to help.

Sox pride!
    6/30/98 Minneapolis, 10/8/00 East Troy (Brrrr!), 6/16/03 St. Paul, 6/27/06 St. Paul
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Not so much the White Sox players, more the fanbase:

Sox pride!
    Dude, that was YEARS ago.. And those guys were from Indiana, I'm not even sure they were Sox fans. Every team has its ugly fans. Let it go.

I don't think anyone here has really insulted Minnesota fans. I'm not sure where the attacks on us are coming from, but if you're trying to claim we are classless, you're not being classy about it.
  • IwasBit10IwasBit10 Posts: 646

Sox pride!
    Dude, that was YEARS ago.. And those guys were from Indiana, I'm not even sure they were Sox fans. Every team has its ugly fans. Let it go.

I don't think anyone here has really insulted Minnesota fans. I'm not sure where the attacks on us are coming from, but if you're trying to claim we are classless, you're not being classy about it.

Unfortunately, I know plenty of Twins fans. Fortunately, most of them aren't like anakin skywalker here.
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,825

Sox pride!

It's unfortunate that those 2 assholes give Sox fans a bad name. Like you said, every team has moron fans.
  • THOME!

I think this is where it falls apart for Chicago. Time to get the "Magic Number" boards out at Target Field!
  • THOME!

I think this is where it falls apart for Chicago. Time to get the "Magic Number" boards out at Target Field!
    Win as many as you want the rest of the season. It's too bad you will choke first round if you make the playoffs.
  • DangDangDangDang Posts: 1,551
    Do any of you guys know Dave Shinskie?
  • THOME!

Win as many as you want the rest of the season. It's too bad you will choke first round if you make the playoffs.

Nice sour grapes there.

Either way the magic number is 18! And you can put that on the boaaaaaaaaaaaaaard–YES!
    THOME!

Nice sour grapes there.

Either way the magic number is 18! And you can put that on the boaaaaaaaaaaaaaard–YES!

:lol: Bad Mojo bit him in the ass...never anger the baseball gods
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • THOME!

Nice sour grapes there.

No denying there's some sour grapes here. It's been a tremendously frustrating 2nd half for the Sox. So many close games that got away from them. And then having to watch the Twins have the opposite happen to them, it's been rough.

But there's also no denying the lack of postseason success by the Twins in recent years. 4 (soon to be 5) division championships in the last 8 years, and only 2 playoff wins to show for it. Not making it out of the ALDS, that's gotta be a little frustrating too. I respect the hell outta Gardy, but whatever "switch" he turns-on during the regular season seems to escape him come October.
  • IwasBit10 wrote:

No denying there's some sour grapes here. It's been a tremendously frustrating 2nd half for the Sox. So many close games that got away from them. And then having to watch the Twins have the opposite happen to them, it's been rough.

But there's also no denying the lack of postseason success by the Twins in recent years. 4 (soon to be 5) division championships in the last 8 years, and only 2 playoff wins to show for it. Not making it out of the ALDS, that's gotta be a little frustrating too. I respect the hell outta Gardy, but whatever "switch" he turns-on during the regular season seems to escape him come October.

I actually agree with you there. Getting Morneau back could be key if the Twins want to go anywhere. I think Gardy actually rests players too much down the stretch. The teams that typically do the best in postseason basically keep everyone involved from the pennant race right on through. The Twins have more than 2 playoff wins (went to the ALCS in 2002) but yeah it's not a great record. Still, you just want to get to the postseason. Anything can happen. The last couple years were tough for both the Sox and Twins to make any noise since they went to a game 163.
  • IwasBit10 wrote:

I actually agree with you there. Getting Morneau back could be key if the Twins want to go anywhere. I think Gardy actually rests players too much down the stretch. The teams that typically do the best in postseason basically keep everyone involved from the pennant race right on through. The Twins have more than 2 playoff wins (went to the ALCS in 2002) but yeah it's not a great record. Still, you just want to get to the postseason. Anything can happen. The last couple years were tough for both the Sox and Twins to make any noise since they went to a game 163.

Agree with you about keeping everyone involved down the stretch. That was the key to the 05 Sox, having to fight for the division until the very last week of the season. I didn't realize Gardy rests his players that much.

Is Morneau close to returning? Last I heard, he was still experiencing some post-workout issues.

And yeah, I know of the 2002 ALCS, but I purposely made the cut-off at 03 for my argument's sake ;)
  • Other than Thome who's had some back/abdominal strain issues Gardy has kept everyone involved. I'm crossing my fingers though. It's fine to rest a starter here and there or let the kids come in to play during a blowout, but those B-squad lineups he'd throw out there with 3 or 4 starters missing drove me nuts down the stretch of 2003-2006.

There was a pretty positive article about Morneau on espn.com today. He seems hopeful that he'll be back in 2010. I guess he's gone a few days in a row now without symptoms. You're talking about a .310/35+HR/120+ RBI guy right there plus he's arguably the best defensive 1B in baseball. Mauer, Thome, Kubel and Young have turned things up at different points down the stretch but it's been a huge loss for the team.
  • Look at all those Sox fans leaving the stadium in droves. So much for team loyalty.

Nothing is over yet. Baseball is a crazy game.
    Look at all those Sox fans leaving the stadium in droves. So much for team loyalty.

Nothing is over yet. Baseball is a crazy game.

it's over....it's been over for the sox since the baltimore series. OVAH

then add a broken down bullpen that forced ozzy to over rely on the starters.

and lets not forget the cooling tempatures. sox suck when it's not 85 degrees out.

these are facts

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Wow, we're good.

Chicago is bad.

Bring on the Bronx Bombers!
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • Wow, we're good.

Chicago is bad.

The Sox are good. The Twins are just really good.

Just don't choke in the playoffs like usual. :lol:
  • Wow, we're good.

Chicago is bad.

They'll choke and I can't wait to see it.
  • Wow, we're good.

Chicago is bad.

Exactly how is losing to the World Champions when you barely squeak into the playoffs "choking?" We were playing with house money.
  • Wow, what kind of moron is Buehrle to retaliate for Pavano's beaning of Konerko by hitting Cuddyer and putting the leadoff man of the inning on base??

Even Ozzie seemed pissed about it. The white sox don't care about winning, just not getting shown up. Hilarious. :lol:
  • Just bumping a dead thread.. how's your team doing? :lol:

How's your team doing???? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Wow, what kind of moron is Buehrle to retaliate for Pavano's beaning of Konerko by hitting Cuddyer and putting the leadoff man of the inning on base??

Even Ozzie seemed pissed about it. The white sox don't care about winning, just not getting shown up. Hilarious. :lol:

I normally like Buehrle but that was pretty bush league on the part of the Sox. Pavano wasn't trying to intentionally hit anybody, he just let a fastball get away from him. Then he hits Cuddyer of all people???? Clearly the White Sox know they are out of it or they wouldn't be putting runners on base on purpose like that. They've already thrown at Young a few times so I don't think it has to do with that situation. Whatever.

I can't wait for the Twins to get out of Chicago and back to Minnesota. All those rowdy, boorish, incessantly booing Sox fans coming through Bert and Dick's microphones are starting to drive me insane.