Summer grilling!!! I love it!!!!

Comments

• I grill year round. Had kabobs the other day in the teens and bbq chicken just a few nights ago in snow flurries. Who says grilling is for summer only?
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    I grill year round. Had kabobs the other day in the teens and bbq chicken just a few nights ago in snow flurries. Who says grilling is for summer only?

grilling in the dead of winter is great. love braving the elements to grill your dinner. i had a thread about it a few years back. unfortunately my grill is on the fritz and i have not been able to use it since the fall. gonna upgrade when the warm weather comes around.

and 81, that sounds like the most exciting steak i've ever heard of. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    how does a grill go the frtiz? all you do is lift the lid and add charcoal :P

it was a good steak. the last few bites were absolutly melt in your mouth perfection.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    how does a grill go the frtiz? all you do is lift the lid and add charcoal :P

it was a good steak. the last few bites were absolutly melt in your mouth perfection.

propane, my friend. i just need an upgrade. gonna weber it up. shoulda done that last time.

i opted for steak at dinner tonight just because of this thread. it was aight.
    www.myspace.com
    propane :lol:

it's ok for fast and easy, but the smoky goodness of lump charcoal is where it's at.

rookie :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

it's ok for fast and easy, but the smoky goodness of lump charcoal is where it's at.

nah. charcoal grills are for tailgating. i want a grilling machine in my backyard. check this bad boy out:

http://www.weber.com/explore/Grill_deta ... d=3&mid=17
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:

nah. charcoal grills are for tailgating. i want a grilling machine in my backyard. check this bad boy out:

nuts....

just get yourself a weber 22.5 inch charcoal grill and save yourself a few dollars and poor tasting food.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

nuts....

just get yourself a weber 22.5 inch charcoal grill and save yourself a few dollars and poor tasting food.

:lol:
    i'm quite alright. thanks.
    www.myspace.com
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,783

get both
    weber kettle and a weber gas

playing with fire is fun and a good excuse to drink beer and say "honey, I cant right now, Im tending the fire." (while pounding chest like a caveman)
    Get_Right wrote:

get both

playing with fire is fun and a good excuse to drink beer and say "honey, I cant right now, Im tending the fire." (while pounding chest like a caveman)

both? :think: ... :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    We got a Weber Green Performer Grill as a wedding gift. It has been sitting unassembled in a box since October, but it sounds as if it is time to assemble this baby and get grilling!
  • Get_Right wrote:

get both

I have to agree with both schools of thought on this. I grew up with the Weber charcoal and it is tough to beat, especially with a bit of experience on it: I like fuckin around with the heat zones and you can get a hot ass fire for some serious searing. I think it does better with wood chips too and really gives a better smoky flavor if you use them at all. I use the charcoal for weekend grilling since I tend to have more time for it.

As for gas grills, since I live in Seattle, it's easier most times to not have to deal with the charcoal... especially for mid week grilling after work.

That said, I decided to keep both around. I also made a homemade smoker (google Alton Brown homemade smoker) out of terra cotta pottery which, believe it or not, works fucking awesome. Not sure if you have heard of it before but it's super cheap, easier, and makes great smoked food recipes. I have made smoked salmon, brisket, pulled pork, almonds, and smoked gouda so far, all of which were killer.
    i agree, gas is good for quick week day grilling.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    81 wrote:
    i agree, gas is good for quick week day grilling.

...and 81 was my favorite untill he said that ^^^^^^^^^^^

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRygoIsrRozlspSCeueQTPGazg0fx1BzZR21M7iTvYKgc3Kx2LQ

plus

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT3JWbSgupJtrIHpGBts_dfmPJxr0usCd2HS_osvLtw8J706faC9w

plus

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKCxHZQFuIFgpduyTGO4pVeq3Njo_QTH-w2bibT_9MbNd6chjA

nice and easy...Mr. 4/20 will still use charchoal in the middle of the week....the only propane tank we have is in the camper....for the gas range, water heater and fridge.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    4and20 wrote:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRygoIsrRozlspSCeueQTPGazg0fx1BzZR21M7iTvYKgc3Kx2LQ

you lost me here....

i only use hardwood lump charcoal. briquets are for rookies. :mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    81 wrote:

you lost me here....

If it was easier to find the lump charchoal here, we'd use it....too many damn rookies and their gas grills around here.... :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    4and20 wrote:
    81 wrote:

you lost me here....

If it was easier to find the lump charchoal here, we'd use it....too many damn rookies and their gas grills around here.... :lol:

i'm far from a rookie, my friend. rookie year was about 17 years ago :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com
    4and20 wrote:
    81 wrote:

you lost me here....

Too bad you never progressed beyond doubla a :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    4and20 wrote:
    81 wrote:

you lost me here....

Menards
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    4and20 wrote:

Too bad you never progressed beyond doubla a :P

i'm working on a hall of fame career thus far :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com

you are a regular Buzz Arlett :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

you are a regular Buzz Arlett :lol:

alright thanks wheels
    www.myspace.com
    Get_Right wrote:

get both

Actually, this thread had me looking around.
    I wish to own a Kalamazoo 900 Series Free-Standing Hybrid Grill with Side Burner
    http://www.kalamazoogourmet.com/k900hs.php

thats a freaking grill!
    Get_Right wrote:
    I wish to own a Kalamazoo 900 Series Free-Standing Hybrid Grill with Side Burner

thats a freaking grill!

for $16K. :shock:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Get_Right wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:
    get both

thats a freaking grill!

no sir. that is a grilling MACHINE. :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:

thats a freaking grill!

for $16K. :shock:
    I know. But Id rather have that than a honda :lol:
    Something tells me you want a quality machine if you are going to be burning logs next to an open propane tank!
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Cleaning the grill today and ordering some new cast iron grates for the season.

Anyone use the big green egg?

Looks awesome.

http://www.biggreenegg.com/
  • Release MeRelease Me Posts: 337
    Anybody have recommendations on a good gas grill? We have a charcoal one but my wife wants to get a gas one, just easier during the week to make things quickly with limited time because of work and all. I was looking at the Weber Q because our deck is kind of smallish. Anyone have this one? Thoughts? Thanks!
    i have a charbroil that is about 7 years old. i've replaced the burner once and the drip deflector twice. self lighter has never worked worth a damn, but a reg lighter works...

sold little machine that's held up reasonable well without being properly looked after (no cover, sits on the deck year round)

i'd say, any name brand should be good.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Release Me wrote:
    Anybody have recommendations on a good gas grill? We have a charcoal one but my wife wants to get a gas one, just easier during the week to make things quickly with limited time because of work and all. I was looking at the Weber Q because our deck is kind of smallish. Anyone have this one? Thoughts? Thanks!
    Its a nice, convenient grill, but dont expect to do any serious grilling with it, it only puts out 21,700 BTUs.
    I have a weber E-310, which puts out 36,000 BTUs and I wish I had more heat at times.
    Id stay stick with webers, but they get expensive quickly.