:lol:

For $700 bones it should be fantastic. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,471
    81 wrote:
    :lol:

For $700 bones it should be fantastic. :lol:

yeah. everyone told me to spend more for a weber cuz they last soo much longer than anything else. i think it's a good investment.
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    more than i'd be will to pay for a grill. i try to be a cheap ass tho. i think our gas grill was like 150 back in 2003 but it doesn't have many bells or whistles and looks pretty plain, but it's been to bonnaroo. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    i just love being able to grill again. been rough the last few weeks with the weather nice and not being able to do anything....then the thing got delivered saturday morning and i had to wait until last night to use it because we had so much stuff going on this weekend.
    www.myspace.com
    truck

:P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,783
    Thats a nice grill Juggs. Espresso is definitely nicer than the UPS brown version. :lol::lol:
    Get a cast iron smoker box-throw some wood chips in there and you will get more smoke flavor. Heck, I smoked some baby back ribs on my weber this past weekend.
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    thinking about picking one of these up....

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Weber-18.5-On ... l/10909621
    conman wrote:

Go for the gold or even the performer set up-it has the ash catcher which makes clean up a snap.

But you cant go wrong with any weber kettle.
    Get_Right wrote:
    conman wrote:

Go for the gold or even the performer set up-it has the ash catcher which makes clean up a snap.

But you cant go wrong with any weber kettle.
    i'd love to get the gold but this one is really the only one i can afford right now
    i need to pick up a weber....

typically can find them for cheap on craigslist....i would replace the grill with a new one. i'm a little weird like that.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    thinking of picking up some chops for tomorrow night... :think:
    www.myspace.com
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    ahhhhhh grilling!
    we do it year-round, even with snow on the ground, but summertime grilling is the BEST!!!
    i love eating as many meals al fresco as possible during the beautiful weather.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

grilling in the winter with snow on the ground is a beautiful thing. juggler approved.

the wife has come up with some zesty pork chop marinade. i forget what she said is in it. but she's gonna let those fuckers soak it in for a few hours.

we got some red potatoes that will take about 20 minutes to grill in foil.

and we got corn on the cob...which has been awesome for this early in the year so far.

needless to say your juggler is anxiously waiting to man the grill this evening. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com

I would take them out of the foil near the end, slice in half, toss em in a little oil, and char them.

I like toss them with a little vinegar and some parsley.

This may sound strange, but grilled peaches go great with pork chops.

Happy grilling!
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,418
    Get_Right wrote:

I would take them out of the foil near the end, slice in half, toss em in a little oil, and char them.

Happy grilling!
    Grilled pineapple is holyfuck delicious......
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    Get_Right wrote:

Happy grilling!
    Grilled pineapple is holyfuck delicious......

my mouth is salivating.

you guys like corn on the cobb on the grill or boiled? i prefer them boiled. much more juicy
    www.myspace.com

my mouth is salivating.

you guys like corn on the cobb on the grill or boiled? i prefer them boiled. much more juicy
    both
    short parboil, brush with a little vegetable oil, then on the grill for a min or two-I prefer the roasted corn flavor-but you are right, it can dry out fast on the grill

slather with a cilantro, garlic or chili compound butter
    Get_Right wrote:

my mouth is salivating.

both
    short parboil, brush with a little vegetable oil, then on the grill for a min or two-I prefer the roasted corn flavor-but you are right, it can dry out fast on the grill

I want to eat at your house. :mrgreen:
    Mr. Dream is a damn fine griller, and cook in general...yummy...but you do seem to make some mighty interesting meals.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

Get_Right wrote:

my mouth is salivating.

both

Mr. Dream is a damn fine griller, and cook in general...yummy...but you do seem to make some mighty interesting meals.

me too :mrgreen: ....the garlic butter thing is a must. the wife is good with that part.

do you put it directly onto the grill or use foil? ....and how short of a boil? i may try this tonight.
    www.myspace.com

HEY HEY look what the cat dragged in
    Hope you are doing well!

Yeah, I love to cook and eat good food. Its a hobby. I read incessantly about food and cooking and my DVR is full of cooking shows-my wife calls me a geek. :lol::lol:
    Not really, but thats another topic. :geek:

I don't love to cook, not at all....leave that all up to my better half. However I do read incessantly about food and cooking and my DVR is full of cooking shows tho my husband likes to watch too :lol::lol:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

me too :mrgreen: ....the garlic butter thing is a must. the wife is good with that part.

do you put it directly onto the grill or use foil? ....and how short of a boil? i may try this tonight.
    Even better if you use roasted garlic :mrgreen:

Using foil defeats the purpose of the grill-to get some carmelization.
    Boil maybe five mins-depending on the size and ripeness-you want the corn to feel a little tender when you grab it with tongs. I like to add a bit of sugar to the water.
    Dry with paper towels-brush with vegetable oil (handles higher temps better than olive oil) and put directly on the grill. Of course-make sure the grill is clean and lubed.
    Dont walk away and turn often until you have some light grill marks and the corn has some nice color-but watch out, it goes from nicely grilled to hard as a rock quickly.

I don't love to cook, not at all....leave that all up to my better half. However I do read incessantly about food and cooking and my DVR is full of cooking shows tho my husband likes to watch too :lol::lol:
    -Well sorry to hear-hope things improve for ya 2010 was a crappy year for me as well.

Good to see you back tho! :mrgreen:
    if you do it right, corn on the cob on the grill as excellent. key is to make sure you cook it long enough to soften it up.

i just leave them in the husk, rap them in foil and toss them on the grill shortly after lighting the charcoal. leave them on until the steak comes off and BAM, excellent grilled corn on the cob.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Get_Right wrote:

-Well sorry to hear-hope things improve for ya 2010 was a crappy year for me as well.

Good to see you back tho! :mrgreen:

Well 2011 needs some work too, haha.

Nice to see you too and as always, to read your cooking posts.
    Sexy.
    :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    the wife has come up with some zesty pork chop marinade. i forget what she said is in it. but she's gonna let those fuckers soak it in for a few hours.

Fradulent. What goes on the grill belongs to the man. No if, ands or buts.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,760
    Girlfriend had a booksale at her work. She got me a Weber's Way To Grill book. Has the basics for any type of grilling and chock full of recipes. Looking forward to moving in here and getting my hand me down gas grill moved, fired up and working right.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Some bison meat cooking on the grill = heaven....yummy :twisted:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,760
    tybird wrote:
    that sounds awesome!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    tybird wrote:
    bison meat is the shit!