Summer grilling!!! I love it!!!!

Comments

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    conman wrote:
    tybird wrote:
    Some bison meat cooking on the grill = heaven....yummy :twisted:
    bison meat is the shit!
    Yes Sir, it is indeed. 8-) :twisted:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Suzi78Suzi78 Posts: 362
    tybird wrote:
    conman wrote:
    tybird wrote:
    Some bison meat cooking on the grill = heaven....yummy :twisted:
    bison meat is the shit!

Lindner farm has excellent grass fed bison, as well as other meats. You can find them at farmer's markets all over California and I think you can also order from them online. Perfect for summertime grilling :)
    http://www.lindnerbison.com/
    How I choose to feel is how I am
    Suzi78 wrote:
    tybird wrote:
    conman wrote:
    bison meat is the shit!

Lindner farm has excellent grass fed bison, as well as other meats. You can find them at farmer's markets all over California and I think you can also order from them online. Perfect for summertime grilling :)
    http://www.lindnerbison.com/
    Thank you for the link.....can only find Maverick Ranch meats here in Alabamy
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    We make some excellent bison burgers. Not a fan of bison steaks.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Suzi78Suzi78 Posts: 362
    The 81 wrote:

I agree. Bison is best for burgers. Bison steaks are ok if cooked rare, anything above that makes them tough and dry.
    How I choose to feel is how I am
    Suzi78 wrote:
    The 81 wrote:

I agree. Bison is best for burgers. Bison steaks are ok if cooked rare, anything above that makes them tough and dry.
    Tried some Bison franks last week.....wow!!!! Good stuff
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    What should I grill tomorrow.???
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    bison meat seems to be popular
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    edited June 2011
    Ahh shit. Now we're talking game. Most game has to be cooked pretty rare. Bison and Buffalo are great ground and as burgers, but yeah, unless rare they are just okay as steaks. Give me some Elk and Venison steaks all day though. I love this shit. I get real creative with it.

Check out this spot at the italian market here in Philly. This guy is my boy

http://www.dangelobros.com/

Have a buddy coming into town next weekend for the Phish show who's dad is a chef and does some real serious game recipes. Think we are going to be getting some quail and rabbit and going to work.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
    How about a nice pork tenderloin?
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    ty!!!!
    hope you and the wife are well!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,471
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    the wife has come up with some zesty pork chop marinade. i forget what she said is in it. but she's gonna let those fuckers soak it in for a few hours.

Fradulent. What goes on the grill belongs to the man. No if, ands or buts.

not when the man was stuck at work all day on a saturday, son.
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    the wife has come up with some zesty pork chop marinade. i forget what she said is in it. but she's gonna let those fuckers soak it in for a few hours.

Alright, fair enough. I'll let it slide. For future reference though.
    well my annoying, cigarette smoke infested, neighbors and their loud as fuck kids ruined another grilling experience for your juggler.

the fence is not enough. i need to find a way to construct a sound proof/smell proof bubble that covers their entire yard. anyone have any ideas on how to do this?
    www.myspace.com
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,760
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

NO EXCUSE!!!!! Shoulda prepped that shit the night before.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

decided to grill in the morning man. her marinade wasn't half bad. :lol:

what to do about my neighbors though?
    www.myspace.com
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    well my annoying, cigarette smoke infested, neighbors and their loud as fuck kids ruined another grilling experience for your juggler.

the fence is not enough. i need to find a way to construct a sound proof/smell proof bubble that covers their entire yard. anyone have any ideas on how to do this?

get yourself one of these

wind-machine_10450823_250x250.jpg

and blast pearl jam :mrgreen:
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,760
    edited June 2011
    mickeyrat wrote:
    [not when the man was stuck at work all day on a saturday, son.

decided to grill in the morning man. her marinade wasn't half bad. :lol:

what to do about my neighbors though?
    form an alliance with the warbird robins and direct their attention to the neighbors!! :mrgreen:

Barring that , call homeland security. Tell them you overheard a terrorist plot. ;)

Buy out their mortage and demand immediate balance payment.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    norm wrote:

get yourself one of these

wind-machine_10450823_250x250.jpg

and blast pearl jam :mrgreen:

i was this close to bringing out a fan last night. funny you posted that.

thing is my neighborhood is pretty quiet too...except for these people. and my grilling area is literally a couple feet from their deck. :x
    www.myspace.com
  • zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901
    Grilling a nice Rainbow Trout tonight with zucchini, olive oil, parsley, black pepper. 8-)
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: New York X2
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,783
    doing some chicken sausages tonight
    some homemade roasted red and yellow peppers (on the grill of course)
    some super fresh mozz (still warm when I bought it this morning)
    baby spinach salad-balsamic dressing dried cranberries and slivered raw almonds (skipping the bleu cheese tonight)

cold beer, sausages and family-a perfect evening imho.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    BARBECUING(not weak ass grilling) on the Weber some burgers, marinaded chicken, marinaded jumbo shrimp, and asparagus. This is going to be ri-god-damn-delicious.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Friday's planned ... clams and shrimp on the grill along with a lovely antipasto platter and french baguettes,
    add a bottle of Chianti by pool light and call it a date! 8-) Now I wish it were Friday!
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Too damn humid to grill today.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 wrote:

Air conditioned patio with the Q right out the door. 8-)
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,783
    BARBECUING(not weak ass grilling) on the Weber some burgers, marinaded chicken, marinaded jumbo shrimp, and asparagus. This is going to be ri-god-damn-delicious.
    Um Id bet you are still grilling-just over charcoal instead of gas.
    Get_Right wrote:

Ummm...low and slow, lid on. Only thing getting done while super hot is the shrimp and asparagus. Everything else is going slow. Another hour or so....

Grilling is high heat over a flame. Barbecuing is controlling temperatures of the heat at a low level, containing it, almost smoking it.
    Get_Right wrote:

Ummm...low and slow, lid on. Only thing getting done while super hot is the shrimp and asparagus. Everything else is going slow. Another hour or so....

Grilling is high heat over a flame. Barbecuing is controlling temperatures of the heat at a low level, containing it, almost smoking it.

what's it called when you toss a steak on a nice hot grill, close the lid and let the temp drop
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Newch91 wrote:

please turn in your man card at the front door on your way out.

thanks
    mgmt
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    The 81 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

please turn in your man card at the front door on your way out.

thanks
    mgmt
    I hate the humidity. I'll wait for the weekend to grill.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful