Summer grilling!!! I love it!!!!

Comments

• SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,418
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Ahhh, Memorial Day, quite possibly my favorite day of the year. On the grill today:

Venison Spiedies (look them up, delicious, an upstate New York traditition, Binghamton specifically)
    Burgers (I make quite possibly the best burgers you will ever have)
    Good old fashion hot dogs
    Corn on the cob
    So??

What makes your burgers....
    The BEST burgers I will ever have??????
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Ahhh, Memorial Day, quite possibly my favorite day of the year. On the grill today:

Venison Spiedies (look them up, delicious, an upstate New York traditition, Binghamton specifically)
    Corn on the cob
    So??

Montreal Steak, Chili Powder, a little Garlic powder, pepper, worcestershire sauce and....

Topped with a blue cheese butter I make.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Corn on the cob
    So??

Montreal Steak, Chili Powder, a little Garlic powder, pepper, worcestershire sauce and....

That sounds fucking delicious!!!
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

That sounds fucking delicious!!!

They are outstanding if I must say so myself. Try mixing those spices in with the ground beef. It is great.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

that sounds fantastic.

i'll take one.
    sauteed onions & mushrooms?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

that sounds fantastic.

i'll take one.
    sauteed onions & mushrooms?

I think I can make that happen, I don't do mushrooms myself but am more than willing to take care of requests.
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Mmmm, summer grilling. I love it!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Grilled a flank steak this weekend. 3 minutes on each side.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    summer drilling!!! i love it!!!!
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    chadwick wrote:
    summer drilling!!! i love it!!!!

Do you have a permit for that?
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:
    gf was being all vegitarian on me last night. did grilled portabella sandwichs where the mushroom is the bread and she put cheese and spinanch in it as the meat. thankfully, she didn't care for it so no more of that crap for me. :lol:

tonight, i'm running the soup line and we are going to give beer can chicken a spin

I'll take a drumstick of that!

i think i need to tweak it just a bit. it was good and had good flavor. very juicy, but the skin needs to be a little crisper. i'll try it again in the near future.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    We grilled our Chinese appetizers delivered Sat evening, now that is die hard grillin
    actually we sacrificed a few too :) oh well its good if it comes off the grill
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    spicy buffalo wings saturday night, chicken burgers, ribs and hot dogs sunday....it was a good weekend. 8-)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    We had a spatchcock chicken last night at my friends house. Must be a Brit thing. Can anyone confirm?
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,783
    chili rubbed strip steaks
    grilled tomato and scallion salad
    grilled asparagus with shaved parm
    carrot, raisin and walnut salad
    FRENCH FRIES
    sierra nevada for me, Bogle petite syrah for the lady

prefer charcoal, but find that my weber gas grill does a pretty good job-especially if I add the smoker box
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    Just finished some think sliced pork chops.
    Marinade of honey, soy sauce, vegetable oil, ginger and minced garlic.
    Grilled over charcoal and served with baked beans!
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    I wish halibut wouldnt fall apart on the grill so easy, because it taste so good grilled...anyone got any remedies for that?
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles
    Aero83_ wrote:
    I wish halibut wouldnt fall apart on the grill so easy, because it taste so good grilled...anyone got any remedies for that?

Get some small planks of cedar and grill the fish on them.
    Check this out:
    http://bbq.about.com/od/fishandseafood/a/aa100204a.htm
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • LauriLauri Posts: 748
    I used to grill all the time when I lived at a place with grills. I think I would actually cook sometimes if I had a grill now. I don't have anywhere to put one though, and don't have enough money to buy one!
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    Lauri wrote:
    I used to grill all the time when I lived at a place with grills. I think I would actually cook sometimes if I had a grill now. I don't have anywhere to put one though, and don't have enough money to buy one!
    Voila!

94331164792611862158930.jpg
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,783
    Aero83_ wrote:
    buy the thicker steaks
    or
    use a fish basket
    Lauri wrote:
    Voila!

that's killer!
    :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

CHEEKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    that's killer!
    If space is an issue there's always this:

be9b_mini_shopping_cart.jpg

Could probably fit a mushroom or a scallop in there!
    that's killer!

awesome.

actually, webers smokey joes come in a tabletop, portable version...i think under $50. can't beat that.
    LOVE grilling!
    gonna be grilling almost every night next week.....love eating outdoors!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

Lauri wrote:
    Voila!

Epic.
    that's killer!

awesome.

actually, webers smokey joes come in a tabletop, portable version...i think under $50. can't beat that.
    LOVE grilling!
    gonna be grilling almost every night next week.....love eating outdoors!
    Very nice! That's one of the many reasons I love summer, BBQs! When the weather is beautiful and you got someone skilled on the grill...perfection!
    Very nice! That's one of the many reasons I love summer, BBQs! When the weather is beautiful and you got someone skilled on the grill...perfection!

i am not a big fan of very hot weather, especially with our humidity :roll: ...but there still is soooo much to love about summer, and grilling is definitely one of them!

granted, we grill year round, but it's just so much better in the summer time! 8-)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• normnorm Posts: 31,146

when i moved into my first apartment when i was 19, i bought one of those and would grill outside on the walkway (i was on the 2nd floor)...well, my manager put a stop to that so being the genius guy that i am, i said 'fine, i'll do it in the kitchen' :? ...in my mind i thought putting a charcoal grill on top of the stove and turning the vent on to let the smoke escape was the perfect solution...ya know in a small space, those little grills can make an awful lot of smoke and fire...still surprised i didn't burn the building down

:oops: :P :lol: :wave:
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    norm wrote:

when i moved into my first apartment when i was 19, i bought one of those and would grill outside on the walkway (i was on the 2nd floor)...well, my manager put a stop to that so being the genius guy that i am, i said 'fine, i'll do it in the kitchen' :? ...in my mind i thought putting a charcoal grill on top of the stove and turning the vent on to let the smoke escape was the perfect solution...ya know in a small space, those little grills can make an awful lot of smoke and fire...still surprised i didn't burn the building down

:oops: :P :lol: :wave:

hahaha Nice work, Norm!
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/