Summer grilling!!! I love it!!!!

Comments

• SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,418
    I am going to throw on a couple of strip steaks tonight.....

Life is good.........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    chadwick wrote:
    if you'd like to taste some excellent bbq sauce.
    you should try this one.
    it's really something amazing.
    these people helped me out and are wonderful people.
    i bought a case one time and gave them as gifts to friends and family.

Uncle Dea's Family Restaurant & Barbecue Sauce
    1143 28th St S.
    St. Petersburg, Florida 33712

(727) 323-3898
    <!-- e --><a href="mailto:uncledea@excite.com">uncledea@excite.com</a><!-- e -->

bump...

order some sauce.
    it is fantastic.
    i would not waste my time or yours if it were shit sauce.
    the stuff is fantastic.
    and great people.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    New bbq arrived a few days ago and we have been giving it a flogging. Tried out the rotisserie with a rocking marinated beef roast and baked vegies ...awesome...then had a juicy fat t-bone with pepper sauce and beautiful salads last night. Ahhhh life is good! :D
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    you should have seen these two ribeyes i grilled up to near perfection last night. was gonna eat them on saturday but had some lawnmower problems that went deep into the note. needless to say they ended up marinating in olive oil, touch of hot sauce, italian seasoning, sea salt, pepper, and a little montreal seasoning for a solid 27 hours.

i say near perfection only cuz i left them on for about 3 minutes too long. i like a lil bit of pink in my meat. i'm a medium-well guy. this was leaning more to the well side, but was still pretty juicy.

topped it off with baked potatoes, steamed broccoli, and some sauteed mushrooms. :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    mmm...we did ribeye and salmon on wooden planks sat night. the wood planks added a nice taste to the salmon. good stuff
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    81 wrote:
    mmm...we did ribeye and salmon on wooden planks sat night. the wood planks added a nice taste to the salmon. good stuff

LOVE salmon on the wood planks, SO GOOD! yummy!

we did basic grilling last night. nathan's hot dogs, turkey burgers with cheddar...and covered with lovely diced red onions, burgers with a delish hot sauce, dogs with mustard. simple, but oh so tasty! all accompanied by a bottle of red for me. :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    81 wrote:

we did basic grilling last night. nathan's hot dogs, turkey burgers with cheddar...and covered with lovely diced red onions, burgers with a delish hot sauce, dogs with mustard. simple, but oh so tasty! all accompanied by a bottle of red for me. :mrgreen:

I heard the wood plank thing is easy enough...I just don't get it...
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    81 wrote:

Did salmon on cedar planks last night. Covered it with a mix of Mustard & Brown Sugar, and then grilled it on the plank. mmmmmmmm
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
    Theovl316 wrote:
    81 wrote:

I heard the wood plank thing is easy enough...I just don't get it...

what dontcha get?
    you soak the plank in water for a while, you slap the fish on the plank...as it's on the grill the plank infuses the fish or meat with such a smoky, woody aroma....so delectable......YUMMM.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980

what dontcha get?
    you soak the plank in water for a while, you slap the fish on the plank...as it's on the grill the plank infuses the fish or meat with such a smoky, woody aroma....so delectable......YUMMM.

He might have made the mistake of throwing away the plank after being done cooking and actually eating the fish. It's the other way around, silly.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    eyedclaar wrote:

what dontcha get?

He might have made the mistake of throwing away the plank after being done cooking and actually eating the fish. It's the other way around, silly.

high in fiber and built in toothpicks! :mrgreen:
    norm wrote:
    eyedclaar wrote:

what dontcha get?

high in fiber and built in toothpicks! :mrgreen:

A bazillion beavers couldn't be wrong. They love salmon flavored planks.

the plank infuses the fish or meat with such a smoky, woody aroma....so delectable......YUMMM.

this. not overwelming wood flavor, but a nice soft smokey flavor that really enhances the flavor of the fish.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    the plank infuses the fish or meat with such a smoky, woody aroma....so delectable......YUMMM.

this. not overwelming wood flavor, but a nice soft smokey flavor that really enhances the flavor of the fish.

seriously.
    *drools*
    sooooooooooo good!
    *licks lips*
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Last night, my daughter wanted cheeseburgers for dinner. Of course, the minute I take out the grill - it starts to rain on me .... Just my luck ;)

Cheeseburgers were awesome !!!! :D
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,418
    edited May 2010
    Maybe some strip steaks this evening....

Or maybe order some chinese.....

decisions
    decisions........
    Post edited by SPEEDY MCCREADY on
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    mikalina wrote:
    Last night, my daughter wanted cheeseburgers for dinner. Of course, the minute I take out the grill - it starts to rain on me .... Just my luck ;)

Cheeseburgers were awesome !!!! :D

you gotta deal with the elements when you're on the grill.
    www.myspace.com
    had a strip tonight. awe man, was that puppy good.

tommorrow will be bison burgers on onion rolls.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    Did a roast pork and vegies on the rotisserie last night...mmm delish!
    gf was being all vegitarian on me last night. did grilled portabella sandwichs where the mushroom is the bread and she put cheese and spinanch in it as the meat. thankfully, she didn't care for it so no more of that crap for me. :lol:

tonight, i'm running the soup line and we are going to give beer can chicken a spin
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    81 wrote:
    gf was being all vegitarian on me last night. did grilled portabella sandwichs where the mushroom is the bread and she put cheese and spinanch in it as the meat. thankfully, she didn't care for it so no more of that crap for me. :lol:

tonight, i'm running the soup line and we are going to give beer can chicken a spin

I'll take a drumstick of that!
    81 wrote:

Get in the soup line and wait your turn. You think just because you have a cool hat, they are going to make exceptions? Some people...

• DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    eyedclaar wrote:
    81 wrote:

Get in the soup line and wait your turn. You think just because you have a cool hat, they are going to make exceptions? Some people...

i know it's super cool,but i'm not wearing it right now.

I'll wait.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    81 wrote:

Real men can handle no meat. ;) :P
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    dcfaithful wrote:
    81 wrote:

lets play a little game....that i like to call would you rather

have this

Steaks.jpg

or this

mushroommain.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    81 wrote:

lets play a little game....that i like to call would you rather

have this

Steaks.jpg

or this

mushroommain.jpg

You got lucky, but it's only because I hate mushrooms. :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    only been on a few minutes, but it sure is smelling better than mushroom.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Grilling up some marinated chicken wings and grilled veggies...mmmmmmm

I love grilled veggies
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    just (wood fired) grilled a beef roast and potatoes.
    it was very tasty with a fresh salad.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Ahhh, Memorial Day, quite possibly my favorite day of the year. On the grill today:

Venison Spiedies (look them up, delicious, an upstate New York traditition, Binghamton specifically)
    Burgers (I make quite possibly the best burgers you will ever have)
    Good old fashion hot dogs
    Corn on the cob