Summer grilling!!! I love it!!!!

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,472
    intodeep wrote:
    What i love about summer grillin is it rolls right into Late Summer/ Fall grillin for football. :D

atta guy
    www.myspace.com
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    bacon cheeseburgers tonight :D
    some london broil tonight. i think this is the first time i've ever bought it. hated it as a kid because my mom never marinated it and over cooked it. but we had it last week at an eagles tailgate and it was delicious.

marinated it for 24 hrs with olive oil, soy sauce, a little worcestershire, garlic, salt, pepper, italian seasoning.

grilled for half hour at about 400 degrees....perfectly medium. fucking delicious. plenty left over too. gonna toss it into my chili for the birds game on monday. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    some london broil tonight. i think this is the first time i've ever bought it. hated it as a kid because my mom never marinated it and over cooked it. but we had it last week at an eagles tailgate and it was delicious.

marinated it for 24 hrs with olive oil, soy sauce, a little worcestershire, garlic, salt, pepper, italian seasoning.

grilled for half hour at about 400 degrees....perfectly medium. fucking delicious. plenty left over too. gonna toss it into my chili for the bears game on monday. :mrgreen:

fixed

we grilled up some sausage and chicken. good stuff
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

grilled for half hour at about 400 degrees....perfectly medium. fucking delicious. plenty left over too. gonna toss it into my chili for the bears game on monday. :mrgreen:

fixed

we grilled up some sausage and chicken. good stuff

ya bastird

by the way--i think i prefer grilling in the colder temps than sweating my ass off outside.
    www.myspace.com
    fall is the best time to grill....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    crystal+b.lw.baby+grill+beer+bonsai.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    grilling some carne asada as we speak :D
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Heading to the Italian Market, trying to decide between jerk pork chops or ribeyes.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,783
    loin lamb chops with mint pesto tonight!
    Get_Right wrote:
    loin lamb chops with mint pesto tonight!

That sounds delicious.

Got both port chops and ribeyes but it's going to be the ribeye tonight since I couldn't find habaneros where I was.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    a nice steak on the grill this evening cooked by twinkling Christmas lights

Lucy and Maddie Lew Who will eat well tonight! :D
    headed to the store to find something to grill....hopefully cow will be on sale :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • I made pizza bagels today, and as I was eating mine, i thought: damn, these were better when i cooked them in the Weber
    wintergrillingaspx.jpg

winter grilling...i love it.
    www.myspace.com
    beer can chicken sounds good today.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

is that easy to make? never actually done it but i've heard so many good things about it.

what kind of beer do you use?
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:

is that easy to make? never actually done it but i've heard so many good things about it.

what kind of beer do you use?

super easy....season the bird if you want....chug half a beer....stuff the other half up the birds ass.....put on the grill for a bit.

the beer doesn't infuse much flavor, but it does keep the meat super moist.

i've used miller lite as well as a porter...didn't notice much difference in flavor.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/the- ... index.html
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    wintergrillingaspx.jpg

nice fence
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    81 wrote:
    wintergrillingaspx.jpg

nice fence

:lol::lol:

i grilled up some brats yesterday for the games
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    i got the house to myself this weekend.... i'm thinking steak tomorrow night 8-)
  • I've got spring fever real bad since the temps have been hovering around the 60 to 70 degree range for the last couple of weeks. Last night I did chicken breasts and wings with homemade barbeque sauce and it was delicious.
    For this one, i used a cup of lazy magnolia southern pecan (i guess any semi-sweet brown would work fine, a cup of ketchup, brown sugar and crushed red pepper....worked quite nicely
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • I've got spring fever real bad since the temps have been hovering around the 60 to 70 degree range for the last couple of weeks. Last night I did chicken breasts and wings with homemade barbeque sauce and it was delicious.
    For this one, i used a cup of lazy magnolia southern pecan (i guess any semi-sweet brown would work fine, a cup of ketchup, brown sugar and crushed red pepper....worked quite nicely

If my memory serves me correctly, we are in the same area. This warm weather in Jan. is messing with my mind too. I am so ready to get outside in the garden. However, since the beginning of the year I have decided to seriously dedicate myself to becoming a veterinarian after years of toying with the idea. So, grilling is one of my favorite pass times and one of the biggest things I am going to miss. If anyone has any suggestions on good meatless grilling, please share.
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
    I've got spring fever real bad since the temps have been hovering around the 60 to 70 degree range for the last couple of weeks. Last night I did chicken breasts and wings with homemade barbeque sauce and it was delicious.

If my memory serves me correctly, we are in the same area. This warm weather in Jan. is messing with my mind too. I am so ready to get outside in the garden. However, since the beginning of the year I have decided to seriously dedicate myself to becoming a veterinarian after years of toying with the idea. So, grilling is one of my favorite pass times and one of the biggest things I am going to miss. If anyone has any suggestions on good meatless grilling, please share.

i know a veterinarian who eats meat. :?
    www.myspace.com

:lol: damn that spell check....Vegetarian. Although I do know a vegetarian veterinarian. ;)
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.

:lol: damn that spell check....Vegetarian. Although I do know a vegetarian veterinarian. ;)

ha...thought that's what you meant though i would assume there are vets who don't eat meat for obvious reasons. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • Grilled a couple ribeyes yesterday.....

Delicious!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393

[/quote][/quote]
    you can do tons of non-meat stuff on the grill. portobello mushroom caps with olive oil and balsamic, then topped with cheese and grilled onion (get a basket) is awesome. you can wrap corn in aluminum foil and baste with olive oil and salt/pepper/seasonings. fruit like peaches and apples do really well on the grill, asparagus, eggplant, peppers, veggie skewers you have tons 'o options.
    Been grilling a lot the past few weeks.

Today should be fun. Whole quail. Trying to decide how I want to season it.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Been grilling a lot the past few weeks.

Today should be fun. Whole quail. Trying to decide how I want to season it.
    Wrap it in bacon?

We are having strip steak and lamb
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg