*** 2010 FIFA World Cup ***

Comments

• nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    USA 2 - England 1

You all heard it!

That sounds good to me dude! :lol:;)
    And with that England squad I think the score may be accurate. Better than being spanked by Peru, Costa Rica etc ;)
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    nuffingman wrote:
    USA 2 - England 1

You all heard it!

That sounds good to me dude! :lol:;)
    And with that England squad I think the score may be accurate. Better than being spanked by Peru, Costa Rica etc ;)
    I mean, England has a more talented squad than the US, even with the so-called snubs on the final roster. The US can score goals and this group of kids have already proven they can rise up for the big game (see Spain 2009). We have a very experienced goalie that should keep us in the game regardless. Will England probably go further than the US in the end? Probably, but we will own this game.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    I mean, England has a more talented squad than the US, even with the so-called snubs on the final roster. The US can score goals and this group of kids have already proven they can rise up for the big game (see Spain 2009). We have a very experienced goalie that should keep us in the game regardless. Will England probably go further than the US in the end? Probably, but we will own this game.

I like your optimism. I am so pumped for this game.
  • Red Mosquito75Red Mosquito75 Posts: 1,034
    Bring on England. It will be nice to see the U.S. shatter the hopes of all brits.
    This is Not For You
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Bring on England. It will be nice to see the U.S. shatter the hopes of all brits.

*coughs* there is a reasonably large proportion of Brits who would love to see England's dreams shattered ... you know the non-English ones ;)

dunk is their King :mrgreen:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Italy and Portugal!!! AHHH!!!!!! Can't wait!!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • IGotShit76IGotShit76 Posts: 768
    Let's go France :lol:
    *looking a place to hide in case some Irish guys read this post*

Don't blame me, I know it's a shame we qualified for this world cup.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    which is the opening game?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    USA 2 - England 1

You all heard it!

I would love to see that but if I were a betting man I'd say it would be more like the other way around. Hope I'm wrong though. The US surely can beat England. My biggest concern is all of our guys coming off of injuries, especially Onyewu.

Is Rooney not projected to start?? Is he still hurt?
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    gabers wrote:
    USA 2 - England 1

You all heard it!

I would love to see that but if I were a betting man I'd say it would be more like the other way around. Hope I'm wrong though. The US surely can beat England. My biggest concern is all of our guys coming off of injuries, especially Onyewu.

Is Rooney not projected to start?? Is he still hurt?

He's still after Ferris.

ed%20rooney.JPG
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646

England is not ALL brits!!! anyway i'll be supporting Texas when they play England
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    which is the opening game?

South Africa v Mexico... 8-)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    I WANT TO SEE ARGENTINA - ENGLAND IN THE FINAL..
    im not gonna watch it cos ill be returning back from portugal that date , :roll:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    im not gonna watch it cos ill be returning back from portugal that date , :roll:

fuck... i wouldn't miss that game for any band... well maybe the beatles, but thats it.
    Gerrard says "We'll win with Fab"
    http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/03062010/ ... n-fab.html

Not with that bunch of plonkers we won't. Sorry I'll shut up, just can't get that squad out of my mind.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    dunkman wrote:

fuck... i wouldn't miss that game for any band... well maybe the beatles, but thats it.

I would miss the game for Oasis - they are bigger than the Beatles.
    dunkman wrote:

10th pearl jam play at lisbon,11th is my travel back arrive at home at 2 am and next morning at 6 am i work..
    will be the first final im not gonna watch from 1982 italy vs germany,was my first i saw..
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Still haven't decided who to support this year. I'm leaning towards England, just to piss everyone off :P
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
    dunkman wrote:
    There is something magnificent about his expression. Looks like he's been up to no good and thoroughly enjoyed it. Perhaps he found Maradona's stash
    Still haven't decided who to support this year. I'm leaning towards England, just to piss everyone off :P
    You won't piss me off but you're wasting your time. After 2 weeks of the World Cup for England it'll be :wave:
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    I kind of like Juanito. The slanty eyes. The standard latin american shirt that is too short exposing the robust belly. Perfect. :thumbup:

1970_juanito.jpg
    NERDS!

I'm actually not an England hater... I would be happy to see them in the final.. obviously I don't want them to win it but thats only because of the English media and the absolute crap we'd have to put up with for years... not because of ancient rivalry or because I don't like the team.

Also i hate their fucking fans. big fat cockneys with bulldog tattoos that are sponsored by shit Umbro england gear.... total wankers. :thumbup:

0,,5593760,00.jpg
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    :D hahaha

Well, I don't really wanna be associated with them. Might join my friend in supporting North Korea.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
    dunkman wrote:
    Also i hate their fucking fans. big fat cockneys with bulldog tattoos that are sponsored by shit Umbro england gear.... total wankers. :thumbup:
    0,,5593760,00.jpg
    +1 They give the rest of us a bad name. I'd be happy to see a foreign police force make them disappear.

he's what we call a 'show-off' ;)