*** 2010 FIFA World Cup ***

Comments

• Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Americans and Aussies are the same, majority hate Soccer and love their own sports.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Americans and Aussies are the same, majority hate Soccer and love their own sports.

You know, maybe that's why I find myself rooting for the Australians. I love the underdog, especially when a majority of the sport fans in that country could give a flying flip about the World Cup. If Canada would ever make it they'd probably be my second favorite team. But then I'm also a big Germany supporter. I've always had a fascination with and admiration for that country. Damn you Arnold Scwhartzenegger! (I know he's Austrian.)
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    So pumped for Saturday.
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    gabers wrote:
    But then I'm also a big Germany supporter. I've always had a fascination with and admiration for that country.
    :lol::lol: Not sure if I want to laugh, cry or be sick. After Argentina there's only one country that turns every English football fan into a rabid lunatic..... Germany.

Less than 48 hours to go. :D
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    dunkman wrote:
    fair enough if you don't watch it, but its the worlds most popular sport and must be for a very good reason...

I'll be supporting the US on your behalf. ;)

soccer/football is an underwear sport played by guys who know how to 1.) kick the ball, 2.) run after the ball, and 3.) act like a sniper shot them from the 8th row everytime anyone on the opposing team attempts to tackle the ball. Americans can see through this. the rest of the world are a bunch of stupid idiots.

that said,
    If it ain't Scottish, it's Crap!

:D;)
    I love to turn you on
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    dunkman wrote:
    fair enough if you don't watch it, but its the worlds most popular sport and must be for a very good reason...

soccer/football is an underwear sport played by guys who know how to 1.) kick the ball, 2.) run after the ball, and 3.) act like a sniper shot them from the 8th row everytime anyone on the opposing team attempts to tackle the ball. Americans can see through this. the rest of the world are a bunch of stupid idiots.

that said,

american sports are thus

1. US Football - whats with all the padding... the last time I seen anything wearing that much padding was on a hemophiliac elephant during a particularly heavy period. Also, there are about 48 men in each team... no wonder they never sweat, they only run 10 yards max before their fat hearts collapse under the weight of that padding.

2. Baseball... worlds easiest game. Nobody plays it in the rest of the world as they don't want to be seen dead wearing a matching pyjama set. throw a ball, hit it hard. It's the sporting equivalent of cup n ball... except in cup n ball you don't have to wear night clothes during the day.

3. Basketball. Kinda limited to really tall fuckers, who if it werent for basketball would either have a career in giraffe dentistry or as a travelling freak in an old time circus. Big lanky men look stupid when running... almost as stupid as girls... almost.

;);)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Face it Americans have got it wrong and like to play sports that nobody else likes. ;)

You like this

image009-1.jpg

The rest of the world prefer this.

image007-1.jpg
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    nuffingman wrote:
    gabers wrote:
    But then I'm also a big Germany supporter. I've always had a fascination with and admiration for that country.
    :lol::lol: Not sure if I want to laugh, cry or be sick. After Argentina there's only one country that turns every English football fan into a rabid lunatic..... Germany.

And why is that?? It seems most people I've talked to from Europe have bad feelings towards Germans. And Germans tend to not like just about all other Europeans. I lived in Germany for two years and never saw any particular reason to dislike them. Maybe cause I blended in so well they thought I was one of them. I actually had an argument with a German couple one time at some wine fest. They were convinced I was German even though I and my German girlfriend assured them I wasn't. One of my favorite memories over there. I speak the language, but not fluently. I'm sure they could detect the Americanese. :lol:
    gabers wrote:
    nuffingman wrote:
    gabers wrote:

And why is that?? It seems most people I've talked to from Europe have bad feelings towards Germans. And Germans tend to not like just about all other Europeans. I lived in Germany for two years and never saw any particular reason to dislike them. Maybe cause I blended in so well they thought I was one of them. I actually had an argument with a German couple one time at some wine fest. They were convinced I was German even though I and my German girlfriend assured them I wasn't. One of my favorite memories over there. I speak the language, but not fluently. I'm sure they could detect the Americanese. :lol:
    It's just one of those things. I've been to Germany a few times and have always found the people friendly and polite. The same with them when you meet them on holiday. But the football team!!!! I just want everyone to beat them.
    nuffingman wrote:
    It's just one of those things. I've been to Germany a few times and have always found the people friendly and polite. The same with them when you meet them on holiday. But the football team!!!! I just want everyone to beat them.

although you haven't mentioned 'the war' we know that's what you really mean ;);)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:
    nuffingman wrote:

although you haven't mentioned 'the war' we know that's what you really mean ;);)
    Don't mention ze var!!!!

And putting towels on sunbeds.
    Building human pyramids in the pool
    Rushing to help you if they see you struggling with some awkward object just so they can look superior.
    Ludicrous moustaches and mullets.

Shall I go on?
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    nuffingman wrote:
    Face it Americans have got it wrong and like to play sports that nobody else likes. ;)

You like this

image009-1.jpg

image007-1.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • -decodified--decodified- Posts: 2,686
    nuffingman wrote:

You like this

image009-1.jpg

image007-1.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I'm really excited for Saturday's game. It is too bad i'll be at work for most of the games during the world cup as none of them will be played at night in the states. Kind of limits what i can watch.

We have a group of about 20 friends going to the local bar to watch the game. It should be great fun lots of fun :D
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • -decodified--decodified- Posts: 2,686
    intodeep wrote:
    I'm really excited for Saturday's game. It is too bad i'll be at work for most of the games during the world cup as none of them will be played at night in the states. Kind of limits what i can watch.

We have a group of about 20 friends going to the local bar to watch the game. It should be great fun lots of fun :D

I know... in CA sucks... games are too early - 4am, 6am and 11am... the 11am game is perfecto for some beers specially in sunny california... VAMOS ARGENTINA CARAJO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    dunkman wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

that said,

american sports are thus

1. US Football - whats with all the padding... the last time I seen anything wearing that much padding was on a hemophiliac elephant during a particularly heavy period. Also, there are about 48 men in each team... no wonder they never sweat, they only run 10 yards max before their fat hearts collapse under the weight of that padding.

2. Baseball... worlds easiest game. Nobody plays it in the rest of the world as they don't want to be seen dead wearing a matching pyjama set. throw a ball, hit it hard. It's the sporting equivalent of cup n ball... except in cup n ball you don't have to wear night clothes during the day.

3. Basketball. Kinda limited to really tall fuckers, who if it werent for basketball would either have a career in giraffe dentistry or as a travelling freak in an old time circus. Big lanky men look stupid when running... almost as stupid as girls... almost.

;);)

"giraffe dentistry" this is LEGENDARY.
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    I'm rooting for the "new" south african team. They ought to kick ass...
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Soccer-3.jpg
    Less than 29 hours before the first game. Bring it on!!!!!!
    awesomes. cannot wait... hopefully the first game has plenty of goals!! 8-)8-)
  • titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    dunkman wrote:

lets hope.
    great avatar man.. :lol:
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    dunkman wrote:

lets hope.
    great avatar man.. :lol:

hahaha... :lol:
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    nuffingman wrote:

You like this

image009-1.jpg

image007-1.jpg

Friggin' Hilarious!.....lol :lol:
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067

soccer is the most played sport by kids from age 4-12 in america. skateboarding is a close 2nd.

just saying

it def isn't just running around and kicking a ball. it's a human chess match really. if you just go running around kicking the ball for the hell of it defenses will stop before you even get to the penalty yard mark and make you look really stupid. that if you even get that far. soccer players are like any other athletes they always wanna get a call. soccer players are more good at acting.

so i guess football is for meatheads who like to get their brain bashed in. i guess baseball is for nerds who couldn't hack it in football or hockey. see it's fun to generalize a sport when you have no clue bout the game isn't it steve :roll:.

people in this country don't care bout soccer cause its not a fabric of the country like football and baseball and basketball is. soccer is a niche sport like hockey is. just that hockey has had a foundation since 1920's here. the only way the non soccer die hard will care bout soccer is if we win the world cup. it would be like the 1980 miracle on ice. thats when people truly cared bout hockey.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

dunkman remove that avatar now.. :lol:
    +1
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    SOCCEROOS!!!
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    SOCCEROOS!!!

cool!!!!
    dunkman remove that avatar now.. :lol:

no. god put it there... i have nothing to do with it. :shifty: