*** 2010 FIFA World Cup ***

dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
edited August 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
:thumbup:

go Argentina :)8-)
oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    dunkman wrote:

:evil: we will kick their ass first,,,but after ill support them as well :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4HqMgtePg4
    ole ole ole ..cada dia te quiero mas
    oh Argentina un sentimiento no puedo parar
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Argentina is good on paper.

But coach Maradona is not helping things.

I think Spain may take it.
    NERDS!
    Argentina is good on paper.

But coach Maradona is not helping things.

I think Spain may take it.
    i dont think even u can call maradona a coach!! :lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • release23420release23420 Posts: 1,176
    be nice if the states digged the cup this much
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    be nice if the states digged the cup this much

i reckon you guys will do ok... well just beating England will be good enough for me ;)

and SoS... I believe Maradona can do what he wants as he is technically a god... a shit coach yes... but a god nonetheless. ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    I hear Dennis Conners is coming out of retirement to reclaim his title
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    Things are setting up pretty nicely for a huge June 12th for USA!
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Argentina!!!! Messi!!!!!! Spain is great but can they do it. Most talented team is Spain. Who will be this years camareon? It mite be englands year but with the Terry shit going on, he mite have Fucked it up for them. I'm picking Argentina to win it and picking a barca/Chelsea champions league final. Fuck fake ass Madrid!!! Veiska barca!!!! Olla ley olla la ser der barca is el melorichia!!!!!
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    *******AUSTRALIA******* will Win!!!.......hahaha :P :P :P
    i_lov_it wrote:
    this is a big joke like Greece will win it.. :D
    i_lov_it wrote:
    this is a big joke like Greece will win it.. :D

Atleast we're Staying "Loyal"...Maybe a Greece vs Australia *FINAL*...hahaha... :P
  • Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
    dunkman wrote:

8-)
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    Come on Aussies!

I'm happy we're even in there! 'Ave a go!
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Can't wait for the Copa Mundial. I loved watching 4 years ago in Germany. The Americans have a legitimate chance to do some damage if they can make it out of the group. They surely won't take it all, but a big win on a big stage would be fantastic.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    First off, I'm not a soccer fan, but usually do watch the final game. I have a question. This is country vs. country with the best footballers? Now does the indivdual leagues that these players play in shutdown for the world cup or is the world cup held in the off season?
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • lukin2006 wrote:
    First off, I'm not a soccer fan, but usually do watch the final game. I have a question. This is country vs. country with the best footballers? Now does the indivdual leagues that these players play in shutdown for the world cup or is the world cup held in the off season?

Not positive, but I believe it's held in the offseason for most leagues.

Players will leave their teams throughout the year and play international matches though.
    NERDS!
  • HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Being that the overwhelming majority of the top players play in the various European leagues, and it's always held during the European off-season around June-July, it'd be the South American, Scandinavian and Russian leagues that'd shut down around this time.

It's the global sport. There's no such thing as an off-season the world over.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • bernmodibernmodi Posts: 631
    Germany - Argentina tonight! Will be good to see how ready these teams are.
    My favourites for the World Cup are Spain and Brasil. I hope most for the Netherlands though.
  • At the start of the 90's the odds of the States winning the World Cup in the next 20 years shortened considerably. Football, aka soccer, was huge in the colleges (maybe it still is?), but struggles professionally compared to basketball, baseball and American Football.

I still maintain that if football ever became as popular as any of the three main sports in the States, America would quickly become a major force in world football.

As for this year's World Cup, it'll be the same old story for England. Bit of an up and down start before bottling it against one of the big teams. :(
    It's gonna be a glorious day...
    Hinn wrote:
    Come on Aussies!

I'm happy we're even in there! 'Ave a go!

I'm looking forward to Australia V Germany ;)
    Can't wait for the Copa Mundial. I loved watching 4 years ago in Germany. The Americans have a legitimate chance to do some damage if they can make it out of the group. They surely won't take it all, but a big win on a big stage would be fantastic.

I think the US will definitely make it out of the group, no reason they shouldn't. I would love to see them win the group though since if they come in second, they get Germany in the round of 16.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I think the US will definitely make it out of the group, no reason they shouldn't. I would love to see them win the group though since if they come in second, they get Germany in the round of 16.

Algeria and Slovenia won't be easy... if the US plays like it did during Confederations Cup then they'll progress... but Algeria & Slovenia may cause them problems.

Fifa rankings
    18th = US
    27th = Slovenia
    32nd = Algeria

on paper you should progress... but as we all know it's never that easy! ;)
    dunkman wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Algeria and Slovenia won't be easy... if the US plays like it did during Confederations Cup then they'll progress... but Algeria & Slovenia may cause them problems.

Fifa rankings
    18th = US
    27th = Slovenia
    32nd = Algeria

on paper you should progress... but as we all know it's never that easy! ;)

Oh no, definitely won't be easy but I also think the US got a favorable draw. Could have been in a much more difficult group and while it is not given, I think they will advance.
  • I don't care if they're favourite or not... i'm too patriotic not to write:

C'mon ENGLAND!!!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Sooooooooooo looking forward to the World Cup 8-)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • GO BRAZIL!! GO
    GO BRAZIL!! GO
    Luiz de Marco
    I don't care if they're favourite or not... i'm too patriotic not to write:

Going down on June 12th!!!
  • bernmodi wrote:
    Germany - Argentina tonight! Will be good to see how ready these teams are.
    My favourites for the World Cup are Spain and Brasil. I hope most for the Netherlands though.

My opnion... Germany 2 x 0 Argentina....
    And Brazil won yesterday!! Robinho´s Show 8-)
    Luiz de Marco

me also!! I am more excited about that than I am the PJ shows! and my team isnt even in it... and i'm not even going to any of the games.. but i love the World Cup!

Its on my list of things to do before I die... go to another country for a World Cup. :thumbup:
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:

yeah yeah... We invented the damn sport! You'll be 2-0 down by half time, I can feel it in my waters... ;)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

yeah yeah... We invented the damn sport! You'll be 2-0 down by half time, I can feel it in my waters... ;)

In all seriousness, I would seriously be thrilled with a draw. Thrilled!