*** 2010 FIFA World Cup ***

Comments

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    U.S. advances with ...
    1. A win over Algeria. The U.S. would then have five points, enough to ensure one of the top two spots.
    2. A tie against Algeria and a Slovenia win over England. The U.S. would then have three points, good for second place behind Slovenia.
    3. A tie against Algeria and a Slovenia-England tie in which England does not outscore U.S. by two or more goals. The U.S. and England would then each have three points, and the U.S. would win the tiebreaker on total goals scored to finish second behind Slovenia's five points.

U.S. might advance with ...
    1. A tie against Algeria and a Slovenia-England tie in which England outscores the U.S. by exactly two goals. In that scenario, the U.S. and England would be equal on points, goal differential and goals scored, meaning the advancement would come down to a "drawing of lots by the FIFA Organising Committee."

U.S. is eliminated with ...
    1. A loss to Algeria. The U.S. would then be stuck at two points, while Algeria would jump up to four. With Slovenia already having four, the U.S. would not have enough to move on.
    2. A tie against Algeria and an England win over Slovenia. The U.S. would then have only three points, while England's win would give them five and Slovenia would have four.
    3. A tie against Algeria and a Slovenia-England tie in which England outscores the U.S. by three or more goals. The U.S. and England would then each have three points, and the U.S. would lose the tiebreaker on total goals scored to finish third behind Slovenia and England.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    yep

1. A tie against Algeria and a Slovenia-England tie in which England outscores the U.S. by exactly two goals. In that scenario, the U.S. and England would be equal on points, goal differential and goals scored, meaning the advancement would come down to a "drawing of lots by the FIFA Organising Committee."

FIFA is praying
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    metsfan wrote:

1. it's a REF not a judge. get it right
    2. you can curse at a REF as long as you aren't abusive to him. its also at his discretion not yours.
    3. i guess you didn't have problem with slovenia holding not one BUT 2 american players on the corner kick in the 86th minute. those are automatic penalty kicks. you musta have forgotten those huh. :roll:
    4. both sides were dirty. but again i guess slovenia gets a pass right. :roll:

1. Relax the person is from Slovenia it's not gonna translate the same ;)

2. Very True

3. He said that we were screwed on that play.

4. Both sides I thought played fairly clean except for all the holding. Dempsey's elbow's weren't intentional I don't think either.

The problem was our effort in the first half even though we missed some easy opportunities in front of net. I know it's beating a dead horse but the officiating was atrocious. No one is even talking about the Findlay card that's how bad it was.

Next game we start Buddle and Altidore up front. Run a Midfield of Donovan, Feilhaber, Bradley, Dempsey.

Defense we need Bocanegra, Cherundolo, DeMerit, & Bornstein.

Bring in Edu, Onyewu, and Gomez as the subs.
    NERDS!
    metsfan wrote:

2. you can curse at a REF as long as you aren't abusive to him. its also at his discretion not yours.
    3. i guess you didn't have problem with slovenia holding not one BUT 2 american players on the corner kick in the 86th minute. those are automatic penalty kicks. you musta have forgotten those huh. :roll:

2. Very True

4. Both sides I thought played fairly clean except for all the holding. Dempsey's elbow's weren't intentional I don't think either.

The problem was our effort in the first half even though we missed some easy opportunities in front of net. I know it's beating a dead horse but the officiating was atrocious. No one is even talking about the Findlay card that's how bad it was.

Next game we start Buddle and Altidore up front. Run a Midfield of Donovan, Feilhaber, Bradley, Dempsey.

Man, Bornstein scares me out there. The Findlay card was a joke. This was one of the worst officiated games I have ever seen.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

2. Very True

Man, Bornstein scares me out there. The Findlay card was a joke. This was one of the worst officiated games I have ever seen.

Onyewu scares me right now because I don't feel that he's in game shape right now.
    NERDS!

Onyewu scares me right now because I don't feel that he's in game shape right now.

Me too, he has gotten really lucky so far.

i like your middies and forwards

defense I'd go Onyewu , Cherundolo, Bocanegra and Spector

metsfan wrote:

Onyewu cant play outside.
    metsfan wrote:

DeMerit has been aggressive and playing well though. I'm OK w/ Spector instead of Bornstein though. Guch just scares me too much right now.
    NERDS!
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

Onyewu cant play outside.
    to be honest Onyewu can't play defense period. i think he hurts our D but you need his veteran presence.

metsfan wrote:

DeMerit has been aggressive and playing well though. I'm OK w/ Spector instead of Bornstein though. Guch just scares me too much right now.

I like DeMerit's play. He has been solid. Bradley is my new favorite player.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    USA-WORLD-CUP-CALL-FOUL-OFFSIDES-MAURICE-EDU.jpg
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    The guy giving Bradley the Heimlich on the bottom right kills me. :lol:
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    jimed14 wrote:
    The guy giving Bradley the Heimlich on the bottom right kills me. :lol:

living in san fransisco, you should be used to seeing that ;):lol::lol:
    norm wrote:
    wow that's like 3 penalty shots :roll:

The one on Bradley is insane. The rest are part of the game. But yeah, fucking piss poor.

We will still advance. I have no worries with this team now.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    hwkb17_063.jpg
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    metsfan wrote:
    norm wrote:
    wow that's like 3 penalty shots :roll:

What that picture is still missing is a second or two later Altidore gets mugged too. Worst call I've ever seen. And I'm a US fan, I've seen a ton of terrible calls.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,985
    All I gotta say is these blue US jerseys are the worst fucking things I've ever seen. Looks like something out of 1992. Uuuuugly.
    All I gotta say is these blue US jerseys are the worst fucking things I've ever seen. Looks like something out of 1992. Uuuuugly.

These jerseys are fucking horrible. Last years uni's were awesome and these look like a fucking beauty pagent. Just a disgrace. I was planning on buying one but fuck that.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

These jerseys are fucking horrible. Last years uni's were awesome and these look like a fucking beauty pagent. Just a disgrace. I was planning on buying one but fuck that.

Yeah, some chick I know bought one and I've been reaming her about it ever since. She avoids my texts, phone calls, and conversation because it is what I start with.

Don't they have a white one that doesn't have this stupid design on it? Reminds me of when MLB teams had those horrendous future uniforms back in like '96.
  • force-10force-10 Posts: 794
    I was going to post it here, but maybe it is better if you could check my thread instead.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=135518
    IN THE DARK, ALL CATS ARE BLACK.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, some chick I know bought one and I've been reaming her about it ever since. She avoids my texts, phone calls, and conversation because it is what I start with.

Don't they have a white one that doesn't have this stupid design on it? Reminds me of when MLB teams had those horrendous future uniforms back in like '96.

Good for you dude, they are fuckling horrible, I saw rumors about these jerseys in May and I was praying it wasn't true.

The white ones are not as bad but they still have the sash bullshit.

I really like these:

team-usa-2009-soccer-sweden-usa-january-2009-gzWeFl.jpg
    force-10 wrote:
    I was going to post it here, but maybe it is better if you could check my thread instead.

You wrote ALL of that? Jesus. Sorry, man - I stopped reading after like the second sentence.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Good for you dude, they are fuckling horrible, I saw rumors about these jerseys in May and I was praying it wasn't true.

The white ones are not as bad but they still have the sash bullshit.

I really like these:

team-usa-2009-soccer-sweden-usa-january-2009-gzWeFl.jpg

Yeah, they're not bad. Simple, which all uni's should be.

Hell, if they wanted to get absolutely tacky then they should just make their jerseys the American flag. A bunch of stars and strips wrapped around it. If you're gonna make it shitty looking, then be deliberate. At least I can respect that for their humor. Maybe some shorts the same way - jamz/zooba style.

Hell, if they wanted to get absolutely tacky then they should just make their jerseys the American flag. A bunch of stars and strips wrapped around it. If you're gonna make it shitty looking, then be deliberate. At least I can respect that for their humor. Maybe some shorts the same way - jamz/zooba style.

You mean like these?

usa1994.jpg

I have one of those jerseys signed by the entire 1994 team. Worst jersey ever.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

You mean like these?

usa1994.jpg

Oh shit. Now THAT is fucking awesome. Should be worn at every WC. Needs more stripes though.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

You mean like these?

usa1994.jpg

Oh shit. Now THAT is fucking awesome. Should be worn at every WC. Needs more stripes though.

The imitation denim does not make up for the stripes?
  • force-10force-10 Posts: 794
    force-10 wrote:

You wrote ALL of that? Jesus. Sorry, man - I stopped reading after like the second sentence.

Thanks for your sincerity.
    IN THE DARK, ALL CATS ARE BLACK.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    You mean like these?

usa1994.jpg

The imitation denim does not make up for the stripes?

Hmmmm. Keep the shirts, make the shorts the stripes. Perfect.