*** 2010 FIFA World Cup ***

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    Those really are so bad, it's awesome.
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    metsfan wrote:
    What a fucking joke...

No wonder the bloody yanks are full of themselves... they have reason to be if we play like that bag of wank piss poor excuse for a fucking match. :evil:
    say aren't you from Ireland and not England. so why would you be cheering on england. but very funny post. probably funniest one I've seen in a while on here. also huge props for being a girl and actually knowing the game and not being into it cause the players "hot". :thumbup: :)
    I know you were prob joking but I still find it odd you'd say that (not that I'm offended or anything)
    I think a lot of women know the game well... in fact i'd say in North America the women's teams go a lot further than the men's on the world stage. At least that's how it works in Canada. :roll:
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

1. Relax the person is from Slovenia it's not gonna translate the same ;)

2. Very True

3. He said that we were screwed on that play.

4. Both sides I thought played fairly clean except for all the holding. Dempsey's elbow's weren't intentional I don't think either.

The problem was our effort in the first half even though we missed some easy opportunities in front of net. I know it's beating a dead horse but the officiating was atrocious. No one is even talking about the Findlay card that's how bad it was.

Next game we start Buddle and Altidore up front. Run a Midfield of Donovan, Feilhaber, Bradley, Dempsey.

Defense we need Bocanegra, Cherundolo, DeMerit, & Bornstein.

Bring in Edu, Onyewu, and Gomez as the subs.

Man, Bornstein scares me out there. The Findlay card was a joke. This was one of the worst officiated games I have ever seen.

Onyewu scares me right now because I don't feel that he's in game shape right now.

he was awful today. I thought the first goal was his fault. he hesitated stepping out to challenge the shot...then ducked out of the way once the guy shot the ball.

he's coming off the injury, so it's understandable if he's rusty. and I get that he's their most valuable defender. he's got to be better than he was today...he was bad
    jimed14 wrote:
    hwkb17_063.jpg

where are their english or french jerseys?

sorry in advance to those fans...I couldn't resist
    That Slovenian keeper wasn't doing himself any favours by backing up into the net on the USA's first goal, esp from that angle.... come out a bit!!
    haffajappa wrote:
    That Slovenian keeper wasn't doing himself any favours by backing up into the net on the USA's first goal, esp from that angle.... come out a bit!!

I fucking love that Donovan said after the match, "I was aiming for his head"...... and if the keeper didn't duck his head would have been taken off.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Oh shit. Now THAT is fucking awesome. Should be worn at every WC. Needs more stripes though.

The imitation denim does not make up for the stripes?

Hmmmm. Keep the shirts, make the shorts the stripes. Perfect.

great stuff fellas. almost as good as those unis. hahaha

thanks for picking out my halloween costume. now where do I order?
    haffajappa wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    What a fucking joke...

No wonder the bloody yanks are full of themselves... they have reason to be if we play like that bag of wank piss poor excuse for a fucking match. :evil:
    say aren't you from Ireland and not England. so why would you be cheering on england. but very funny post. probably funniest one I've seen in a while on here. also huge props for being a girl and actually knowing the game and not being into it cause the players "hot". :thumbup: :)
    I know you were prob joking but I still find it odd you'd say that (not that I'm offended or anything)
    I think a lot of women know the game well... in fact i'd say in North America the women's teams go a lot further than the men's on the world stage. At least that's how it works in Canada. :roll:

relax dude, he's joking
    haha, I was in Irish Times at 2nd and Bainbridge a couple weeks ago and some chick was talking some shit to me about the Yankees and I guess I got into it with her a little bit. Some guy she was with looked at me and said, "you realize you are arguing sports with a woman, right?"
    The Fixer wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

relax dude, he's joking
    yeah, i'm not rolling my eyes at him, i'm rolling them at the fact Canada's men can't get the job done... they leave it to the ladies.

Quite relaxed, actually.... as i'm scrolling thru squad line ups making a "top 5 sexiest world cup footballers" list.
    And no, christiano ronaldo is NOT on it

8-)
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    Bye Bye Shithead Ref. Too bad it's a little too late.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-cup/ ... 901&ver=us
    NERDS!
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    haffajappa wrote:
    oh no i wasn't joking at all. it's true though on here. you don't see really alota girls ever post in a sports and know so much bout a sport and be into it like sian is. i was being nice to sian is all hence the thumbs up and smile.

:)
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    OK..The ref give the foul to numberr 3 of USA team..he actually did the foul..the problem is this:he didnt see the same thing happen with slovenian defenders that did 2-3 penalty..the sure is he frou frou..lol..before the goal..for me seems he has in his mind to stop the whole action..so nothing happen.like usa scores.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    btw i understand conplitly Iker Casillas for not have his mind in the game!!!
    SARA CARBONERO!!!

Sara%20Carbonero.jpg

sara-carbonero1.jpg

sara-carbonero2.jpg

sara-carbonero.jpg
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • StereotypeStereotype Posts: 885
    :mrgreen:
    few things

1. it's a REF not a judge. get it right
    2. you can curse at a REF as long as you aren't abusive to him. its also at his discretion not yours.
    3. i guess you didn't have problem with slovenia holding not one BUT 2 american players on the corner kick in the 86th minute. those are automatic penalty kicks. you musta have forgotten those huh. :roll:
    4. both sides were dirty. but again i guess slovenia gets a pass right. :roll:

1. English is not my first language... My mistake, I knew that- but in our language the term is the same. Glad you corrected me.
    2. Oh so grabbing his shoulder and screaming at his face isn't abusive? I'm telling you - any decent ref would not have stand it. His problem, I know. But somehow it gets me how also USA couch was pressuring him all the time - and it was working - but it's just not the way to do it.
    3. I've told you, I agree - the third goal was valid. Of course those were fouls but both ways -but at free kicks there is always a lot of pushing/pulling etc going on. It depends on the refs criteria. This ref didn't have a solid and even criteria for both teams and wasn't even consistent within one team. Both teams in my opinion saw that and pushed luck a little - you did it through out the game - and got away with it even without much cards and we did it at the end - but mostly because we were tired, getting slower and less causcious.
    4.USA was dirtier, I can't believe you didn't see that. We didn't push elbows at nobody's face and we weren't falling so much for nothing (or falling on a ball and getting free kicks). Dempsey should have gotten red or at least yellow in the first minute and then lets see you play with one player less. Of course now on youtube and in the media only that final scene is played over and over and analyzed - very typical.

But it is what it is. I think we were better and deserved it more. I also believe both sides were ripped off by refs decisions. It's best to move on. Good luck with Algeria!
    The worst enemies of music? Money and Mathematics. Combined with music, they both do the exact opposite of what they're supposed to do. Money makes music cheap, mathematics makes it stupid and predictable.

____

Zagreb 2006/ Munich 2007/ Venice 2007/ Berlin 2009 / Venice 2010 / 2 x Berlin 2012 / Stockholm 2012 / Milan 2014 / Trieste 2014 / Vienna 2014 / Florence (EV) 2019 / Padova 2018 / Prague 2018 / Imola 2022 / Budapest 2022 / Vienna 2022 / Prague 2022 

• KarleyKarley Posts: 506
    pretty dissapointing games by now :cry:
    <object height="305" width="100%"> <param name="movie" value="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http://api.soundcloud.com/playlists/1168750&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt; <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param> <embed allowscriptaccess="always" height="305" src="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http://api.soundcloud.com/playlists/1168750&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"></embed> </object> <span><a href=" favorite tracks!</a> by <a href="
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    USA got robbed, that ref needs to be fired.
    That yellow for the ''handball'' was a joke, feel for the player that misses the next match now.
    And that goal was a goal, wtf!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    Stereotype wrote:
    :mrgreen:
    few things

1. it's a REF not a judge. get it right
    2. you can curse at a REF as long as you aren't abusive to him. its also at his discretion not yours.
    3. i guess you didn't have problem with slovenia holding not one BUT 2 american players on the corner kick in the 86th minute. those are automatic penalty kicks. you musta have forgotten those huh. :roll:
    4. both sides were dirty. but again i guess slovenia gets a pass right. :roll:

1. English is not my first language... My mistake, I knew that- but in our language the term is the same. Glad you corrected me.
    2. Oh so grabbing his shoulder and screaming at his face isn't abusive? I'm telling you - any decent ref would not have stand it. His problem, I know. But somehow it gets me how also USA couch was pressuring him all the time - and it was working - but it's just not the way to do it.
    3. I've told you, I agree - the third goal was valid. Of course those were fouls but both ways -but at free kicks there is always a lot of pushing/pulling etc going on. It depends on the refs criteria. This ref didn't have a solid and even criteria for both teams and wasn't even consistent within one team. Both teams in my opinion saw that and pushed luck a little - you did it through out the game - and got away with it even without much cards and we did it at the end - but mostly because we were tired, getting slower and less causcious.
    4.USA was dirtier, I can't believe you didn't see that. We didn't push elbows at nobody's face and we weren't falling so much for nothing (or falling on a ball and getting free kicks). Dempsey should have gotten red or at least yellow in the first minute and then lets see you play with one player less. Of course now on youtube and in the media only that final scene is played over and over and analyzed - very typical.

But it is what it is. I think we were better and deserved it more. I also believe both sides were ripped off by refs decisions. It's best to move on. Good luck with Algeria!

Ova Slovenka je opasna, pazi te se Amerikanci :lol:
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    i got out in the balcony to check some chicks in other apartments..better that this match..make me sleepy..

Why now you don't perving?
    i got out in the balcony to check some chicks in other apartments..better that this match..make me sleepy..

man,they want me to look!!!girls are naughty here,not coldass.. :lol::lol:

man,they want me to look!!!girls are naughty here,not coldass.. :lol::lol:

homer-badman2.png?w=512&h=384

HomerBadman.png
    go netherlnds!!!i just wish this shithead van bommel didnt play..the worst character of player ever!!
  • StereotypeStereotype Posts: 885
    Ova Slovenka je opasna, pazi te se Amerikanci :lol:

Opa! Nekdo iz Avstralije :) Tako, tako povej jim! ;)
    Lep pozdrav! (Super profil slika!Bil je 1A -igram bobne, tako da vem! ;) )

Btw - a really nicely made calendar of the matches: http://www.marca.com/deporte/futbol/mundial/sudafrica-2010/calendario-english.html
    The worst enemies of music? Money and Mathematics. Combined with music, they both do the exact opposite of what they're supposed to do. Money makes music cheap, mathematics makes it stupid and predictable.

____

Zagreb 2006/ Munich 2007/ Venice 2007/ Berlin 2009 / Venice 2010 / 2 x Berlin 2012 / Stockholm 2012 / Milan 2014 / Trieste 2014 / Vienna 2014 / Florence (EV) 2019 / Padova 2018 / Prague 2018 / Imola 2022 / Budapest 2022 / Vienna 2022 / Prague 2022 

:cry:
    haffajappa wrote:
    Don't cry my Asian sista :)
    NERDS!
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    mmmm not long to go..

ln.jpg
    wah
    haffajappa wrote:
    we played so well! that stupid goal!!
    this sucks!! i really thought we had it there at the end... so close so CLOSE!! :cry::cry:
    haffajappa wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:
    this sucks!! i really thought we had it there at the end... so close so CLOSE!! :cry::cry:
    Yep you had some good chances at the end. Don't feel bad, you lost to one of the best 5 teams IMO.
    NERDS!
    haffajappa wrote:
    Yep you had some good chances at the end. Don't feel bad, you lost to one of the best 5 teams IMO.
    we were never expected to win.
    according to bob lenarduzzi on the cbc feed we weren't even playing... he referred to us as the s. koreans :shock:
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Cmon Aussie. One nil baby
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014