*** 2010 FIFA World Cup ***

Comments

• Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    My oh my how arrogant the Germans are, their coach is saying Aussies are dull and that they will beat us easy.
    Cocky mofo!

I know it will be hard to do, but boy how great would it be to beat them, egg on face for him.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    My oh my how arrogant the Germans are, their coach is saying Aussies are dull and that they will beat us easy.
    Cocky mofo!

I know it will be hard to do, but boy how great would it be to beat them, egg on face for him.

Is that footballer trash talk?

"You sir, are dull!"
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    ill take a $5 that oz dont lose to germany .

well you know we took them on in 2 world wars and was on the winning side both times so.............. ;)

:lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,385
    SOCCEROOS!!!

Definitely the best World Cup nickname!
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    SOCCEROOS!!!

Definitely the best World Cup nickname!

yeah everythings kangaroo related here considering we ride them every day. ;):lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    dunkman remove that avatar now.. :lol:
    I was looking for an avatar of a fat, cheating smack head but all I could find was John Prescott. Not sure if he's a smack head though.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    nuffingman wrote:
    I was looking for an avatar of a fat, cheating smack head but all I could find was John Prescott. Not sure if he's a smack head though.

he does smack heads though

punch.jpg
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    dunkman wrote:
    nuffingman wrote:

he does smack heads though

punch.jpg
    nice one! :lol:
  • We all have to wear red and white at work tomorrow :roll:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    We all have to wear red, white and blue at work tomorrow :roll:

Fixed it...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • We all have to wear red, white and blue at work tomorrow :roll:

Fixed it...

Well as it's ENGLAND that are playing and not BRITAIN, red and white is correct ;)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    We all have to wear red, white and blue at work tomorrow :roll:

Fixed it...

Well as it's ENGLAND that are playing and not BRITAIN, red and white is correct ;)

I think he meant...

USA! USA! USA!
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Still don't know who I have in my work pool. So I'll just say Go Team!
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I think he meant...

USA! USA! USA!
    :mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:

I think he meant...

USA! USA! USA!
    :mrgreen:

Pfft... he can get to feck! :P

I'm patriotic through and through and I predict a 3-1 score on Saturday... to us ;)

I'm patriotic through and through and I predict a 3-1 score on Saturday... to us ;)

While I am not incredibly optimistic, I have never been more excited for a US soccer game in my life. England is the better team but the US has proven they can catch teams off guard and pull an upset. That said, I am thinking a 1-1 draw which sets the US up nicely to advance.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:

While I am not incredibly optimistic, I have never been more excited for a US soccer game in my life. England is the better team but the US has proven they can catch teams off guard and pull an upset. That said, I am thinking a 1-1 draw which sets the US up nicely to advance.

I have to be optimistic, hope is all we got here in Ol' Blighty! :lol:

• FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    come on England!!!..i support England in the match with USA.. :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    What?!?!?!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    :shock: :cry:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632

well, I WAS going to support Greece in their game against SA tomorrow.............
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146

why now you dont support usa!!! :twisted:
  • come on England!!!..i support England in the match with USA.. :)

Is right. Us europeans gotta look out for each other :D
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    metsfan wrote:

soccer/football is an underwear sport played by guys who know how to 1.) kick the ball, 2.) run after the ball, and 3.) act like a sniper shot them from the 8th row everytime anyone on the opposing team attempts to tackle the ball. Americans can see through this. the rest of the world are a bunch of stupid idiots.

soccer is the most played sport by kids from age 4-12 in america. skateboarding is a close 2nd.

just saying

it def isn't just running around and kicking a ball. it's a human chess match really. if you just go running around kicking the ball for the hell of it defenses will stop before you even get to the penalty yard mark and make you look really stupid. that if you even get that far. soccer players are like any other athletes they always wanna get a call. soccer players are more good at acting.

so i guess football is for meatheads who like to get their brain bashed in. i guess baseball is for nerds who couldn't hack it in football or hockey. see it's fun to generalize a sport when you have no clue bout the game isn't it steve :roll:.

people in this country don't care bout soccer cause its not a fabric of the country like football and baseball and basketball is. soccer is a niche sport like hockey is. just that hockey has had a foundation since 1920's here. the only way the non soccer die hard will care bout soccer is if we win the world cup. it would be like the 1980 miracle on ice. thats when people truly cared bout hockey.

Brian, why make generalizing comments on what you think I know (or don't know) about soccer, football, basketball, hockey, and baseball? Man was i even talking to you? No. Dunk and I, in our cordially sarcastic observations, have had this conversation for a few years now between between Scots, Americans, and soccer. Nothing to do with you. Thank you for your observations in your final paragraph...and while it's a scary thought thinking that you speak for the 'people in this country', I do agree with you on this point. Seeing the US win the Cup would certainly spike a great interest in soccer here in the US. But seeing as how you don't know shit about me other than the fact that I'm a PJ fan like you, I'll give you a slice of info...I coached 2 of those 4-12 year old youth teams last fall. Does this make me an expert on soccer? No. But Dunk knows what I'm talking about with the 'sniper' bit...it's why he responds in kind.
    I love to turn you on
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    norm wrote:

why now you dont support usa!!! :twisted:

:lol::lol:
    I love to turn you on
    FIRST%20NAVY.jpg
    82660.JPG&l=400
    GoiMTvP.gif