Options

*THE 2010, 2012, and 2014 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS*

Comments

• Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736

Does it really count though since it was against The Padres?

oh it counts... who were the first two pitchers this year, to throw a no hitter?

;)

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,697
    PJ_ROCKS said:

Does it really count though since it was against The Padres?

oh it counts... who were the first two pitchers this year, to throw a no hitter?

;)
    can't remember their names.....just that they play for some shit team.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    My husband emailed me about Timmy today and I thought he was making a joke. Very sweet.
  • Options
    Enkidu said:

My husband emailed me about Timmy today and I thought he was making a joke. Very sweet.

almost as sweet as that 'stache :))

Meanwhile, our big money guy has ONE win.
    >:P

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    :-h

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    well, after losing 22 of our last 31, I guess I'll take being only one game back of Evil Empire West and their MLB leading payroll. the AS break is coming at a good time. we need to regroup and battle thru the second half. At least most of our guys are back. GO G-MEN!!!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    81 says hi

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    we're so good :D

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Pinch me. Is this real?
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,982
    Saw on FaceBook that the Giants have won the pennant. Had to come here to verify it!
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Here's to hoping the Giants can give me a new photo to use as my avatar.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options

Saw on FaceBook that the Giants have won the pennant. Had to come here to verify it!

I heard it, too....but not on faceturd. :-$

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    I think KC just realized winning this series is not going to be as easy as they thought after the last game. KC fans seemed to be getting a little to cocky like this was already over. I'm just praying Bochy has the guts to start Petit in game 6 to try and close it out should Madbum do what everyone expects and hands the series lead back to SF. Petit only threw 3 innings last night so hopefully he could be rested by then. The man is in a zone right now.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    I do have to say though that Ned Yost has earned my respect. He might be the 'new' Bochy. He just needs to move to the senior circuit where managers actually can make a huge difference after the first pitch is thrown.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    cdysinge said:

I think KC just realized winning this series is not going to be as easy as they thought after the last game. KC fans seemed to be getting a little to cocky like this was already over. I'm just praying Bochy has the guts to start Petit in game 6 to try and close it out should Madbum do what everyone expects and hands the series lead back to SF. Petit only threw 3 innings last night so hopefully he could be rested by then. The man is in a zone right now.

I'm OK with either Peavy or Hudson.....you don't know what you'll get but if you get shit, you can always go to Petit.

Vogey woulda got out of the third unscathed if the Gs either turn a fairly easy
    DP or Buster's throw doesn't hit the dude in the shoulder. Great comeback win :D

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    This tread kind of died not because Giants fans lack passion or conviction, but more due to the constant trolling of d**ger fans....I hope they have learned their lesson.

The crazy thing about all this recent success is how foreign it had been to us until 2010. Only a Giants fan would know of all our past heartache - McCovey's line drive to end the 1962 series, Bob fucking Robertson in 1971, losing the 1987 NLCS on the wrong end of game 6 and 7 shutouts, the 1989 Series sweep, losing twice in the bottom of the ninth to the 1997 Marlins, blowing a 7-0 lead on the final day of the 1998 season, coming back on a 3 run bottom of ninth HR in the 2000 NLDS only to lose in the 10th, Game 6 of the 2002 Series, the Jose Cruz drop in 2003.......

but, starting with Ian Kinsler's drive off the top of the fence that stayed IN in 2010, the bad juju seems to have shifted. In the past, Gordon would have scored from third on a passed ball or some such shit. The Giants still make mistakes but they don't implode afterwards. I never thought I'd see them win one......and now they have THREE!
    I hope the OP hasn't left.....he needs to change the thread title
    :D

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Madbum for supreme ruler of the universe. Game 6 of the 2002 WS was such a horrible thing as a sports fan. I was in SF at a wedding running between the bar at the reception and the wedding party. It was such a horrible way to lose. I feel for KC fans to get so close after sucking for so long only to lose in the end. Only one can win though. This really made me laugh as it embodies how spoiled we as Giants fans ave become after all that misery:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/2yearold-never-thought-he-would-live-to-see-giants,37320/
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    This should help troll the dodger fans. I will post in their thread as well.

Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Now if Sandoval ends up a Dodger I will probably cry.
    Post edited by Amongst the Ani on
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    cdysinge said:

Agree.

imalive knows this story. We got a cat, named it Nomar (when Nomar was playing for the Red Sox). Nomar ended up a Dodger. We got a dog (in 2010), named it Brian Wilson. Yep. We will NOT be naming any more pets after players we like - we are thinking of getting a pet and naming it Strickland though.

People do have to remember the misery of being a Giants fan. My husband has loved the Giants since he was a little boy. He was at the earthquake game. When they won in 2010 it was one of the greatest moments of his life. Even with 3 WS wins that misery is still lurking back there. If you're a Giants fan you understand that.
  • Options
    cdysinge said:

don't worry, he won't. They have Juan Uribe :))

after 17 playoff games with two Pearl Jam shows mixed in, my liver needs a break.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    cdysinge said:

This should help troll the dodger fans. I will post in their thread as well.

aw, leave 'em alone. we've been to FIVE World Series since their last trip :-$

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,311
    imalive said:

This tread kind of died not because Giants fans lack passion or conviction, but more due to the constant trolling of d**ger fans....I hope they have learned their lesson.

The crazy thing about all this recent success is how foreign it had been to us until 2010. Only a Giants fan would know of all our past heartache - McCovey's line drive to end the 1962 series, Bob fucking Robertson in 1971, losing the 1987 NLCS on the wrong end of game 6 and 7 shutouts, the 1989 Series sweep, losing twice in the bottom of the ninth to the 1997 Marlins, blowing a 7-0 lead on the final day of the 1998 season, coming back on a 3 run bottom of ninth HR in the 2000 NLDS only to lose in the 10th, Game 6 of the 2002 Series, the Jose Cruz drop in 2003.......

but, starting with Ian Kinsler's drive off the top of the fence that stayed IN in 2010, the bad juju seems to have shifted. In the past, Gordon would have scored from third on a passed ball or some such shit. The Giants still make mistakes but they don't implode afterwards. I never thought I'd see them win one......and now they have THREE!

Congrats on another title....fuckers.

as much as I dislike the Giants (mostly because they have kept winning while my Phils have gone in the tank) gotta say as Bumgarner kept going last night part of me was rooting for him to continue the dominance. awesome to see a guy perform at a level that pretty much no one else has done.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

imalive said:

Congrats on another title....fuckers.

as much as I dislike the Giants (mostly because they have kept winning while my Phils have gone in the tank) gotta say as Bumgarner kept going last night part of me was rooting for him to continue the dominance. awesome to see a guy perform at a level that pretty much no one else has done.
    Thanks. As the juggler would say, "God bless Madison Bumgarner." Juggler's man crush would be off the charts if Bummy pitched for your Phils.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    imalive said:

You give this depressed Rangers fan something to hope for. . . .
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Bumgardner in just his, what third year, has just entered elite status. Pretty impressive.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 41,048

Bumgardner in just his, what third year, has just entered elite status. Pretty impressive.

25 years old and a baseball legend already. I think technically this was his 4th year but, shit, who's counting, LOL! Mighty impressive!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    DUCK

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    anyone else concerned about the All Star Front Office they're putting together down south?

yeah, me neither. buwhahaha! no matter what the chain, it ends with Donnie Dimbulb.

oh......please, please, please don't let us end up with Hanley if we lose Panda. I'm kinda torn on this whole Panda topic.....one one hand, it's not MY money but, on the other, his in season numbers don't justify a nine figure contact.....and we've been down that road before. Life will go on either way.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16