Options

*THE 2010, 2012, and 2014 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS*

Comments

• Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,982
    History Lesson Please. Thanks in advance.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,679

History Lesson Please. Thanks in advance.

just got off the phone with a guy who used to work for Paramount Flag Co. in the 70s. Sent him pictures to see what he knows. Would look awesome over the bed but Codie says "no"

Just read some mystery team offered Chase fucking Headly 4/$65 M. God, I hope it wasn't the Giants.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    imalive said:

you guys can worry about your tour merch and rare posters....

I'll continue to spend my $$ on the good stuff. :))

photo IMG_0731_zps47fcbf36.jpg

Yeah, that's nice if you like that sort of thing. But it's not this:

photo 2ca3e670-5e88-4f85-969e-acb83586a478_zps7e6ca76f.jpg
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    I was 95% mostly joking with Lester (don't leave posts after you smoked a bowl is always the lesson, but I stand by Fuck Boston), but god no to 4 years of Headley at that rate. 3 years maybe, 4 no way. Yankees have cooled on him from what rumors are so it could be Giants. I pray not. I really hope they don't sign Melky either which I have been seeing a lot. I hope they aren't getting desperate. I would much rather them go the trade route than free agency. The team is made up of home grown guys and players they traded for.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    Enkidu said:

where do I get one??The Christmas party season is upon us.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    cdysinge said:

I was 95% mostly joking with Lester (don't leave posts after you smoked a bowl is always the lesson, but I stand by Fuck Boston), but god no to 4 years of Headley at that rate. 3 years maybe, 4 no way. Yankees have cooled on him from what rumors are so it could be Giants. I pray not. I really hope they don't sign Melky either which I have been seeing a lot. I hope they aren't getting desperate. I would much rather them go the trade route than free agency. The team is made up of home grown guys and players they traded for.

I'd love to get Lester....I think the d**gers just jumped in to fuck with us....beyond that, maybe we ought to just stay in house to fill 3B and LF...it may not be optimal but better than wasting $65M on a very average Chase Headley.

and, yeah, I'm not a pot smoker but I've had more than my share of regrettable drunken posts :))

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I would love Lester also but really if not more than 5 years. Hopefully Cain returns to form but he should serve as a warning about giving long term deals to any pitcher. All it takes is one injury and you are left dealing with a very bad deal for a long time. Shit, they just got out of the Zito deal and maybe left with a bad deal for Cain if he doesn't get back to form. If they want a front line pitcher wait until next season when Timmy comes off the books and you are just replacing his money for another pitcher. Next season is loaded for pitching in the offseason also. I'm in agreement that I would rather they try and fill LF and 3rd internally than give out stupid money to Headley or Melky. Before Panik was called up they had a massive hole at 2nd that no one saw Panik filling. There may be another Panik in the system waiting for a call up to show what they can do.

Either that or trade for a guy you can try out before you have to commit long term like they did with Pence.
    Post edited by Amongst the Ani on
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    imalive said:

Enkidu said:

Google Giants Christmas sweater. Lots of sizes are sold out. Mr. Enkidu is getting a hideous Buster Posey one.

Is the Melky thing real?
  • Options
    Enkidu said:

imalive said:

Enkidu said:

Google Giants Christmas sweater. Lots of sizes are sold out. Mr. Enkidu is getting a hideous Buster Posey one.

Is the Melky thing real?
    the sweater with the big 28 on back? @-)

I'm not sure how much Melky talk there has been within the organization, but it's definitely been/being discussed in the blogosphere.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    I have the bad feeling we're going to be the ones to overpay for Headley. Hope I'm wrong.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    I'm 90% sure we are. Just saw a report from Rosenthal Giants "are getting aggressive in their pursuits of Headley".
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    cdysinge said:

I'm 90% sure we are. Just saw a report from Rosenthal Giants "are getting aggressive in their pursuits of Headley".

now, I hear it's not us :))

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Congrats to MadBum!

I'm warming up to the idea of trying Scutaro at 3rd next season. Have him compete with the younger kids for 3rd. If he is back to health and can play why not. If nothing else maybe he pushes one of the kids. My question now is, why are we going after the SS from Korea? He's 27 so if you sign him it is to play now. We are set at SS so it makes no sense unless they are looking at him to play 3rd.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
  • Options
    The more I read about Headley the more I am thinking it's his camp floating the rumor of 4 for 65 to try and get the Yankees or Giants to bite. None of the major and somewhat credible baseball writers (there are no completely credible ones anymore) can figure out who that mystery team is. It could be someone like Colorado who Olney was guessing on who are just staying quiet. I'm leaning more on its Headleys camp trying the Boras playbook. If you can't get a bidding war going use the media to fabricate one. Boras did that to us with Zito when he made Giants brass think the Mets had offered an insane amount to trick the Giants into beating a bullshit offer. I really hope they don't fall for it again.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    Would I like the G's to sign Lester? Of course. That said, they won another WS last year while getting TWO, yes two, wins from our "ace." The Giants never look the best on paper but they find ways....

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    i am somewhat relieved Lester is going to the Cubs. One of my close friends at work is a cubs fan and he had the same feelings about Lester that I did. Happy if our team signed him, happy if our team didnt as there will be some bad years at the end of the deal. You are hoping for 3 good ones and then are probably stuck with 3 where you are really over paying him. I did apprecaiate one of the writers on team stream who wrote the Giants are really going against themselves this offseason with their bidding. They started winning world series when they stopped giving out bad deals to FA's and started building the team internally and with players on shorter deals they either traded for or signed on buy low deals.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,570
    Why did Sandoval sign with the Red Sox when they both offered the same contract?
  • Options
    Sandoval said he needed a new challenge.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,982
    It looks like the Dodgers enjoy shopping at TJ Maxx. They will buy anything on the shelf when they already have two of the same. I love it! Nothing says instability like instability!
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options

It looks like the Dodgers enjoy shopping at TJ Maxx. They will buy anything on the shelf when they already have two of the same. I love it! Nothing says instability like instability!

agreed. Let's throw all this shit on the wall and see if anything sticks. Evil Empire West.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    %-(

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    I'm feeling a massive over payment to Shields coming. Gammons polled a lot of baseball insiders and almost all had Shields coming to Giants. Its the battle of the spurned Lester suitors as it is supposed to be Giants and Red Sox battling for the right to over pay him. I laughed when Boras commented that he would love the Giants to enter the Scherzer bidding. I'm really sure they would but I dont see it ever happening.

The one thing I pray they don't do is move Panik to 3rd. They stunted Belt's growth early on by jerking him around with playing time. Panik found a home and is excelling with the team and could turn into a very good 2nd baseman. I'm sensing Giants are starting to move on from Headley because of the demand for a 4th season. Hopefully the Asdrubal Cabrera talk is to let Headleys camp fuck no to that 4th year. I am also calling bullshit on that rumor of the offer of 4 for 65. If he really had that offer he would have agreed by now.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    I hate free agency. The old "once you're ours, you're ours" was way better.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Bowden on ESPN had an interesting thought. Dangle Susaac and one or two of our decent young pitchers in the minors for Middlebrooks with the BoSox to try and fix 3rd base for what should be multiple seasons. The BoSox need a long term fix at catcher and it would be a match in need and value between the two. I really like Susaac but if the Giants are really intent on keeping Posey at Catcher for the future I would endorse that deal should it actually be available. Bowden talks out of his ass all the time and I dont think once has ever predicted a trade correctly so its just food for thought. Of course if I were GM I would want to know how Hector Sanchez is doing in his rehab as this would move him to back up catcher again.

I also say let Romo walk if he is really going to get 7 to 8 million a year and try Timmy at late inning reliever. He might not be happy with it but for 17 million plus he should do whatever the Giants ask him. That dude was rated as the worst starting pitcher in the majors the last few seasons. There should be no belief from anyone he can rebound as a starter and shouldnt be an option anyone is considering anymore. Since we do have him they should think out of the box on how to best use him. Maybe he can be another Wade Davis type of guy that excels in late inning relief.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    yeah, it's "funny" no one is even really thinking of Timmy as a starter. No one except me! Man, that would make a difference. I want Romo around as much for team chemistry as anything else. We gotta keep the clubhouse loose.....I'd hate to see the Giants get all corporate like, say, the Yankees. To me, panda's demeanor and attitude will be missed as much as anything. I'm wondering if those things will transfer to Boston....I'm not so sure.

I thought middlebooks sucked? Yeah, Bowden is about as credible as matt millen offering his sage opinions.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Middlebrooks has done well defensively but his bat has regressed since his rookie year. Last year was really bad but he also had some injuries and had his playing time yanked around much like the Giants did with Belt in 2012. He is only 26 so his bat is hopefully fixable as he had 1 really good season and 1 decent one before last year. I have also seen other talking heads raise pretty much that same package for Desmond Jennings (progressing through arbitration where his salary will start spiking) or maybe even Wil Myers (coming back from a bad injury).

Bowden listed in his 'potential trades' today the same trade I mentioned a while ago in Panik plus Crick for Upton. The Braves are apparently asking for a very good young second baseman as their main wish for Upton. Even though I mentioned it first (F U Bowden) I'm not sold on that one. Susaac is one thing since he is blocked by Posey but who would we play at 2nd? Plus Upton is a FA in one season and is in line one of those 7 year 150+ million dollar deals after next season. If you trade for him there is zero insurance he stays and you might have cost yourself what could be an all star level second baseman for 1 season. He can also be very pouty and helped wreck a very good D'Bags team a little while ago leading to the trade to Atlanta. I witnessed it here in Phoenix and he was called a locker room cancer at one point. He cares deeply about his stats and salary with a very large ego. Not a Giants type of guy at all. But still, .270 to .300 with 30 HR's is really hard to come by now a days.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    Upton? [-X [-X [-X

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    you know, I've said it before but........I'm almost ready just to write off 2015 (odd year) and see if anyone can develop as a pitcher, third baseman and/or left fielder. It pains me to think of parting with Panik, Belt or Crawford. Maybe Susac but only if it looks like Hector can make it back.

then again, a shitty 2015 team will ruin my summer. Wouldn't be the first time, tho.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16