Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    edited November 2014
    If they can keep Panda on a deal like Pence's (5 year 90 million) go for it. If he is looking for a 6 or 7 year deal it better be for much less aav. I'm scared it will be another Zito deal where the fans are impatiently waiting for it to end so the money can be allocated elsewhere.

So far as the Dodgers and their super staff no one has ever worked with a large salary team on that staff. Much different with a different set of problems. Plus Donnie Baseball will find a way to muck it up. They should have grabbed Maddon before the Cubs.
    Post edited by Amongst the Ani on
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,697
    ^^^^ as far as the front office, have they never heard "too many cooks spoil the broth"? Yeah, probably not.

It was too late for Maddon.....the lovable losers were already tampering with him :))
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Bochy screwed again for Manager of the year. I would have given it to Hurdle before Williams. Washington had an amazing season but the award is not for the coach with the best record. It is for who did the most with the least in the prism of a manager. The biggest thing they could list Williams having done was changing his closer mid season. Really, Bochy did that as well along with using 438 second baseman, 92 Left Fielders and 17 first baseman. All numbers are approximate of course. At least a Giant won the award.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    cdysinge said:

Bochy screwed again for Manager of the year. I would have given it to Hurdle before Williams. Washington had an amazing season but the award is not for the coach with the best record. It is for who did the most with the least in the prism of a manager. The biggest thing they could list Williams having done was changing his closer mid season. Really, Bochy did that as well along with using 438 second baseman, 92 Left Fielders and 17 first baseman. All numbers are approximate of course. At least a Giant won the award.

totally agree...Matt had a much better team to work with; their pitching was off the charts.

then again, Dusty Baker won several MOY.....I think we'll both take the titles.

Boston is apparently "all in" on Pablo. Crazy money we're talking for a guy who is basically a .280 hitter, has done 20+ HR TWICE and has only had as many as 90 RBI ONCE. I'd still like to keep him but maybe someone in the organization who can step up....

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Headley would work. Gold glove defense with a little pop. He actually had more WAR than Sandoval last season. For regular season purposes he would actually work just as well and they are saying 2 seasons at 12 per probably gets him. The idea of another fan base with Panda hats and such make me sick though.

Thank you to the OP for updating the tittle.
    Post edited by Amongst the Ani on
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    cdysinge said:

Headley would work. Gold glove defense with a little pop. He actually had more WAR than Sandoval last season. For regular season purposes he would actually work just as well and they are saying 2 seasons at 12 per probably gets him. The idea of another fan base with Panda hats and such make me sick though.

Thank you to the OP for updating the tittle.

Zito dubbed him the Panda and ought to prohibit any other organization from using it. I have a hard time picturing Sox fans in panda heads. Headly might be fine but he seems so buttoned up - a perfect fit for the Yankees. Even the name "Chase" screams yankees, d**gers, LAA, etc. We shall see.

I also can't see him "replacing" Big Slopi.....when Panda was hitting .325 I did think he was just a natural hitter....now, I'm not so sure. And I don't see him having Slopi's power. I think whatever happens, will be meant to be. I'm still shocked that 99% of athletes will leave anywhere for money....no matter how adored they are (see: Pujols, A)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Well, I had to get back in here. Stayed away all season long because I thought it was some sort of jinx. Anyways glad to see the boys pull through again. Crazy to see them struggle through most of the post season and squeak this one out. I live near Los Angeles, so therefore most or all of my friends are Dodger fans. I will keep rubbing it in that they can have their individual hardware and their division and their potential MVP pitcher. I think we will get Panda back even if he takes less money to stay in San Francisco.

imalive said:

This thread kind of died not because Giants fans lack passion or conviction, but more due to the constant trolling of d**ger fans....I hope they have learned their lesson.

The crazy thing about all this recent success is how foreign it had been to us until 2010. Only a Giants fan would know of all our past heartache - McCovey's line drive to end the 1962 series, Bob fucking Robertson in 1971, losing the 1987 NLCS on the wrong end of game 6 and 7 shutouts, the 1989 Series sweep, losing twice in the bottom of the ninth to the 1997 Marlins, blowing a 7-0 lead on the final day of the 1998 season, coming back on a 3 run bottom of ninth HR in the 2000 NLDS only to lose in the 10th, Game 6 of the 2002 Series, the Jose Cruz drop in 2003.......

but, starting with Ian Kinsler's drive off the top of the fence that stayed IN in 2010, the bad juju seems to have shifted. In the past, Gordon would have scored from third on a passed ball or some such shit. The Giants still make mistakes but they don't implode afterwards. I never thought I'd see them win one......and now they have THREE!
    I hope the OP hasn't left.....he needs to change the thread title
    :D

• Options
    Do you guys think Belt gets traded? As much as I like Belt I do think he gets moved this off season with a young pitcher (Blackburn or Crick) to fill another hole, maybe LF. With the emergence of Susac I think Posey starts a little less than his normal behind the plate with more games at 1st. I read an article this season that had him as a .340 hitter in games he wasn't catching. Giants are going to eventually talk him into moving to first primarily for his long term career potential. Belt is moving through arbitration so now is the time to move him if you are going to. Play Susac some at first to get him more games and sign a platoon type guy to cover the rest.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    ^^^^ I think Susac is more likely to go than Belt. Susac is our third good (or better) catcher.

since the OP is back.....I wonder what the future holds for our one time closer? Retire with two rings and a pocketful of cash?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

Well, I had to get back in here. Stayed away all season long because I thought it was some sort of jinx. Anyways glad to see the boys pull through again. Crazy to see them struggle through most of the post season and squeak this one out. I live near Los Angeles, so therefore most or all of my friends are Dodger fans.

You need some new friends. Really.

[-X

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive said:

Well, I had to get back in here. Stayed away all season long because I thought it was some sort of jinx. Anyways glad to see the boys pull through again. Crazy to see them struggle through most of the post season and squeak this one out. I live near Los Angeles, so therefore most or all of my friends are Dodger fans.

You need some new friends. Really.

[-X
    It just makes all this that much more enjoyable. My brother and dad live in the city. Good times up there.

• Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    edited November 2014
    I find it funny, that imalive still talks about the boys down south...

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    Hector Sanchez is just now starting to play again in the Venezuela winter league. Concussion issues for a catcher could spell end of career. I wouldn't think the Giants are planning on him ever coming back. One foul tip off the face mask and his season may be over again. I would think even if he does make it through winter league and then spring training they will make him play in AAA for a season to make sure he can handle the abuse catchers take. You dont want to stunt Susac's career by sending him back down to the minors and I can't see them keeping 3 catchers on the regular season roster. To me Susac (if he is as good as some think he will be) is the bridge that lets you move Posey to 1st in a couple of seasons.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    ^^^^^^ everything you say makes sense. Yeah, concussions are an unknown. Matheny is a perfect example (and a perfect example of how the Giants' luck used to run).

I wish I could find an article I read in the Chronicle.....it was all based on "what if"s......the biggest being what if Panda leaves. Anyway, everthing I read says Buster is NOT moving to 1B anytime soon.....and if we trade Belt, who is our 1B? Ishi? Your post is the first I've ever read to even consider moving Belt. I see your logic but I hope it doesn't happen. BB seems to be close to breaking out, to me.

Keep those trade rumors coming! Good stuff to think about.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Here is another one for you then......The other really interesting possibility at 3rd if Panda leaves is Donaldson from Oakland. With all the rumors that Oakland wants to take a step back after going all in last season he could be gotten supposedly. Donaldson will hit free agency in a couple of seasons and Oakland wont be able to afford him. Oakland loves pitching and we could re-stock them in one swoop. If it would cost Crick, Beede and either Meija or Blackburn would you do it? Sabean has always favored guys that have already done it at the pro level but those guys would start a pretty good pitching staff in 2015/2016.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,982
    If I were anywhere near the front office...
    Match the offer that Boston is willing to give Pablo, and hope they up the ante. Then let him go. I hope he does well into the future, but no one can predict that. If he tanks, and the Sox arent as willing to pander to the Panda and his weight issues, so be it. I wish him well wherever he roams. He ahs brought a ton of smiles to my face and to the Giants fans. Cannot see the Panda heads doing as well at Fenway.
    Go after Yasmany Tomas! Go get this stud RIGHT NOW! NOW! Yesterday is too late to grab this kid. HE needs to be in Black and Orange.
    Pitching... Hoping Cain recovers and has his best years ahead of him, but we need to rebuild the farm league after depleting it with short term trades.
    Strickland... Send his ass to... ANYWHERE!
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    MVP

oh wait, wrong thread

carry on

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,572
    PJ_ROCKS said:

MVP

oh wait, wrong thread

carry on

How'd that work out in the playoffs? >LOL

• Options
    cutz said:

PJ_ROCKS said:

MVP

oh wait, wrong thread

carry on

thank you, cutz =D> ......these troll d**ger fans can be a quite a nuisance, what with their bold fonts and idiotic posts

OK....Given to....yes, by all means, we could use some Tomas. I didn't think we were in the mix but just found an article that says otherwise. "a lot more power than" Abreu? Wow!

http://nesn.com/2014/11/report-cuban-prospect-yasmany-tomas-signing-appears-imminent/

Strickland, I'm afraid, is not going anywhere. We are more likely to bid adieu to Romo. Bochy obviously sees something in Strickland and who are we to argue will the great and powerful Boch?

cdy - love the Donaldson idea! As far as the minor league pitchers, I don't keep up on that as much as I should....seems like whoever is supposed to be the next big thing, never is. Crick is the only guy I know even a little about. Hell, there was a time I thought this guy was an up and comer :))

photo IMG_0716_zps09db6a88.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Interesting thought. Tomas at 3rd:
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    cdysinge said:

Interesting thought. Tomas at 3rd:

if Felipe is for it, I may be against it :))

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    cdysinge said:

If it would cost Crick, Beede and either Meija or Blackburn would you do it?

for sure, we could give up Meija

:-\"

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    cutz said:

PJ_ROCKS said:

MVP

oh wait, wrong thread

carry on

what playoff... ha

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    imalive said:

cutz said:

PJ_ROCKS said:

MVP

oh wait, wrong thread

carry on

thank you, cutz =D> ......these troll d**ger fans can be a quite a nuisance, what with their bold fonts and idiotic posts

OK....Given to....yes, by all means, we could use some Tomas. I didn't think we were in the mix but just found an article that says otherwise. "a lot more power than" Abreu? Wow!

http://nesn.com/2014/11/report-cuban-prospect-yasmany-tomas-signing-appears-imminent/

Strickland, I'm afraid, is not going anywhere. We are more likely to bid adieu to Romo. Bochy obviously sees something in Strickland and who are we to argue will the great and powerful Boch?

cdy - love the Donaldson idea! As far as the minor league pitchers, I don't keep up on that as much as I should....seems like whoever is supposed to be the next big thing, never is. Crick is the only guy I know even a little about. Hell, there was a time I thought this guy was an up and comer :))

photo IMG_0716_zps09db6a88.jpg
    bold is so you can read it!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    F*ck the Dodgers and the vast majority of their pompous fans.

Sandoval is more than likely gone. His brother is making comments Pablo is looking for respect and the Giants are leaking that Sandoval is purely chasing the dollar and will take the highest bid, even if the Giants are close. Respect = money to Sandoval. Its his right to do it and more power to him but the team is going to need a new 3rd baseman.

Their is also a new rumor Giants are looking to trade Crick for Justin Upton from the Braves. I watched J-Up many seasons here in Phoenix. When he gets hot he starts rocking balls out of the stadium right and left but then disappears for games on end when he isn't. You replace Sandoval's bat with him in the order and then can look for a defensive 3rd baseman that would bat at the back end of the order.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    Stat of the day, Stat of the day...

Kershaw is the first Dodger to win the MVP since Kirk Gibson in 1988. Between those two awards, Giants players have combined for eight MVP awards: Mitchell, Bonds (5), Kent, and Posey

Also, in the 2 years Lincecum won the Cy Young award, he had more K's than Kershaw did these last two seasons.
  • Options
    1988 is also important for something else in d**ger lore.

but really, let's quit talking about them.....they're irrelavent.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Standing offer to anyone, if you are coming out to spring training let me know. To me its the greatest thing about living in AZ. Giants games used to be a few dollars to attend but thanks to all the tittles lawn seats now cost more than a D-Bags regular season game. Still a blast to go and between the Cubs new stadium out here (mini replica of Wrigley), the D-Backs new spring site (extremely family friendly with decent priced food) we have better stadiums than some regular season versions across baseball.

I'm blessed in that I work 1/4 mile away from Scottsdale stadium and can sneak out for a long lunch whenever I want to go catch a game. If you're coming and want to meet up let me know and I will be there.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle